A Loving Unity Officiant Reviews

21 | Rutland, MA

21 Reviews for A Loving Unity Officiant

• Y

Yvette · Married on 10/04/2014

Virginia was the Officiant at my son and daughter in laws wedding on October 4. Virginia was professional, knowledgeable, and very friendly during the rehearsal, as well as the wedding ceremony. She personalized the ceremony, speaking of the bride and groom, in such a way that was very emotional. We were either smiling, or on the edge of tears during the service. Virginia made a very special day for our families even more special. We couldn't have asked for anything more from an Officiant.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Alicia · Married on 09/28/2014

Ginny was a wonderful officiant at a wedding I was in for a close friend. She kept everything organized and on time. I would highly recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 10/22/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/27/2014

Jinny is very upbeat, professional, caring & open. She did a fantastic Wedding Ceremony;
    it was very personal & romantic! She also helped out after the Ceremony & at the Reception, which kept this Bride from becoming frazzled! I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Matt · Married on 06/14/2014

Virginia was wonderful. She is well-spoken, wise, kind, funny, very knowledgeable, and experienced. She made the wedding very special for all of us.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Cynthia · Married on 06/02/2012

Our ceremony was great, it was on a rainy day outside and Virginia actually helped us rearrange seating and the setup when she got there and it was perfect. Communication was great all responses were very quick. Had a great day and she has some great ideas that you may not think about beforehand.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Ann · Married on 04/07/2012

Virginia was amazing!!!! In constant contact with my husband and I, via Skype since we're from Canada and they are between the East coast & Florida. Always keeping us up to date and giving us great tips (like getting the cake from Publix). We had so many compliments about the lovely ceremony and how personal and intimate it was! Thank you for being a big part of my dream wedding!!! A. Boucher-Hall

Sent on 05/13/2012

A Loving Unity Officiant's reply:

It was a pleasure and honor to work with you! We take pride in our work and in making your day as special as it should be. We hope you keep contact with us in the future, give us a jingle when you are in our area again! Blessings to you both for a very long, happy, marriage.

Lauren · Married on 05/22/2010

I cannot put into words how wonderful Reverend Bishop is. The ceremony was SO VERY AMAZING and everyone loved it. Her demeanor is fabulous and she felt like a lifelong friend of ours from the first meeting. I am amazed by her and her ideas for the day were "us" through and through. Our day was spectacular because the most important part, the actual ceremony, was phenomenal. Reverend Bishop didn't stop there - she made sure my mother (who was ill with a recent heart procedure) was taken care of and even helped organized the gift bags alphabetically for us which was over and above! If you want to see pictures of the ceremony, please feel free to email me at lauren.petrigala@gmail.com. Enjoy your planning!

Sent on 08/26/2010

Tonia · Married on 05/21/2010

We found Rev. Virginia and Rev. Dave through Tammy at Special Moments. Rev. Virginia worked hand and hand with me to organize and prepare our ceremony. She also completed our one-on-one pre-marriage course with my husband and I. She made us feel very relaxed and comfortable discussing things we had not thought of ourselves. She also provided us with great ceremony ideas to make our ceremony special and unique. Rev. Dave preformed our ceremony and even provided his services at the rehearsal. I was very impressed with his dedication to make sure the ceremony went smoothly. Thank you

Sent on 06/10/2010

A Loving Unity Officiant's reply:

It was a true honor to officiate your wedding!
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 12/12/2009

Reverend Bishop was very professional, gracious, and creative with our recent beach wedding. Our day was so incredibly perfect in so many ways. We could not have picked a better Officiant for our spectacular day! Thank you Reverend Bishop for your kindness, taking the time to work with us and help us plan the perfect ceremony, and for having such amazing ideas! You and your husband are wonderful!! Once again, thank you!!

Sent on 01/20/2010

A Loving Unity Officiant's reply:

Thank you! It was an honor for me to officiate your wedding!!!

Erin · Married on 11/08/2009

Since we were having a beach wedding, we wanted something a little more casual. Rev. Bishop was able to customize our ceremony to our wants and needs. They were wonderful!

Sent on 11/16/2009

A Loving Unity Officiant's reply:

Thank you!!! Customizing your wedding was what we took pride in! Thank you for the opportunity to work with you!

Kelly · Married on 03/21/2009

Thrilled. My first officiant canceled two weeks before the wedding but Rev. Bishop was wonderful and I knew we were in good hands right away.

Sent on 03/26/2009

Tammy · Married on 09/28/2008

Jinny is awesome! Her personality is so friendly and welcoming. She really gets to know you as much as possible upfront and pays attention to detail when helping you decide on your vows. Her voice is perfect especially in an outdoor wedding or a room without a sound system. You can count on all your guests hearing her express the love in the air as she brings the bride and groom together on their special day. I'd highly recommend Jinny for your ceremony and remember, after all your officiant is the one that seals the two becoming one! Don't cut corners on your ceremony. Think about what impression you want for your wedding and how special the memory you want to leave for all your family and friends help you celebrate this day forward. You can count on Jinny for being honest and such a breath of fresh air. Let me tell you, when this day finally arrives and the anxiety you have on this day, she sets the tone! She truly puts her heart into being special as if it was her own wedding day.

