Coco Paloma Desserts Reviews

Coco Paloma Desserts 4
Coco Paloma Desserts 5
  • sunnysamar

Samar · Married on 01/15/2011

I had already booked my cake baker, a woman who made the cupcakes at a friend’s wedding, seven months before our big day. Three months before our wedding, she backed out. I was flustered and anxious about finding someone else so close to the wedding day when I had a million other things going on, including graduating college. Paloma was the first person I chose to meet with after losing our baker and she could tell I didn’t have a lot of time to waste. We quickly set up a tasting and spoke about what flavors and designs we wanted for our wedding. She helped me make quick decisions and made suggestions for improvements, which worked out great. My husband is not a big fan of cake in general, so it was important to me that my husband liked it. He is a hard man to please when it comes to cake, and he really liked Paloma’s. My wedding cake was a white cake with vanilla bean custard and it was absolutely beautiful. She did an amazing job with the cake design, and I love that she used all natural ingreidents. For my husband’s cake, we had white cake with raspberry jam and lemon buttercream. We sent Paloma a photo of my husband’s bike (he’s a cyclist) and she designed a cake to be an exact replica of his bike. We were both really happy with our cakes. Our guests thought they were delicious, and I was so pleased with the designs and the taste. Her prices are extremely reasonable. She’s a very sweet woman and I would recommend her to friends and other brides.

Sent on 03/25/2011

Coti · Married on 07/24/2010

Coco Paloma was amazing. Everything about my experience was great. I changed the design of my cake about 2 weeks before the wedding and it was no big deal at all. They just wanted me to be happy. This was one of the best cakes I had. Definitely chose Coco Paloma!

Sent on 08/02/2010
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 06/13/2010

That is my cake in the portfolio picture! All i can say is FABULOUS!! Paloma is a true gem to work with. The cake tasted amazing..... you have never tasted buttercream until you have tried Paloma's! I will definitely be using her services in the future!!

Sent on 07/01/2010
  • I

Loren · Married on 08/08/2009

Coco Paloma Desserts makes THE best wedding cakes I have ever tasted! All of my guests were ranting and raving about how delicious they were! Did I mention she used REAL food to make them? No artificial flavors or additives-just flour, eggs (ones that come from happy chickens), butter, etc. The cakes were also BEAUTIFUL and so unique! My cake was gorgeous-more beautiful than I could ever imagine! My husbands 'cheese' cake (an Italian cream cake in the shape of a big wheel of parmesan) was adorable (there were two mice sitting on top eating cheese)! He was very pleased! I already can't wait for our 1 year anniversary so we can eat another piece! I wish I could order cupcakes from her bakery weekly!

Sent on 09/03/2009

Sarah · Married on 10/04/2008

Our wedding cake was everything we could have hoped for and quintessentially Southern! It was an octagon shaped bourbon praline cake. A gourmet cake by Coco Paloma Desserts that was made of yellow cake doused with a bourbon soak and filled with homemade pecan praline butter cream and covered with a vanilla butter cream frosting. The sugar flowers that topped the cake were all-handmade and were so realistic and beautiful. It was just a breathtaking creation. Paloma does not disappoint! My husband and I received compliments all evening about how moist and delicious the cake was and we will return to Paloma for all of our future cake needs!

Sent on 04/01/2009

Michelle · Married on 04/19/2008

Paloma was great! Our cake was not only GORGEOUS, but it was delicious too. We have received countless compliments.

Sent on 07/16/2008

Sarah · Married on 11/23/2013

Paloma did both of our cakes. The cakes were amazing, moist, beautiful and flavorful. Everyone raved about the cakes!!!!!! And she was a great to work with. Very personable and we felt like we were leaving our cakes in good hands.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Paloma did a great job with our wedding and groom's cake. She was flexible in making the groom's cake exactly as we wanted, and both cakes were delicious! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Beautiful, delicious cake. The cost was the best I found in Austin!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2011

Paloma is great! She made the cake for my friend's wedding, and it was amazing so I wanted her to make the cake for our wedding as well. Best tasting wedding cake ever, and it was beautiful too. We didn't want a super complex design, but when we went for our tasting she showed us some cake running shoes she'd made for a girl who ran the marathon - wow!! She was great to work with - very responsive and professional.

Sent on 06/06/2011

Marie · Married on 09/13/2008

The cake was beautiful- exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 04/08/2009

Veronica · Married on 06/28/2008

Everyone loved the dulce de leche cake. I've gotten lots of comments on it; and I LOVED it too.

Sent on 07/07/2008

Allison · Married on 04/02/2011

1.8
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

Unfortunately I did not have the wonderful experience with Coco Paloma desserts that the other brides did. From the time of the cake tasting when we showed up with +2 (who had flown in from California to help with the wedding meetings) than my wedding planner had told her would be there, Paloma was obviously put out by this and made it clear she wasn't happy about it. However, the cakes were very delicious, so we ended up picking her to do the wedding cake. The sketches were never ready when promised and I felt the spark in creativity was just not there. On the big day, when it came time to cut the cake...big moment...2 out of the 3 tiers of the cake were the wrong flavor from what was ordered!! I barely received an apology and got refunded just for the flavor change-not for the 80% of the cake that was incorrect. Delicious cakes if you get what you ordered, but sad to say very poor customer service.

Sent on 05/10/2011