Grafton, MA 01519 Map · Phone number

About Claire Miller, Justice of the Peace

Welcome!

Whether you are planning a celebration far in advance, eloping, want to renew your vows, or just want to "make it legal," you deserve an officiant who will take the time to craft a ceremony that suits your style and, most importantly, helps to make your ceremony unforgettable.

I appreciate weddings of all kinds -- traditional, unconventional, humorous, serious, planned down to the detail, or spur of the moment. It is your day...anything goes. At the end of the day, it is your love for each other that matters most.

I embrace same-gender and opposite-gender marriages with absolute equality.

I am a lifelong resident of Massachusetts and am honored to be a Justice of the Peace. The first wedding I ever officiated was that of my sister and, right away, I knew it was something I wanted more of. I have felt truly fortunate to be a part of a couple's most important day. My passion for performance and creative writing, and my strict sense of responsibility, make me a Justice that a couple can feel comfortable choosing.

I am honored to unite and and all couples in love.

I have been an educator of Deaf/Hard of Hearing children for almost 15 years years and am fluent in American Sign Language. I am a MA state screened/approved ASL Interpreter. I have officiated weddings, large and small, for several Deaf couples in ASL or signed supported English, depending on personal language preference.

Follow Claire Miller, Justice of the Peace on

Claire Miller, Justice of the Peace 6
Claire Miller, Justice of the Peace 7

Chelsea · Married on 11/10/2018

Everything I ever wanted

Claire was everything I hoped for in an officiant. She really got to know us and presented such a fun and heartfelt officiating. She created such a beautiful atmosphere and was just amazing. Love her to pieces.

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Ceremony!

Working with Claire was one of the highlights of our wedding. She is truly a wonderful person and really takes the time to get to know you as a couple. Claire provided a questionnaire for my husband and I to fill out to be used in the ceremony; we decided to keep it a secret and hear it for the first time at the wedding. We absolutely loved what Claire created and we are still receiving compliments about our ceremony and how personal it was. We cannot thank Claire enough!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Aubrey · Married on 09/01/2018

Can't Thank Claire Enough!!!

I would definitely recommend Claire for your ceremony !!! She is so organized and really guided us through the entire process of putting together our ceremony. She provides so many resources, readings etc. She opened up her home (home office) to meet with us and was flexible, meeting on a Sunday morning, she even emailed me when she was on her family vacation! The ceremony was exactly hat we wanted even through we had no idea what we wanted! Not to mention she is so calm and collected she really brought such an amazing energy to the ceremony.

Sent on 01/10/2019

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 75.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Bilingual
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? MA

• Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning
    Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning Wedding Invitations

I met Claire at a rehearsal for a wedding I was planning and instantly understood why my clients couldn't stop raving about her. That ceremony was so beautifully executed and such care went into it that I immediately knew that Claire would be the first justice of the peace I referred clients to, and the person I would have officiate my own wedding. When that time came, it was very spur-of-the-moment, and I emailed her on a Sunday to see if she were available 11 days after that, on what would be the 9th anniversary of our first date. She was! (If she hadn't been, we would have waited or sped it up; that's how much we wanted Claire.) Even though the ceremony included just the three of us (because her dog, Bear, stubbornly refused to follow through with his best-man duties), it was obvious that Claire had put as much thought and care into our ceremony as one she worked on for months. She pays such close attention to every detail that she is able to capture her couples perfectly and make it seem as if she's known them forever. I have friends who have attended weddings that she has officiated, and every one of them has marveled at her ability to convey just the right tone and make everyone involved feel as if he is part of something special. If you want a perfect and unforgettable wedding, call Claire. You will be glad you did.

• Documenting Life's Moments
    Documenting Life's Moments Wedding Photographers

Claire has the great quality of being able to really connect with people. Her sincere nature and grace will compliment any type ceremony. She is easy to work with and is a wonderful communicator. I highly recommend her as a Justice of the Peace.

• Grafton, 01519 See on map