ALIVE Photo Studio Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda P. Married on 12/10/2021

Amazing!!!

They were all very easy going, alot of fun, professional and amazing at their job! The photos and video were gorgeous I’m so happy with them. Thank you all so much for the positive experience.

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Amanda: Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your experience. We're so happy that you loved your pictures and video! It's been a pleasure doing business with you! Our best wishes =)
    Rachel F. Married on 09/18/2021

ALIVE Captured the True Beauty of our Special Day!

ALIVE Photo Studio was our wedding photographer for our destination wedding at Dreams Sands Cancun and to say we were impressed by David Rangel would be an understatement! The whole ALIVE team really went out of their way to be sure they captured our wedding day perfectly, and we really couldn’t have been more pleased with how beautifully the pictures turned out! Not to mention their communication and our meeting leading up to the big day were excellent. David was the lead photographer and his awesome personality, eye for photography, in combination with his skills meshed so well with us and how we wanted our special day to be photographed. We highly recommend ALIVE for your next important photoshoot, I can guarantee they will not disappoint!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie G. Married on 07/19/2021

A complete Dream come true!

Wow. Is one word to describe Sarah and Martin at Alive studios. We could not ask for a better duo and company to photograph our wedding. They made our wedding feel magical and a dream come true. If you’re looking for photographers for you destination wedding I would not recommend anyone else. After the hustle and bustle of covid and rescheduling our wedding multiple times- Alive worked with us the entire time with ease, flexibility and professionalism. Book Alive! You will not be disappointed! Thank you Sarah and Martin.
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 07/11/2021

Engagement Photo Shoot

Alive photo studio and their photographer Daniel were simply amazing to work with . From flexibility with rescheduling to day of shoot they made everything so flawless and stress free . We took our photos in tulum at Azulik and they came out stunning . I can’t say enough good things about them but I highly recommended them for your wedding day and engagement photos . I have received so many compliments on my photos and I owe it all to them . Thank you so much and looking forward to the wedding !!!
    Amber H. Married on 11/27/2020

Great experience with too many great pictures

We hired Alive for our photography and videography needs for our November 2020 Cancun wedding. We got a hour coverage with our wedding package at the resort but I wasn't crazy about their quality from what I could see online so decided to pick a outside vendor. We couldn't have been happier with Alive. My husband's biggest complaint is that our house is now covered in wedding pictures since I honestly cannot pick favorites. All of our pictures came out stunning. The communication with this team is also outstanding. I had an issue with how I was sent our pictures, and was immediately contacted back with an entirely new platform they had been working on. It was so much easier and flexible to use. Amazing customer service!
    Ellesse Married on 09/18/2020

Amazing service

Had an awesome experience with our photographer. Especially David. There were some unexpected issues in our plans and he handled them with grace and ease. He captured the most amazing memories. We are so grateful.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 05/25/2019

Great Wedding Photographers

We hired Alive Photo Studio for our destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico in May 2019. We're from Toronto (Canada), so we were definitely nervous about hiring a vendor that we never met in person. We decided to hire them because of their reviews, photo/video quality and price. We ended up getting a great package (6 hours with 2 photographers and 2 videographers) for a very fair price.
    Marian was very responsive and answered all of our e-mails and concerns right away. In destination, the photographers/videographers were great to work with. They were so friendly, easy going and really calmed us when so many other things were going wrong (rain, start time delayed etc.) . They moved with the changes and were incredible.
    Nestor sent us our photos, slideshow and videos less than 6 weeks after our wedding. They turned out beautiful and we've received so many compliments. I would highly recommend the team at Alive Photo Studio.

Dear Lauren,
    Thank you so much for your amazing comments about our work and service. We're very glad you loved your wedding memories 'cause your satisfaction is finally our best reward! ;-)
    It was a pleasure to meet you guys and we enjoyed a lot working with you. Thanks a lot for your trust and our best wishes to you both!
  • Y
    Yelena Married on 05/12/2019

Amazing work and reasonable price!

