617 Weddings Reviews

1 User photo

617 Weddings 1
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 12/31/2018

A new year’s eve to remember

Our videographer Franco Valverde from our NYE wedding was all we could of imagined and more . His professional was top notch . He was so genuine , caring and catering to all our needs . His attention to detail was truly unmatched , capturing the best moments and guiding us every step of the way. He made connections not only with my husband and I but also our guest ! The whole process was truly outstanding and I’m so glad we chose to work with 617 Weddings & Franco Valverde . I can not wait to recommend Franco to all our friends and family in the future!

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2018

We can't wait to see his work :)

Russell and the rest of his videography team were amazing to work with! Russell did a great job working with us from a distance. We didn't have time to meet with him before the wedding, but we felt so comfortable working with him. He is such a nice guy and great at his job. We hardly even noticed he was there (in a good way!). We can't wait to see his work :) He has been in touch several times since the wedding and we are confident that we will love what we see! Thank you so much to Russell and the rest of the 617 Weddings Team :) We highly recommend their talent for every wedding!

Sent on 02/05/2019
    617 Weddings 2
  • Abbey

Abbey · Married on 10/20/2018

A breath of fresh air!

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Franco, who filmed our wedding back on September 7th at the Union Bluff Hotel in York, ME. He was on-time, very professional, and so easy to work with. Sometimes we didn’t even know he was there. I’m so glad he was able to capture our wedding day! The excitement to see our wedding film is building more and more every day.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Jenna · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing/Fun/Professional

Very professional!! Fun and easygoing to work with!! Made our experience so amazing on our special day!!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2018

Russell is the best of the best!!

At first during wedding planning my husband and I weren’t sure if we wanted a videographer. That all quickly changed the second we met Russ from 617 Wedding Video and we knew we had to have him there for our big day. Not only is his an extremely talented pro videographer who does amazing work, but he is also super friendly and personable. We immediately felt like we were old friends and we booked him right away. We are so glad he was available for our wedding day! Leading up to our wedding, we had no worries because Russ answered all of our questions and put us at ease. On our wedding day (10/13/18), Russ arrived at our venue (Groveland Fairways) early, prepared and ready to shot. He was so professional, and yet he had a way of still being fun and making us feel relaxed! He was on top of everything and helped the day go so smoothly for us. He even helped us pull of an amazing first look when the rain finally stopped and he saw an opportunity for us to get outside and get amazing outdoor shots! Multiple guests commented how nice Russ was as they met and talked to him throughout the night. We also had a few guests ask if we had a videographer because he was not at all obtrusive shooting so they couldn’t tell! We absolutely cannot wait to see our wedding video and highlight video because we have no doubt they are going to be amazing! Thank you Russell for all of your hard work on our wedding day and being so awesome!! You are the very best and I will forever recommend you to anyone and everyone who needs a videographer ☺️

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 10/07/2018

Franco is a Wedding MUST HAVE!

My husband and I were debating on having a videographer at our wedding and we decided to use the one that was offered with our DJ and Photobooth and let me just say, I am so glad I did!

Franco was so great to work with the day of the wedding! He made the day less stressful and more enjoyable for Matthew and I! My husband hates being on camera and having photos taken and he STILL tells me about how he loved Franco and the way he filmed! I continue to get so many compliments from family and friends and I keep telling them about how great 617 is to work with! Franco added such organization to a hectic day and continued to “wow” me with his professionalism! Not once did I feel like he was a stranger, in fact, I felt like I knew him and he was part of our family! I cannot wait to see the video and see the true artistic work he was able to capture!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Kristina · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend 617 Wedding Videography!

John Mullaney was an absolute dream to work with! We felt so comfortable working with him. Did not interfer at all, it was like he was not there! Russell Smithe was in touch with us multiple times leading up to the wedding. Very easy to talk to and made sure we were getting exactly what we wanted.

Once we got out cinematic video, we cried within the first 30 seconds. It is the most beautiful 10 minutes of my life. What an amazing way to relive the most important day of our life. The editing is superb. John captured all of the details. Once we got the video, I decided I did not like one of the songs I chose and Russell, a saint, was able to coordinate the change of the song, as if I did not know the video could be any more perfect.

The whole team was a dream to work with, highly recommend working with this phenominal team!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

The best wedding video service!

