42 Reviews for ALIVE Photo Studio

Destination / Travel (2)
Trash The Dress (2)
Wedding Portraits (1)
41 ALIVE Photo Studio Reviews

Great quality and great price!. Nestor was great to work with. Timely and professional. Definitely recommend Alive Photo Studio. I did not get a chance to meet in person prior to our wedding date since this was a destination wedding, but everything turned out better than expected!

Photos
Profile Picture Katie, 7/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Slideshow, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Mariana is wonderful to work with, very responsive and within a timely manner, even during the middle of the night! Thats what I call great customer service. Nestor's work is beautiful and I cant wait to see the outcome of my photos!

Profile Picture Jacque, 6/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Marian is wonderful to work with, very responsive and within a timely manner, even during the middle of the night! Thats what I call great customer service. Nestor's work is beautiful and I cant wait to see the outcome of my photos!

Profile Picture Jacque, 6/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The Alive team is very professional and will work with you to achieve your dream! Nestor is brilliant and his work is outstanding. Marian is fantastic and is very speedy with her response. We are from England and this was the most daunting experience of all, to put the best day of your lives in someone else's hands that you haven't even met. By the time we went to Mexico we already knew Nestor and Marian really well. The day was fantastic, the pictures and video captured everything that we could imagine, its all brilliant.

Any questions that we had Marian answered them as soon as she could and she even went the extra mile to help us out!! We are over the moon with out photos, and the video that we have is like a film it is fantastic and puts a smile on our face every time we show people.

I would without a doubt definitely recommend Alive Photo Studio to capture your big day.

Profile Picture Ben, 10/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

My husband and I were very happy with the services provided by ALIVE Photo Studio. Nestor was very responsive to all my questions leading up to the day and was very professional on the big day. I would definitely recommend them for any and all of your photography needs!

Profile Picture Theresa, 12/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I'm not sure how to put into words how amazing Nestor and Marian are.

I'm a type A person, before moving forward with Alive Photography I contacted close to 20 other vendors (no... i'm not kidding). I made a little excel spreadsheet and asked all my questions. However, no matter how many times I analyzed cost vs number of photos vs. location vs. transportation etc. I could not get the images of Alive Photography out of my head. The use of light and the emotions in the picture just took my breath away. Working with Alive is not your cheapest option, but trust me when I say you'll NEVER think you spent too much and will actually question how you got such amazing results and met such an amazing team at that price.

Marian is super friendly! S helped to set up the shoot & was an EPIC pleasure to communicate with. She answered all my questions very quickly and professionally. Nestor was the photographer. My fiance is a shy guy, doesn't talk very much and isn't very comfortable around people, but he warmed up to Nestor very quickly (which is key). Nestor worked over the hours that we were meant to just so we could get the perfect light....and we ended up with a picture that was absolutely breath taking because he did stay that extra time with us (and i'm not talking 15-20 minutes here, he really spent the extra time!).

I know I'm bouncing a lot in my review, but there's just too many good things to be said about him. His turn around time was SO QUICK, when I was doing my research I had some photographers tell me it would take 6-8 weeks to get my pictures... listen I'm not a patient woman, 2 months to get pictures is just TOO LONG especially for my engagement pictures that I want to send out for my save the dates within the next month! Nestor had them to me a little over a week (mailed from Mexico).

These guys are amazing, trust me you won't regret it! I could write more but weddingwire says I've hit my word limit :p!!

Profile Picture Charlene, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you are looking for a photographer near Cozumel I highly recommend Alive Photo Studio. Nestor was prompt on communication and did an amazing job within such a short time frame. My husband and I got married at Mr. Sancho's beach club. We arrived via cruise ship. We had about 6 hours to make everything work. He was able to get everything done and all the pictures that I wanted within our time frame. He even went out of his way to get a picture of my husband and I in front of the cruise ship (which I really wanted). Even though he wasn't allowed in the port - he found a way and got the picture. He was also very affordable. I received all of the originals and edited images via dropbox. The package that I purchased included 150 edited, but he doubled that amount because he was a couple of weeks later on getting them to me. He was so nice and easy to work with. He was interested in knowing us as a couple so he met us online via Skype the week before the wedding. He paid attention to detail and you could see it in the images. He deserves 5/5 stars! :)