Nestor and his assistant were phenomenal! They captured our wedding day perfectly. We could tell that Nestor had real passion for photography, and he did his best to capture every single moment and to make us happy. We were thrilled with the end result and would highly recommend Alive Photo Studio to capture your special moment!
    Jessica Married on 09/23/2018

Simply amazing !

Alive photo studio and David our main photographer were so great through out the whole experience . Very easy to communicate with , flexible and extremely helpful ! The quality of our pictures and the amazing shots they received of our wedding could not have been any better . I can not recommend them enough to any bride and groom out there . The pictures capture every single emotion through out the whole process . I had a certain vision for our pictures and they brought it all and more for myself . Pictures are one of the most important things for any wedding and we absolutely loved every one . Thank you so much Alive Photo Studio & David Rangel we couldn’t be any more thrilled and in love with our photos !
  • Veronica
    Veronica Married on 08/18/2018

Best Photographers in Cancun/Riviera Maya!

We hired ALIVE for our wedding at NOW Sapphire Riviera Cancun, and we know we couldn't have gotten a better Photographer for our Wedding! They were very reasonably priced, and our package gave us so much! We would highly recommend getting the 2x photographer/videographer option- it's worth every penny.
    The photographers were very professional & passionate about their work and make your wedding feel like the most important event of the year. They had very creative shots that captured the love and beauty of our wedding.
    Before the wedding we had pre-wedding meeting to discuss what to expect and also they wanted to know what were were looking to make sure they captured our vision, just through their lenses (and they delivered because the pictures just blew us away!) We threw a few last minute curveballs at them, and they came through, and without any bumps or problems. I knew we were in good hands. They were also very communicative and I never had to worry or guess on if the work was going to get done.
    Though our wedding seemed to be over in the blink of an eye, I have the beautiful photographs & video to remember every important detail!
    Save yourself a lot of stress, Chose ALIVE Photography for your event, you will NOT be disappointed!
    Katie Married on 07/14/2018
    Great quality and great price!. Nestor was great to work with. Timely and professional. Definitely recommend Alive Photo Studio. I did not get a chance to meet in person prior to our wedding date since this was a destination wedding, but everything turned out better than expected!

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Katie and Nicholas! Thanks for all those sweet words! And thanks a lot again for letting us being part of such an amazing day! Alive team wishes you and Nick all the best.
    Linda Married on 07/07/2018
    We hired Alive Photographers to capture our wedding in Cancun. They did such a wonderful job that left my husband and I speechless. The pictures turned out even better than I expected. They captured all our special moments. We would hire them again in a heartbeat. Thank you Nestor and Marian.

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thank you Linda for your nice words! It was a pleasure to capture your special day, but best of it, we're very happy that you loved your pics! Our best wishes for you both ;-)
    Jacque Married on 06/04/2018
    Mariana is wonderful to work with, very responsive and within a timely manner, even during the middle of the night! Thats what I call great customer service. Nestor's work is beautiful and I cant wait to see the outcome of my photos!
    Jacque Married on 06/04/2018
    Marian is wonderful to work with, very responsive and within a timely manner, even during the middle of the night! Thats what I call great customer service. Nestor's work is beautiful and I cant wait to see the outcome of my photos!
    Ben Married on 10/18/2017
    The Alive team is very professional and will work with you to achieve your dream! Nestor is brilliant and his work is outstanding. Marian is fantastic and is very speedy with her response. We are from England and this was the most daunting experience of all, to put the best day of your lives in someone else's hands that you haven't even met. By the time we went to Mexico we already knew Nestor and Marian really well. The day was fantastic, the pictures and video captured everything that we could imagine, its all brilliant.

Any questions that we had Marian answered them as soon as she could and she even went the extra mile to help us out!! We are over the moon with out photos, and the video that we have is like a film it is fantastic and puts a smile on our face every time we show people.

I would without a doubt definitely recommend Alive Photo Studio to capture your big day.