We worked with Russell of 617 Wedding Videos and from the day we booked the whole process was seamless! From booking, smoothing out details, the big day and the final product, the service we recieved was very professional and genuine. We recieved our finished product in the time frame originally given to us, and love our cinematic trailer! Russell captured everything from our wedding day, and love that we have this to watch forever! We would easily and happily recommend Russell from 617 Wedding Videos to everyone!

Sent on 01/27/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2018

The best dance party!

Jimmie was amazing to work with! From the first meeting he totally understood the vibe my now-husband and I were going for, and he literally had people of all ages on the dance floor the ENTIRE evening without fail. He's super friendly, outgoing, and organized, and he also wasn't afraid to take charge in making sure everything flowed as seamlessly as possible. The music can really make or break a wedding, but he absolutely nailed it--SO. MUCH. FUN! The only downside was how quickly the night was over! I'd highly recommend Jimmie and his 617 team to anyone looking for an awesome, versatile DJ!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

What a great experience we had working with Russell! He made the process very enjoyable and easy. He would follow up throughout the wedding process to ensure everything was going smoothly and up to date. On the actual wedding day, Russell arrived early to get photos of the venue and to capture the day. He was very professional and did an amazing job. I would refer him to anyone getting married in the future!

Thank you again!

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Kristie

Kristie Muise Silva · Married on 09/14/2018

5 STARS from 617!

We were lucky enough to have Russell Smithe from 617 Weddings as our videographer.....he was FABULOUS! When my husband I watched our cinematic highlight film for the first time we were both in tears! It was amazing to relive the best day of our lives! The wedding day goes by so fast and it was amazing to relive such special moments that Russell captured! Russell was a pleasure to work with and we never felt like he was “taping” us during our ceremony or reception! We can’t say enough about Russell and 617 Wedddings! Thank you for capturing the best day of our lives and giving us memories in film that we will have forever!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Paula · Married on 09/09/2018

Fun, awesome company to work with

We used 617 Weddings for our wedding video and it came out amazing! It was so much fun working with John the videographer. John was very professional, but at the same time he felt like a friend we both had known for a long time. He chatted with us and made the process fun and not weird at all to have a camera in your face. The company as a whole are easy to work with and get back to you right away with emails. They also keep you updated on any tasks you need to do before the day of the wedding. It was a pleasure to have them film our wedding and it is a great memory we will always have.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Elise Collins · Married on 09/07/2018

Photographer and Videographer

617 Weddings was an absolute pleasure to work with! Russell and his team are extremely responsive, friendly, and they are excellent at what they do.
    John Mullaney (Video) and Bharat Parmar (Photo) were professional and fit right in with my friends, family, and myself. They made us feel comfortable and not at all like we were on camera! They also worked extremely well with each other to get both video and photo footage.
    617 Weddings captured all of our favorite moments of the day- and some things we didn’t even remember because the day went by so fast.
    Capturing the memories of our day was the most important factor for me when planning our wedding, and we definitely made the right choice with 617 Weddings. I highly recommend 617 Weddings!

Sent on 12/04/2018

617 Weddings's reply:

Thank you for this AMAZING review Elise! you are officially our 200th! Thank you for trusting our business and passion!

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

Absolutely 5 stars!

Where do I even begin!!?!? From the moment I found 617 Weddings I was obsessed with the highlight video's they had posted on their site. I immediately reached out to book them and that's when I was introduced to Russell! He is absolutely incredible. He was so quick to respond to all my questions leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding he was beyond kind and captured every single special moment. We didn't even remember seeing him during the night but somehow he was always right in the middle of the action capturing our entire wedding from start to finish. We just received our highlight video last night and blown away is an understatement. He truly is so talented and we cannot thank him enough for the AMAZING finished product. We're so looking forward to watching the full video when it arrives. If you are second guessing hiring a videographer or do not know who to hire - LOOK NO FURTHER!!!!!!!!! Russell is the best and you will not regret booking him. I can promise you that!! Thank you so much Russell from the bottom of our hearts. You brought our wedding day to life and these are memories we will cherish forever.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Meghann

Meghann Basque · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing and friendly photographer!

One of the first vendors I booked after getting engaged was our videographer. I knew I wanted to have my wedding filmed so I could have a video to watch after the big day. When my husband and I went to meet with Russell at 617 Weddings we were both so impressed by his professionalism as well as his passion he had when he spoke about his work. The day of our wedding he was there from beginning to end filming every special moment. I cannot wait to see his finished product I already know I will have happy tears! If you’re engaged and looking for a videographer book Russell he is the absolute best!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/17/2018

Russell Smithe was EXCELLENT!

