Avalon Banquets Reviews

26 | Elk Grove Village, IL

26 Reviews for Avalon Banquets

• Maricarmen

Maricarmen · Married on 09/14/2019

Great service, food, and venue overall

Friendly service. Served guests that arrived late. Amazing food!! Everyone was talking about it!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • LIZBETH

LIZBETH · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing place

Great food, everything was really great.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2017

Very wonderful staff, helpful with all budget planning, able to get you what you want for the price that you want.

Sent on 09/20/2016

We did not have our ceremony here we had are reception here, it was amazing the staff and waiter were so nice and very helpful. I dropped my stuff of Thursday night since our wedding was Friday and they stayed past there time to set up the room for us. The room was set up perfectly everything was beautiful and just perfect. The food was amazing and the bakery they use is just wonderful, our cake was beautiful. we had a blast and so did all our guests,

Sent on 08/20/2014
  • I

nicole · Married on 04/28/2012

Great place, Great food i had my guess that said how good of a job they did they were just wonderful they helped in ever way when nice people there

Sent on 05/07/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2011

Karen was great to work with! The Avalon is extremely accommodating to any of your ideas and will work with you to make it happen. The prices are great for the quality and service you receive. Everything raved about the food served at our wedding! Would highly recommend Avalon to anyone looking for a flexible place with great prices and a traditional look and feel to your wedding.

Sent on 03/15/2012

tracie · Married on 10/08/2011

Totally professional and very helpful w me planning from out of town. Thanks so much!

Sent on 01/29/2012
  • Marguerita

Marguerita · Married on 09/10/2011

Our wedding was amazing at Avalon Banquets! Our guests told us that they loved the food. The room was beautiful! We worked with Grace. She was so nice and extremely pleasant to work with. She did an awesome job of making our wedding worry free. Our room was smaller since we only had 70 guests. I was wondering how they were going to pull it off without looking cheesy. Well, the room was amazing! The cake...the cake was BEAUTIFUL and sooo good! There weren't any leftovers! Their rates are extremely reasonable and they were willing to work with us much more than the other 9 places within a 5-10 mile radius. As a matter of fact, some places told us that our wedding was too small and tried to give us basement equivalent rooms. The Avalon was very accommodating, inviting, and beautiful. My husband and I are so happy we chose them to be our wedding/reception hosts.

Sent on 09/22/2011

MONIKA · Married on 03/05/2011

We worked with Karen who was very helpful and professional. The room was beautiful, the food was delicious. We were very happy with the service and the cost!

Sent on 03/23/2011

Christine · Married on 08/02/2009

Vera was amazing, so accommodating! The banquet hall was very flexible to our every need. The value of a beautiful room with an all-inclusive price was just what we were looking for!

Sent on 11/16/2009

Sylvia · Married on 06/03/2006

Avalon made my wedding day a day to remember. The decor was amazing. The food was AMAZING and my guests had a wonderful time! Very classy and elegant -- exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 02/21/2008

Colleen · Married on 11/06/2004

Everything about the Avalon was great! They were very flexible with everything and offered us nothing but the best. My one complaint was that we brought in our own cake and they actually charged us to bring it in. Other than that, great!

Sent on 02/11/2008

Jaime · Married on 04/04/2003

Avalon Banquets - so happy we booked our reception there! We actually booked right before they remodled a few years back, so it was nice and newly updated by the time our wedding came. The people there were great to work with when it came to planning, the food was excellent, service polite and fast - they were wonderful! Plenty of washrooms for the guests, plenty of space in the lobby and plenty of parking, easy to get to. Plus, it's located right across the street from a hotel and super close to O'Hare Airport which was great too.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2011

Avalon was very accommodating for our wedding and was very helpful and flexible with all of our requests. Karen was honestly great to work with and will help you in any way she can. She has great ideas and advice and is open to hearing what your vision is. The food was excellent and everyone loved it! The service was also was professional and responsive! Karen made me feel very comfortable with the decisions made and having all the details for the wedding set, without me having to worry about anything. Avalon was the best!

Sent on 02/03/2012

elvia · Married on 03/17/2012

Great food, and courtious service.

Sent on 03/28/2012

dena · Married on 10/07/2011

such a beautiful place.the chandeliers are gorgeous! we worked with jackie who was awesome. she gave us a great deal for our friday night wedding. they went above and beyond to do everything to make us happy. the food was delish! everybody raved about it. the room was absolutely beautiful and they even let us check it out the night before. such a nice staff would highly recommend this venue to others.

Sent on 12/07/2011

Mindy · Married on 05/15/2011

My wedding was the second time our family has used Avalon Banquets, and they once again made our event wonderful. Karen is one of the best, Vera makes everything run without a hitch, and the food can't be beat!! Karen and the group were very accommodating and did whatever they could to make us happy. We would use them again in a second!!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Beth · Married on 08/30/2008

Karen at the Avalon was fantastic to deal with. The room was more beautiful than I ever imagined. Everyone loved the food and everything about the whole evening! They were extremely accomodating and took care of every request we had.

Sent on 09/29/2008

3.5

Had my wedding here and have to say very satisfied! It was a Nigerian wedding and they were flexible enough to allow me to have the Nigerian food catered. The rooms are gorgeous!!! The ladies are very nice and i love that we had a bridal suite and grooms suite. The only complaint from my guests was that the drinks at the bar seemed watered down but other than that it was a wonderful experience. They provided the cake as part of my package with a cake company that was excellent! Someone said it was the best wedding cake they every tasted!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Edith · Married on 08/11/2007

3.0

Very keen to detail, do have provide on a low budget, but not much. Great for your wedding of a life time and aren't worry about a budget as well as will offer more than you think.

Sent on 02/01/2008

Tony · Married on 07/15/2016

3.5

This was a great place to have our wedding! Very elegant and we got great service for our money. They have different packages to choose from, and the ladies working there will take of you for sure.

Sent on 07/29/2016

dakota · Married on 10/24/2015

3.5

We are looking forward to having our wedding here this fall of 2015. We have already had our tasting and have the seen the venue set up for other weddings. We are so excited about how beautiful and fun our wedding will be! The staff at Avalon are top notch

Sent on 05/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/05/2007

3.5

They were very helpful and very nice. The day went very well- they were organized and efficient!

Sent on 01/09/2008

Sunny · Married on 03/05/2005

4.2
      3.5

We really enjoyed having our wedding at Avalon. We had 550+ people at our wedding, so we took all the rooms. Avalon was flexible for us to bring our own wine and ethnic appetizers.

Sent on 08/13/2008

Jackie · Married on 03/30/2012

3.0
      1.0
      2.0
      2.0

I had a number of issues with the wedding coordinator that was assigned to our wedding. She didn't show up to just before I walked down the aisle for the ceremony. When I got to the Avalon about an hour prior nothing was done with our candy buffet, toasting glasses, cake server, place cards or any of the ceremony stuff and I was told on the day before that their staff would set all this up for us. Also when a large dark stain on the gift table table cloth was pointed out to the wait staff we were told they could just put a napkin over it to cover it. I found that to be unacceptable. I feel that if the wedding coordinator had been there more than 5 mins prior to me walking down the aisle that all the little details would have been taken care of.

Overall the day went smoothly and none of the guests knew about the stuff I mentioned, which is the more important part of this. You do get a good value here. The food was good and no complaints about that or the wait staff. Also the bartender was very good a little overwhelmed but he did a good job.

Sent on 04/02/2012