Bollywood DJs Reviews

49 | Plainview, NY

49 Reviews for Bollywood DJs

Kj Singh · Married on 01/02/2020

They were amazing! They hd the crowd jumping for more!

BWD Entertainment was very professional and punctual. Everything at my brother's wedding festivities went just the way we expected. I definitely, would recommend BWD to my family and friends. Keep Rocking!

Sent on 03/31/2021
  • Christina

Christina M. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best DJ, packed dance floor all night

We hired Bollywood DJ for our two day multicultural (Indian and Christian) wedding and were blown away by how great they were! Our first day started with an Indian Baraat where we had a Dhol player along with the party van. Amrit did a great job getting the whole crowd pumped up. We had a mix of Indian and American guests and he had everyone dancing and joining in. He helped us pick out songs for the Indian ceremony and they were all great. All of our aunts and uncles were very pleased with our song choices. The second day, we had a Christian ceremony and reception and had Amrit as the DJ and Jamie as the MC. Those two really know how to get a crowd going. Amrit was able to mix in a combination of Bollywood songs and American songs that kept the dance floor packed all night. I don’t think I’ve ever seen my dad dance that much or have that much fun at a wedding. Jamie did a great job keeping the crowd involved and even had my grandma out on the dance floor by the end of the night. I was a bit hesitant in the beginning when talking to Amrit because he was promising a lot but they exceeded all expectations that I had (despite me having very high expectations). From my first conversation, I could tell he just got our vision for what we wanted the night to look like. He also helped us work on our timeline to move things around to make the night flow better. I can’t recommend BWD enough as they really do a great job at making sure your wedding is the best day of your life.

Sent on 12/20/2019

Richa · Married on 06/01/2019

Great Sangeet Night

Good communication, well organized, on time, advised on performane timelines and very professional. Dj Amrit was great to work with; highly recommend!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Geetika · Married on 05/11/2019

Best of the Best!!

BWD has been my go to DJ’s since the first party that we ever hosted. From my sweet sixteen back in 2007 to my wedding in 2019, BWD has been nothing but amazing for all of our events. They always follow our preference of music and our guests are never disappointed and the dance floor is never empty. They are as good as it gets!!

Sent on 04/04/2021

Ryan · Married on 06/23/2018

Amazing experience. Amrit met all our needs. You need this DJ if you live in the tri-state area.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Sonali · Married on 06/24/2017

I used Bollywood DJs (DJ Amrit specifically) for both my Sweet 16 eleven years ago and last month for my wedding and sangeet. I cannot say enough good things about Amrit and his team. Not only was he super responsive in all my questions and planning leading up to the wedding, but during the ceremonies the music selection and mix was perfect and he kept the crowd entertained and involved. I've used Bollywood DJs for the two big events in my life and I would definitely recommend them 100% to anyone looking for a DJ for their event!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Sundeep · Married on 10/15/2016

We used Bollywood DJs for our wedding ceremony and reception. Now let me preface this by saying, we had an Indian/American, fusion wedding, so it was really important to us to have a DJ that would be able to entertain the crowd with American and Indian music. DJ Amrit was our DJ, and HE WAS AMAZING. Throughout our entire planning process, Amrit worked with us to create the perfect entrance and playlist. We had a HUGE wedding party (8 groomsmen and 16 bridesmaids), and Amrit helped us plan an epic entrance. He also provided the photo booth and acted as MC. Amrit acted without much direction, which was great for us because we had so many other things to plan. He was able to get the crowd dancing non-stop. We were told by numerous people our wedding was one of the best, and EVERYONE raved about the DJ. We will definitely be recommending Bollywood DJs in the future.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Puja · Married on 07/02/2016

They are the best guys for lighting, decor and music. Amar is the absolute best to work with!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Aditi · Married on 04/30/2016

Awesome group. Amar Sethi of Bollywood DJs set up our entire day. He was so knowledgeable and really honest and gave us great advice. Our DJ was DJ Amrit who was amazing!The music was varied, up beat and energetic. And our MC-Jamie really kept our party going. Jamie was really interactive and funny! We loved him! Highly recommend the group

