Bella Vita at Cavaliers Country Club Reviews

11 | Newark, DE

11 Reviews for Bella Vita at Cavaliers Country Club

Christie · Married on 07/22/2017

I can't say enough about Bella Vita at Cavaliers Country Club! The venue is beautiful, the staff is amazing, the food is excellent! It's all inclusive. Kelly is truly the best! Every time I asked what it would cost to do x, y, and z, Kelly responded with, "oh, we'll take care of that, no problem". The entire process was easy, stress-free, and truly wonderful. They were incredibly responsive, answering my millions of questions! The wedding prices are a bit pricey, but totally worth it with everything it includes. Our guests ranted and raved about the amazing cocktail hour, the open bar, and the amazing buffet! I'm still in awe of just how easy and streamlined everything was on our big day! I'm so grateful.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Grisette · Married on 08/08/2015

Jane at Bella Vita was extremely helpful, patient, and personable. She walked us through every step of the way for our daughter's Sweet 16.
    Guests were satisfied with the food and service. The Maître D was helpful, even getting my candy bar set up for me and keeping my bar budget in mind, giving me reminders at appropriate intervals. The bartender was great and very patient. There were many teens at the bar asking for her Shirley Temples and she handled the crowd like a pro. I recommend Bella Vitas services.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Our daughter’s wedding reception this past summer was held at Bella Vita at Cavaliers Country Club. Do yourself a favor and don’t sign a contract anywhere else before you look at this venue. Bella Vita at Cavaliers is open to the public for wedding events, parties, dances, and corporate meetings, and we found that they have options for every price point. They have a beautiful quiet setting with a large ballroom and covered outdoor terrace, and probably the best dance floor in Delaware (hardwood throughout the ballroom). The staff were very friendly and experienced, helpful in their advising, and provided us with a beautiful reception.

The food (we opted for a buffet) was delicious—no surprise since Bella Vita has connections with the popular Napoli family of Italian restaurants in Wilmington. The options from which you can choose go on for pages, and in past years customers have been invited to a sample wedding reception to taste a selection of hors d’oeurves, dinner items, and desserts.

In addition to the great food and setting, the various flexible packages additionally included flowers for each table from a local florist, a wedding cake of our choice from a great local bakery, and one night at an upscale hotel for the bride and groom.
    Overall, our daughter’s wedding reception at Cavalier’s was flawless and worth every penny.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Ariel · Married on 06/27/2015

After looking at many different venues, we decided to go with Bella Vita because of their beautiful venue with the terrace and the amount of food and other things included for the price. Our wedding day there was perfect and everyone was amazed by the food offered. Everyone was very accommodating and easy to work with.

Sent on 01/29/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/04/2014

We were very happy with our wedding reception at Bella Vita. We worked with Jane to plan the big day and she was great. Jane was very responsive to phone calls and email. She was flexible with our ideas. It felt like we were planning our day, and not just your standard wedding reception. The food at Bella Vita is plentiful and tasty. Our guests were impressed by the sheer amount of food there! Cocktail hour included hot chaffing dishes, cold presentations, butlered h'orderves, and two special stations! We opted for the buffet and were very happy with the options available. To top it all off a dessert table is included with the price of dinner! The venue is beautiful as well. They are continually putting work into the ball room to keep it sparkling new. Plus you couldn't ask for a prettier view in Newark, as the room overlooks the golf course, which was a great backdrop for photos. I would whole heatedly recommend this venue to a friend!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Jamie · Married on 11/02/2013

Everyone was SO helpful and nice. Great prices for a beautiful wedding if you are on a budget. The location was decorated beautifully and the food was delicious!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Deb · Married on 09/21/2013

Wedding took place on 9/21/13 and was absolutely amazing! Food was delicious, very filling and plentiful from start to finish. The coordinators throughout the entire process of planning, coordinating and question answering were great to work with. The staff on the night of the event were phenomenal, no one wanted for anything the entire night. Would highly recommend this site for future brides.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Toni · Married on 09/07/2013