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Ben and Harriet: you guys are our new friends from England. We loved your vibe since we met. Polite, Kind, easygoing and friendly. And you also are a very cute couple. The Alive team had a great day capturing your big day and it was a real pleasure to work with you and make you guys feel really happy with your memories of your most important day. CHEERS!
    Catherine Married on 04/28/2017
    Nestor and Marian are just as amazing people as the AMAZING work they produce!!! They are seriously both incredible, so warm and friendly, and are just wonderful to work with! But their work truly speaks for itself and you can see all the passion and emotion in each picture!!!

I searched for weeks for a wedding photographer in the Cancun area and when I finally found Alive Photo Studio I was blown away. Right from the very beginning Marian was always there to help and answer all my questions. She was so QUICK to respond, extremely HELPFUL, and made me feel like I was her only customer. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult but Marian made it so easy! And Nestor is just as AWESOME! Once we meet him, we just knew we were in good hands. He is like a ninja! The day of the wedding I sometimes forgot he was even there because he was so discrete and he was able to capture the most precious moments from our wedding day.

And if that’s not enough we got our pictures all back in just a 3 weeks and our photos were just UNBELIEVABLE!! Seriously they looked like straight out of a magazine cover! I mean just BREATHTAKING and AMAZING!! I couldn’t be happier and I highly recommend Alive Photo Studios!!
    Theresa Married on 12/07/2016
    My husband and I were very happy with the services provided by ALIVE Photo Studio. Nestor was very responsive to all my questions leading up to the day and was very professional on the big day. I would definitely recommend them for any and all of your photography needs!

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Wow! Thanks a Lot Theresa! We really appreciate your kind words. Wish you guys all the best
  • User2796974 Event on: 09/24/2016
    They make us very entertained .
    They told me to take a very nice photo?
  • Charlene212
    Charlene Married on 07/09/2016
    I'm not sure how to put into words how amazing Nestor and Marian are.

I'm a type A person, before moving forward with Alive Photography I contacted close to 20 other vendors (no... i'm not kidding). I made a little excel spreadsheet and asked all my questions. However, no matter how many times I analyzed cost vs number of photos vs. location vs. transportation etc. I could not get the images of Alive Photography out of my head. The use of light and the emotions in the picture just took my breath away. Working with Alive is not your cheapest option, but trust me when I say you'll NEVER think you spent too much and will actually question how you got such amazing results and met such an amazing team at that price.

Marian is super friendly! S helped to set up the shoot & was an EPIC pleasure to communicate with. She answered all my questions very quickly and professionally. Nestor was the photographer. My fiance is a shy guy, doesn't talk very much and isn't very comfortable around people, but he warmed up to Nestor very quickly (which is key). Nestor worked over the hours that we were meant to just so we could get the perfect light....and we ended up with a picture that was absolutely breath taking because he did stay that extra time with us (and i'm not talking 15-20 minutes here, he really spent the extra time!).

I know I'm bouncing a lot in my review, but there's just too many good things to be said about him. His turn around time was SO QUICK, when I was doing my research I had some photographers tell me it would take 6-8 weeks to get my pictures... listen I'm not a patient woman, 2 months to get pictures is just TOO LONG especially for my engagement pictures that I want to send out for my save the dates within the next month! Nestor had them to me a little over a week (mailed from Mexico).

These guys are amazing, trust me you won't regret it! I could write more but weddingwire says I've hit my word limit :p!!

Hi Charlene!
    Wow! I just can't put into words how grateful and honored we feel with this amazing review! It was really a pleasure to work with you and Mathew! very kind, easygoing and my favorite: SO FUNNY!!!
    On behalf of ALIVE Photo Studio, we wish you guys all the best in this new jurney! You are an amazing couple and the photos really tells everything. It's like you together... simply FITS! ;) Well, thanks a lot for giving us the opportunity to capture this amazing moments between you and Matt... and for everything else!

