Heartcrafted Ceremonies Reviews

30 | Portland, OR

30 Reviews for Heartcrafted Ceremonies

30 Heartcrafted Ceremonies Reviews

Mary · Married on 09/15/2018

Susie was a joy to work with, and helped us create our perfect ceremony. She helped us think more deeply about how we wanted to make our wedding truly personal and memorable - and provided a wealth of resources to consider, which made the process so much easier. Susie is warm, charming, supportive and gracious, and has a clear passion for life celebration and remembrance - her positivity is infectious! We definitely recommend Susie to anyone considering an officiant.

Heartcrafted Ceremonies 1

Skylar · Married on 09/12/2018

Susie was amazing! She was super supportive and flexable with what my husband and I wanted. She helped us figure what we wanted for our ceremony even though we were pretty lost when it comes to weddings. She had lots of suggested options for readings and rituals and completely understands if you want to leave something out. Her personality is cheerful and easy to talk with which made meeting with her very comfortable. She loved that we had a mixed gendered wedding party and on top of that is lgbt friendly!

Our guests loved the personalized ceremony she worked with us to create.

She's great if you're looking for a relaxed, sweet memorable ceremony. And she really cares about her clients.

Leann · Married on 06/09/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Susie Cunningham as our wedding officiant! She was thorough and thoughtful. We received quite a few compliments on how the ceremony was so personally crafted for us. We definitely recommend Susie!

Emily · Married on 05/27/2018

Susie was an absolute joy to work with and someone that both my husband and I clicked with immediately. She wanted to know as much about Aaron and I as she could and it felt like we were all friends talking rather then her interviewing us or just trying to get a story. She had so much to bring to the table in terms of components to incorporate into our ceremony. We had a few bits that we asked her about and she came back to us with so many options for ways we could integrate those ideas. She definitely expanded our ceremony into an unforgettable experience. Everyone in attendance had wonders to speak about it and from our perspective, we couldn't have asked for a better, more personal and special ceremony.

Heartcrafted Ceremonies 2
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 3

Sean · Married on 01/08/2018

Our wedding would not have been the same without Susie. Her presence and warmth enriched our wedding and were integral to the beauty of our ceremony.

Prior to the wedding, Susie was professional, responsive, and engaging. The depth of her experience in guiding couples was immediately obvious from our first meeting. In light of both my wife's and my resistance to public attention, her reassurance and knowledge was essential. She readily provided information and examples to help my wife and I craft our perfect ceremony.

Susie was responsive to our requests for assistance on each step of the way and was readily available to provide guidance. Thank you!

Steve · Married on 09/23/2017

In the process of searching for an Officiant for my wedding, I was referred to Susie by another Officiant who was booked on the day in question. I called Susie and explained my wedding was in a couple of months and was she available, fortunately for us, she was available. Things always work out for a reason, for us that reason was having Susie perform our ceremony and marry us and we had no regrets.

Susie listened to what we wanted and when we were not sure, she shared her experiences of past weddings which was tremendously helpful. She gave us perspective of things we had not thought of. Susie is all about the customer, she is the type of person that understands what this special day is about and will do everything she can do to make it about you. In fact, she will tell you, "it's all about you and what you want, not what I want." In regards to working with her, she was always available and returned phone calls or emails very promptly. Susie is a complete professional in every sense of the word. Susie did craft our story for us based on the information we supplied to her, so the more detail you give her, the better your story becomes. I would HIGHLY recommend using Susie, you will not regret it. Thank you again Susie for what you did for us and sharing our day.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful and kind review, Steve! From our first phone conversation, I just knew we would have a great time planning your and Molly Jo's wedding ceremony. And we did! I am so happy that you found my suggestions along the way helpful. I try to learn something from every wedding I officiate, and if appropriate, pass little nuggets of knowledge to the couples I work with. Good to know they are appreciated! I thoroughly enjoyed writing your Love Story and sharing it during your wedding. Yes, love can happen when you least expect it but one might need some persistence to get the show on the road! (So good you were persistent, Steve!) It was an honor and a privilege to be your Officiant and share your most special day. Thank you both!

