Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

59 Reviews for Blue Note Bakery

Pastries (1)
Gluten Free (1)
58 Blue Note Bakery Reviews

4.7

We LOVED our cakes! They were absolutely gorgeous and yummy. Worth every penny spent!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

They made our cake for our wedding and it was delicious! All of our guests came up to us and told us it was the best cake they've ever had!! I highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A wonderful place to go for your wedding or any special occasion!!!! The owner, Angie, was awesome and she was great to work with. The best part was the tasting. There are so many awesome combinations and choices and everything is super fresh. Our guests loved the cake and Angie is really awesome and creative. You can check out all the great work she does by going to her website. Excellent choice for a wedding cake indeed!!! Suzy and Dimitrius Pulido

Profile Picture susan, 5/28/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

I am not a huge cake fan, so we decided to only do a groom's cake. My husband is known for wearing "that J Crew Gingham shirt" all the time, so we wanted the groom's cake to be that. We read online reviews and my sister had used Blue Note, so we knew they were capable of creating something fabulous from only a picture. We were not able to have a casting because we no longer live in Austin, so went with the flavor they recommended and only sent them a picture from a website. The end result was FABULOUS! We received so many compliments and were so happy with the way the cake looked.

The only reason I gave them 4 stars is because they were so difficult to communicate with. I would have to follow up to every email I sent, wait multiple days/weeks for a reply, and get asked questions I had already answered multiple times. If I didn't want to do such a complicated cake, I would have gone with a different bakery, but so glad I didn't. I was so happy with the end result of the cake, I almost forgot how hard the process was.

Profile Picture Holly, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Cakes, Groom's Cake

We loved working with this talented, creative team on our wedding cake! I wasn't even sure I wanted to do a cake, but my fiance insisted and set us up for a tasting with Angie and her team. We took our parents along for the tasting, and everyone had a great time sampling all the different flavor combinations. The cakes/fillings/frostings were all amazing and did taste like they were made from scratch. SO GOOD.

We chose a simple design for our main cake--a three-tier tres leches cake with Swiss meringue frosting and succulents made out of sugar paste. For the "groom's cake" they did a chocolate cake with her amazing honey rum fondant (which actually tastes amazing, unlike the other commercially produced fondants) with the "i love you so much" graffiti art on it. We also had several cake bars with both gluten-free and regular cakes to supplement the two mains. And they made a tray of mini s'mores with homemade graham crackers, chocolate ganache and homemade honey marshmallow fluff.

Everything tasted great and looked elegant and beautiful. We loved working with the crew here and would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or other special event that requires a delicious and beautiful cake.

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit, Gluten Free

My fiancé and I had such a fun time at our caking tasting and consultation! Everything we tried was amazing. Angela was awesome and helpful in creating a cake that was perfect for us. I am so excited for our big day (Feb. 20th, 2016) to see what beautiful cake these creative cake geniuses deliver!

Profile Picture Seslie, 2/20/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved working with Angie on our wedding cake and grooms cake! We let her have some creative freedom with the cake and it came out so beautifully and matched our decor. BUT the ultimate was the grooms cake, Angie is a big nerd like my filmmaker husband and geeked out on his idea to do a 2001: A Space Odyssey themed cake. We had bride and groom apes and a monolith on a 2015: A Wedding Odyssey cake and all of my husbands movie geek friends loved it!!! And of course the Tres Leches cake and the Chocolate cake with raspberry filling were both absolutely delicious. Highly recommend Blue Note!

Profile Picture User4639108, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

My husband was lovingly involved in our wedding - he knew it was important to both of us to give his input so we both had a say in our big day. One thing that was especially important was the groom's cake - he wanted a stack of his favorite books and he wanted it to be pistachio and peanut butter. O-K! I went with it. The cake turned out AWESOME and tasted SO GOOD. The bridal cake was beautiful and they took my idea of making 1 layer vanilla, 1 layer chocolate, and 1 layer strawberry - because I wanted guests to feel like they could have options. For the top layer - they made it all three flavors - so cool and so delicious! I will tell you even a year later on our anniversary - both of those cakes tasted just as good as our wedding day! I didn't think that was possible for a cake to still taste good a year later! They were so fun to work with and I would highly recommend Blue Note Bakery for anyone who wants to think outside the box for their cake or just wants something fun for their event that tastes delicious. Thank you for making our day extra special!

Profile Picture Jaimie, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Wonderful to work with and had just the perfect reactions from my guest!! I loved them and have already Started recommending them to friends

Profile Picture Tammy, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing taste, amazing elegance. She can do anything you ask for, and is always easy to reach. Great tasting experience and great wedding cake and cupcake experience. Very local Austin and I love it!

Profile Picture User4161834, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Holy Awesome Cake, Batman! I am so glad we found Blue Note Bakery. They designed our cake with the utmost attention to detail. We had a custom ski slope cake designed complete with trees, a ski lift and two figurines that represented my husband I. We met on a ski trip so this cake was extra special to us. Our guests were wow-ed and on top of that, it tasted like a slice of heaven. Thank you for helping make our day extra special!

Profile Picture Missy, 11/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Blue Note did an exceptional job on a post wedding celebration cake. The cake design was a little tricky with a traditional cake that showcased a purple (Hobbit) looking dragon climbing up the cake. Not only was the design Awesome, but the flavors of the layers were incredible. Would highly recommend Blue Note to anyone.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

OMG, not only were our (three) cakes beautiful, they were delicious! These girls are passionate about cake, and it shows! They were helpful in creating designs that went with the look of our wedding. I will be back for more!

