Portland, Portland, OR 97202 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Heartcrafted Ceremonies

Heartcrafted Ceremonies is a personalized wedding officiant service offered in the Portland, Oregon and southwest Washington state regions. Provided by Susie Cunningham, a certified Life-Cycle Celebrant, officiant services are unique to you and your partner and tell your own special love story. Heartcrafted Ceremonies works closely with clients to create their perfect ceremony, whether it is more traditional or an eclectic and creative wedding. They work hard to craft a ceremony that authentically represents who you are as a couple.

Heartcrafted Ceremonies provides custom wedding ceremonies and can help you create a wedding service that reflects your values and commitment by providing ideas for things like readings, music or verse, and symbols or meaningful rituals. They can also guide you as you write your vows and express your true love on your wedding day. Services include:

• Custom, unique wedding ceremony
Moments
Moments
Black Butte Ranch
Black Butte Ranch
water fall shot aralani photography
Rail Heritage Center, Portland
l c and me cropped
sarataylorwedding bw
World Forestry Center
World Forestry Center
hug point elopement just married
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
l c reading vows cropped
The Oregon Garden
ring exhange
heart archway 2
kearny wedding aug 14
Heartcrafted Ceremonies
hug point pouring beer with rings
kateevan461 1 1

Heartcrafted Ceremonies 6
Heartcrafted Ceremonies 7

Jt Mh · Married on 11/23/2018

Introverts' Choice

My wife and I are nervous introverts who came into this whole process unsure of what we wanted our wedding to look like. We found in Susie the right person to help create a ceremony that was uniquely “us”: she is a calming presence from initial contact to the day of the wedding; she is very patient and a great listener, and knows when to intervene and guide, and when to let you lead the way; she is an excellent resource, with great ideas, and is also open to new ideas and adapting others to fit your needs and boundaries. She takes each ceremony she plans very seriously, and is delighted when participants embrace the process. We also found that she was not only a calming presence as we planned our ceremony, but was also a calming presence for all the participants on the day of the wedding. What also struck us about Susie, from the very beginning, is her ability to communicate well across platforms--she is a conscientious emailer, a delight in person, and very easy to talk to on the phone or video. She is moreover very flexible and good with neurodiverse people.
    We found Susie when looking for officiants who perform same-sex weddings and found in her an earnest, queer-affirming ally who struck a balance between celebrating marriage equality and acknowledging the fraught aspects that still accompany same-sex relationships and weddings. We feel fortunate that we found her.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you J And M! I feel fortunate you found me too! Planning your ceremony and watching it unfold with such lovely, personal elements was gratifying for me in so many ways. Few couples have such talented and creative sisters as you to write and recite a wedding poem or sing a beautiful song composed in your honor. I really do take each ceremony very seriously and I thank you for noticing! As you said, I’m truly delighted when couples embrace the ceremony creation process because THAT is what makes the wedding meaningful and special. And yours was in every way. I was so happy and honored to be the one to pronounce you married. Viel Liebe und Glück in den kommenden Jahren, meine Freunde!

J and E · Married on 10/09/2018

The most amazing ceremony ever!

Our last-minute elopement to the Pacific Northwest could not have gone more smoothly. We found Susie through our photographer and immediately knew we were in capable, good hands. Susie scheduled a few phone calls with us to get to know us and find out what we were looking for in a ceremony. She gave us "homework" which forced us to stop and think for a moment. This step led to one of the most beautiful moments in our lives. Susie and her husband came to the beach with us and when we first met, we all felt as though we had known each other for years. The personal details Susie incorporated into the ceremony were so special. We gave her complete free rein over the entire ceremony and couldn't have been happier with the result. We actually had fun and enjoyed ourselves during the wedding! We recommend Susie for a litany of reasons. She is a wonderful person, and so easy to work with. If you have extra time, ask for some winery recommendations as well. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Aren't elopement weddings wonderful? Everything about your wedding on the beach at Ecola State Park was amazing. Starting with the two of you, talented photographer, Ara, and including a beautiful stretch of Oregon beach, and the stellar weather, it was pretty darn magical. I remember watching the two of you during the ceremony laugh and cry and hug; and one time, all at the the same time. Your vows, secret until the wedding, were a personal and touching part of the wedding. You two were absolutely in the moment, completely focused on each other. Please know your trust in me and the wedding ceremony I would create means so much to me. And to think we didn't meet in person until just before your wedding. Thank you for choosing me to be your elopement Celebrant, J and E. There are many more wineries awaiting your return!

Heartcrafted Ceremonies FAQ

• Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, CO, OR, WA
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Heidi Yorkshire
    Heidi Yorkshire Wedding Officiants

When someone offers me a wedding and I'm already booked, Susie Cunningham is the Celebrant I refer them to. She is a supremely empathetic being who connects strongly with her clients and always gives them a beautiful, appropriate -- yes, truly "heartcrafted" ceremony. Susie is a star.

• Erin Adams Photos
    Erin Adams Photos Wedding Photographers

For a personal, wonderful wedding ceremony, there is nobody else I could recommend as highly. Simply wonderful to work with!

• Portland Portland, OR, 97202 See on map