Sent on 05/11/2016

Gauri · Married on 09/12/2015

Bollywood DJs was the perfect choice for our wedding events. We were so pleased with their work during every part of the wedding. From the start, Amrit was very professional, efficient and top of his game. The DJ van during the baaraat and the dholi had everyone dancing and enjoying themselves. The music selection for the entire wedding was amazing and the guests praised every second of it. Amrit personally came out and was the DJ at our reception, and no one left the dance floor for a second. Jamie was our MC and we loved how he came to introduce himself to us in our Bridal suite and got everyone in our bridal party pumped up. He was a great sport when he agreed to whip and nae-nae with us and got the all the guests on the floor for it. I cannot wait to see the videos. Thank you Amrit and Jamie for so amazing and for making our reception such a fun event, that people are still talking about.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Gauri, thank you so much for your kind words. We truly did have an amazing time at your wedding as well. I will relay the message to Jaime.

Mehak · Married on 08/15/2015

Our experience with Amrit and his team was amazing, Bollywood DJs was one of the first vendors we booked and Amrit made the whole process so easy to manage, he was always easily accessible and willing to answer all our questions. The week of the wedding Amrit was there to answer all our last minute questions and adjust all our music. Throughout all our events the music and lighting was amazing and we had numerous guests repeatedly ask who our DJ was because they did an amazing job, kept the party going and everyone entertained. I would STRONGLY recommend Bollywood DJs to anyone and look forward to working with them in the future.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thanks Mehak, we strive for excellence! I am glad we made your life easier.

Mireille · Married on 07/11/2015

Bollywood djs were amazing. Everyone loved the music people were on the dance floor the entire night. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Highly professional and pleasure to deal with !

Sent on 12/14/2015

Search no more, Bollywood DJs should be your pick for a wedding DJ. Specifically, Amar and DJ Deep are excellent and in my opinion, the best in the market! (I'm sure the rest of their staff is amazing also.) These guys were Incredibly professional, talented, and so helpful throughout the entire process. They helped out in ways that really made the entire wedding come together and were a complete pleasure to work with. They're able to deliver a classy yet fun event with all the right touches. Go with this DJ, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thanks Sonya! The ceremony on the beach was amazing. I hope to see you and the whole family soon.

Mandeep · Married on 06/27/2015

Initially, I was working with another company, but when they refused to respond in a timely manner, I was told to go speak with Amrit. That was the best decision I could have ever made!! Amrit made me feel comfortable right from the beginning and I knew I was in great hands. When I was unsure of what lighting colors to have, I was told don't worry, and was given recommendations. When I was late in handing in my itinerary, I was told don't worry, it would get done. The night of my mehndi, we ran over the allotted time, and unlike other DJ's that I have seen at other functions, they didn't start packing up or call "last song". They told me not to worry and to enjoy myself, and stayed until the party was over. For my reception, Amrit made sure to talk to my husband and I prior to starting the party, and made us feel comfortable. The dance floor was full the entire night, and he played to a diverse crowd - everything from doing the Horah to the Soul Train line.

I would highly recommend Bollywood Dj's for not only their musical abilities, but also for their sense of professionalism!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thanks Mandeep. I am glad we were able to bring your tensions back to baseline. Also, thank you for referring us to your friend for his wedding in July.

Juhi · Married on 05/16/2015

I am so sorry for taking so long in writing this review!!! Overall, there were a few hiccups during my wedding but it had NOTHING to do with Bollywood DJs. Their creative minds helped alleviate all the hiccups and none of the guests had a single clue. I am very particular on lighting and these guys were on point!

We had a mixed wedding so music was a very big concern of mine and previous cross cultural weddings that I have attended, the music flow was sub par. I have been to wedding where I have seen this company performing and I knew that they did the best job when it came to flow. We had DJ Kumar and MC Jamie at our reception and they did an impeccable job. Thanks again guys!

