The Brim

$2k - $3k For 100 Guests
Up to 150 guests

$2k - $3k For 100 Guests
Up to 150 guests

The Brim is a rustic wedding venue located in Kansas City, Missouri. The owners and founders started with a dream and have created a space for weddings to remember. From spring 2020, this venue offers a rural setting with a beautiful wedding chapel for free wedding ceremonies and affordable receptions. With a variety of options to enhance your special day, you can enjoy this important chapter of your life together.

Facilities and Capacity

The Brim is situated within rolling hills and verdant fields, 16 blissful acres just minutes from both downtown Kansas City and Kansas City International Airport. Beginning in spring 2020, the Founder’s Square provides an outdoor ceremony space atop a hill for up to 150 guests. You can be wed surrounded by your loved ones, scenic views, and Missouri sunsets. Starting in June of 2021, the Brim Chapel offers a ceremony venue for up to 120 seated guests, and with garage doors opened it can host more covered seats outside. Starting June 15th, 2023, a new reception space will host receptions for guests of up to 150!

Wedding events that can be held at this farmland venue include bridal showers, elopements, free ceremonies, and affordable reception options. The team at this venue can assist you with the setup and cleanup of your wedding. All-inclusive packages can cover bar service, and rental of linens, sound system, arch, tables, and chairs. Upon request, staff can provide vendor referrals, wedding coordination and planning, and free secular premarital classes. The peak season for this venue stretches from April through November.

Cuisine

Available bar and catering service include cake cutting, bartenders, and servers. The staff can advise on caterers to provide your wedding cuisine and refreshments.

Other Services

In addition to wedding events, The Brim can also host other special events and celebrations. These include birthday parties, family reunions, anniversaries, corporate parties, and fundraising events. You can contact staff for details of how they can best assist you to bring your event to fruition.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$650

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$650

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$400

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$400

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Clean Up
Parking
Set Up

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$5

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Farm/Ranch
Winery

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up

What catering services do you offer?

Cocktail Reception
Outside Cake
Server(s)

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Outside Alcohol

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Lighting
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

Message vendor

• Dawn
    Dawn Married on 07/02/2022

Excellent!

The venue is perfect, holds 150, and you can’t get a better value for what you get. I have one complaint. I didn’t pay for the coordination, because I really didn’t need it, and because of this truly felt less valued and important to the couple who run the place. The set up under the tent was wrong when we got to the day of the wedding, and we’re just told by staff there was nothing that could be done. We were told the food trucks would be set up closer, they set one up across from the port-a-John’s. It just didn’t seem as organized on the day of as I expected it. They are a new facility, so I believe it will get better with time! Regardless of the errors, I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to get married.

The Brim's reply:

Hey Dawn, Aaron here, one of the owners. We appreciate the 5 star review- thank you! I enjoyed being at your wedding and believe it turned out to be a phenomenal night. You have a very special group of people that clearly care and love you all well! I do want to take a moment to address the items you bring up, so there is not confusion by the public who might read your review. We felt like we gave you the best of care we possibly could and are saddened to hear you felt less valued. It is true, if day-of coordination is not purchased, there is just no way we could manage all of the small details of organizing a wedding that occur outside of our venue duties. With that said, there were items that happened at your wedding that we just handled that we typically wouldn’t. We did not tell you these things because, well, you just don’t need to worry about them on your special day. For instance, Coke ran out at the bar. When it did, I jumped in my truck and went to the store and purchased more during the event. I have done things like that before, because I care that things go well at every wedding, regardless if coordination is purchased or not. Our staff and I stayed (30 minutes) past the agreed upon exit time, helping get things loaded up and taken care of. Again, not a big deal at all, but these are things you just did not see. As far as the setup being wrong, there was a young lady who came up to me pretty frazzled. I proceeded to listen to her and we looked at the approved layout we both had. We both agreed what was on the layout was exactly what was there. I then looked at her and said, “Please, if you need another table I will go grab it, you just tell me what is needed.” We do things like this all the time, it is not a big deal- if we need another table we can make that happen. She responded, however, saying they did not need it and would be okay. If there was further frustration about this, we did not know that and would have jumped to make it right immediately. There was a question about the DJ table because the notes said that the DJ was bringing their own setup. Typically that means they are bringing their own table too, so there was some confusion there. But it was nothing we would not have been willing to easily solve right away if it was communicated with us. As far as the location of the food trucks, we typically set them up in the field pretty close to the tent. But that morning it rained over 2 inches and we had no choice but to put them in the parking lot. There was just no way they could have driven in the grass without potentially getting stuck. It isn’t as desirable, but there wasn’t a whole lot we can do about that. You all are a special couple and we are glad we could play a part in your wedding! We wish you all the best, and hope you will be able to come back and visit as we continue to grow. Thanks! - Aaron
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa I. Married on 05/28/2022

Beautiful venue, caring owners

My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding reception at the Brim KC. Kelsie was beyond amazing with helping prepare everything exactly how I wanted prior to the event, despite me living out of state. The staff that was present during our reception also went above and beyond to make our night special and help wherever needed. All of the guests loved the venue stating how beautiful the chapel and the views on site were. I highly recommend the Brim KC. I am very happy that we found this gem in the town where we met and fell in love to celebrate our marriage.

The Brim's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! We were so glad to be a small part of your big day. You were great to work with and we're so glad everything went perfectly, even with out of state planning (which can be tricky)! Hope to have you back out in the future!
  • Allie
    Allie I. Married on 11/27/2021

Perfect venue

I found the Brim looking for places to elope in KC and I was so excited to have my wedding here I couldn't even wait for the tour to book my date! The couple that owns the property are so sweet and nailed down every possible detail to my specifications. They were very attentive and I never had to reach out to them because they were always checking in and making sure everything was running on schedule. It was the one thing that never had any issues with our wedding and trust me there were a lot! The Brim is so classically beautiful yet simple. I loved every minute of working with them. 10/10

The Brim's reply:

Thank you so much, Allie! It was such a joy to be a part of your beautiful big day. Thank you for choosing us to share it with!
  • illustration stars

26 photos · 05/28/2022
Seth & Alicia
49 photos · 05/26/2022

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
14150 NW Walker Rd Kansas City, MO, 64163
816-777-6000
Location of (The Brim)

The Brim frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Brim?

The Brim includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Clean Up
  • Parking
  • Set Up

At The Brim, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

The Brim includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)

At The Brim, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at The Brim includes:
  • Bartender(s)

What are the most important characteristics of The Brim in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Brim for wedding events is known for:
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Winery

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Brim for wedding events?

The Brim offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does The Brim offer?

The Brim offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Brim offer for wedding events?

The Brim offers the following services for wedding events:
  • All Inclusive Packages
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up

What furniture and decorations does The Brim have available for wedding events?

The Brim offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Altar/Arch
  • Lighting
  • Tables
  • Tents
  • Tent Accessories

What percentage of users recommend The Brim and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Brim is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Kansas City for your wedding