Sent on 04/05/2009

Steven · Married on 04/10/2008

Loving Unity were great to work with and we would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 02/21/2009

Jenny · Married on 10/13/2007

Rev. Bishop was wonderful! Her ideas were beyond what we could think of. She made our ceremony unique to us, but added details that made it even better! She involved all the guests that came. She was great!!

Sent on 09/03/2008

Jaclyn · Married on 06/24/2010

Jinny did a wonderful job making our ceremony unqiue and beautiful!

Sent on 09/06/2010

Billie · Married on 02/14/2009

I was a winner of the Valentines Contest and I have to say I could not have been more pleased. Everything was wonderful! I was provided with everything a bride needs and everyone was kind and generous. I would definatly recomend Loving Unity and the many vendors who worked together to provide the best wedding day ever. Please allow these lovely people help you make the best day from cake providers, photographer, location, and much more. I put confidence in them and you shopuld to. Thanks for the blessing and going over and beyound to make this day special.

Sent on 02/17/2009

nicole · Married on 09/14/2019

Rev Bishop was great on our wedding day. She delivered a great service for our wedding day.

Sent on 08/26/2009

A Loving Unity Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much! It was truly an honor to officiate your wedding!

Lourdes · Married on 09/30/2011

3.5

Rev. David Bishop performed our ceremony for our beach wedding. He and his wife Rev. Jinny did a wonderful job customizing our ceremony to fit our theme and our personalities...everyone seemed to enjoy the funny moments throughout our ceremony.

Sent on 10/04/2011

A Loving Unity Officiant's reply:

It was an honor and pleasure to work with you in creating a beautiful wedding ceremony. We wish you the very best for a very long and happy marriage! May you be blessed!
  • Smiles

Jennifer · Married on 07/17/2010

3.8
      2.5

As we started the process of selecting an officiant it appeared that this was the perfect officiant for us. As we approached our wedding day it continued to appear that way. On our special day we were a little surprised at how nervous the officiant appeared to us and our guests.

Sent on 08/13/2010

A Loving Unity Officiant's reply:

Sorry Rev. Bishop seemed nervous, he was probably just still shakey a bit from the major cancer surgery he had just 4 weeks before. He had committed to officiate the wedding, so even tho he may have not been 100% himself, he followed through with his commitment. We take pride in our customized weddings, and in keeping our couples happy.

Carolyn · Married on 04/28/2011

3.2
      3.0

Jinny is a very nice officiant. We got married on the beach- eloped actually. She brought her Husband and another woman with her to help with the music and to be our witnesses. She also drove my car from the hotel to the beach so I could arrive after my Husband and the photographer. She also surprised us with some champagne and a card afterwards. She was helpful with the vows and during the ceremony she spoke clear enough for the video to capture the moment of our vows. I did have a hard time getting a hold of her via email since I am from out of town so I did panic a couple times wondering if I needed to find another officiant. It helped with having a smart phone so I would text her and received responses much quicker.
    thanks Jinny

Sent on 05/16/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2009

2.4
      2.0
      2.0
      0.0

My husband and I chose Loving Unity, to officiate our wedding in October of 2009. We found them (a husband and wife pair of ministers) to be very sweet and proactive during the planning process.

It became obvious to us at our rehearsal dinner that communication between his wife (the primary business content) and our officient was lacking, as he frequently referred to the seating of "the mother of the bride" and "the groom's parents"... all of whom were deceased. In fact, we had a memorial toast and prayer planned that he was to read at our reception. We found it surprising that he was not well informed of the sensitive subject of our parents.

On the day of our wedding, our officient was very kind, but obviously unprepared for our ceremony. He stumbled over his words and often lost his place in its reading. At the end of the ceremony, I actually had to lean in and provide a cue, "may he kiss the bride"? Still, he was very sweet and seemed genuinely kind. Perfection was not expected and he may have been a bit nervous. Initially, we did not wish to post our dissatisfaction, as we had no desire to nit-pick or hurt any feelings.

Our greatest concerns with Loving Unity occurred more recently after our wedding. They contacted me asking for photographs of myself with my bouquet, as well as that of my mother's image for use on her blog. In two seperate email exchanges I made it VERY clear that we did not want our images to be used on their blog or any other promotional materials. Despite my very clear instructions and their expression of understanding, Loving Unity ignored our wishes, using these images without my permission, only cropping out faces for privacy. My husband and I found this dishonest and intrusive, especially given our communications beforehand. Based on our experience, Loving Unity has placed a greater priority on marketing and self promotion, rather than satisfaction of a customer.

I have left a phone message for Loving Unity, repeating our request, stating that we wish to have our photos removed from their blog. The photos are currently listed under the title "Sweet memories of mom..." I will be interested to see if they finally respect our wishes. My hope is that they will demonstrate greater consideration and honesty with their future customers should you choose to employ their services.

Sent on 11/22/2009