- Juhi

Sent on 12/10/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

No problem, Juhi. Thank you for trusting us for your special day.

Priyanka · Married on 04/18/2015

Sorry for taking so long to write this!! I must say, I was one of those brides that sent inquiry after inquiry and didn't respond to many of the vendors after they would respond back. I made a mistake of leaving my phone number and using my personal email address. I honestly would get 10 calls a day and numerous emails from all sorts of people. With that being said, Bollywood DJs was a little more subtle. They followed up a few times but not in an aggressive manner. I finally decided to narrow down my vendor list per category and started meeting with vendors. One thing about Amar was that he was very down to earth and got what we were looking for. Everyone else in the industry did the typical desi "yeah yeah, no problem. We can do that." How are you even supposed to believe that?

The reason I knew that Amar understood me was that when I explained a certain vision, he would give me a visual component to that vision. He seemed quite savvy and I really felt comfortable with his company. With that being said, MC Mario and DJ Kumar absolutely rocked it!! They were great to deal with and put a smile on everyone else's face. Not one time through out the whole night did I hear the MC say "put your hands up in the air." Which is a HUGEEE pet peeve of mine. Everyone claims they are "elegant and eloquent" but these guys from Bollywood DJs are the real deal. Thanks again for all of your help!!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thanks Priyanka. It means a lot to us that you took the time out to write such a wonderful review. You were a pleasure to work with and appreciate your business!

Monica · Married on 04/11/2015

Krish and I had a very difficult time with some of the vendors in our whole planning process. Bollywood DJs Entertainment was actually the second Entertainment company we hired subsequent to a horrific experience with the initial company we hired. They really opened up our eyes and showed us how the planning process can be fun as opposed to being extremely stressful. DJ Deep and Jamie did an excellent job the day of. Thank you again Amar and Samia for being so wonderful and understanding.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Monica, I am glad that we were able to change your mindset with "Indian DJs." It really shouldn't be a difficult process. Please do keep us mind in the future. I hope post marital bliss is treating you and Krish well.

Navjot · Married on 01/10/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Bollywood DJs. Amrit is very organized and professional in the way he works. Amrit puts personally touches to every party he does and he helped my brother organize an amazing surprise for my wedding reception. Best of all, Amrit and his group understand music quite well and know how to rock a party. The group can play any type of music and entertain any type of crowd. I am quite confident on this as the crew has made us dance for 4 functions in the last 10 years :D

Sent on 01/14/2015

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thank for the kind words!

Jasmine · Married on 09/27/2014

Definitely book with Bollywood DJs! One of the best decisions we made regarding vendors for our wedding! I have seen and heard their work at other weddings and contacted them. I am the ultimate worrier and can stress (and did stress) about every aspect of the wedding, but what I really wanted was for my DJ to understand the type of feel I wanted for my reception. As soon as I met with Amrit, I knew everything was going to go great and I knew I could let go and trust Bollywood DJs. I made "play" and "do not play" lists for both my sangeet and reception and Amrit followed through. My one request was for a non-stop dance party for the reception and thats exactly what I got! We had a mixed wedding (italian/punjabi) and CoCo and DJ Amrit had EVERYONE up and dancing the night away!! No wrong song choices or empty dance floor moments!!! The lighting, music, introductions and overall experience was on point! These guys know how to throw a memorable event and are super professional. Amar, Amrit, Coco and crew were absolutely wonderful and we are still hearing from our guests regarding how much fun they had! A big thanks guys!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Jasmine, it was truly a pleasure getting the opportunity to make your Reception unique. I am sure that all the Italian guests were surprised when MC Koko whipped out his fluent Italian on the mic. Thanks again for having us and hopefully we see you guys soon!

Deep · Married on 03/08/2014

Amar and Samia, thank you SO much for making our wedding spectacular. I have been to many weddings and met with four different vendors who were all considered "the best" Indian DJ. I was very pleased to see that Amar did not have the personality of your typical Indian DJ. My husband and I knew that they were the company to go to. One thing that is amazing about them is their creativity. Every company tried to sell the same services but the way Bollywood DJs puts it all together, it truly is one of a kind. Samia was great with all the communication up to our wedding. Any question that I had, she did a great job responding right away. I wish you guys all the best!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Thank you!

