Calypso Rae Photography Reviews

14 | Syracuse, NY

14 Reviews for Calypso Rae Photography

Alex · Married on 09/06/2015

Caly was our wedding photographer last year (posting this review a bit late, woops!) down in Ithaca, NY. She was absolutely fantastic to work with, and we are beyond satisfied with how our wedding photos turned out. We met once ahead of time to ensure that it would be a good fit, and described some of the shots we had been thinking about and the family shots we wanted, and then took her to the ceremony and reception venues so that she could get a feel for them. From there we simply filled out a questionnaire, and she sent us a timeline, brought along an assistant, and was fully prepared to come in and take charge of what we wanted on the day of. We had our family photos, ceremony, and bridal shots in Stewart Park in Ithaca, and she chose beautiful spots to set these and kept the process flowing smoothly and naturally despite relatively large families and the public nature of the park. We were amazed at the number of shots she took of the entire process, from the beginning of us getting ready through large crowds dancing at the reception. She and her assistant really got into the energy of the guests, maintained a great sense of humor, and watched for shots that fit our personalities throughout the day. Caly’s prices were reasonable, and her personal touch and the beautiful, incredibly high-quality photos of a once-in-a-lifetime event like our wedding were well worth the cost.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Caly is amazing. We loved her images online and she was within our budget. We did both an engagement session with her and in addition to a 10 hour wedding day photo package (with a second shooter for the actual wedding). She was super easy to work with, very responsive and always on time. The photos she was able to capture were fantastic! She does both your traditional shots but also some very cool, artistic shots as well. We have some truly epic shots of us on our wedding day that I've never seen from other weddings done at the exact same locations. She's got a great eye, can find interesting lines and unbelievable lighting. We could not be happier with the photos! Thanks Caly!

Sent on 01/23/2016

Diane · Married on 06/27/2015

Even though she was the first photographer that we met with, we booked Caly on the spot. We were incredibly impressed with not only her portfolio, but also her responsiveness and willingness to work with our vision for the day.

For our engagement shoot, Caly was willing to go with us to two different locations. We loved the variety and flexibility that she offered. We were so happy with our engagement shoot that as part of our wedding gift, my parents gave us a gift certificate to work with Caly again after the wedding.

On the wedding day, Caly did a fantastic job capturing all of our important moments. She had requested a list of all the formal portraits that we wanted and she got every single one (plus some that we decided on spur of the moment). At the ceremony and at the reception, we barely noticed her there, but the 1500 pictures she took for us prove that she was!

We've started the process of picking pictures for our album but there are so many amazing shots that we still need a little more time to narrow them down. We purchased the rights to all our pictures so even the ones that don't make the cut won't be lost!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Meghan · Married on 06/28/2014

We worked with Caly as our photographer for our wedding and she was absolutely wonderful. She met with us multiple times and emailed frequently back and forth to get a very clear idea of everything we wanted captured in our photographs. Following our engagement shoot, it was very clear how amazingly talented she is. We got the chance to get to know her and become more comfortable in front of the camera, and she was so easy to work with. Our wedding photos are absolutely breathtaking. She was able to share them on her blog and we continue to get countless compliments on how beautiful and perfect the pictures are. She caught amazing candids when we didn't even realize she was taking pictures. I would absolutely recommend her to any bride!!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Caly is amazing! She truly is a talented photographer and the love that she has for her work is evident in her photos. We had the joy of meeting Caly first on Skype, and finally in person when she came to California for our engagement session. During our engagement shoot Caly braved cold, sharp sea shells under her bare feet to take pictures of us on the beach. She also endured a 45 minute car ride up a windy road to take photos at one of our favorite spots. After our engagement shoot, there was no doubt in our mind that we not only hired the best photographer, but that we made a great friend! From that moment on we were even more excited about our wedding day because we had full confidence that Caly would beautifully and creatively document our special day, and that she did! Because of her work, we are able to relive our wedding day through all of the great shots she took. We are so happy with our pictures and would highly recommend Calypso Rae Photography!! Thank you again Caly!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Colleen · Married on 10/13/2012

Caly was an absolutely awesome photographer, who captured us and all our quirkiness, in all it's splendor. We had a very non-traditional exchange of vows, that took place in a photo lighting studio - where we met. As wedding photographers ourselves, we had a particular vision for our wedding photos, and Caly achieved those visions spot on. Thank you, Caly, for being such a good sport, and providing us with such wonderful visual memories!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2012

Finding a great wedding photographer was a high priority for our wedding. I planned my wedding from 800 miles away so I relied heavily on reviews and photographer blogs. When I first contacted Caly and explained my situation she was nothing if not super helpful and accommodating. She even came to capture our rehearsal dinner. Caly's photographs capture details large and small that I know I will treasure as I look back on my wedding day. For both the rehearsal and the wedding I hardly noticed her as she captured everything and everyone that went into making my wedding special and unique to my husband and myself. I highly recommend Calypso Rae photography.

Sent on 07/15/2012
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 11/11/2011

Caly was wonderful to work with from the very beginning. What I liked most about Caly right from the start was her responsiveness. She always got right back to me with any questions I had throughout the planning process. We did an engagement session with Caly, which I definitely reccomend as it made the wedding day pictures feel much more comfortable! I can't say enough about how wonderful Caly truly is. She arrived on time and stayed until the very end. She is easygoing, and most of the time I didn't even know she was there!

We recently received our photos and we LOVE them. Going through the hundreds of pictures allowed us to "relive" our wedding day. Caly captured the emotions, the excitement, and the love that filled our day. She is amazing!

Sent on 12/25/2011
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2011

Caly was amazing! We did both our engagement photos and wedding photos with her, and both were great experiences despite being nervous. She was easy to work with, and immediately put us at ease. The photos were awesome, she really captured the spirit of our day.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Michael · Married on 09/03/2011

We loved Caly!! She was there right on time and stayed until the party was over!! She really listened to us but also added her own artistis eye when taking the photos; which is exactly what a photographer should do. We are soo happy with the pictures!! Worth every penny!!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Rhody · Married on 08/06/2011

We couldn't have been happier with our choice in wedding photographer. Caly did an amazing job capturing our special day. She was incredibly professional and easy to work with. We didn't even notice her at all during the wedding. We did however notice her incredible talent, artistic touch, and attention to detail in every single one of our 800+ pictures. We also loved the wedding book she put together for us. If you are interested in having a photographer that you can count on, call Caly today!

Sent on 09/28/2011
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/25/2011

What a wonderful photographer! She did an amazing job at my wedding I couldnt have asked for a better person to captures pictures of my special day, and relive that day everytime i look at them!

Sent on 07/27/2011

L · Married on 06/04/2011

Caly was a fabulous photographer. She was prompt and stayed late into the evening to capture all the fun of our wedding, and made sure to get any specific photos that we requested. We were so pleased with how the photos came out and got so many compliments on them. We definitely got our money's worth, and I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about her.

Sent on 08/22/2011

susan · Married on 09/04/2011

Caly was awesome. She was there till the very end to capture every moment!

Sent on 05/20/2012