Alison Scott Hair Reviews

31 | Philadelphia, PA

31 Reviews for Alison Scott Hair

Sarah Tantoco · Married on 10/05/2019

So happy with my hair on my wedding day!

Alison was so sweet and a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive to my initial inquiry as well as with all our follow up communication. When I had my trial I felt like she immediately got the look I was going for and I left very pleased with the styles we’d tried out. On the wedding day itself Alison created beautiful styles for my two bridesmaids and recreated my favorite updo from our trial perfectly. My hair didn’t budge the entire night and I got so many compliments on it.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Alison Scott Hair's reply:

Sarah you are the sweetest, thank you so much for your review! I loved helping you get ready, you were such a beautiful bride!!!!
  • Jenell

Jenell · Married on 05/11/2019

Alison is the perfect hair stylist for your wedding!

Alison is so amazing! She is talented, efficient, super sweet and generally fun to be around. I had two bridal trials with her. After the first, I realized that I didn't quite feel like myself with my hair up and Alison was so accommodating / understanding. She quickly put me into her schedule for a second appointment, which I ended up loving. On the day of our wedding I absolutely LOVED my hair. I wanted it pretty simple, down and curled - which she delivered in an outstanding way! My style stayed in all day and late into the night, something that doesn't typically happen for me! I was impressed! My bridesmaids also loved what she did with their hair as well! She brought along Kyle as her assistant and both of them were so talented and so nice to have around. I would definitely recommend them both.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Alexis · Married on 09/28/2018

Alison was absolutely AMAZING! She was so sweet and aslso nailed all of my bridesmaids hairstyles! I let them all choose what they wanted and Alison was not only fast, but did exactly what each girl wanted and we were all amazed! My hair also looked beautiful and held all day/night. I couldn't be happier choosing Alison I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants any hairstyle for any occasion.

Sent on 10/12/2018
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/22/2018

Alison was a true pleasure to work with and made my bridesmaids (who both wanted drastically different hairstyles) look AMAZING. This is actually the first wedding I've been a part of where the bridesmaids don't secretly hate their hairstyles. If you're on the fence, don't be, book her!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Brandy · Married on 09/15/2018

Fast , efficient . Great personalities! I would hire them everyday if I could!

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2018

Alison Scott is so professional, patient, flexible and creative. I wish she could be my personal hairstylist. She’s down-to-earth, affable and her pricing is reasonable. Absolutely amazing experience with her. Highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Deborah · Married on 06/30/2018

Alison was phenomenal! I was lucky enough to find Alison after having a little hair emergency with another vendor. My previous vendor was unable to do our wedding due to a miscommunication, which left me without a hair stylist for my wedding only 2 months before the big day. I was lucky enough to find Alison through another vendor who highly recommended her. It was a perfect match! Alison was beyond gracious, helpful, fun, reassuring and not to mention insanely talented. I went to her studio for a trial and left, in love with the hair style she came up with for the wedding day! Alison did an outstanding job on my bridesmaids hair as well as my own. She has a unique style and can do it all! She was able to do more traditional styles for those who wanted them and then also come up with beautiful, funky unique hairdo's for those who wanted something a little different but still wedding appropriate. Definitely will be using her for other events in the future and if you're lucky enough to book with her, do it- so worth it!

Sent on 07/03/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

Alison was amazing and such a delight to work with on my wedding day! Throughout the planning process, she was super responsive and returned all of my emails within several hours, helped to make a timeline for the 11 ladies whose hair was getting done, had the best attitude, and not to mention did a wonderful job actually doing my hair and my bridesmaids/ family members. Thanks again Alison!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

carol · event on: 04/30/2018

Alison is an exceptional hair stylist - she gives a personal signature to ordinary styles. The girls at the salon where Alison worked in upstate NY and I call it "Ali-fied"... she is truly an artist. I love the cuts she gives me - she is warm and full of sunshine, just a pleasure to be around!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Monica · Married on 12/16/2017

Alison was amazing! She knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding! My hair was stunning and lasted all day and all night! My bridesmaids were gorgeous and she was able to work with all lengths of hair to create the same look on everyone! I hope I have another event soon where I can book her for her amazing talent!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2017

