A Beautiful Ceremony NW Reviews

A Beautiful Ceremony NW 1
A Beautiful Ceremony NW 2
A Beautiful Ceremony NW 3

Kymberly · Married on 09/22/2018

Jim and I were very blessed to have Steve Sharp, with A Beautiful Ceremony NW, fly to Nashville, Tennessee to marry us.
    It may seem odd to have someone fly half way across the country to do our ceremony, but we would do it again. We had a small intimate wedding with 30 people consisting of close personal friends and family. The right fit for our small group was important and
    Steve came highly recommended.
    So I took a chance on him without meeting him face to face, prior to his arrival in Nashville, the day before our wedding.
    Steve is warm, kind, funny and professional, he kept in contact with our wedding planner, my finace' and me by email and phone during the planning process.
    He gave suggestions when I asked questions, offering information on the process of obtaining a marriage license and he worked with us on the wording of our marriage vows.
    If you are looking for someone to conduct your wedding ceremony, without hesitation I recommend Steve Sharp and I have no doubt you will be happy with your decision as well.

Shawna · Married on 08/18/2018

Steve was the perfect officiant for us. He went above and beyond in making sure our ceremony was tailored to us. He was quick to answer emails with any questions or changes we had. I would highly recommend him !

Christine · Married on 08/04/2018

Steve was amazing to work with and made the planning of our ceremony a breeze. He let us be in control of the type of ceremony we wanted and was open to all of our input and feedback. We said we wanted a very short and sweet ceremony and he delivered exactly that - we loved that he created a ceremony with a mix of our personal story plus some of his own helpful marriage antidotes and stories. We would 100% recommend Steve to anyone looking for an officiant in the PNW!

lacey · Married on 07/21/2018

Steve was an absolute joy to work with, he created a beautiful ceremony that was exactly what we wanted! He was incredibly responsive, professional, and threw in the perfect amount of humor :) We highly recommend using A Beautiful Ceremony NW!!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

Awww... thanks so much for those kind words, Lacey! It was an absolute pleasure working with you guys on personalizing your ceremony, and I loved being a part of your joyous celebration! :-)

Pamela · Married on 07/14/2018

He listened to every request, learned a new tradition (a ketubah signing) and made our ceremony perfect in every way! We were so lucky to have him marry us! He made us feel as if we had known him for years!

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2018

Steve was great! He answers all emails quickly. He was professional. He did a great job in the ceremony!

Amanda · Married on 07/01/2018

Steve was such a wonderful officiant to work with! He helped us out so that our day was very special and everything we dreamed of! Steve went above and beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied with how we wanted the ceremony to go! He has a great personality and comfort about him that made the whole ceremony very enjoyable for all. And very prompt in after the wedding on filing our licensing with all the leagal processing! Couldn't be more happy with Steve from a beautiful ceremony NW!

Austin · Married on 06/30/2018

Leslie did a wonderful job helping making our wedding as great as it was. Very helpful, responsive and did an outstanding job with our bilingual wedding. The blend for Spanish and English during the service was very smooth!

Sunny · Married on 06/30/2018

You will surely hear of Steve's name from other vendor (for us it was from our photographer), and we are so glad to have Steve to officiate our wedding! Right from the get go he was extremely professional, friendly, and responsive. He has been very helpful, explaining in detail how a ceremony will/can go and what options / elements we can incorporate into our ceremony (many great ideas on unity ceremony, readings, our love story etc). He has many great suggestions so we were able to customize the ceremony to every single detail and make it very personalized! Also Steve is very experienced, and you can tell you are in good hand at the day of, which is very important given all the jitters you surely will have right before the ceremony :) Per our request he made our ceremony fun and memorable. He has definitely made our wedding better ! Highly recommended!

Danika · Married on 06/22/2018

Steve was an amazing officiant! When we emailed Steve, we wanted to meet the next day as I was flying out of town (I was in town just for wedding planning), and he answered immediately and setup an in-person meeting with us for the next morning. At our in-person meeting, Steve asked questions to get to know us, and he was really personable. He was easy to communicate with throughout and he nailed our ceremony from the very first draft he sent over. He did a great job at the wedding, and even threw in some jokes that had our guests laughing. We hands-down recommend Steve to officiate your wedding. He is truly amazing!