Akanksha · Married on 11/30/2013

Amrit and Amar were both amazing to work with! Amrit - you were a great DJ and made our sangeet, wedding and reception a huge success! All our guests really responded to you guys and we had the best time dancing the night away at the reception. Thank you so much for everything! Love, Akanksha and Neil.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thanks Akansha, it was our pleasure. Tell your mom that I still owe her chaat from Mithaas!.

Palomi · Married on 11/23/2013

DJ Deep and MC Ali were AMAZING! I can not rave enough about how many compliments we have gotten saying how amazing the music was at our wedding. I was stressing out quite a bit the month before the wedding because I was running behind on some of the "homework" that needed to be done. I personally worked with Amar through out process and worked with him regarding all the details. He made that process very easy and honestly brought me at ease as well. I have been to so many weddings where the lighting made the hall look like a circus but Amar assured me that the themes would remain consistent to the overall decor. I highly recommend this company especially if they can deal with a bridezilla like me!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Palomi, thanks for the kind words. We've never seen the Sheraton look so good before. Great job with the decor choices.

Our wedding took place in Central NJ. Our venue recommended them so we decided to meet them. We had a difficult time finding the right fit. We had a inter racial wedding and their staff knew how to keep everyone going. Thank you Amrit and Jamie, keep up the phenomenal work!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thanks! Will relay the message to Jamie.

Anshu · Married on 09/01/2013

Bollywood DJ's were just the right fit for for us. From our first meeting with Amar, we felt so comfortable in his down to Earth attitude that put us at ease. We hardly had to worry about anything through out the planning process as the team is very professional and clearly experienced in managing large weddings. During our wedding day, Amar and team brought so much energy from the Baraat, through the ceremony and a crowd engaging reception that left our guests partying the night away! We have had numerous guests ask us who we used for our DJ and we are glad to recommend Amar and his team! Thanks guys!!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Thanks man. I will never forget the Hershey Characters coming on the dance floor for the introductions. What a great weekend at the Hershey Lodge.

Mahua · Married on 08/17/2013

I really don't know how to put my emotions into words. We just got our wedding video back and I feel terrible that I have not left any feedback yet. First off, Amar was SUCH A PLEASURE to work with. I can not tell you enough how good he was in deciphering our personality and recommending the perfect vibe for my whole wedding process. We had a LONG four days of events and differentiating each day was a difficult task. I was shocked after our initial four hour meeting (sorry we took so long Amar!) to see how much these guys really have to offer. Their vocalists were absolutely amazing. We did a whole Bollywood Themed mehndi which we had a full band set up. I have seen other singers that family friends have recommended but we were in awe after seeing the talent that Amar showed us. Gunjan and Bikram were the male/female singing combination and I can not express how beautiful their voices really are. The Garba was a little more subtle and traditional. I personally do not know specific Garba tracks but my dad is a huge critic and he gave them a thumbs up. My dad said the DJ played all the right songs/beats at the right time. Now for the wedding day, my fiancé decided to go with a live brass band for the Bharat. I remember seeing them during our initial video with Amar in his office but when I saw the video just now, I got pretty jealous that I did not get to enjoy them! The ceremony went pretty smooth and again my dad said they played all the right songs for a traditional guju ceremony. Our team for the reception was DJ Kumar and MC Koko, now these guys really know how to get 700 guests going. I really loved how Koko was aggressive on the mic when it needed to be done. It was very loud before our speeches began and he got all of our 700 guests to actually pay attention! All of the festivities went very smooth and honestly could not have been possible with our Bollywood DJs.

Sent on 12/19/2013

Bollywood DJs's reply:

Mahua, I hope the last sentence of your review you meant to say "with out" as opposed to "with our" haha. Thanks so much for the amazing review. The planning on your family's end was flawless.