I can not say enough great things about Alison!! She was so wonderful & gave me the exact wedding look I wanted. She even made sure to stay the extra 20 minutes to make sure I like it once my whole look was together. So wonderful. I loved her!!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2017

Sent on 10/30/2017

Jade · Married on 09/02/2017

Alison did my bridal hair, as well as all my bridesmaids' hair and both the mothers. She was incredibly helpful and responsive! She happily answered all my anxious questions, reviewed hair pieces with me, and created a stunning updo for me as well as amazing styles for all the other ladies in my wedding. I received so many compliments on everyone's hair, the pictures looked amazing, AND most impressively, when the wedding was over at 2am our hair STILL looked amazing, with only a few wisps coming out, despite all the dancing I'd done! Thank you Alison! I highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Caitlin · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough about Alison Sileo! I met her serendipitously after seeing another wedding she did at my venue, Firelight Camps, and after touching base with her she happened to have just moved back to Philadelphia, where I'm based as well! We met and immediately connected a I knew she was the perfect person to handle hair for myself, my maids and the mothers. She came all the way up to Ithaca, NY from Philly for the weekend and did such an amazing job on everyone's hair. During the trial, I loved so many things she did with my hair, so we worked to create the perfect look by combining different styles the day of, and it literally came out perfect! No to mention that my hair didn't move literally an ounce all day. I was so tired that night that I fell asleep, woke up and my hair still looked great, so I wore it that way to brunch! That's what every bride hopes for. When I got my pictures back, I couldn't believe how great my hair looked when photographed as well. She is a true talent and a gem of a person to work with as well. I'm a wedding planner myself, and I can say that you will not regret hiring Alison Sileo!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Diana · Married on 10/22/2016

Alison was the most incredible! She was so professional, flexible, and friendly on my wedding day. I had a big wedding party and a limited time frame, and received a LOT of feedback that I should have more than one stylist. Having faith in her abilities to fit us all in, I did not follow people's advice, and indeed she rose above the task and styled all of our hair with ease, relaxation, with never a sense of rush. Everyone looked incredible, including my bridesmaids, flower girls, mother in law and me (the bride)! She also recommended her brother, which made planning from long distance an easy process. Alison contributed to such a special day with her kindness, enthusiasm, and overall relaxed tempo, while doing a job more than well done! Thanks for being part of our day Alison!! Warmest regards- Diana C.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Cait · Married on 09/24/2016

Alison was an absolute sweetheart and a dream to work with! She nailed the execution of the hairstyles that my bridal party requested, and also was able to create a beautiful style for me as well. I have super thick, curly, and unruly hair, but Alison still made my braided hairstyle work perfectly! Alison was also very flexible when our entire bridal party was running behind setting up that day, and was an absolute pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend her services to any bride looking for a stylist!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Heather · Married on 07/26/2016

I can not say enough good things about Alison!!! She has been doing my hair for years, from haircuts to proms, but this was by far the most important day. She took her time to discuss what I wanted and looked at an endless amount of pictures to help me decide what hairstyle would work best for me, my dress and the beach elements. She is very open to ideas and makes you feel comfortable to tell her what you think during the trial. On the day of she made me feel so special! I have very long and very thick hair, that other hair dressers have complained about having to do, but Ali didn't mention once that it would be a struggle. When I looked in the mirror for the first time I was so excited and I felt like a celebrity. It was perfect!! Not one strand of hair was out of place the entire night! She even made a custom hair clip for me. I would recommend Alison Sileo to anyone looking for a professional that will make you feel like a million bucks on the best day of your life!!

Sent on 08/18/2016

carly · Married on 07/23/2016

Alison is exactly the type of person you want to work with on your wedding day. She is sweet, professional, and VERY talented!! I loved what she did with my hair. I showed her one picture and she reproduced it just as I wanted. She also did all of my bridesmaids hair *and* was even able to fit in my MIL and SIL at the last minute. All of my girls were thrilled with their hair and commented on how sweet Alison is. Our hairstyles held up all day (despite the 90+ degree heat) and we all received compliments.

If you're planning your wedding now, you know how important it is to work with people who are organized, responsive, and reliable, and Alison was all of those things. We had great communication and she was really willing to be flexible in order to accommodate my crazy wedding day schedule.

I'm not from the area (Ithaca), so I just took a shot on contacting Alison and I feel SO LUCKY that I did and that she was available. I highly recommend her and would definitely work with her again!!

Thank you Alison!

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • F

FRANCES · Married on 07/17/2016

Wonderful experience! Alison was responsive, caring, helpful, and did my hair beautifully. She really listened to what I wanted and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Sent on 06/19/2017
  • I

Irina · Married on 07/16/2016

What can I say? Alison was crucial to making my wedding day the best day of my life. Out of the numerous places I contacted in the area, she was the only to reply, and she replied fast. Friendly, accommodating, and excited, she was super easy to book and ended up being the perfect stylist for me! Even tough I didn't do a trial, she was able to work from pictures I showed her the day of, and arrived with plenty of time to make sure my hair was exactly how I wanted. I showed her one picture of a style I liked -- and the way she worked with that photo made the end result better than I even imagined! She made the style well suited for me, and added in the features I liked. Seriously, it was the style of my dreams and I didn't even know it until I saw the final look! She did the hair of the MOH and the two mothers as well and everyone was very pleased! In the end, I received dozens of compliments, was utterly in love with it myself and am completely satisfied with all aspects of Alison's service! If this reads like a glowing review it's because it is! Book her -- you won't regret it.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Meghan · Married on 07/09/2016

Alison was amazing to work with on my wedding day! Since we live in Virginia and our wedding was in Ithaca I was not able to meet up with her for a trial run before hand but she talked me through her whole process and I felt more than comfortable just running through things! Alison did my five bridesmaids, my mom, my mother in law, and my hair in about 6 hours. Everyone LOVED their hair. She created styles that matched the pinterest pictures they showed her but lasted all day and were actually suitable for everyone's different type of hair. My hair was the best! It was seriously perfect. I have never had an updo that has held that well and was so comfortable. Thank you!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Renata · Married on 06/19/2016

Alison is very talented and sweet. I had a hard time deciding the hairstyle for my wedding and she was very patient.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Nadine · Married on 09/26/2015

Alison did an amazing job! I contacted several different salons before finding Alison, each time the response took a long time and their response was generic or stiff. Once I found Alison things were smooth sailing! She was responsive and laid back and so flexible! We met beforehand for a hair trial and she made sure that my hair was exactly what I was imagining for my big day. The day of the event she came to my venue with plenty of time to do my hair and all of my bridesmaids. She fit right in and made the experience fun and so relaxed! I loved my hair but I also LOVED all of my bridesmaids hair she did such a good job of fitting the style of my wedding and of each individual girl! I would recommend Alison to anyone looking for quality hair service with a flexible, laid back feel yet a professional and polished outcome.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Mary · Married on 09/19/2015

I am so thankful that I had Alison as my hairstylist on my wedding day! I had originally booked a formal salon to do my hair for the wedding but ended up very unhappy with my trial run. I was scrambling to find a different stylist and luckily I found Alison online and she was available on my wedding day! My trial run with her went perfectly and I ended up cancelling the salon and booking Alison instead. On the actual wedding day I completely changed the style I wanted and Alison executed everything flawlessly. My mother also made a last minute decision to have her hair done on the wedding day and she quickly adjusted the schedule to accommodate her. We had some extra time left over and Alison gave myself and my bridesmaids a touch up before the ceremony. Beyond being a talented stylist she is also extremely pleasant, easy to work with, and has a calming energy about her - which I think every bride needs on her wedding day! She is a true professional and I would highly recommend her to anyone. Thank you Alison!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2015

Alison is beyond amazing. After endless searching for a talented stylist in the area I came across Alison's profile where she had recently relocated to the Finger Lakes. I was so excited she was available for our September 5th wedding. Alison is responsive, professional and most of all so genuinely kind. She was so nice responding to my almost weekly emails and super confusing bridebrain. We had a blast, we laughed, she even helped me find a make up artist! My hair and all of my bridal party, and moms looked fantastic. Everyone's hair looked stunning and stayed throughout the night, with loads of dancing involved.

I will always thank Alison for all she did for me on my wedding day, making me feel so beautiful, more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

I would recommend Alison for party hair, wedding, special events, you name it she's your girl.

Sent on 01/02/2016