Cake Junkie Reviews

19 | Bryan, TX

19 Reviews for Cake Junkie

Elizabeth · Getting married on 03/14/2020

Our cake was amazing. Aside from the beautiful design and wonderful flavor, they made sure that it was exactly what we wanted. My favorite part of using Cake Junkie is that on our 1 year anniversary they will make us a fresh "mini" cake that is the tier of wedding cake for free.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Chelsea · Married on 02/18/2017

Thank you for a beautiful wedding cake! We loved it and it is exactly like how we wanted, thank you! Great customer service and very professional.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Amanda · Married on 03/28/2015

Cake Junkie made our grooms cake, which was an Aggie ring on top of a maroon base. The ring itself was very intricate, and turned out great! It looked exactly how we wanted it to, and tasted great too! I looked at many pictures of Aggie ring cakes, and couldn't find one that looked any better than Cake Junkie's. The ring was carrot cake, and the base was red velvet, I didn't get to try the cake at the reception, but did try it when we got back from our honeymoon, and it was still good! Everyone loved the ring, it looked just like an Aggie ring! The cake was delivered on time and without any issues. I would definitely recommend Cake Junkie for any cakes related to Texas A&M!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Cakes were beautiful and delicious!! Took in a picture from pinterest and they made it look even better!!! Loved the grooms cake too, took in the topper and told them they could just be creative, it was super cute!!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Ana · Married on 03/27/2011

My cake was PERFECT when I saw it I couldnt believe how beautiful it was the did such a great job arranging the flowers the lil butterflies and it was delicious everybody loved this cake it was just PERFECT thats going to be the only place I will ever order a cake for something special.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2008

Sweet Memories was great. They were extremely helpful and even let me make some last minutes adjustments to the wedding cake. Everything was delievered and set up perfectly- I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/15/2008

MELYSSA · Married on 10/13/2007

Excellent Service! The cake was fantastic! I got a yellow cake with pineapple filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. It was a hit! The reservation process was painless, and there were no problems at all. I also recommend their other pasteries.

Sent on 12/05/2007

I found Cake Junkie to be a joy to work with. I was able to communicate somewhat effectively in order to get the cake I wanted. They even accommodated me when I decided to change my cake design. The cake was very delicious, and everything I wanted it to be. I got a lot of compliments on the cake, it was delicious.

Sent on 03/06/2015

3.0

Cake Junkie was amazing! The cakes they made for us were both beautiful and delicious, and they were great to work with. My only advice would be to call instead of email when you first contact them. I sent an inquiry email and hadn't heard anything several days later, so I called - then they were very helpful and responsive!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Cake Junkie was amazing! They went through a change of management between the time I paid and my wedding, and they were able to give us a great wedding cake that looked and tasted even better than I thought it would. We loved it

Sent on 05/24/2016

Courtney · Married on 01/27/2018

3.0

We wanted a fairly simple 3-tiered cake, so our primary requirement was that the cake actually taste good. After trying samples from two other vendors, Cake Junkie's cake was by far the most delicious. All the others tasted way too sweet, but our white almond and chocolate tiers from Cake Junkie were perfect. Can't wait to have our anniversary tier!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Andrea · Married on 01/06/2008

This was a pretty good alternative compared to other places that were a lot more expensive. The cake was beautiful and it tasted very good; I was very satisfied :)

Sent on 03/11/2008

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2007

We had the almond vanilla cake with rasberry filling...it was amazing!! I highly recommend that flavor!

Sent on 03/13/2008

Andrea · Married on 02/02/2008

4.2
      2.5

Sweet memories was able to almost perfectly recreate my wedding cake from a picture I had found online!

Sent on 03/22/2008

3.4
      3.5
      2.5

The cakes tasted and looked amazing! However, they did forget to provide us with the extra sheet cake that we paid for regarding our increasing headcount. They did refund us the money but it was still a big inconvenience...

Sent on 07/28/2015

Kim · Married on 03/08/2008

3.4
      3.5

Delicious cake and very beautiful. Pricey... and not as informative as I would have liked them to be.

Sent on 09/27/2008

Candace · Married on 10/06/2006

2.8
      3.0

The cake designer I met with was very friendly and responsive to my vision of my dream wedding cake. I had found a picture of the cake I wanted, so there was not much designing on their part that needed to be done since I wanted it exactly like the picture. The cake was nice, but the one in the picture that I had used as my ideal cake was a little better. I thought the price of the cake was little high, but it would be hard to find something as nice for less money. One thing I did not like was that I wanted fresh flower on my cake and this vendor required me to purchase the flowers myself and did not even offer to place them on the cake for me. Not a huge deal, but I felt that the finishing touches on my cake should have been done by the professional cake people and not an attendant at my reception site.

Sent on 04/28/2008

Kelby · Married on 10/13/2018

Poor Wedding Experience

After multiple consultations and tastings, we chose to use Cake Junkie for our wedding. I have seen their work several times and never would have expected to be a disappointed as I was. While my grooms cake was perfect and tasted amazing, my wedding cake was less than idea. Not only did it look almost NOTHING like the picture we had agreed upon (blush pink at the bottom ombre-ing up to white at the top tier with golden drips down it - instead it was solid white with what appeared to be one single accidental swipe of light pink at the bottom), but it FELL APART when we cut into it. By the time three pieces had been cut, the entire lower tier was more soup than it was cake. It was delicious, but it literally had to be eaten with a spoon. This was genuinely the only disappointment at our wedding, only made better when my wonderful florist added flowers. I was equally as disappointed in how it was dropped off. The owner dropped off both cakes and scurried back out to her van without another word or checking to see if we were happy with the products - I was not even in the room when they arrived! Honestly we thought she went out to get her airbrush to add the pink and only realized she was gone when someone went out and checked. I wouldn't recommend using them for a wedding unless the cake is solid white and very simple. (Gave two stars instead of one because the grooms cake)

Sent on 11/29/2018

Sherry · Married on 04/07/2018

1.6
      1.0

Their product is not worth the price. I asked for a receipt for my records and never got one even after contacting them multiple times. Also, I rented a cake stand and I got a foil covered piece of cardboard. Also, there were wooden dowels and cardboard in the cake with only 3 tiers. Not worth the price or the headache.

Sent on 04/10/2018