Blushair Reviews

46 | Mount Pleasant, SC

46 Reviews for Blushair

Jillian · Married on 07/27/2019

Jamie and her group is amazing!

From the start Jamie was great to communicate with. From my wedding day Jamie and the girls she brought with made sure that each bridesmaid, mother of the bride, and bride were beyond happy with their hair and makeup. They spent a lot of time with each girl, and did a tremendous job! A lot of the bridesmaids said this is the best they have ever had. They also travel to onsite location, which is amazing! I highly recommend Jamie and her group.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Sara · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing hair and makeup

Blushair did an incredible job getting me and my ladies ready for my wedding. I did a trial a couple months beforehand and loveeddd the look. The day of my wedding I had my same trial people and some other team members at my home to take care of me and six other women. My hair and makeup turned out as good, if not better than my trial. They were so kind and I got tons of compliments on my look at the wedding. I felt more beautiful than I ever have.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Julia

Julia P. · Married on 02/16/2019

Jamie is so talented!

I had the most amazing experience having the Blushair team come to my venue to do hair and makeup for my wedding party. Even when I decided last minute to add extensions to my hairstyle, Jamie was so understanding and had no problem creating the look I was hoping for.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Katherine · Married on 08/18/2018

Would highly recommend Blushair. Jamie and fellow stylists/make up artist were wonderful! Easy to work with from the time I booked. Hair trial went great and she was able to re-create the perfect look on my wedding day. The ladies were very professional, efficient and made the getting ready process fun and relaxing! They styled 5 bridesmaids, flower girl and me. They were finished in record timing, leaving my bridesmaids and I time to relax and enjoy the special day! We all received so many compliments on how beautiful our hair and makeup was all evening long! Could not have been happier!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Katie · Married on 06/09/2018

Jamie and Dana make an amazing team! From the beginning, they were easy and great to work with. One of the biggest reasons I decided to book them for my and my bridesmaid's hair and makeup is that they can travel onsite to where you're getting ready and their prices are very reasonable for the Charleston area. That was a non-negotiable for me! The day is already stressful enough, I knew I wouldn't want to be traveling to a salon. We got to relax in our room with mimosas and snacks while they made us look beautiful! I would highly recommend booking a trial run with them for your bridal hair and makeup, because I'm so glad I did. It took a lot of stress off of me and was one less decision I had to make the day of. I gave them some direction and left a lot of room for their creativity. They did a really great job at replicating exactly what they did during the trial and I was beyond happy with it! We've gotten some wedding photos back from our photographer and my hair and makeup look stunning!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Carolyn · Married on 05/12/2018

I was so incredibly impressed with Jamie and her team! I have never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day, and that is in no small part due to the stunning hair and makeup services that they provided! In addition to myself, my mother, mother-in-law, four bridesmaids, and "flower girl" also had their hair and makeup done. They each looked fabulous and were all exceptionally happy with how they looked. Due to the fact that we planned our Folly Beach/Charleston wedding from Kansas City, I was unable to have a consultation/trial run before the big day. From just a couple of pictures, Jamie and her team were able to not only bring my vision to life, but make me look even better than I had imagined! If you are looking for hair and makeup services for your big day, stop looking and contact Blushair right now!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Kelsey · Married on 11/05/2017

These ladies did a truly incredible job for my wedding. They did my hair and makeup along with two mothers and 5 bridesmaids. Everyone looked incredible and I got so many compliments! They listen to exactly what you want! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/08/2017
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 11/05/2016

Jamie is the best hair stylist I have ever had. She asks all the right questions when it comes to style preferences and choices as she goes. She spends time prepping your hair to give it volume and set up the hairstyle so it lays right. She is extremely personable and gives a calming presence. Her team for make up and bridesmaids showed the same professionalism and taste as Jamie. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Alexa · Married on 10/23/2016

The first thing that drew me to Blushair was the fact that they offer to bring their services to you, which was a huge help getting ready for my 10am wedding. Their prices are just a bit under the other "on site" beauty professionals I found, which was a nice plus.

Jamie and Dana are great at what they do, and were very easy to communicate with. They were able to whip out 4 gorgeous and unique hairstyles and beautiful makeup for 3 on a hectic morning without making us feel rushed or stressed. When I changed my mind about my hair after my trial, Jamie was able to switch my hairstyle the day of and it ended up being exactly what I always imagined.

This was also my first time trying airbrush makeup and Dana was fantastic, even with terrible lighting in my hotel room. My skin looked flawless! Dana also recommended a great local salon to get eyelash extensions, which was very helpful since I'm from out of town. I would highly recommend these ladies to anyone getting married in Charleston and the surrounding areas.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

Jamie, Dana, and their hair and make-up team are AMAZING!! I am so thankful I was able to book them for my wedding day. At my trial, both Jamie and Dana asked lots of questions and made sure my up-do and makeup were exactly what I wanted. On my wedding day, Dana remembered the natural tones and specific look I was going for and I don't think I've ever loved my make-up more! Jamie did my hair last and made me feel so comfortable. She chatted with me and kept me calm the last few minutes before we left for pictures. My up-do looked beautiful and stayed in place all night, even after lots of dancing! Not only did my hair and make-up surpass my expectations, but their team took care of my large bridal party, mom, mother and sister-in-law, and flower girls. They made it look easy taking care of such a large group and everyone was so pleased with their hairstyles and make-up! I would recommend Blushair over and over again!

Sent on 01/04/2017
  • Scarlett10is

Zabrina · Married on 06/25/2016

There are a ton of wedding makeup vendors in Charleston, and I was so happy I chose Blush Air! In their pictures, the women looked natural and not like plastic, which was really important to me. They know how to airbrush correctly, and seem to really enjoy what they are doing. Their prices are just a shade under what others are charging, and they did a wonderful job with the hair and makeup for the 6 of us. My mom, 3 sisters, and best friend all have different styles and makeup habits, and to a person everyone was thrilled with their hair and makeup looks! And the pictures look amazing! It wasn't like they tried to push an idea on people of what they SHOULD look like; Jamie, Dana, and Alicia were great at listening to what each person wanted and making them look beautiful. I also did a hair and makeup trial, and it was a worthwhile investment to take the time to make sure Jamie knew what I was looking for and we could make notes. Incredibly happy with their professionalism, customer service, and final product. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Lindsey · Married on 04/23/2016

The women at Blushair are AMAZING! I could not have been happier with how my hair and makeup turned out as well as my entire bridal party's hair and makeup. This sister team is so creative and are true artists. They were able to bring a vision to life that I could not even express in words myself. You will not regret hiring these professionals! Worth every penny and more!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Erica · Married on 09/11/2015

This sister team is the best in the biz! Jamie and Dana handled both my wedding as well as my sister's wedding (we got married two months apart), and the results were stellar. They both are so easy to work with, are so accommodating, and meticulously detailed and patient to ensure that you get the exact hair and makeup you envisioned for your wedding. I am a total makeup freak and extremely particular about how I apply it (my mother was a makeup artist), but Dana was so easy going, checked in on me as she worked to make sure that I liked what she had done, made any and all adjustments as I wished, and the results were PERFECT! Jamie handles hair the same way, and they don't stop working until you leave completely satisfied. Not only was my hair and makeup perfect when I left the salon, everything stayed perfectly in place all night! Not a strand of hair out of place or smudging of makeup in the Charleston summer heat. All of my bridesmaids used Jamie for their hair with one bridesmaid also having her makeup done by Dana, and they ALL loved it! I cannot rave about these girls enough, they are the best!!!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Jamie, Dana, and their two other stylists did such a good job on hair and make-up for me and my bridesmaids! They are so easy to get along with and really listened to what I wanted. I did a trial in advance where they took their time and worked with me to get the look I wanted which was a first for me since I've had hair and make-up done for events in the past and hated it. I truly felt really beautiful on my wedding day and the airbrush make-up and my hair didn't move all night, even though my whole wedding and reception was outside at the end of May in Charleston! They traveled on site for a totally reasonable fee (it was in Hollywood, so a bit of a drive for them) and did hair and make-up for most of my bridesmaids and my mom who all looked phenomenal. We even had an issue with having tables and chairs delivered crazy late (it was essentially an empty building we were using to get ready) and they were able to improvise and make it work with what was already there (which wasn't much!). I would happily use Blushair all over again!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Gretchen · Married on 05/08/2015

Jamie and Dana were AMAZING!!

Jamie handled all the communication and was prompt and professional at all times. On my wedding day, we decided to switch up the style we originally used for my trial, and Jamie was calm under that last minute pressure. My hair came out stunningly and I am so glad she was willing to get creative on the spot.

Her sister Dana is a talented make-up artist. Everyone commented on the eye shadow color mix she created and applied to make my eyes really pop. More importantly, she was able to recreate the beauty from my trial for my actual wedding day and I couldn't have been happier.