Profile Picture Vanessa, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Nestor photographed our destination wedding in Riviera Maya and the photos turned out perfect! He did a great job capturing our wedding ceremony and took beautiful couple and family pictures after the ceremony. We had a difficult time deciding on which pictures to choose for our package because they were all so great! I highly recommend using them for your wedding.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so happy that we chose Alive Studios for our wedding photographers. Firstly, they were easy to contact and Marian was super quick to respond to our emails with any questions that we had. Nestor and Carolina were absolutely amazing at our wedding and everyone kept commenting on how great they were. They were professional, fun, friendly and attentive. Our final pictures are absolutely amazing!!! Nestor has a unique eye for angles and lighting which created some unique and beautiful photos! There are so many photos that we love, we are having a hard time choosing which ones to put in our photo album because there are so many great ones! If you are looking for a creative, outgoing, unique photographer who will provide you with extraordinary pictures then book Nestor! We got way more than we imagined for our wedding and could not have had better photographers. Thank you Nestor!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Slideshow

It is common for a little girl to always dream on their wedding day, from the white princess dresses, to the fireworks and first dance!. I know it was my dream while growing up and when it was my time to get into the princess dress I couldn't be naïve or cheap when it came down to photography because they are the ones who make mark those memories that forever will be remembered. That's why after so much researched I chose Alive Photography, Nestor and Caro did a tremendous job with my wedding!. I knew his pictures were amazing but when I saw mine I cried just like I did on the very moment when I said I do!. The pictures are just perfect. Nestor dedication and work is tremendous, you know when someone loves their job and loves what their doing when you get their final product back!. If your future husband makes your cry on your wedding day, I promise you Nestor will make you cry AGAIN once you receive your pictures!. ( good tears). My advice to any future bride, don't hesitate and choose ALIVE it is worth every penny!.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are not enough words to explain how great Alive Photo Studio is! I originally found them on Instagram when searching for photographers, saw their amazing work, and then starting looking up their reviews. Every review was fantastic. I reached out to them and shortly received a reply from Marian. Communicating with Marian has been a joy! Not only does she respond SUPER quickly, but she is very helpful and truly cares! After looking into other companies, no one compared to Alive when it came to quality, quantity, and price. I felt they were very reasonable when comparing prices to other companies, especially when factoring in how much you get! They were also very accommodating when I wanted to make some changes with what was included in the photo package (instead of a trash-the-dress session, I exchanged it for an extra hour of photo coverage). Nestor met with us a couple days before the wedding to go over everything along with Fer, the videographer that they work with. My husband and I immediately felt like we had been friends with them forever, easily making connections with both of them. You can immediately tell that Nestor and Fer are very invested in what they do. They made sure to touch base on things that were important to us that we absolutely wanted coverage on and gathered all the details to make sure the day went smoothly. Our final products have been BREATHTAKING! We honestly could not be more pleased with our pictures and our wedding video! Alive works with another company for their videos, but the fact that they work with such an upstanding company says a lot about them also! Our pictures look UNREAL and the video looks like a movie! Everyone who has seen our pics and video has been extremely impressed! Not to mention, Nestor had a lot of work cut out for him with my husband's sunburnt forehead. He did an outstanding job with editing the photos- sunburn is gone! Do not hesitate with going with Alive! They are the best of the best!

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Trash The Dress

It was great working with Nestor! The pics were amazing! It was well worth paying the fee that Moon Palace required for outside vendors. I would highly recommend ALIVE PHOTO STUDIOS.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had Alive Photo Studio (photographer Nestor) working at our wedding! It was a great pleasure to have them at our event! They were very responsive, really felt the situation and the pictures turn out very good! Nestor was everywhere at the same time and I really like how they captured interesting emotions of our guests, super touching to look at them! They also felt that we wanted to spend time with our guests, so the photoshoot of bride/groom took just a little more then half an hour after our ceremony, and all the pictures were amazing - he picked very interesting spots were wouldn't even think would look great on pictures, but the light turned out to be superb. I will order many large pictures to hang on the wall. I didn't read attentively when I purchased the package so I didn't realize that unedited photos were not included, but we later negotiated and I received all unedited + even more edited that we initially discussed (and very soon - less than 3 weeks after the event). Unedited pictures totally worth it, so be careful and go for more expensive package to get all of them, you won't regret! We also got a videographer, haven't received the video yet, but I'm sure it will be great!