Ashley · Married on 09/16/2017

Our wedding was in October of 2017. We had a great experience working with Susie and were very happy with our choice. Susie is a very kind and non-judgmental person. She made us feel very comfortable throughout the process. Susie goes out of her way to try and get to know you and make the ceremony personal. She was very patient with us, as we came to her with no idea of what we were doing and didn’t know how we wanted the ceremony. Susie is very flexible and understanding. She arranged to meet with us multiple times and gave us many ideas of how we could make the ceremony unique and special. She provided us with drafts of our ceremony to make sure it was what we wanted and delivered a heartfelt, humerus, and genuine story just as we wanted.
    In addition to writing a great ceremony, Susie gave us detailed instructions of how to obtain our marriage license and complete the name change. She went out of her way to make it to our rehearsal and took the initiative to lead it. Susie is truly passionate about what she does. I recommend Susie for anyone.

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 4
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 5

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

It was a joy getting to know you and Marty and planning your ceremony together. Thank you so much for your kind words, Ashley. I was really pleased to see how relaxed you both were during the ceremony despite being a little nervous about everything when we first met. I think our meetings and conversations beforehand really helped. It was truly a beautiful wedding and genuinely yours in every way. I was so happy and honored to be a part of it and am excited for your future together. Wishing you both all the best!

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2017

When we met Susie we knew she was the officiant for us. She really took the time to get to know us, and helped us through the process. We had very little idea how to go about the whole ceremony, we just knew it needed to be special. Susie gave us a lot of ideas and made us feel very comfortable through each step of the way. Our guests raved about how meaningful and special our ceremony was. Most importantly we loved every bit of it. I could not recommend her any higher. She will absolutely make your ceremony the best! Plus she made the most beautiful flower circle for the ceremony!!

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 6

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! Working with you and Phil to create your ceremony was truly a wonderful experience from start to finish. The fact that you were both so open to all the ideas and possibilities that could be included in your wedding ceremony certainly contributed to it being personal and "you!" I am still amazed how the flower circle I made coordinated perfectly with the boho rug you chose to define your ceremony space. Now that was serendipity .... and complete trust on your part. It was such a delight being part of your special day and I wish you both much love and happiness in the years ahead.

Christopher · Married on 08/19/2017

Having Susie officiate our wedding was something my wife and I will never forget. The amount of effort and time she put in to develop a truly unique ceremony was incredible. If you are looking for an officiant to take the time to learn about you and your loved one to create a one of a kind experience, PICK SUSIE!

Heartcrafted Ceremonies 7

Lexie · Married on 08/11/2017

Wow! Susie was a dream to work with. We felt an instant connection with Susie and are so happy with our decision. It honestly felt like she could read our minds when it came to putting together all the little details that went into our big day. She had the best recommendations for wedding readings and ways to show our personalities throughout the ceremony. She even came up with a beautiful wedding tradition that we will continue to do each year on our wedding anniversary! Susie is so warm and welcoming and will make you feel instantly comfortable in her presence. Do yourself a favor and book Susie, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 8
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 9

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Lexie! It was wonderful getting to know you and Hassan, and of course meeting your puppy Ruby, via the magic of web meeting software! It certainly condensed the miles between St. Paul and Portland didn't it? I may have had ideas to share, but the two of you added your personal touches which is what made your ceremony so intimate and special. I loved the personalized box you found for your Love Letter ritual, complete with your name, wedding date and Mt Hood beautifully engraved. Wow! What a wedding keepsake that will be! And coming this summer.... a new addition to your family! Your adventure continues... thank you for having me be part of the very beginning. The memories of working with both of you, and your beautiful ceremony, will continue to make me smile.

Lori · Married on 07/17/2017

Susie is amazing! We live in South Florida and needed to plan our wedding in Oregon. That alone is a difficult task! Susie was there every step of the way from Skyping us for a few "meetings" to helping us find the perfect location for our special day. She even took care of the bouquets and went shopping with us to find the perfect wine combination for the ceremony. Susie really went above and beyond! She made everything SO easy for us and always had a great disposition! We highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Lori! Working with you and Caro to plan your wedding in Portland was such a fun and wonderful experience. It's a city I know and love and finding the perfect location for your ceremony was like a treasure hunt! My beloved Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden was such a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony. I loved hearing your proposal story and will never see a Ferris Wheel again without thinking about it! Your wedding was so joyful in every way; I was very honored to be part of it. Oregon is waiting for your return!

Charmaine · Married on 07/15/2017

Susie was absolutely fantastic!!! She was so sweet during the process and guided us every step along the way. The ceremony she put together for us was simply perfect, we had SO MANY compliments on our ceremony! We had to find an officiant on late notice after our first one cancelled, and lucky for us Susie had a cancellation for our date. She was prompt, polite, responsive, and made us completely comfortable for our big day. I can't say enough about her, you will be lucky to have her guide you on the most special day of your life!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Charmaine! I really enjoyed getting to know you and Matt and was so honored to be a part of your wedding day. I have to say, having your ceremony within the family hazelnut orchard was lovely and so unique! How authentically Oregon can you get with that venue? I am so happy you and your guests liked the ceremony. Wishing you all the best!

Pamela · Married on 07/10/2017

We are a unique couple and wanted our ceremony to be a reflection of that. Susie was so good at listening to all of our crazy ideas! She was able to capture who we were as individuals, as well as our family dynamic. She was able to turn all of that into an incredible, one-of-a-kind ceremony. Susie went above and beyond for us. She was able to pull off a complete tear-jerking surprise for my wife! Having Susie so involved with the ceremony planning made us feel completely confident that everything was taken care of, allowing us to enjoy a stress-free wedding! Susie is very professional, takes incredible notes during meetings, and gives out phenomenal ideas. She embraces all people equally and we love her for that. We truly beleived she was our soulmate officiant from the first time we met.

Much Love,
    Pam & Alex Lochlann

Sent on 12/17/2017
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 10
    Heartcrafted Ceremonies 11

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Pam and Alex! You are such a beautiful, loving and caring couple and so amazingly connected. Getting to know you both and working together to create your ceremony was a total joy. I agree, the strong connection between the three of us was evident from the very beginning. Your wedding was so rich with personal touches and unique changes to traditional elements, it was authentic and completely yours. Alex, I don't think I will ever forget the emotion of seeing your sweet Grandfather lovingly hold and kiss your rings during the ring blessing. It was so tender and unexpected and brought tears to my eyes. There were so many other special moments - it was really an intimate and love-filled wedding. And with the Clackamas River as a backdrop, beautiful in every way. Love IS Love - I am SO happy you married your Anam Cara! Thank you for including me in your most special day.

Riley · Married on 07/04/2017

I am just the groom. I have no idea which of her friends or family told my bride how to find Susie, or how much she costs. All I know is it was worth a lot more than she charged! I felt like what I wanted was as important as what my lady wanted. Now we all know that is not true, but at least I felt it. I was also very grateful Susie could finish my reading from Pooh, since I was too busy blubbering to get it out! She also helped us write a great ceremony, included our dog, Taco, as ring bearer, and greeted all our guests, helping them feel welcome and important. Susie also led the crowd in singing Going to the Backyard (Chapel) as the processional. She even found a way to include the Chicken Dance in our recessional music!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful words, Riley. It means a lot to me. You know when you are asked to officiate The Red White & Blue "I DO" BBQ on the 4th of July that's it's going to be a pretty special wedding with LOTS of fun included. And it was! The three of us sure had a great time planning your ceremony and even Taco cooperated as the ring bearing pup! I am so glad I could step in and read the rest of the Winnie the Pooh verse for you. To be honest, I had to choke back tears too! I think your wedding was the perfect combination of tears, cheers, laughs, and applause and sometimes all at once! I loved being part of it.

Jean · Married on 06/16/2017

Susie is such an amazing wedding officiant, I couldn't imagine anyone else performing our ceremony. From the start Susie was able to work with me and craft the perfect ceremony even while I was living in Chicago. She is responsive to email, phone calls, etc. Always able to work around my busy schedule.
    Susie prepared the most thoughtful and one of a kind wedding ceremony just for us. It was truly spectacular to see how much thought and time she put into the ceremony.
    I enjoyed working with Susie and found it easy to become friends. Susie is the only option if you're looking for the best!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, thank you for your very kind words, Jean! I was so pleased to be part of your beautiful wedding day, and most of all, have the opportunity to meet and get to know you and Gabe. You are so in-sync with each other; your hearts are truly connected. I thoroughly enjoyed writing your ceremony and especially your Love Story which will only evolve and grow with marriage. It was truly a privilege to be your Officiant - thank you again!

Anthony · Married on 06/14/2017

Susie was absolutely wonderful. She's a very warm, friendly person who was happy to meet with us several times to discuss our ceremony. She happily worked through and around all of our wishes for the ceremony and was even willing to go on a rigorous hike to get to our location. The ceremony was completely customized while requiring very little from us to convey what we wanted. I don't think there's anything that she could have done better. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant, especially if they're hoping for a personalized, intimate experience.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Anthony and Nadia for bringing me along on your waterfall wedding day adventure! It was an amazing day! Getting to know both of you while we worked on your ceremony was a wonderful experience. You are truly a yin and yang couple .... and balance each other beautifully! Small weddings have such a fond place in my heart - yours will always be a favorite. Having your dog be part of the ceremony was icing on the cake. Wishing you all the best and many happy trails to waterfalls in the coming years!

kim · Married on 10/23/2016

Susie is the perfect person to play this role for any wedding. She was so attentive and in tune with who we are as people and crafted the most meaningful ceremony we could have had. She has a real gift for connecting with people and creating an atmosphere of love.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Kim! It was a delight working with you and George. I loved how your ceremony just blossomed with things to make is so personal and truly unique to you and George. Having your dog Rolo bring the rings down the aisle was my favorite of many wonderful moments. He did a great job and right on cue! (Whew) I wish you both abundance, love, and lots of music in the coming years. It was such a privilege being part of your wedding day!

Chris · Married on 10/16/2016

Susie Cunningham has truly found her calling!
    Though rarely at a loss for words, Ted and I simply didn’t know where to begin as we faced the prospect of creating our wedding ceremony. At our first meeting with Susie, however, those concerns fell away. Susie brought an open heart, creative suggestions, and order as we began crafting our ceremony and vows. With enthusiasm, reassurance, and guidance, she presented options that helped us define the commitment we were making to each other. As we read the final version of our ceremony a couple of weeks before the wedding, we looked at each other with tears in our eyes. With Susie’s invaluable support, we finally found the words that seemed so illusive to us the first day we met her.
    We enthusiastically recommend Heartcrafted Ceremonies ... Susie Cunningham will exceed your expectations!

Chelsea · Married on 10/14/2016

Susie was fabulous! She really crafted our ceremony to be uniquely 'us'. She gave us so many choices for our ceremony----I honestly didn't know ceremonies could be made so personal----and promptly helped us with any questions we had. Her pricing was fair and she was flexible about planning a rehearsal and setting up meetings to discuss our ceremony. She was a calming force before the ceremony, and smiling face throughout the night.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Working with the two of you was fabulous! It was such a beautiful wedding at the Oregon Garden and how wonderful Mother Nature cooperated and gave us a dry ceremony! Whew! But really, rain or no rain, nothing could dampen your happiness that day. I feel so fortunate to have been a part of your most special day. All the best to you and T!

Caitlin · Married on 08/13/2016

Our entire experience with Susie was absolutely amazing. From just our first email inquiry about officiating our wedding, all the way to our big day, she was so easy and fun to work with. She made us feel at ease throughout the planning process, which made it easy to stay stress-free about all the little details. Susie has the kindest heart and really went above and beyond to get to know both of us well. By the time our wedding day arrived, everything came together so nicely and our ceremony was everything we hoped it would be - fun, heartfelt, and completely personalized for us. Thank you, Susie, for being so sweet, reliable, and for taking the time out to really get to know us!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Caitlin and Elise! What a wonderful wedding day you had at Black Butte Ranch. And I was the lucky one honored to be your wedding Officiant! Getting to know the two of you as we worked together on your ceremony and as I wrote your Love Story was a complete delight. You have found .... and married your soulmate! I am so happy for you and wish you all the best and much love in the years to come.

Amir · Married on 08/06/2016

Susie is warm, intuitive, flexible, and fun to work with. She knows when to make suggestions, when to guide, and when to take charge. It was a joy for us to get to know her through the process, as well as have her officiate our ceremony. We feel that Susie added value to our wedding and eased our minds during the planning process. Highly recommended. -Amir

Sent on 12/06/2016

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

It was a wonderful, beautiful day in every way! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and Elizabeth as we worked on your ceremony together. I loved the special ways your included and honored your families in your ceremony - especially your parents. It was all so sweet and intimate in an absolutely stunning riverside setting. Thank you for the honor of being your wedding Officiant. And I am so thankful for the little "tech tips" you gave me along the way, Amir!

Kim · Married on 07/03/2016

When my husband and I first met Susie we immediately felt comfortable and as though we had known her for a long time. She was very attentive to what we wanted out of our ceremony and created a personalized ceremony just for us. Susie was a wonderfully calming presence the day of our wedding and an excellent speaker to boot. We received multiple comments from our guests about how lovely and personalized the ceremony was, and my husband and I completely agree. While the cost of choosing Susie might be a little higher than average, the quality we received was more than worth it for us. The ceremony was the most important part of the day for us, and Susie made it perfect.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you K for your very nice comments. Reading them made my day! It was such a pleasure meeting with you and J at our little coffee place and planning your wedding. You and J have such a sweet Love Story! You said from the very beginning that the ceremony was the most important part of your wedding day. I am so pleased I had a part in making your most special day perfect. It's suppose to be! It was such a joy working with you - the calmest bride I ever met! Sending many good wishes to you and your husband J.

Susie is an amazing officiant and celebrant! My husband and I both felt an immediate connection with her, because she is an open, honest and welcoming human. She wants to create the perfect ceremony for you. We were a bit lost, we didn't have religion's strict guidance, nor were we interested in having a "cookie cutter" ceremony - we wanted something that was uniquely us, which is exactly what we got. Everyone commented that ours was such a great ceremony. Susie gave us all the pieces to put together a ceremony that fit us just right - and she executed it perfectly. Her sweet demeanor shone through and made the entire audience happy. You will not be disappointed with her - she replies to emails quickly, is very attentive and flexible, and provides the perfect amount of guidance. I suggest you book her for your ceremony now!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you K & E! I really appreciate your kind words about working with me. I so enjoyed getting to know both of you, and with your collaboration, creating your wedding ceremony. By the time your wedding rolled around, I felt I was officiating the wedding of two friends. And I was! Thank you for that honor. All the best to the O'Hooligan's!

Jeff · Married on 06/07/2016

Susie is absolutely amazing! Kim and I literally decided at the last minute to elope in Oregon and we were so happy to find Susie. She completely immersed herself in our ceremony and demonstrated more flexibility and creativity than we could have every imagined. We expected to have just a simple and quick ceremony but Susie had other plans for us. She showed how we could make our wedding so much more memorable than just the standard I do's. Susie ensured that she included all the things we are passionate about and still gave it her own special flair. Pick Susie for your planner and celebrant, you will be extremely happy that you did. I know that we certainly are!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Jeff! First, for giving me the honor and the absolute delight of being your wedding Officiant, and secondly, for you and Kim being so open to ALL the possibilities. As the three of us brainstormed a bevy of elements to include in your wedding, the universe connected all the dots .... perfectly. Your afternoon wedding at Hug Point was so sweet, so intimate, and so completely you and Kim. Cheers and *hearts* to you both!