Portland, OR 97202 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Heartcrafted Ceremonies

Congratulations! You're getting married! And as your Wedding Officiant, I can make that happen!

Hello! My name is Susie Cunningham, a trained and certified Life-Cycle Celebrant. Consider me as your personal wedding ceremony guide! Each ceremony I create and officiate is as unique as the individuals I join in marriage. In every way, it's ALL about YOU!

Perhaps your style is a more formal and traditional ceremony, or maybe it's casually short and sweet. Perfect! Are you a couple who considers yourselves outside the box? We can creatively design an eclectic "wedding without borders" to complement your personal style yet honor your union with meaningful, imaginative elements. And your wedding ceremony will include an original narrative of your very own Love Story I've written with care .... and flair!

As a ceremony specialist I'll happily offer guidance throughout; if you choose to write your own vows to assistance in selecting the meaningful elements included in your ceremony. Giving personal service is key; crafting an original, custom ceremony that truly reflects your values, love and commitment in a genuine thoughtful way is my commitment.

Together, we'll collaborate and create a ceremony that authentically represents you and the person you have chosen to marry. Your ceremony will be exactly as you imagined. Maybe even better. And you'll have final approval of the ceremony so no wedding surprises or soapbox sermons. You can both relax and be completely in the moment when you marry your best friend and the love of your life. I promise!

Follow Heartcrafted Ceremonies on
dsc9854
jean gabe recessional
caitlin elise
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
water fall shot aralani photography
laughing best
jk overview bw
jk ring close up
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
overview w waterfall carl zoch
hug point vows
174wedding 2
beer certificate flowers
sarataylorwedding bw
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
hug point in heart with me
kateevan465 1
jean gabe kiss
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
hug point elopement just married
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
l c reading vows cropped
sarataylorwedding 285 love letters
signing all 3
laughing 3 carl zoch
kenall demetra
sarataylorwedding 266 ceremony all 3
sarataylorwedding 28 2 sara smiling
vows
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
hug point elopement beach on bluff
ring exhange
heart archway 2
kearny wedding aug 14
vows
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
hug point pouring beer with rings
ceremony with tree
kateevan461 1 1
kateevan480 1
black yellow train
circle and tree
bw close up
schillo wedding group 5 26 15
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
elope pelican pub voodoo donut exchange
hug point elopement june 16

Heartcrafted Ceremonies 6
Heartcrafted Ceremonies 7

Jt Mh · Married on 11/23/2018

Introverts' Choice

My wife and I are nervous introverts who came into this whole process unsure of what we wanted our wedding to look like. We found in Susie the right person to help create a ceremony that was uniquely “us”: she is a calming presence from initial contact to the day of the wedding; she is very patient and a great listener, and knows when to intervene and guide, and when to let you lead the way; she is an excellent resource, with great ideas, and is also open to new ideas and adapting others to fit your needs and boundaries. She takes each ceremony she plans very seriously, and is delighted when participants embrace the process. We also found that she was not only a calming presence as we planned our ceremony, but was also a calming presence for all the participants on the day of the wedding. What also struck us about Susie, from the very beginning, is her ability to communicate well across platforms--she is a conscientious emailer, a delight in person, and very easy to talk to on the phone or video. She is moreover very flexible and good with neurodiverse people.
    We found Susie when looking for officiants who perform same-sex weddings and found in her an earnest, queer-affirming ally who struck a balance between celebrating marriage equality and acknowledging the fraught aspects that still accompany same-sex relationships and weddings. We feel fortunate that we found her.

J and E · Married on 10/09/2018

The most amazing ceremony ever!

Our last-minute elopement to the Pacific Northwest could not have gone more smoothly. We found Susie through our photographer and immediately knew we were in capable, good hands. Susie scheduled a few phone calls with us to get to know us and find out what we were looking for in a ceremony. She gave us "homework" which forced us to stop and think for a moment. This step led to one of the most beautiful moments in our lives. Susie and her husband came to the beach with us and when we first met, we all felt as though we had known each other for years. The personal details Susie incorporated into the ceremony were so special. We gave her complete free rein over the entire ceremony and couldn't have been happier with the result. We actually had fun and enjoyed ourselves during the wedding! We recommend Susie for a litany of reasons. She is a wonderful person, and so easy to work with. If you have extra time, ask for some winery recommendations as well. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Aren't elopement weddings wonderful? Everything about your wedding on the beach at Ecola State Park was amazing. Starting with the two of you, talented photographer, Ara, and including a beautiful stretch of Oregon beach, and the stellar weather, it was pretty darn magical. I remember watching the two of you during the ceremony laugh and cry and hug; and one time, all at the the same time. Your vows, secret until the wedding, were a personal and touching part of the wedding. You two were absolutely in the moment, completely focused on each other. Please know your trust in me and the wedding ceremony I would create means so much to me. And to think we didn't meet in person until just before your wedding. Thank you for choosing me to be your elopement Celebrant, J and E. There are many more wineries awaiting your return!

Heartcrafted Ceremonies FAQ

• Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.

• Heidi Yorkshire, Wedding Officiant, Portland, OR
    Heidi Yorkshire, Wedding Officiant, Portland, OR Wedding Officiants

When someone offers me a wedding and I'm already booked, Susie Cunningham is the Celebrant I refer them to. She is a supremely empathetic being who connects strongly with her clients and always gives them a beautiful, appropriate -- yes, truly "heartcrafted" ceremony. Susie is a star.

• Erin Adams Photos
    Erin Adams Photos Wedding Photographers

For a personal, wonderful wedding ceremony, there is nobody else I could recommend as highly. Simply wonderful to work with!

• Portland, OR 97202 See on map