52 Reviews for Chicago Lighting Design

Chandeliers (1)
Backdrops (1)
51 Chicago Lighting Design Reviews

1.0

Chicago Lighting Design was by far the worst vendor for our wedding. We were given their contact information from our venue. Disappointment is an understatement. We had our first initial call November 2016 with Len. We requested chandeliers for our tent wedding. He said that he has worked with his venue before and that he can do it. He suggested that we can do up to 9. I payed about 75% of the total amount in November. A month before the wedding i called to check up on all vendors to make sure things were still good and since I hadn't heard from him on the remaining balance. He wasn't the most pleasant. I asked if everything was good to go and his response was "why wouldn't everything be good to go?" I simply let Len know that I was checking on all my vendors. He told me that I can pay the remaining amount on the website but there was not option to pay the final amount. He told me I could click on the increments of $10 until the total amount. About 10 days before the wedding I received an email (not a phone call) telling me that they would not be able to hang the chandlers due to the physical space having something else in the way. Len suggested that he can shine a chandelier picture on the tent instead. After looking at the pictures that I had from the venue my husband figured out how to hang them and drew a diagram to send to him. We sent it over and he said that could work. It was frustrating that for someone who does this for a living was not able to figure it out. He also told me that with how the tent was set up the max chandeliers that he could hang was 6/9 that was originally on the contract. The day of the wedding he showed up after 1PM, when he said he would be there at 11AM. He was moving around all the chairs and did not put them back. He even broke a chandelier and didn't bring another one so we only had 5 total. He also broke one of our personal plates. Called when I got back from our honeymoon and he had excuses for everything. Overall awful company.

Profile Picture Joselyn, 9/15/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Chandeliers, Setup

Chicago lighting design made the process to find lighting easy. After following a recommendation from our wedding coordinator we contacted Len for our October wedding. We wanted to have a projected pattern of ferns on our venue walls to match our redwood forest theme. He gave us a link to a website so we could pick out a specific pattern which was really helpful and we ended up choosing a leaf pattern and amber for our color to give a feeling of warmth to our reception. I was really looking forward to seeing the results as it was really an "above and beyond" expense for us. Unfortunately, the day of I was pretty disappointed as you couldn't see the pattern very well! Knowing that they had done multiple weddings before our event at that venue, I wish that they had offered their recommendation on what to do with that space, although I do understand he was following our wishes.

Profile Picture User4254708, 2+ years ago, 17 Reviews
Services Used: Backdrops, Setup

We hired Chicago Lighting Design through our wedding planner and she handled all of the details (other than picking a particular bulb style for the cafe lights -- which we did via email) in dealing directly with them but here are the key facts that I can attest to if asked under oath:

1. They have great pricing -- totally reasonable for what we asked for
2. Things looked totally awesome at the wedding.

Chicago Lighting Design did exactly what we hired them to do -- make the space beautiful by lighting up all the right spots in all the right ways. The output was gorgeous. Would recommend using them. And let's be honest, the fact that I"m writing a review about lighting design should probably indicate how happy we were with the end product.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/5/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

The room looked beautiful. I had a surprise bill from the hotel on the extra cost of electricity/outlets for the lighting, so this is something I would recommend discussing in advance with the vendor and wedding site.

Profile Picture User3556118, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Chicago Lighting and Design was incredible. They literally transformed a drab room into a literal wonderland for our wedding reception. They were creative and cost-effective. Len was wonderful to work with. He was always responsive and help us realize a vision for our wedding. Truly phenomenal service!!!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Len was very easy to work with and flexible with times on making final decisions. He was exactly what I needed to deal with during wedding planning.

Profile Picture Rory, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Len made sure the lighting idea I had would work in the space by first looking at the space before giving an opinion or price. Once he looked at it, I had total confidence in the plan he said would work. He arrived with the lights on time on a holiday weekend and was there to retrieve the lights exactly when scheduled.

Profile Picture Tracey, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Len was super easy to work with, helpful and provided integral and beautiful decor for our wedding.

Profile Picture Aviva, 8/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

The lighting that was supplied was perfect. The warm white can lighting for dinner that changed to purple lights for dancing and the twinkle lights above the dance floor were great.

Profile Picture User3526411, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Len was extremely easy to work with. He provided images of his work, which was helpful in deciding what I wanted. It also gave me an idea of how it would look in the tent. On the day of the wedding everything came together, and the room looked amazing! Everyone loved the paper lanterns. It was such a nice touch.