-Nestor
    Vanessa Married on 07/02/2016
    If you are looking for a photographer near Cozumel I highly recommend Alive Photo Studio. Nestor was prompt on communication and did an amazing job within such a short time frame. My husband and I got married at Mr. Sancho's beach club. We arrived via cruise ship. We had about 6 hours to make everything work. He was able to get everything done and all the pictures that I wanted within our time frame. He even went out of his way to get a picture of my husband and I in front of the cruise ship (which I really wanted). Even though he wasn't allowed in the port - he found a way and got the picture. He was also very affordable. I received all of the originals and edited images via dropbox. The package that I purchased included 150 edited, but he doubled that amount because he was a couple of weeks later on getting them to me. He was so nice and easy to work with. He was interested in knowing us as a couple so he met us online via Skype the week before the wedding. He paid attention to detail and you could see it in the images. He deserves 5/5 stars! :)
    Laura Married on 06/10/2016
    Nestor photographed our destination wedding in Riviera Maya and the photos turned out perfect! He did a great job capturing our wedding ceremony and took beautiful couple and family pictures after the ceremony. We had a difficult time deciding on which pictures to choose for our package because they were all so great! I highly recommend using them for your wedding.

Thank you very much Laura! I had . Great time on your wedding! Say hi to Brian
    Lisa Married on 05/23/2016
    We are so happy that we chose Alive Studios for our wedding photographers. Firstly, they were easy to contact and Marian was super quick to respond to our emails with any questions that we had. Nestor and Carolina were absolutely amazing at our wedding and everyone kept commenting on how great they were. They were professional, fun, friendly and attentive. Our final pictures are absolutely amazing!!! Nestor has a unique eye for angles and lighting which created some unique and beautiful photos! There are so many photos that we love, we are having a hard time choosing which ones to put in our photo album because there are so many great ones! If you are looking for a creative, outgoing, unique photographer who will provide you with extraordinary pictures then book Nestor! We got way more than we imagined for our wedding and could not have had better photographers. Thank you Nestor!!!!
    Cynthia Married on 05/14/2016
    It is common for a little girl to always dream on their wedding day, from the white princess dresses, to the fireworks and first dance!. I know it was my dream while growing up and when it was my time to get into the princess dress I couldn't be naïve or cheap when it came down to photography because they are the ones who make mark those memories that forever will be remembered. That's why after so much researched I chose Alive Photography, Nestor and Caro did a tremendous job with my wedding!. I knew his pictures were amazing but when I saw mine I cried just like I did on the very moment when I said I do!. The pictures are just perfect. Nestor dedication and work is tremendous, you know when someone loves their job and loves what their doing when you get their final product back!. If your future husband makes your cry on your wedding day, I promise you Nestor will make you cry AGAIN once you receive your pictures!. ( good tears). My advice to any future bride, don't hesitate and choose ALIVE it is worth every penny!.

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thanks a lot Cynthia and Brian for this amazing words! We are glad your wedding was captured as you always dreamed! Wish you all the best!
    Melanie Married on 05/12/2016
    There are not enough words to explain how great Alive Photo Studio is! I originally found them on Instagram when searching for photographers, saw their amazing work, and then starting looking up their reviews. Every review was fantastic. I reached out to them and shortly received a reply from Marian. Communicating with Marian has been a joy! Not only does she respond SUPER quickly, but she is very helpful and truly cares! After looking into other companies, no one compared to Alive when it came to quality, quantity, and price. I felt they were very reasonable when comparing prices to other companies, especially when factoring in how much you get! They were also very accommodating when I wanted to make some changes with what was included in the photo package (instead of a trash-the-dress session, I exchanged it for an extra hour of photo coverage). Nestor met with us a couple days before the wedding to go over everything along with Fer, the videographer that they work with. My husband and I immediately felt like we had been friends with them forever, easily making connections with both of them. You can immediately tell that Nestor and Fer are very invested in what they do. They made sure to touch base on things that were important to us that we absolutely wanted coverage on and gathered all the details to make sure the day went smoothly. Our final products have been BREATHTAKING! We honestly could not be more pleased with our pictures and our wedding video! Alive works with another company for their videos, but the fact that they work with such an upstanding company says a lot about them also! Our pictures look UNREAL and the video looks like a movie! Everyone who has seen our pics and video has been extremely impressed! Not to mention, Nestor had a lot of work cut out for him with my husband's sunburnt forehead. He did an outstanding job with editing the photos- sunburn is gone! Do not hesitate with going with Alive! They are the best of the best!