Amara · Married on 06/09/2018

Steve did a wonderful job! We were coordinating our entire wedding from out of state and he was able to meet with us over Skype and trade emails back and forth. It's exactly what we needed! He is super professional, laid back, and many of our other vendors had worked with him before as well. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 06/12/2018

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

Thanks so much, Amara. I had such a great time working with you guys, and I absolutely LOVED your personal vows! :-)

Lindsey · Married on 06/09/2018

Leslie was absolutely AMAZING!! She was quick to respond to any email, which was so important to us! She was very helpful with any questions we had (no matter how many times I needed to be reassured or ask the smallest of questions). She was so great to work with! The ceremony she put together was beyond what we wanted! She made it personal to us as a couple; she even included some humor which was what we wanted without having to ask! We felt like she asked the right questions to get to know us as a couple! At the ceremony she had everything organized and even held on to our vows so we didn’t have to have our best man and maid of honor do it! She was very patient after the ceremony waiting for us to sign the marriage certificate while I had trouble bustling my dress! We had several of our guests tell us how amazing she spoke! We couldn’t be happier having Leslie apart of our day! She is a genuinely nice and happy person who brings the perfect vibe to your wedding day! Book her!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

Thank you for that wonderful review, Lindsey! It means a lot to me to hear that you were so happy with the ceremony. I feel really good that I was able to help launch the festivities with a ceremony that was meaningful to you and Andrew. Thanks and congrats again! :-) Leslie

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

Steve was very quick to respond to our initial email inquiry, and he was very flexible when scheduling an in-person appointment. He had helpful tips for writing our own vows and optional ceremony ideas. He clearly communicated with us and with our day-of coordinator. He even had a spare PA system with him when the one we rented wasn't working on the wedding day! He is a warm and lovely person, and we really enjoyed having him as our officiant.

A Beautiful Ceremony NW 4

Richard · Married on 04/16/2018

I can not express how happy we were with Steve and Leslie's services.
    My wife and I had already had our nuptial ceremony with friends/family out of the country and had been meaning to make things 'official' in the eyes of the government. We were visiting Portland on a long weekend and made a spur of the moment decision to try to get this done, however we were slightly deterred given the difficulty of this...it's not nearly as easy as it seems on the movies to do a 'courthouse marriage' (in case you're wondering, involves getting filing for the paperwork from one courthouse and then calling a judge to make an appointment in a separate courthouse in the weeks/months to come...not the same day, the clerk actually scoffed at our question).
    But then Steve came to the rescue!! We stumbled upon his website, gave him a call and within an hour were had a lovely little ceremony with the two of us, Steve and two witnesses he wrangled up in that short period of time (his wife and a friend who ran a local bar across the street). His service was far more than anything either of us had expected and we could not have been more impressed. You could tell how passionate he is for this calling based on the genuine happiness he showed for us and our 'alternative' method of getting official wed. I can not recommend Steve and Leslie enough for anyone regardless of how big or small of a ceremony you are looking for.

Sent on 04/18/2018

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

I had a great time making your wedding ceremony happen on such short notice, Richard. What a fun adventure! You guys were a delight, and I hope you enjoyed all the rest of your Portland experiences. Come back anytime! :-)

Ronald · Married on 04/13/2018

I guess it as stuck, so they say. After 24 years with my hubby we decided to make it legal. After trying for a courthouse procedure with no luck. Even 4 weeks out we couldn't get on the docket. So I went looking and found A Beautiful Ceremony. Frankly my initial contact was driven by convenience and expense.

A Beautiful Ceremony's web site is clear and direct about the services offered. And had one that fit us for a reasonable cost. After contact, Steve responded with a warm and welcoming message and a eagerness to help out. He completely welcomed the small "local elopement" and understood our desire for our intimate happening. Being 4-5 weeks out we were able get our special witnesses gathered together for a cloudy/misty mid-morning atop a neighborhood volcano (extinct).

During the weeks prior Steve accommodated our small edits to ceremony wording that better suit us. We met in person for the first time on site and he couldn't be more happy to meet the group and say the words for us. Afterwards he hung around for a bit, for the paper work of course, but also to accommodate our crashers (neighbor and family from afar) and their shutter-bugging. Jovial and accommodating throughout! I can only imagine how he works with bigger affairs.

All I can say to Steve is a mighty thank you. All I can say about A Beautiful Ceremony is go for it! You won't be disappointed working with them!

Sent on 05/10/2018
    A Beautiful Ceremony NW 5

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Ron! You guys were a delight to work with, and I thoroughly enjoyed marrying you atop our local volcano. :-)

Gabriel · Married on 03/12/2018

Let’s start off by saying that Steve was a life saver!
    My partner and I were trying to find an officiant who would make us feel comfortable since we are gay and I personally have no Idea how a regular courthouse judge would have reacted by marrying two gay guys!
    I contacted Steve on a friday and We spoke througout the weekend and made plans to have our ceremony on the following monday!
    He sent me the script and made sure we were on the same page with how the ceremony was going to feel like!
    Everything was super smooth! Steve managed to break the Ice and We are really happy how the ceremony turned out to be! Simple and meaningful!
    Thanks to Steve !
    We are definitely never going to forget our wedding day!

