Charlotte's Bridal and Formal Wear

La Crosse, WI View map

Charlotte Bushman was a pioneer among women entrepreneurs, and today Charlotte’s Bridal continues her trendsetting tradition. It was 1948 when she began Charlotte’s Hat Shoppe in her home after investing $500 into a supply of Easter hats, just in time for the holiday. Her home business grew to be Charlotte’s Bridal Shoppe in 1953 with a modest selection of six bridesmaids dresses and five wedding gowns. It may not have seemed like much, but it made history. Hers was the first bridal salon ever opened in a woman’s own home, a story told across the country in Women’s Wear Daily.

In 2004 Charlotte’s was sold to Walker’s Formal Wear. At that time revamping took place. New lines were brought into the store and the inventory updated. Charlotte’s relocated to the Copeland Avenue location in July 2007 after spending more than 50 years in the Rose Street location. A bowling alley was in the Copeland Avenue location before Charlotte’s.

In April 2009, a fire broke out. Gail force winds ripped roofing that tangled in a power line and then caught fire. It took firefighters five hours to put out the flames. All of the sold dresses in the back storage area were safe and remained untouched from smoke and fire. More renovations took place at this time to make Charlotte’s what it is today.

For over 70 years Charlotte’s Bridal has offered a wedding gown shopping experience like no other. Intimate, individualized attention from our stylists paired with our extensive collection of unique gowns ensures your perfect “I Said Yes!” moment in a relaxed and fun environment—We want you and your guests to feel special, pampered, and part of our family! Charlotte’s customer base comes from the entire Wisconsin area along with surrounding states! Come to Charlotte’s to see why our store is becoming the fastest growing bridal and formal wear store in the Midwest.

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$500 - $999
$1,000 - $2,499
$2,500 - $3,999

What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?

Under $200
$200 - $499

What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?

$100 - $199
$200 - $299

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Full Customization
Preservation
Rentals
Sample Sales
Trunk Shows

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Tuxedo Rentals
Tuxedos
Undergarments
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

6-8 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Weekly

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

4.7
  • Carissa
    Carissa G. Getting married on 11/10/2022

Charlotte's Bridal is the BEST!

Molly was AMAZING! She was so fun and upbeat about everything and very welcoming when we got there. She made me feel important. She listened to all of my wants for a dress and did a great job figuring out what I wanted from each dress I tried on and found the perfect dress that had all the little things I like in the other dresses that I tried on. She was able to find me the perfect gown and made sure she stayed in my budget. I would highly recommend her and Charlottes Bridal if you want to have the best experience while wedding dress shopping
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa L. Getting married on 08/08/2022

great experience!

My experience was amazing! I was able to find my absolute dream dress with the help of Molly and Charlotte's Bridal! Molly made me feel so comfortable and beautiful! I have previously been very indecisive about picking THE dress - but Molly really understood my vision and really listened to my opinions, which made it so easy to say YES!

Charlotte's Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

We are delighted to learn that you had the best experience at Charlotte's! We strive to deliver an unmatched wedding dress shopping experience and are so happy that Molly guided you to your YES! moment! Thank you for taking a minute to review our services and for recommending us!
  • Danielle
    Danielle S. Married on 10/16/2021

Awesome staff

The staff was so helpful when picking out my gown. And helpful with the cleaning and preservation of my dress!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Real Weddings

• Kiersten & Kevin
    63 photos · 09/07/2019

208 Copeland Ave. La Crosse, 54603
Location of (Charlotte's Bridal and Formal Wear)

Other vendors in Green Bay for your wedding