Profile Picture Tatiana, 1/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were so Happy to have Nestor with ALIVE Photo Studio shoot our wedding!! They do an amazing job!!! If you are having a wedding in Tullum or Cancun do yourself a favor and choose ALIVE!!!!

Profile Picture Michael, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marian and Nestor are great - I would highly recommend them! I had a traditional ethnic wedding and they accommodated all of our special requests. Marian worked with us to create a package for our different celebrations. Nestor had a meeting with us beforehand to make sure we were getting the types of photos we wanted. The outcome was beautiful. The pictures are not only high in quality but the team captured all those little moments. So glad I picked Alive!

Profile Picture Ibi, 11/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Absolutely delighted!!! Great service from the moment we first contacted Marian. They were prompt, courteous, and very professional in answering our every question, concern, doubt, or inquiry we had. They were great in every aspect related to customer service. Now let me get to their actual work! Truly amazing! Professionalism at its finest. From candid to traditional shots, Nestor knew exactly how and where to capture the moments, but most importantly without intruding and keeping the moment magical. In simpler terms, a true artist!! When it came down to business, very conscious about budgets. They were not pushy with aggressive sales tactics or made us feel obligated. He presented the final edits to us and let his work speak for itself. Like I said when I began, an absolute delight working with Alive Photo Studio.

Profile Picture Blanca, 10/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I live in Oklahoma and was looking online for wedding photographers for our October wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe. It was a bit overwhelming at first trying to find a local photographer in Mexico because you rely solely on reviews. I think I emailed around 12 different companies to get pricing and packages. Because I had a fusion wedding (Indian-American), we needed a photographer for not just the wedding, but also for the traditional Indian events. Luckily, I had stumbled across ALIVE's wedding portfolio and I just fell in love with their photos. I don't even know how to put into words how amazing Nestor and his crew are. Choosing ALIVE Photo Studio for my wedding was one of the best decisions! After reading reviews and speaking with Mirian, I was sure that I had made the right choice. They are great with communication! Anytime I sent them an email, I received a response that same day. Because I was not able to meet them until the day before the wedding, it was comforting to know that I could just send a quick email and get a response. We had about 120 guests and Nestor managed to handle the big group of people while still getting great photos of everyone. He was great with all of the guests and fulfilled any request that anyone had. The way he is able to play with the lighting and poses is so creative that the pictures turn out like magazine quality! Once I received the link to my wedding photos online, I sent it out to all my friends and family. Immediately I received calls, texts, and emails about how everyone loved the pictures. Not only did I get my pictures within a month of the wedding, the pictures were so beautiful that they left me speechless! Now every time I go back and look at them, I am able to relive the memories. They are truly the best "story-tellers". I will cherish these photos for a lifetime. If you still aren't sold...send me an email and I will tell you just how amazing this company is and make any doubts you have disappear!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I live in Oklahoma and was looking online for wedding photographers for our October wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe. It was a bit overwhelming at first trying to find a local photographer in Mexico because you rely solely on reviews. I think I emailed around 12 different companies to get pricing and packages. Because I had a fusion wedding (Indian-American), we needed a photographer for not just the wedding, but also for the traditional Indian events. I don't even know how to put into words how amazing Nestor and his crew are. After reading reviews and speaking with Mirian, I was sure that I had made the right choice. They are great with communication! Anytime I sent them an email, I received a response that same day. Because I was not able to meet them until the day before the wedding, it was comforting to know that I could just send a quick email and get a response. We had about 120 guests and Nestor managed to handle the big group of people while still getting great photos of everyone. He was great with all of the guests and fulfilled any request that anyone had. The way he is able to play with the lighting and how he poses you is so creative that the pictures turn out like magazine quality! Once I received the link to my wedding photos online, I sent it out to all my friends and family. Immediately I received calls, texts, and emails about how everyone loved the pictures. If you are still debating on who to use for your wedding photographer…LOOK NO FURTHER! Seriously, these people are amazing. Not only did I get my pictures within a month of the wedding, the pictures were so beautiful that they left me speechless! Now every time I go back and look at them, I am able to relive the memories. They are truly the best "story-tellers". I will cherish these photos for a lifetime. If you still aren't sold...send me an email and I will tell you just how amazing this company is and make any doubts you have disappear!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hice con ellos una session de trash your dress, excelente experiencia, el trato es nmuy personalizado, están muy pendientes que estés a gusto en la session.

