Bridal Elegance and Formalwear Reviews

35 | Kaukauna, WI

35 Reviews for Bridal Elegance and Formalwear

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

I used Bridal Elegance for my wedding dress, my bridesmaids' dresses, the tuxes, and my mom bought her dress there as well. I loved the laid back feel of the place. Most bridal shops make one of their salespersons be in the room with you and that you only have so much time and can only try on so many dresses...that is not the case with Bridal Elegance. I was able to try on as many dresses as I wanted and my maid of honor was able to help me in and out of each dress. They were very helpful while i was narrowing down my choices to find my dress!! There were some communication errors as my day got closer; but they worked to correct all of the problems and everyone in my wedding had the correct clothes in the correct colors for the day of the wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Andrea · Married on 10/01/2016

4.2
      2.5

Overall, I had a great experience getting my dress from Bridal Elegance. The salesperson was great about helping us find a variety of options and making suggestions. I lucked out and found a perfect dress that fit me right off the rack, so they gave me a nice discount for buying the stock gown. I used one of their in-house seamstresses, Esther, to have my dress altered. The experience started out somewhat negative (the bodice needed to be let out and she was clearly nervous she wouldn't be able to do it, and I overheard some unpleasant comments about plus size brides ordering dresses too small), but after my first encounter she was SO great. I wanted some intensive and unique changes to the train, and Esther was patient and took the time to make sure it turned out just how I wanted it. When it came to the big day, I looked and felt amazing, and couldn't have been happier with my dress!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

4.2

I had a good experience while shopping for my wedding dress. The ladies that I worked with were helpful and kind. Karen who works in the tuxedos part of the store is amazing!

Sent on 05/05/2014

3.8
      3.0

Bridal Elegance is an old building and does not have the atmosphere of where I expected to pick out the dress for the biggest day of my life. They also don't work on commission so even though you don't get a high pressure sales technique.... It was near impossible the first few times we walked in there to get any help! (Especially because they don't take appointments). I purchased from this store because ultimately they had the dress I wanted and I couldn't find it anywhere else in the area. After the purchase however their staff was great and the owner worked with me when I special ordered a veil that I ultimately decided I wanted to change.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Bridal Elegance and Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your comments as the only way we can improve is hearing from our customers. I am sorry to hear that you were not helped as much as you could have the first time coming to our venue. We don't take appointments because we have had suggestions that people have gone elsewhere and even though they had an appointment they still were waiting too long to be helped. At Bridal Elegance I do try and staff for the unexpected crowds but it is a difficult task when trying to control how many people are coming with each bride. We strive for the best Customer Service and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I may change my policy in the future and take appointments but as it stands today we do not require them.
    Lu Ann Vander Zanden - Owner of Bridal Elegance

Tiffany · Married on 07/31/2010

3.6
      3.0

I would not recommend Bridal Elegance. Their pricing was good, but the service was not. Everytime I needed something I got the run around and would have to eventually ask for Luann the owner to get results. There was one saleswoman in particular, Tracy, who was rude on many different occassions. Georgine, the seamstress, did an amazing job. I live in Milwaukee, but they told me I could only have my fittings during the week when she was in, but after talking to Georgine, she suggested we meet on a Saturday because she had two other brides that day. I'm not sure why I wasnt' told that to begin with? She did an amazing job on both my dress and my mom's dress. Jan also did a great job on one of my bridesmaid's dresses. My bridesmaid ended up being pregnant for the wedding, so they had to make a whole new skirt for the dress and it was great! They were really flexible with her coming from Milwaukee and on the day of-you could not even tell the difference! The ladies in the tux shop are very nice as well! Just stay away from Tracy and you should have a good experience!

Sent on 09/08/2010

Ann Marie Lahti · Married on 06/29/2019

3.4
      3.0

Friendly staff, but limited availability to assist me with dressing

I went with my mother, future mother-in-law and 2 bridesmaids on a Saturday. I had made an appointment. I was glad my bridesmaids were with me, as there was no one available to help me with the dresses. We picked some out and my bridesmaids helped me dress. Various employees stopped in occasionally to see how we were doing, and when I picked out my dress, they were very attentive, though most of the other brides had left. I found it rather pricey, but did end up buying my dress there.

Sent on 01/28/2019

3.2
      3.5

All of the bridal gowns that I tried on, I had to put on myself which was quite a challenge. The do though have a large array of bridal party dresses.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Steffany · Married on 06/25/2011

2.5

The dress was beautiful, the seamstress was great but when you walk in they aren't very friendly. Also, my shoes didn't come in for 4 months!

Sent on 06/30/2011

2.4
      1.5
      0.0

The salesperson I dealt with was rude I was lied to about how my dress could have been ordered and for of payment kept changing I was told I could pay for alterations with a credit card but not debit card and when I went to pick it up I was told nope. Ash or check only

Sent on 09/13/2012

Bridal Elegance and Formalwear's reply:

Sorry you think you were mislead but the alterations are contracted out and we have nothing to do with their payments. They post signs in all the fitting rooms that the payments are cash or check only. They also discuss this with you when making your second appointment.

Linda · Married on 08/05/2017

1.6
      1.0

Ordered a dress 3-4 months ago for my daughter's wedding - finally came in after many calls from me to them - no follow-up from them. Felt if I didn't contact them they would not have contacted me. Need improvement on customer service. On the bright side - love the dress and the seamstress was outstanding.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Bridal Elegance and Formalwear's reply:

We're sorry you felt you should give us such a low rating on something we have no control over. Shipping by the manufacturer is normally determined by the availability of the gown maker. 3-6 months is by far the average for shipping and it's only sometimes faster if the consumer pays for a rush ship. Usually we do not contact the customer on shipping because we have no control to speed it up and it is beyond our control. Your dress still arrived in three months and plenty of time before the wedding so this just saddens me to think you could rate us this poorly.