Justin · Married on 10/20/2017

Steve came to us as a referral from a friend of a friend. My wife and I met with him over coffee to discuss our wedding and what it was we were looking for from Steve. It turns out Steve has a wide array of things he can do for a particular wedding. As a result, he was able customize a ceremony for us that completely matched our needs. After meeting with him both my wife and I were incredibly impressed by his professionalism, his level of organization, and his personality. He was extremely personable and it was easy to see why he had come so highly recommended. Over the course of the next few months my wife and I corresponded with Steve on several things. At every point in the process Steve was quick to respond. He had everything hammered out for our ceremony in quick order. Which pleased us a great deal because for all the planning we had done, this was the one piece we had no idea what to really expect when it came down to it. In the end, the ceremony was beautiful. Steve performed perfectly. He was humorous at the right times and was heartfelt the entire way through. Both my wife and I were 100% satisfied with what he provided for us. I would highly recommend Steve to absolutely anybody looking for a wedding officiant. He was well worth the money. Thank you, Steve, you did a wonderful job and both Alice and I are extremely grateful to have had you marry us.

Cheryln · Married on 09/30/2017

Steve totally saved the day! We had an officant before Steve, but a month before the wedding, we found out the original officant couldn’t officiate! I found steve on Google and instantly called him, he was so nice, kind, patient, and understanding. When the day came...he made everyone laugh, cry (a good thing), and really made the ceremony intimate, which is what we wanted. Thank you, Steve!!

A Beautiful Ceremony NW 6

Jenna · Married on 09/17/2017

Steve officiated our wedding and was an absolute pleasure to work with from the very start. He met with us in person so that he could get to know us a bit and learn what we were envisioning for our ceremony. With that information, he put together a ceremony that perfectly reflected us and our beliefs. Aside from being a genuinely warm and friendly human, he was professional and responsive throughout the entire process and did a wonderful job of offering advice and suggestion when asked and incorporating our wishes in a cohesive way. Our guests loved him and his humor and we couldn't have picked a better person to officiate our wedding. Thank you, Steve!!

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

Steve officiated my wedding September 9th, 2017 We had originally gotten in contact with Steve about a year and a half prior to the wedding. We met at a cute coffee shop with our list of questions. The entire time planning the wedding Steve took care of us. He helped with examples and suggestions of common vows and readings. He was so kind and truly cared about making our day the best. I could not have asked for it to go more perfect than it did. Thanks Steve! We highly recommend you!

Lindsey · Married on 08/20/2017

Steve was an amazing officiant. As someone who has never planned a wedding, he was great at helping and guiding us through the process. He was professional, friendly, funny and kind.

Sent on 08/27/2017

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

Thanks so much for the nice review, Lindsey! I'm always happy to share my years of experience with couples planning their wedding ceremonies, and I loved marrying you & Adam at that beautiful venue in the woods. Thanks again! :-)

Nader · Married on 08/19/2017

Leslie performed our ceremony exactly how we wanted it to be. She listened to every detail and included unique twists to make the ceremony entertaining. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a unique ceremony.

Kelsey · Married on 08/19/2017

We had Steve officiate our wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased with the whole service! Steve made constant effort to make sure all of our desires and needs were met in order to make our day perfect. His personality and humor is just an added plus and made everything so personable and very enjoyable! Not only was Steve perfect during the ceremony, but he made constant effort to be in contact with us to check in and make sure things were still good to go with how we wanted the ceremony. We would reccomed Steve to ANYONE! He was so great!

Sent on 09/05/2017

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

Awww...so glad to hear that you were pleased with your ceremony, Kelsey! I really enjoyed working with you and Cody to get it just the way you guys wanted it. Short and sweet! :-) Thanks so much for the lovely review!

Robert · Married on 08/15/2017

Steve was extremely flexible and very professional. We had a very small eloping ceremony, planned at the very last minute and Steve accommodated us on the same day.

Sent on 09/12/2017

A Beautiful Ceremony NW's reply:

You guys were a delight to work with, Robert, and I loved being able to put your elopement ceremony together on the same day you called. We got the whole neighborhood involved! :-) Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review.

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2017

Steve was on point from the get go. He was flexible meeting with us initially as we live out of state. He was comfortable and fun to be around. He had many options and ideas for us as we wanted our ceremony to be unique. He took our requests and implemented them so that everything flowed together nicely. We got many compliments on our ceremony. The only thing I might have done differently is have him out at the rehearsal dinner to help the wedding party run through the motions of the day.