Profile Picture shalonda, 5/25/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

I would strongly recommend using Chicago Lighting Design on your wedding day. Len is very helpful, professional, and easy to work with. The prices are perfectly reasonable. The lights were beyond beautiful and sparkled in every picture.

Profile Picture User2600538, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

We were very satisfied with the quality of your work. The tent and flowers at Galleria Marchetti were beautiful. Your lighting did much to enhance the beauty. I look forward to working with Chicago Lighting Design in the future.

Profile Picture Ilene, 6/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Used Chicago Lighting Design for the lighting at our wedding at Architectural Artifacts on 5/27/12. Len was so easy to work with and they did a great job. I never had to worry about a thing. The lighting was exactly what I wanted at a reasonable price.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I recently got married at Galleria Marchetti which while the tent and everything there is beautiful I truly believe that without the lanterns that Chicago Lighting provided it wouldn't have looked nearly as beautiful as it did. We were so impressed with how beautiful the room looked and the lanterns were just the most perfect touch. Chicago Lighting was so easy to work with, by far the lowest maintenance of all vendors I worked with. I highly recommend working with Chicago Lighting.

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Chicago Lighting Design did a phenomenal job highlighting our entry to the building, which was a table wtih family photographs on it, lighting up a plain looking stairway, and spotlighting the centerpieces. I highly recommend them! They were reasonably priced and SO worth it!

Profile Picture Patty, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Len was great!!! He provided microphones and speakers for our ceremony, and uplighting for our reception, all at a great price compared to other vendors. He offers many more services on top of this as well. His service was fantastic... I had no problems dealing with him whatsoever. I never even had to contact him on the day of the wedding, he was just there and ready to go before I even knew it. The audio for the ceremony was great, and the uplighting for the reception looked amazing, it gave a really nice touch to the ballroom. I would not hesitate to recommend Len from Chicago Lighting Design to anyone!

Profile Picture Dave, 9/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers

They were very responsive to emails. We got a great deal because they were having a new year's sale. Len setup for us, changed the color at the right time, made sure everything went great, and took it down. They didn't give us any problem about changing the light color halfway through. The lights looked awesome and made the wedding reception look really awesome!

Profile Picture Jeremy, 7/3/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Len was super easy to work with and the lighting looked amazing!

Profile Picture Jada, 5/28/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I found working with Chicago Lighting Design to be easy and stressless. Len was great to work with from the start. We chose the lite up lanterns for our wedding and they were a huge hit! The only warning I would give is I was told not to worry about ordering the colors I wanted until weeks before. It was to my fault that I couldn't decide which colors to go with that I waited but when I finally did, one of the colors I wanted wasn't available. So order early brides and grooms:) I would recommend this company without hesitation!! Thanks Len and company!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/7/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Wow! Chicago Lighting Design provided lighting, a custom GOBO for our dance floor and a chuppah for our wedding at Hotel Palomar. Great prices, great service. It totally transformed the ballroom room into a dream venue.

Profile Picture Peta, 3/19/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

When we hired this company to do our lighting, we knew we were getting a good value. Len was a little pushy and hard to get a hold of sometimes but in the end, everything looked absolutely beautiful. He knows what he's doing but don't let him talk you into more than you know you need.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/5/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I found Chicago Lighting Design on line, and was delighted with their service, prices, and flexibility. Len listened to what we wanted, made a few suggestions, and did not try to "up-sell" us. The design he implemented turned a rustic outdoor pavilion into a romantic beautiful space. I recommend him highly.

Profile Picture Debbie, 10/9/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

True profesional. Used his ideas to make my wedding have that sliver lining. Thanks, Dana

Profile Picture Dana, 9/24/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Len Woelfel was an absolute pleasure to work with. He listened to our lighting needs and thoughts, and shared with us very unique, interesting lighting solutions. During the three-day event he was on-site at all times, in the event there were any issues -- there were no issues, but we appreciated his dedication.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/11/10, 1 Review
4.7

I just had my wedding this past weekend, and I was very impressed with Chicago lighting design. My venue was not the most flexible with what time Len could set up. Even though he had less time than he would have liked, he was able to get both backdrops set up and make the room look beautiful. He was very responsive. Every time I called or emailed, he responded promptly. I didn't actually meet him on my wedding day, but my sister did and said he was very kind, professional, and accomodating. Thanks Len!

Profile Picture Joy, 9/4/10, 6 Reviews