La fotos quedaron increíbles, podría repetir la experiencia sin dudarlo

Si necesitan unos fotógrafos profesionales y tomas únicas, no duden en contactarlos,

Suerte

Mayte Collada

Profile Picture Mayte, 8/22/15, 1 Review

Perfect fit.

I booked them for my entire wedding along with my cenote shoot. The office and in field are great. Pictures were breath taking. Very talented team here. As a travel agent myself, I have very high standards and they met and exceeded them.

Profile Picture Victoria, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress

I live in California and used the internet to find the perfect photographer for our honeymoon/family photo shoot. I was in contact with all the top photographers in the area. I was very close to making a decision but was having trouble getting a family shoot near ruins and a separate Trash the Dress shoot for my fiancé and I. At the last minute I stumbled upon Alive photography. I ended up speaking with Marion who was so compassionate and professional. She knew exactly what I was looking for and her attention to my very specific needs is what sold me. Her brother Nester is the photographer and she was able to convey our requests. They ended up doing a morning Trash the Dress shoot in the Cenotes and agreed to another shoot with the family that same evening. Ironically, I end up getting really sick literally during my Trash the Dress shoot. Nester and his assist were so sweet and helpful. They made me feel comfortable in a very embarrassing situation. But we continued on and got the photos that were intended. He offered to try and do the family shoot the next day or two after I was feeling better. The family was really sick and we ran out of time. I was SO disappointed that we weren't going to get those last pictures. Nester knew this and found a friend photographer in the ninth hour right before we were leaving to go home. We ended up getting amazing family pictures and it truly made my trip. This would have been a make it or break it for me and my vacation. It was bad enough that we got sick but to leave without the pictures would have been devastating. I would HIGHLY recommend Alive Photo Studio. The pictures came out beautiful, the service was exception and flexibility of this photographer was so appreciated by our family. Thank you again Nester and Marion. We hope to visit you again.

Profile Picture Ramona, 7/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Nestor was amazing. Our wedding coordinator at the Royal Hideaway in Playacar found Nestor for us, and he was better than we ever expected. He is passionate about his work and knows how to take memorable pictures. He's also very tech savvy and delivered everything and more as promised. The slideshow is absolutely amazing and highly recommend.

Profile Picture Rick, 5/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where do I begin.....choosing ALIVE to capture our wedding was the best decision I ever made, next to saying "yes" to my husband :) Trying to plan a destination wedding can be a little scary with all of the unknowns, but Marian was amazing during the planning stages and put our minds at ease right away. She is a total sweetheart and responds to questions immediately, making your happiness her first priority. As for Nestor, I'm not even sure I can do him justice. He is an artist and catches moments, lighting and emotions that you didn't even know were happening until you see them in these gorgeous photos. Out of all the things that go into planning a wedding, the photos were the most important to us because you have those memories forever and there's no second chance to get it right. We are so happy that we put our trust in Nestor because our photos are more incredible than we could have ever imagined. I've been sharing my photo book with everyone this past week and the comments are consistent "Is that the real setting?!", "I've never seen wedding photos like this before...they are like art!" and "You had an awesome photographer!" Besides the final product being amazing, Nestor is just a genuinely quality guy who loves what he does and it shows. Everyone at our wedding said "I love your photographer!" He is so sweet and just makes you feel completely comfortable. Thank you ALIVE for giving us our dream wedding pictures!!

Profile Picture Kerry, 5/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I used alive photo studio for my wedding in grand sirenis on 30.03.2015 . I am from the UK and each time I contacted Alive Photo Studio I found them to reply straight away and answered any questions I had clearly . I paid via PayPal and was given a contract from them , this was very re-assuring after paying a deposit to be given a contract especially when everything was done via email. On the day Nestor arrived at the hotel promptly , we found him professional. friendly and he really knew his job. We got pictures we never even thought about , he took some amazing shots . The following day we used him for trash the dress again all the photos were amazing. The slide show we purchased is perfect , the photos on this are fantastic , they tell our wedding day story along with great music picked by Nestor . I can 100% recommend this vendor , people in the UK have seen the photos and have commented they are the best they have ever seen and I have past the vendor details on to them . Nestor is professional, honest , friendly and a very talented photographer I would recommend him to be your photographer on your special day.

Profile Picture Denise, 3/30/15, 1 Review