We were very fortunate to have Russell film our wedding at The Smith Barn at Brooksby Farm on August 17th. From beginning to end he made the process smooth sailing. When the day of the wedding arrived he continued to be a wonderful asset to our day! He worked seamlessly with our photographers, DJ, and other vendors throughout the night. We are excitedly waiting for our video to be finished, but we know it is going to exceed our expectations! When looking for a videographer, you will not regret hiring Russell!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/17/2018

We are blown away with this video!

My husband and I debated back and forth about video for awhile until we finally chose 617. Russell was very responsive and accomadating to all my requests. On the day of the wedding, we met john. Quite honestly, he fit right in with our families and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We hardly knew he was there! I can’t recommend 617 and their video team enough! Today we received our highlight video, Russell told me to grab some tissues. Boy was he right! I was blown away with how well they captured our day. I 100% know we made made the right choice in choosing to have a videographer and 617. We look forward to seeing the full video ! Thank you again Russell and John!

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Daniela

Daniela · Married on 08/12/2018

Worth every penny!

If you are reading this considering whether its worth having a videographer at your wedding, I'm here to tell you you can't afford to not have them - and there's no need to look further than 617 Weddings Video. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Russell Smithe, and he was professional from start to finish. He answered all our questions clearly and quickly before booking and stayed in touch with us during the wedding planning (I never had to think about it, he always reached out to us)! On our wedding day, Russell was on time, fun and relaxed, and I kept forgetting he was there because he was so unobtrusive, yet never missed a moment. We recently got our video back and we could not be more thrilled with the quality and how Russell told our story throughout the video. We would not hesitate to recommend him or 617 Weddings!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Auciello · Married on 08/04/2018

Fantastic!

The one thing I wish I had done was book 617Weddings sooner!! I made the decision to have a videographer very late in my planning. I sent an email with some questions and Russell responded within a couple hours! He took the time to go over all of my options with me and gave me input on what he thought based on what I was describing. Jon was our videographer for the day and he was just so wonderful! He was punctual, pleasant and just an absolute joy to work with. When my family saw our highlight video they were in awe of how beautiful everything looked and how all these important moments were captured. I can not stress how awesome everyone we interacted with at 617Weddings is! If you’re thinking of hiring a videographer, look no further! Russell and his team are the best of the best!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Brianna · Married on 07/14/2018

Russell was AMAZING and we were so happy that we had him as our videographer for our wedding day! He was always right in the action and his energy is truly contagious. Our video was breathtaking and we are just so grateful to have it to look back on. We could just go on and on about how pleased we are with everything. Russell is hands down the best around, and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Mary Katherine Stevens · Married on 07/13/2018

Thank you, 617 Weddings!

617 was by far the best decision we made (after getting married, of course). They were responsive, professional, and went above and beyond. We were made to feel special and important, and it was clear that our desires for our video were listened to and understood. Our video so represented who we are as a couple, and it could not have been more perfect. It's certainly something we will be watching frequently over the years to remind us of our special day! If you are looking for a videographer, without a doubt choose 617.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2018

Wedding - July 7, 2018

We would highly recommend Russell Smithe and Chris Profenna from 617 weddings. We had them for our videographer and Dj for our wedding at the Hilton Double Tree in Danvers, MA on July 7, 2018. They helped our day run so smoothly and stress free! When our video and our cinematic video came, we were so impressed and Russell did such a wonderful job capturing all of the important moments of our day and then some! We were able to relive our day through the video and it is something we will treasure forever. Dj Chris Profenna kept us and our guests dancing all night long. The music was awesome and exactly what we wanted for our wedding. If you are in need of a videographer and Dj, we HIGHLY recommend Russell and Chris!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Danielle · Married on 06/30/2018

Russel Smithe from 617 Weddings was an amazing photographer for our wedding on June 30th at The Commons 1854 in Topsfield, MA. He was super professional, but kept it real and he seemed to have a blast, especially while shooting the footage on the dance floor! He was very responsive to our questions and was super accommodating to all our ideas and wishes.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2018

Working with 617 Weddings Video was AMAZING! Russell was so helpful and ensured that we got all of the footage we wanted during our special day. Our wedding highlight video was INCREDIBLE and captured our personalities so perfectly. Russell, we cannot thank you enough for capturing all of our special moments and more throughout our wedding day!

Sent on 08/31/2018