6 -1/2 mothes later I still hear about & think about the ABSOLUTLE PERFECT Wedding reception any one could ever have. The staff (Jane) were OUTSTANDING the food ABSOLUTLEY DELICIOUS. I cannot say enough good things about the staff & service that was given to me on my special day. My friends and family still talk about it. I wish I could come back for someone elses wedding just so i can relive my DREAM day :)
    Thanks again Jane, & staff too many to name :)

Sent on 03/20/2014
  • ANGELA

ANGELA · Married on 10/08/2016

Our wedding reception was held at Bella Vita at Cavaliers Country Club. This was a wonderful venue, a beautiful quiet setting with a large ballroom and covered outdoor patio that can be used for cocktail hour, and hardwood floor throughout the ballroom. The staff were very friendly and experienced, helpful in their advising, and provided us with a beautiful reception. Kelly really worked with us, when it was determined our ceremony would be held indoors she was able to calm any worries we had.

The food was delicious, everyone raved about the cocktail hour and the dinner. My only issue was that I didn't get a chance to actually taste any of the hors d'oeuvres we had picked out. Also the cake was put out a little late, with the guests wondering when it would be served. That was our only issue with the food.

In addition to the great food and setting, the package we selected also included centerpieces, the wedding cake and a complimentary night at a local hotel.
    Overall, they helped make our day a wonderful day and one to remember.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Stacy · Married on 05/02/2010

3.5
      3.0

What could have been a nightmare for us, turned out to be nothing but a gorgeous wedding reception. When we signed our contract that locked in our price, it was with the previous company BEFORE they signed on Bella Vita as their caterer. No one called to let us know of the change. So when I called to confirm the date was still available (we weren't required to put a deposit when we signed the tenative contract), I was told those people no longer worked there & they hired an outside Caterer... PANIC set it. But when we met with Tracey from Bella Vita, we were pretty confident that all would be well.

Cavaliers Country Club main reception hall is BEAUTIFUL!!! The ceiling and floor is what sold us over other places (no nasty color carpet or wall paper to clash with our wedding colors).

The General Manager of the facility is pretty flexible if you have a special request. I had a full horse and carriage on the property & didn't have any issues. Unfortunately, it rained the week prior so we weren't able to go on the golf course to take photos down by the lakes with the carriage.
    ______________________________________________________________

Bella Vita prices are VERY reasonable and significantly lower than most other places in the area. The food was very good & we still have people mentioning how much they liked it. The chef came from Three Little Bakers. The staff is very friendly & pretty flexible with any requests you might have. My family & I were very pleased with the whole reception. One thing to keep in mind and maybe it's been changed as we were Bella Vitas first wedding here, but they do not offer cocktail hour in a seperate room (even though they have a smaller room to do so). As I said, it may be offered now as an additional package cost, but it wasn't for us. So if you're a bride that wants to see your room BEFORE anyone else (as they do on all the wedding shows), you may be disappointed.

My only warning would be if you have a valuable item you want used in your wedding, be sure to check it BEFORE leaving. My cake topper was a retired FRAGILE Disney piece and I was assured it would not be broken. However, it was broken and they claimed they didn't do it... they even accused MY family of doing it. While I understood that whomever placed it back in the box didn't realize it happened, I was upset that they completely denied it. It was a bit of a fight in order to get them to agree to replace my topper, but in the end, they did rectify the problem and offered a portion of the cost to replace it. This is why I scored a 3 in professionalism.

One last thing: REQUEST SHANNON FROM SHOPRITE AS YOUR FLORIST!!!!!! Shannon went out of her way for us & did an amazing job on our centerpiece flowers & memorial roses!!!!!

Bella Vitas "in house" florist, Petal Pushers, was horrible. The sample she sent us was just plain awful... the colors didn't even match each other OR the swatch I gave her!!!! She was a bit "attitudey" as well.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Katlin · Married on 05/20/2017

2.8
      2.5
      2.0

We used BV@CCC for our wedding and were extremely excited when we first booked. However, over the course of the year things changed. A lot of information that we had discussed with our original contact Jane was not followed through by her counterpart Kelly. I was later informed the day of the wedding that Jane was no longer with BV. Although we enjoyed our day, looking back we are disappointed with the follow through and over all performance of this venue and main day of coordinator, Kelly.

Sent on 06/09/2017