Profile Picture Steph, 7/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I had specific visions of my wedding cake and my husband's groom's cake. This bakery delivered on all fronts. We had my three-tier custom cake done exactly like the drawing and the decorations were perfect. It tasted just as I imagined it would. The groom's cake was a tank for my husband since he is a tanker in the US Army. His buddies from the wedding party and that attended the wedding were in awe of the detail that was put into the tank. The top even swiveled! Our cakes were talk of the wedding with the beauty and precision that was executed. I couldn't have imagined anything better.

I recommend Blue Note Bakery 100%.

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 6/27/14, 2 Reviews
3.9

I was a little disappointed with my cake. I had asked for lavender and rosemary to be put around the cake and they just put rosemary around it and it was sloppy looking, also the cake was just "ok", I was looking for something fabulous so I read reviews on this place but I did not think it was worth the price.

Profile Picture Cara, 6/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Blue Note Bakery made our wedding cake, and it was delicious! It was a 3-tier round cake, and the flavor combinations were pistachio with raspberry Swiss Meringue buttercream, as well as vanilla with lavender Swiss Meringue buttercream. They were very quick to respond to any questions I had, and they were always friendly and professional. During our tasting, they were very open to my design ideas even when they involved ordering special equipment for the design. They were also very patient and accommodating when I repeatedly changed the cake shape and guest count over the last few months.  They have a huge range of cake and icing flavors, and all of the options we tasted were delicious. They provided us with even more cake and icing flavors than we had asked to taste, and they were very willing to accommodate our tastes by using all Swiss Meringue based buttercreams instead of the traditional American style. On the wedding day, the cake looked and tasted great. We would definitely recommend Blue Note Bakery to any Austin or Hill Country Bride!

Profile Picture Helena, 6/7/14, 14 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Blue note bakery was the perfect choice for our wedding. I had a pretty specific vision for my cake and it couldn't have turned out any more perfectly. Not only was it beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned on the outside, but it tasted amazing!!!! We got so many compliments on how great it tasted. They have the most amazing cake flavors and icing combinations. We did one layer that was chipotle chocolate cake with salted caramel icing (to die for)!!!! They even did a gluten free layer of the same flavor for my sister in law who is allergic to gluten. The best part is you couldn't even tell the difference!! I highly recommend blue note bakery for ANY occasion you may need an amazing cake for.

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/25/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was absolutely wonderful! The cake looked great and tasted even better! We planned it all out in one meeting with a few ideas and Blue Note made our ideas into something fantastic! I am actually excited to try our top tier on our first anniversary! Thank you so much for making our wedding cake so amazing! The guests couldn't stop raving on how good it was!!

Profile Picture Evelyn, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cupcakes were delicious!

Profile Picture Connie, 4/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Blue Note Bakery did an AMAZING job on my wedding cakes (I did three small cakes) and the grooms cake. I went in for a tasting and described what I wanted and they nailed it. They were so easy to work with and very professional. If you are getting married in the Austin area - I highly recommend them! Everyone at my wedding raved about how moist and flavorful the cakes were.

Profile Picture Emily, 3/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wonderful!!! They make the best tasting cakes of anywhere. Then they make them beautiful and perfect from a design you create together. It was one of the most fun parts of wedding planning--and one of the most successful outcomes! Everyone told me how gorgeous the cake was AND how tasty. :) Looking forward to the anniversary to eat it again!!!

Profile Picture Ellie, 3/22/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A simply gorgeous cake that tasted delicious on top of that! Our cake was made exactly as we asked and the cake bars made for a beautiful presentation. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/1/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I love, love, love Blue Note Bakery! We had them make our wedding cake and a birthday cake for a reception in Austin. We had to plan this via phone since we were living in New Jersey at the time. All the staff we dealt with were very responsive to our emails and phone calls. The best part of all was that we were in Austin about three weeks prior to our wedding, and had a tasting. We changed up almost everything we had originally decided on after the tasting! We found some amazing flavor combinations - especially the strawberry cake with the white chocolate icing.

Our cakes and desserts were beautiful and delicious!

Profile Picture Georgian, 1/18/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I wish I could give more stars on the Flexibility category because they are AMAZING! Not only did we schedule a cake tasting at the last minute, I also decided to change the complicated designs 2 weeks before the wedding. Both times they were cool with it and helped me every step of the way. When we met with them for the cake tasting, they pulled up my Pinterest page on a large computer monitor and really cared about understanding my design ideas and artistic wedding details. The entire team at Blue Note are absolute ARTISTS and can do just about anything you challenge them to do. I am an artist myself and a bit of a control freak when it comes to my art and designs, but they really took everything I had to say and even suggested better details and ideas to add. I had both wedding and grooms cakes made by Blue Note, as well as a spread of small bites. Both cakes were beyond delicious but we didn't get to try the small bites because our guests devoured them within 5 minutes (they were that good apparently). My favorite was the grooms cake because they actually painted my design onto the top of the cake (with food coloring I assume) and it was a beautiful piece of art. I just wish that we made the chocolate cake much bigger because there was not a crumb left. Oh- and when you go for a cake tasting, they treat you like royalty and the spread is awesome. I would DEFINITELY recommend Blue Note and will be going there again, even though I live in Minnesota!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/4/14, 2 Reviews
4.3

Best cake ever!! We are so glad that we were able to book Blue Note Bakery's services for our wedding day! Although we didn't get to try much of it, we got so many raves about our cakes!

Profile Picture User3730282, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews