Heartcrafted Ceremonies Reviews

55 | Portland, OR

55 Reviews for Heartcrafted Ceremonies

Cynthia Fitzpatrick · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Simply Amazing!

My husband surprised me with our wedding renewal in Portland Oregon. I was so happy to meet Susie. She made our event amazing and so easy. She was sweet and on target with everything. She made us feel comfortable and she was super nice and sweet. She made our renewal day so beautiful. They way she incorporated our love into our ceremony will never be forgotten. Highly recommended!!! David and I will be forever grateful.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Christine Crowley-Kelly · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Susie was a Wedding-Saver!

We got married last July (2019) and had a wonderful celebration with Susie! We had originally asked a close family friend to officiate our wedding - my wife and I researched and wrote our own script and had started workshopping the ceremony with her. About a month before the ceremony, our would-be officiant called us and said that she would no longer be able to officiate our wedding due to familial pressures, since this was a same sex wedding. Naturally we were upset and hugely stressed. Then, we found Susie and she was the perfect person to partner with for the perfect wedding. She took our script, asked all of the right questions, made all the right changes and worked to make our ceremony as personal as we had been planning from day one. She was flexible, generous and warm. We couldn't have had the wedding we did with anyone else! We'd recommend Susie to anyone who's looking for a thoughtful, creative officiant!

Sent on 04/20/2020

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Christine and Sarah! I will always have such fond memories of your amazing, love-filled wedding. You thought of such creative ways to include your family and friends in your ceremony and made every part of it special and meaningful to you. Remembering your delightful "Flower Grandmas" happily tossing petals down the aisle to begin the ceremony will always, always, always make me smile! Together we created the wedding you had envisioned and joyfully celebrated YOUR love. Lucky me! I got to be part of this spectacular day. Thank you!

Ashlee Merry · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Simply the best!

Susie was amazing from start to finish. She made this whole experience light hearted and easy. We planned our wedding in about a month and we feel so lucky we found Susie. She really did make our ceremony feel so personal and like she had known us for years. In times where we couldn't actually meet in person until the day of that says a lot about her. When I look back on our wedding day our ceremony was such a special part of it that I'll always cherish. Susie is thoughtful and made our ceremony exactly what we imagined but better. Everyone at our wedding kept complimenting us on how amazing our ceremony was. Thank you for marrying us Susie and being the best of the best!

The Merry's

Sent on 07/16/2020

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Mr. and Mrs. Merry - you are the best! It was truly a privilege being part of your most special day. I am so pleased you liked your ceremony and travelogue Love Story! Although your wedding looked a bit different from the one you had originally planned in Puerto Vallarta, your backyard ceremony surrounded by loved ones suited you well. Your love and exuberance was truly contagious! Thank you for including me in your day. Fasten your seatbelts ...... and continue falling in love all over the world!
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 08/22/2020

Susie is the best!

Our ceremony was written perfectly. The flower circle (made from flowers and ferns from her yard) was magical. It was an intimate, personal and lovely day and we are so happy to have chosen Susie to be our celebrant. You are so warm, inviting and lovely. Thank you for everything, I adore you!

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Ryan

Ryan Bensinger · Married on 05/05/2020

The Best in Portland

Susie was an amazing officiant, and I could not recommend her highly enough. She customized our wedding to match exactly what my wife and I were looking for, and definitely went above and beyond what most other officiants would do. If you are looking for someone to officiate your wedding that will really sit with you, and give you the ceremony you want versus just give you a generic cookie cutter ceremony that you choose off a list, then Susie should be your first choice.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Ryan. I so enjoyed being part of your wedding day and being the one to pronounce you and Bonnie married! I loved the creative little details she added to make the ceremony special. Excellent location choice too! The Redwood Deck was such a beautiful backdrop for your sweet wedding. Wishing you many happy, healthy years of marriage.
  • Kendall

Kendall Peters · Married on 12/10/2019

Perfect Ceremony

Susie was such an integral and phenomenal part of our wedding day! It was so important to us that our ceremony was a reflection of who we are as a couple, our values, and individualism while also keeping in some wedding traditions -- Susie went above and beyond to deliver that to us.
    She took the time to meet with us on multiple occasions and really get to know us and our story, as well as what we were looking for in a wedding ceremony. She took our ideas and what we wanted and completely personalized a ceremony that was just what we were looking for. My husband and I both instantly felt so comfortable with her when we first met her, she has a way at putting you at ease which was very important on a day where you want one less thing to worry about. She was great support as we both worked on our own vows and never made either of us feel pushed around or as if the day was instead about her.
    She was so organized, punctual, quick to respond to any of our needs, and worked so well with our other vendors to seamlessly help move the wedding along -- we got asked from multiple guests for her name!
    We absolutely loved having Susie be part of our wedding. We are both so happy we chose her to marry us and would pick her again in a heartbeat. Stop your looking and hire Susie!!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Ahhhh. Thank you Kendall! I loved getting to know the two of you and being part of your wedding. It was such a joyful day and I adored meeting your families! Although writing vows can feel pretty intimidating, you each found the most perfect words to say to the other. I had complete confidence you would do it! And now.... you are married! Thank you for choosing me to be your wedding Celebrant! Wishing you lots of love and many good wishes.
  • Corinne

Corinne Kunze · Married on 09/21/2019

Susie is the greatest!

I'd absolutely recommend Susie for any couple who is looking for someone to help design their ceremony with them. She has such great ideas for ceremonies and really crafted our ceremony with us with loving care. I especially recommend her for LGBT folks, we felt safe to be ourselves with her. Susie was the perfect fit for us and one of the most important parts of our wedding. She did a great job my whole family loved her.

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Erlyn

Erlyn Mendoza · Married on 08/28/2019

Nicest and sweetest officiant ever!

Ms. Susie made us feel comfortable in the most nerve wracking moment of our lives! the anxiety and stress of getting married is no joke! But having someone like Ms. Susie is such a big reliever. She is very sweet soft spoken, flexible and easy to communicate to. Very approachable and even helped us out getting our license and marriage certificate! She was very understanding about the delays of our vows because of our busy schedule but helped us out alot in writing them! She will give you awesome pointers and samples. I really love that she will print out the vows for you so you don’t have to worry about carrying and not losing it and ofcourse so you can hide it from your future spouse! Also she is very flexible about certain specifics that you want on your ceremony. She responds to every inquiry promptly and on top of that will make sure you feel confident and relaxed on your big day! She will go through mountains and falls like literally wherever you want to get married under. Ms. Susie is like a wedding ceremony fairy god mother that you’ve always needed!! Spouse and I Love her to bits!

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Gibson · Married on 07/16/2019

Susie is everything her reviews say she is and more!

My fiancé and I live across the country and have never been to Oregon. Susie was a God send throughout our entire elopement process. She was attentive to our wants but also gave us great ideas for our ceremony. She went above and beyond the call of duty through skype meeting, recommendations for our stay in Oregon and even taking us around in Portland helping us find items. She even went with my fiancé to pick up my flowers when I was running late!
    She truly spent time personalizing our ceremony making it everything we could have dreamt of and more. Not only would our day not have been the same without her I don’t know we couldn’t have done it without all her help along the way!
    Our elopement ceremony overlooking the beautiful Columbia River Gorge will be a day we will remember forever, and Susie was a big part of it. I highly recommend Susie not only for her kindness and attentiveness, but because she is truly passionate about what she does, and it shows. I can’t imagine any other officiant going to the lengths to make every detail special for their clients the way Susie does.

Sent on 07/21/2019

Greg Muller · Married on 07/09/2019

Thoughtful, Accommodating, & Caring

Susie met with us several times. The first was via Skype where she discussed her process and asked us our thoughts. We then met her at a local coffee shop twice where she was very helpful in planning out our vision. Susie was generally interested in us and giving us the our perfect ceremony.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Kelcy Weibert · Married on 06/11/2019

So glad we chose Susie to officiate our elopement ceremony!

Susie without a doubt made our day extra special. We travelled from out of state to get married in the Willamette National Forest and Susie, her husband John, and dog Sugar all trekked into the woods to help us get married. My husband and I eloped alone, just the two of us, so having John be one of our witnesses was great. We were really missing our dogs back home but having Sugar there helped a lot. Sugar was our flower dog and can be seen in our beautiful photos. The way Susie personalized everything for us made it extra special. We met with her prior to our big day and picked out everything we wanted in our ceremony. Susie did exactly what we wanted and also went the extra mile. She even got sparkling orange drink for our toast because she knew we did not drink alcohol! I will cherish the memories made that day forever. Our commemorative copy of the ceremony is so nice to have to look back on and share with loved ones who were not there in person. I cannot say enough good things about Susie. Having her officiate our ceremony felt so comfortable. It was like having a member of our family there officiating. I highly recommend Susie!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Susan

Susan Landolt-Albright · Married on 01/10/2019

Perfect and beautiful personalized ceremony

Susie officiated our wedding ceremony in Forest Park, Portland, Oregon. We were very pleased with how much time and effort she put into making our ceremony and vows reflect our unique love story and our personalities. She was very in-depth in getting to know us as people, not just clients. Susie went above and beyond to learn about us and made our ceremony absolutely perfect. We did not want a generic ceremony, and Susie truly made our ceremony a reflection of us as a couple, as well as individuals. We were incredibly satisfied and would not change a thing about our ceremony. We would absolutely, without hesitation, recommend Susie as a celebrant.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Jt Mh · Married on 11/23/2018

Introverts' Choice

My wife and I are nervous introverts who came into this whole process unsure of what we wanted our wedding to look like. We found in Susie the right person to help create a ceremony that was uniquely “us”: she is a calming presence from initial contact to the day of the wedding; she is very patient and a great listener, and knows when to intervene and guide, and when to let you lead the way; she is an excellent resource, with great ideas, and is also open to new ideas and adapting others to fit your needs and boundaries. She takes each ceremony she plans very seriously, and is delighted when participants embrace the process. We also found that she was not only a calming presence as we planned our ceremony, but was also a calming presence for all the participants on the day of the wedding. What also struck us about Susie, from the very beginning, is her ability to communicate well across platforms--she is a conscientious emailer, a delight in person, and very easy to talk to on the phone or video. She is moreover very flexible and good with neurodiverse people.
    We found Susie when looking for officiants who perform same-sex weddings and found in her an earnest, queer-affirming ally who struck a balance between celebrating marriage equality and acknowledging the fraught aspects that still accompany same-sex relationships and weddings. We feel fortunate that we found her.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you J And M! I feel fortunate you found me too! Planning your ceremony and watching it unfold with such lovely, personal elements was gratifying for me in so many ways. Few couples have such talented and creative sisters as you to write and recite a wedding poem or sing a beautiful song composed in your honor. I really do take each ceremony very seriously and I thank you for noticing! As you said, I’m truly delighted when couples embrace the ceremony creation process because THAT is what makes the wedding meaningful and special. And yours was in every way. I was so happy and honored to be the one to pronounce you married. Viel Liebe und Glück in den kommenden Jahren, meine Freunde!

J and E · Married on 10/09/2018

The most amazing ceremony ever!

Our last-minute elopement to the Pacific Northwest could not have gone more smoothly. We found Susie through our photographer and immediately knew we were in capable, good hands. Susie scheduled a few phone calls with us to get to know us and find out what we were looking for in a ceremony. She gave us "homework" which forced us to stop and think for a moment. This step led to one of the most beautiful moments in our lives. Susie and her husband came to the beach with us and when we first met, we all felt as though we had known each other for years. The personal details Susie incorporated into the ceremony were so special. We gave her complete free rein over the entire ceremony and couldn't have been happier with the result. We actually had fun and enjoyed ourselves during the wedding! We recommend Susie for a litany of reasons. She is a wonderful person, and so easy to work with. If you have extra time, ask for some winery recommendations as well. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Aren't elopement weddings wonderful? Everything about your wedding on the beach at Ecola State Park was amazing. Starting with the two of you, talented photographer, Ara, and including a beautiful stretch of Oregon beach, and the stellar weather, it was pretty darn magical. I remember watching the two of you during the ceremony laugh and cry and hug; and one time, all at the the same time. Your vows, secret until the wedding, were a personal and touching part of the wedding. You two were absolutely in the moment, completely focused on each other. Please know your trust in me and the wedding ceremony I would create means so much to me. And to think we didn't meet in person until just before your wedding. Thank you for choosing me to be your elopement Celebrant, J and E. There are many more wineries awaiting your return!

Mary · Married on 09/15/2018

Susie was a joy to work with, and helped us create our perfect ceremony. She helped us think more deeply about how we wanted to make our wedding truly personal and memorable - and provided a wealth of resources to consider, which made the process so much easier. Susie is warm, charming, supportive and gracious, and has a clear passion for life celebration and remembrance - her positivity is infectious! We definitely recommend Susie to anyone considering an officiant.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Mary! You were so appreciative of everything, it was such a pleasure getting to know you and Gary and working on your ceremony together. You both took your "wedding homework" very seriously! Immersing yourselves in the process of creating your ceremony, a clearer picture emerged of what would be meaningful to the two of you. There were some great, spontaneous brainstorming moments along the way too! This all helped make your wedding ceremony sweet and tender and uniquely yours. I'm very honored you chose me to be your Celebrant and wish you many happy years ahead.

Skylar · Married on 09/12/2018

Susie was amazing! She was super supportive and flexable with what my husband and I wanted. She helped us figure what we wanted for our ceremony even though we were pretty lost when it comes to weddings. She had lots of suggested options for readings and rituals and completely understands if you want to leave something out. Her personality is cheerful and easy to talk with which made meeting with her very comfortable. She loved that we had a mixed gendered wedding party and on top of that is lgbt friendly!

Our guests loved the personalized ceremony she worked with us to create.

She's great if you're looking for a relaxed, sweet memorable ceremony. And she really cares about her clients.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Skylar and Kyle! I loved planning your wedding ceremony, because with you, .... anything was possible! It was amazing to watch your creativity blossom as we talked about ways to shape and personalize your wedding. From your eclectic and meaningful music choices, to the reading of the beautiful verse by Kahil Gibran, "On Marriage," to honoring your grandmother by wearing her jewelry, Skylar. Your wedding matched the two of you in a really loving and authentic way. I did love that you had a mixed gender wedding party - and hope it encourages other couples do the same! I appreciate you mentioning that I'm a LBGTQ+ ally; I am also a strong advocate for marriage equality. Thank you for choosing me to be your wedding Celebrant, Skylar and Kyle. It was such a happy day; I was honored to be part of it.
  • Laura

Laura Arbogast · Married on 09/03/2018

Warmth every step of the way

We highly recommend Susie as an officiant. She was warm, supportive, prompt and thoughtful throughout the process. With a mix of helpful templates Susie provided and our own creativity (which she encouraged), we created our perfect ceremony. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed it. With help from Susie, we will have wonderful memories of the heart of our wedding day for years to come.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Laura! I have wonderful memories of your wedding too. I remember our first meeting when we discussed what was important to include in your ceremony like having your husband's daughter's part of a family sand blending ritual. I always encourage couple to be creative and you were! I loved that you took vow writing to the next level - writing ones you read together but then reciting individual vows that you had kept secret until the wedding. This became such a beautiful and memorable part of the ceremony. It was a joy working with both of you - I'm delighted to know how much you liked your wedding ceremony. Mission accomplished!

Ryan T. · Married on 08/05/2018

Personalized, unique, and perfect!!

Susie is fantastic! We looked for a long time to find the perfect officiant for our wedding, and Susie was 100% the right choice. She spent so much time and energy working with us to really ensure that what she delivered reflected each of us as individuals and our personalized ceremony was unique and fit EXACTLY what we were looking for in our wedding. It is clear that she is passionate and loves what she does, and she really cares about each couple she works with on a deep level. I feel like I left with a friend after all was said and done. If anyone is looking for a ceremony that reflects who you are and what your relationship means, Susie is the only officiant that should be considered! I wholeheartedly recommend her!!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Tracey Kelley · Married on 08/04/2018

Susie is Amazing! You would be lucky to have her!

Susie was amazing! She was very flexible to meet with us. She not only would drive over to our side of town but was willing to meet wish us later in the evening after we got off work. She always got back to us thru email or a phone call in a timely manner. She put us at ease when we had trouble designing our vows, and gave us lots of helpful feedback when we finally got around to drafting them. She is friendly and easy to work with and her part of our ceremony was beautiful. You would be lucky to have her be a part of your special event. We highly recommend Susie.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Tracey! Getting to know you and Travis and planning your wedding ceremony was enjoyable in so many ways. I do believe our meetings always had food involved, right? Your ceremony reflected your love and strong friendship, and your personal additions really spoke about what's important to you as a couple. Travel! I'm delighted you found my sideline vow coaching helpful! Both of yours were written straight from the heart - which is what they're all about! And for the record, Tracey, you are a front runner for the most organized bride award! YOU were amazing! It was a privilege being part of your most special day.
  • Travis

Travis Kelley · Married on 08/04/2018

Susie is a class act!

We met for a low key beer/pizza introduction. After a mere 15 minutes of chatting and looking through her VERY impressive binder of ideas, my wife and I knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding. She is so kind and caring, she felt like an Aunt/Family and we both felt so comfortable with her. Sharing our story with her was effortless, and she really takes the time to get to know you and understand how you want your day to go. She has so many ideas to help you (if you want them) but is cool sitting back and doing exactly what you her to as as well. She really understands that your wedding should be unique and she wants to make it special. Everyone in our audience loved hearing/watching her reactions! Just meet her for a drink and see if you click, I'm betting there's a good chance you will! Thanks again Susie!

-The Kelleys

Sent on 02/05/2019

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Travis! Working with you and Tracey was so much fun - and I think your ceremony mirrored our great connection. My favorite part of being a Celebrant is that I meet and get to know really wonderful couples like you two. And officiate their wedding! Please let me know which vacation destination is drawn from the "Love Letter Travel Box" on your 1st Anniversary! That was the coolest way to make the ritual completely yours. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. It's so nice to be appreciated.
  • Briana

Briana De Kalb · Married on 07/14/2018

Simply amazing

Having Susie as our wedding officiant was such a great experience. We honestly had no idea what we were doing ceremony wise, and she came in and helped us get everything organized. After our first meeting, she gave us a questionnaire that both of us filled out and returned to her. She used our answers to craft a very sweet personalized story for our ceremony of how we met. We got so many compliments on that afterwards. She made the day before and day of seem so organized, and worked with our day of coordinator, band and photographers so effortlessly. Our day/ceremony wouldn't have been complete without her help.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Ian and planning your wedding. All the details that honored your Hawaiian roots, from your tropical flower crown to the lei's you exchanged during the ceremony made it all so special. As the Officiant, I have a great view of the guests and I don't believe there was a dry eye to be found when you read your vows to each other. I was so honored to be part of your special day. Thank you Bri and Ian!

Nancy Mcdaid · Married on 06/26/2018

Amazing Wedding Celebrant

Planning a destination wedding from across the country could prove to be challenging, but working with Susie was a dream. She was able to provide Skype appointments, listened to what we were hoping to achieve in our ceremony and made great suggestions. She even hiked to our ceremony location and scoped it out for us since she had never been there and all we had to go by was googlemaps! It was a beautiful location! Not only did she help with our actual ceremony planning but she also helped us with suggestions of places to visit and "must-sees" while on our trip since neither of us had ever been in the area. Even though we didn't meet her in person until the "big day" it felt as if we had known her for a lifetime. We appreciate all the time and multiple ways she spent guiding us to our perfect day! Susie is so kind and easy to work with, we would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the Portland area.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words, Nancy! You certainly picked a beautiful place for your destination wedding. I remember your first email; you sent me a picture of where you wanted to be married. It had a eagles view of the Columbia River and looked across to the Oregon side of the Gorge. I knew had to find this spot for you .... and with a little persistence, I did! And it was the perfect place for your intimate elopement ceremony. I so enjoyed getting to know you and Jim and being part of planning this really special day and wedding. You both radiated such joy and happiness and shared a strong, centered connection during the ceremony. And how lovely the weather cooperated! What a stunning day... in every way! I'm so honored you chose me to be your Celebrant.

James · Married on 06/26/2018

For a moment all the world is right.

On a hill overlooking the Columbia River my whole world stopped. I couldn't see anything but my wife because the three of us where in a circle made of flowers. All I could hear was Susan's voice. I have never experienced anything like it. It is not your quick "Do U? Do U? You may kiss the bride". Susan digs deep and writes a story and wonderfully tells it while filling up a good 40 min ceremony. Keeps it interesting for the guests but flew by while I literally felt 2 becoming one. I felt like I dove into my wifes intelect because its one thing to hear your wife tell you a story, it is another to have Susan understand our feelings and tell our story. I really am changed for the better and deeply bound with my wife.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

I am thrilled you were so touched by the Love Story and ceremony I wrote for you and your lovely wife. I have to say, I shed a few tears writing it. How you met - there was a cow involved - and fell in love - no cow involved - created one of the sweetest, most unique, love stories I have heard. What captivated me the most was that you two were in complete awe of the other. And when you least expected it, that thing called love was happening ... to YOU! It was such a happy wedding day and the view of the Columbia River Gorge was like an exclamation point. It was an honor being part of it. Thank you, James!
  • Kevin

Kevin Talens · Married on 06/23/2018

Stop looking! This is the one!!

Having Susie officiate our wedding was the best decision we could've made. With all the stresses that come with planning a wedding, Susie was 100% there to offer her help. She was able to share our love story and create a wedding like no other. It was an absolute blessing to work with her and she'll forever have a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Heartcrafted Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Kevin and Nicole! Your wedding on the Redwood Deck was so sweet and intimate and brings such good memories! I truly loved getting to know you and writing your wedding ceremony. Yours is a true Portland love story I was delighted to share. Thank you for your very kind words and please know you will always have a special place in my heart too.