Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering Reviews

Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering 2
Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering 3
Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering 4

Krysia · Married on 08/18/2018

Working with the Ayres Hotel & staff was a dream, the wedding reception was magical! 5 years ago I attended a reception at the Manhattan Beach location & hoped that I could someday have that magical experience of my own. I had the pleasure of working with this location for our reception - what a seamless & phenomenal experience! From the front desk, accommodations, reservation handling, catering - oh-the-food, banquet services, sales dept., to the smiling faces - this location has everything a bride & groom could ask for! :)

Sent on 08/22/2018
    Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering 5

Debbie · Married on 07/03/2017

I held my Bridal Tea at the the Ayres Manhattan Beach in the private Dining Room, reserved two suites for the Bridal Party and Groom's Party to get ready the day of the wedding and took pre-wedding pictures in the lobby. My experience was beyond my expectations. For example, the staff was so attentive to my needs for the Bridal Tea that when I asked if they had a cake stand I could use, one of the servers brought her own personal stand from home! The managers on duty were also super helpful. What a hidden gem in Los Angeles--I hope other brides and grooms find out about this fabulous hotel-If I could give it 10 stars on this review, I would!

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering 6
    Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering 7
    Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach by Matisse Catering 8

Kristine · Married on 05/15/2010

I originally booked this hotel for my reception, but had to change venues for personal reasons. I had already put down a deposit but they were kind enough to allow me to switch the booking to use it for the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was held in a smaller banquet hall downstairs, and it was lovely.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful, and the staff is wonderful. Everyone is polite and professional, especially Deanna, the wedding coordinator. She's so understanding and she takes the time get to know you as a person, which I really appreciated.

Their wedding packages prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 06/03/2010

Emily · Married on 05/01/2015

We recently booked Matisse Catering for a Ceremony and Reception at the Ayres Hotel. The catering manager Deanna is great to work with. And she's super detailed and remembers every little detail you give her to make your day special.

The Ayres Hotel is absolutely beautiful if you're into the old castle feel. You wouldn't expect a place like this in Hawthorne.

The ceremony is held in the courtyard outdoors. And the reception is next door. The reception is a little dark and old, but it wasn't too bad. The food here is pretty good. And they allow you to bring your own cake.

There is a fee for the ceremony and there are a few packages for your meal options. You're also able to customize the meal in case there's something else you see in the menu that you'd like.

The Ayres Hotel also gives you a block discount if you reserve ten or more rooms at the hotel.

What Matisse catering provides are table numbers, and tea lights on each table. The restrooms are nearby, and they let you set up hours before the event if it's a daytime event. Of course, if it's a night time event, they may be booked beforehand for a daytime event.

Daytime events are usually form 11 - 4. Nighttime events are form 6pm - 12am. (**Quick tip** try not to stay on the right side of the hotel if there is an event going on that night. The music is incredibly loud and you're able to hear it in the hotel room.

Parking is free if you're there for less than an hour.
    Parking is $5 for 1hr - 4 hrs
    $10 for 4+ Hours (up to 24 hours)

Sent on 05/27/2015