I would hire them for any special event. They are super sweet and open to suggestions/ideas to make you feel beautiful!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/02/2015

These ladies did an amazing job! Jamie did my hair, and it was stunning- exactly what I envisioned! Dana did my makeup, and I felt flawless! Very responsive, talented, and patient! Nothing, but 5 stars for Blushair. They were PERFECTION!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Holly · Married on 04/26/2015

Jamie and Dana are not only amazing at what they do, they also are extremely personable and professional. I absolutely loved my wedding hair and makeup, and felt like they both really listened to what I was looking for, and expertly incorporated into the final look. I would highly recommend BlushAir to anyone.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Brittany · Married on 04/25/2015

I found Blushair online, as I was a destination bride and was planning a wedding from several hours away. Blushair had wonderful reviews and beautiful photographs from previous brides, so I decided to book Blushair for my wedding day. I first met Jamie and Dana during the trial run for my bridal portraits. They were flexible, professional, and personable. They definitely made me feel at ease, and I was happy I had chosen them for my wedding day. On the day of my wedding, the Blushair team made all of my girls (including me) feel so beautiful! Thank you, Jamie, Dana, and the rest of the Blushair girls! I could never thank you enough!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Liz · Married on 09/28/2014

Jamie and Dana are soooo awesome and talented. My hair and makeup looked PERFECT and just as I asked for. I was able to do a trial in which Jamie LISTENED and did EXACTLY what I envisioned and asked for...she was also able to recreate it perfectly on the wedding day. Dana and her airbrush makeup came out perfectly as well...she also listened and adjusted my makeup to be exactly in what I wanted. They are both super easy to work with and I am just so happy that my pictures turned out perfectly...I love the way they made my look come out just the way I wanted it.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Katie · Married on 07/24/2014

Jamie and her sister Dana were so much fun to work with. I traveled from California to get married in a private beach home on the Isle of Palms. All of my planning took place via email. Jamie was responsive, easy to work with, flexible and so very kind. I had a few plans change last minute- location of my up-do, added my grandmother to the list of hair do's, and my mom wanted Dana to do her makeup after she saw mine. Jamie and Dana were happy to accommodate. I did communicate with a different stylist prior to booking Blushair. The other gal wasn't as responsive to my emails and was close to double in price. I would certainly recommend Blushair!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Katie · Married on 07/03/2014

Jamie and Blushair was the first company I contacted for a makeup trial and that's who I went with. My trial went so well, not only did my make up look great but Dana made me feel like at any time we could switch things up and that even if I had a huge blemish on my face or sunglass tan lines she would make me look beautiful. Their prices are amazing too. They are so fair and make the bride on a budget feel like she can splurge a little!
    The day of the wedding Dana and Jamie both came to my beach house where my girls got ready and they did everyone make up and just hung out with us, I loved it. It felt like family friends were helping us get ready. I was the least stressed bride that day because they did all the thinking/applying/and critiquing to make sure i looked perfect. It was the most beautiful I had ever felt and my husband agreed! My husband even said before he noticed my dress he noticed how perfect my face looked and Dana highlighted all his favorite features and still kept me looking like ME! I highly recommend these ladies.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Liz · Married on 06/07/2014

I found this studio through theknot.com and was recommended to use Kayleigh Dentici and she was just amazing. She did my hair and airbrushed make up for my wedding as well as the hair for my 3 bridesmaids. She traveled to the rental home we were staying at and the travel fee was very reasonable! She was easy to work with and so nice! We're all from the North, and Kayleigh's sweet southern charm had us all relaxed. She was great at taking direction from all the girls and their different crazy requests, and was able to execute everything perfectly. I thought all the pricing was very fair, plus she did an excellent job! If she is available for your special day, book her! Oh, and she was able to put up with my 4 brothers, 2 brothers-in-law and my dad, so that was awesome, hah!

Sent on 06/10/2014
  • User4194736 · 2+ years ago

The girls at Blushair were just wonderful!! We had a number of moms and girls receiving makeup and updos which took quite a few hours - and the Blushair team was cheerful, happy, and upbeat the whole time! They were not only a pleasure to be around, but they did a fantastic job! The bridal party, moms, and myself received so many compliments on our hair and makeup. And it lasted for hours and through lots of dancing! I 110% recommend Blushair for your wedding day hair and makeup - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/23/2014

I didn't have a traditional wedding, my wedding was around 1 in the afternoon. Jamie was SO helpful, she came to the hotel we were at at 7:30 am! She was able to do my two bridesmaids, my mom and my hair and lashes in 3 hours and everyones hair looked amazing. She is the best and I would and will continue to recommend her to everyone. Look no further!!!!!! I sent her plenty of pictures of sample hair styles and she pulled mine together and I couldn't ask for more. One last plus- she's SO easy to get ahold of, very responsive and so kind! Thank you, Jamie!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 04/13/2014

I worked with Jamie and Dana, who were absolutely wonderful! They were even able to fit me in for a last minute test the day before the wedding which was so helpful! They did hair and make-up for me, my mother, mother-in-law and two of my bridesmaids. We were all so happy with the results. I would recommend them for any bride and bridal party, they were so wonderful to work with :)

Sent on 04/30/2014