Claire Miller, Justice of the Peace

Grafton, MA View map

Welcome!

Whether you are planning a celebration far in advance, eloping, want to renew your vows, or just want to "make it legal," you deserve an officiant who will take the time to craft a ceremony that suits your style and, most importantly, helps to make your ceremony unforgettable.

I appreciate weddings of all kinds -- traditional, unconventional, humorous, serious, planned down to the detail, or spur of the moment. It is your day...anything goes. At the end of the day, it is your love for each other that matters most.

I embrace same-gender and opposite-gender marriages with absolute equality.

I am a lifelong resident of Massachusetts and am honored to be a Justice of the Peace. The first wedding I ever officiated was that of my sister and, right away, I knew it was something I wanted more of. I have felt truly fortunate to be a part of a couple's most important day. My passion for performance and creative writing, and my strict sense of responsibility, make me a Justice that a couple can feel comfortable choosing.

I am honored to unite and and all couples in love.

I have been an educator of Deaf/Hard of Hearing children for almost 15 years years and am fluent in American Sign Language. I am a MA state screened/approved ASL Interpreter. I have officiated weddings, large and small, for several Deaf couples in ASL or signed supported English, depending on personal language preference.

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$75

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

MA

Bridgit M. Married on 11/06/2021

Professional and Personal

Amazing! She incorporated whatever we wanted and all with refinery. We couldn't have asked for a better JP.
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 06/05/2021

Hire Claire! She will deliver!

Claire crafted the most beautiful ceremony for my husband and I. She put so much thought and effort into it, and really personalized it. She made us and our guests smile, laugh, and cry tears of joy. We couldn’t have asked for any better. Thank you for making our ceremony so special to us, Claire.
  • Roger
    Roger B. Married on 05/27/2021

Just fantastic

Claire is wonderful. We asked her for a simple ceremony, and it was beautiful. The vows that she had for us were wonderful. You will be very happy if you choose Claire to officiant your wedding.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning Wedding Invitations

I met Claire at a rehearsal for a wedding I was planning and instantly understood why my clients couldn't stop raving about her. That ceremony was so beautifully executed and such care went into it that I immediately knew that Claire would be the first justice of the peace I referred clients to, and the person I would have officiate my own wedding. When that time came, it was very spur-of-the-moment, and I emailed her on a Sunday to see if she were available 11 days after that, on what would be the 9th anniversary of our first date. She was! (If she hadn't been, we would have waited or sped it up; that's how much we wanted Claire.) Even though the ceremony included just the three of us (because her dog, Bear, stubbornly refused to follow through with his best-man duties), it was obvious that Claire had put as much thought and care into our ceremony as one she worked on for months. She pays such close attention to every detail that she is able to capture her couples perfectly and make it seem as if she's known them forever. I have friends who have attended weddings that she has officiated, and every one of them has marveled at her ability to convey just the right tone and make everyone involved feel as if he is part of something special. If you want a perfect and unforgettable wedding, call Claire. You will be glad you did.

Documenting Life's Moments Documenting Life's Moments Wedding Photographers

Claire has the great quality of being able to really connect with people. Her sincere nature and grace will compliment any type ceremony. She is easy to work with and is a wonderful communicator. I highly recommend her as a Justice of the Peace.

Grafton, 01519
Location of (Claire Miller, Justice of the Peace)

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding