21st Century Sounds Reviews

54 | Alamo, CA

54 Reviews for 21st Century Sounds

Brittany Morgan · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly Recommend - True Consultant/Partner

Brian did my sister's wedding 7 years ago so when we needed a DJ, we knew exactly who to reach out to. He helped significantly on talking through the logistics of the day, providing ideas on how to create the vibe you are looking for, and was always very responsive. For our wedding, we decided to use one of his DJ's, Arren. Arren was amazing on the day of the wedding. The playlist was a hit and everyone had a blast. I highly recommend 21st Century Sound, Brian, and Arren. Thanks for making our day go so smoothly and creating a dance floor that didn't want to leave!

Monica Warren · Married on 10/15/2018

Perfect DJ..Magical Day..no need to look elsewhere

From our very first phone call we knew we were in great hands with Brian and 21st Century. Our entire experience was top notch and every step of the way he listened and made our every special moment of our day come alive. Our run of show and documents describing and outlining each moment were lived out.
    On our magical day the music and all the announcements and such from the DJ were spot on with the entire evening was executed with attention to detail and our needs and wants.
    No need to look any further and we know you will be writing a similar review after your event. Its always reassuring to see how others felt as our wedding day was our dream day and our DJ played a key role.
    Thank you Brian and Aaron!!!

Josh · Married on 06/23/2018

21st Century Sounds helped make our wedding the amazing experience that it was! Brian spent a lot of time with us in advance to help us plan out the overall timeline, and choose the perfect songs for each key event from the beginning of the ceremony through the reception. He was extremely responsive to all of our questions and requests for tweaks in the plan and playlist throughout the time leading up to our wedding day. On the day of, our DJ, Joey, was professional and entertaining, and kept the day flowing right on track and the beats pumping during the reception!

Everything about 21st Century Sounds, from the equipment, to the team, to Brian’s personal touch, is first class. The entire experience was extremely low stress and easy, and the day of was a blast and couldn't have gone better. Highly recommend for anyone looking to hire a DJ for a wedding or any other special event!

S · Married on 05/27/2018

Brian and Jonathan were great to work with. Brian was extremely helpful and supportive in helping us organize and plan our day of the wedding. He sent us very well organized e-mails and gave us a lot of great suggestion on how to organize our evening. Jonathan, who was our DJ, was also very reliable and a great communicator! He continuously communicated with us during the wedding and made the evening run very smoothly.
    21st Century Sounds is a venue that I would highly recommend to anyone looking to have a DJ for their event. Also, their uplighting package that we added in later was awesome. It made a huge difference in setting the mood for the reception area, and the cost was also very reasonable.

Sondra · Married on 12/16/2017

Arren is by far the best DJ I have ever met!! He was professional from the beginning of the wedding till the end. He always kept my new husband or myself inform on what was happening thru out the night. He was dancing with my guest and made sure the dance floor stayed full. He was fun and energetic and always moving around to make our night as magical as possible. If you ever book a DJ , I 110% strongly recommend Arren!! You won't be disappointed!!

Brian the owner took care of us from the beginning and made sure our timeline was exactly how we wanted it. He kept us calm and laughing they put this whole process. This company is well worth the money!!

Michelle · Married on 10/23/2017

I initially worked with Brian to hire a DJ for my wedding reception on 11/4/17. He was very helpful and quick to respond to my calls and emails. We decided to hire Arren. My husband and I were extremely happy we decided to go with 21st Century, and specifically Arren. He was both professional and personable and made
    sure everything ran smooth the entire night. He continuously checked in with me with a simple “thumbs up” to make sure I was happy with the music through out the night. He did an amazing job! He visited with guests and it felt like he was part of the party and not just there to do a job.
    Everyone had a great time dancing. Several of my guests have made comments to me about how great the DJ was. I look forward to finding an excuse to have another party so I can hire Arren again! : )

Jare · Married on 10/20/2017

21st Century Sounds was awesome for our wedding day! They did the music for our ceremony and reception, and they did a fantastic job. Brian worked with me on every detail - down to the pronunciation of the names for everyone in my bridal party (which I appreciated, since my husband and I have uncommon names). He thought of things I didn't and worked very well with my wedding coordinator. Arren was our DJ, and he was awesome - very friendly, professional yet fun! He played all the songs we wanted, checked in with me to make sure everything was going well and kept the party going all night! Music is a HUGE part of your wedding day, and it can make a big difference in how the night goes. If you want professionals who know what they're doing and a fun party, then go with 21st Century!

Margo · Married on 10/07/2017

Brian and our DJ, Arren, worked hard to create a fun and worry-free wedding day for us. Brian is impressively prompt when responding to emails and really friendly to chat with whenever we were on the phone. His list of 200 most-requested wedding songs is a great jumping-off point, and we ended up getting really into the song list, adding a lot of our own choices, which Brian and Arren did a great job incorporating into the day.

At the wedding, Arren was super friendly, checking in with us often to make sure we were doing alright and seeing if he could do anything to help out. He did an awesome job mixing two songs together for our first dance, and was really helpful working with our other vendors to make announcements and introductions.

We felt like we had a really personalized DJ experience and I'm so glad we worked with them for our wedding.

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Brian and Joey for my wedding on October 7th. I was lucky enough to witness both Brian and Joey DJ'ing other weddings so it was an easy decision for me to select 21st Century Sounds for my wedding. Both are excellent MC's and played a great mix of songs. Brian was so great to work with throughout the planning process from creating the entire event timeline, responding to my dozens of emails with changes (changed a couple special dance songs week of the wedding!!!), and was there for me with answers to all of my questions in a timely manner. Joey was my DJ for the day of, but he is unfortunately moving to Las Vegas and we were his 2nd to last wedding in California. He was fabulous and a testament to the caliber of DJ's Brian wants to have on his team. If you are looking for a professional, fun, and awesome DJ for your wedding, please consider Brian and the team at 21st Century Sounds!!

Karen · Married on 09/16/2017

We had a great experience with Brian as our DJ! He's a real pro. He assisted with our custom song selection, guided us through the evening, and the dance floor was full all night. Everyone had a wonderful time. It was the best day ever!

ashley · Married on 09/16/2017

Brian is just great!!! He was our DJ and we received nothing but positive comments. The whole process with Brian was wonderful. When I contacted him he got back to me instantly and I was able to speak with him over the phone. I got the right vibes and booked him (after 7 DJ phone interviews in one day, he was the one). My husband and I met with him in his office to go over the songs we thought we wanted throughout the event. He has a great timeline, a plethora of songs to choose from and is very up to date on music. My father wanted a Guns and Roses song for our father daughter dance and Brian provided me multiple options to choose from. Fast forward to the wedding day, Brian was nothing but professional. He even helped pick foxtails out of my dress with all my girls prior to walking down the aisle, he just jumped right in! He really goes above and beyond. During the wedding, the song transitions were spot on and his voice is perfect for the MC. We received endless comments about how fun our dance party was, the whole party was literally on the dance floor all night. I would highly recommend!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

We worked with Brian and Joey leading up to our wedding day. They are both professional and communicative business owners and helped us create our wedding day timeline and playlist well in advance. Joey was our DJ for our wedding in South Lake Tahoe and our dance floor was packed the entire evening! He played all sorts of genres requested by our guests and even provided uplighting and DJ booth lighting for our event. We cannot thank him enough for helping make our wedding day run smoothly and for keeping the party going! We highly recommend them for your wedding or event.

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2017

Brian and Joey were so easy and fun to work with. Brian was able to meet with us right away. He is such an amazing guy!! Joey did such an awesome job. I'm so happy we picked him to be our dj. He played all the music I love and made it so much fun to dance all night! I highly recommend 21st century sounds for anyone's wedding! They made our special day absolutely awesome!!!

Mario · Married on 07/21/2017

We hired Brian for our wedding on 7/21/17 and he was outstanding! Leading up to the wedding he invited my wife and I over to his house multiple times to plan for the wedding. He was essentially an expert wedding planner with tremendous amounts of knowledge on music. His suggestions were critical to the flow and energy of our wedding, and they worked out very well. Brian conversed with guests, assisted with things at the wedding that were outside of just being a DJ, and made sure all of our guests from different backgrounds and of different ages felt included. Brian helped make our wedding day the very best of our lives and we would both without a doubt hire him in a heartbeat if we could do it again! We have had many requests for his contact info and company name from guests following the wedding because they enjoyed his services so much.

Bethany · Married on 07/15/2017

Our experience with 21st Century Sounds was superb! Brian got back to us on pricing within 24 hours, helped us figure out our wedding day itinerary, gave us input on wedding day favorites and made great suggestions for wedding participation/dances. Joey was our DJ for the day and played a great mix of tunes, for older and younger generations. We were running behind on the day of, and Joey was very flexible to sticking around an extra hour to keep the party going (not free of course). He took requests at the end of the night and was very patient with drunken shenanigans. My wife and I never felt worried about this part of our big day due to how easy it was to work with them and the great communication they provided. Would highly recommend!

Reid · Married on 07/15/2017

I highly recommend Brian and Johnathan! The whole experience was easy, strait forward and worry free which is worth its weigh in gold when planning and executing a wedding.

Right from the beginning, Brian and his team were responsive (first to respond after contacting a few different DJs). After chatting with Brian on the phone, I knew we had found our DJ. He was extremely professional and wanted to make things as easy for us as he could. He sent us a very clear quote and an excellent example reception timeline that we customized to fit our plan. We chatted on the phone once we had a rough schedule and Brian took the time to go through each element, throwing out suggestions and making sure he knew how to pronounce names. From there we basically just emailed back and forth tweaks and changes until we had it down.

The day of went great. We went with one of the associates, Johnathan, who did an amazing job. He was extremely flexible and did a great job managing all the guests making request and asking to make a toast. The music selection was excellent and kept a good flow with the schedule and keeping people dancing.

We also used them for uplighting and it looked great!

Alyssa · Married on 07/01/2017

Brian was amazing! He has a very cool voice and was loved by us and all my guests. He was very helpful with the planning, patient and did not disappoint. We had so much fun dancing and his playlist was perfect! He pronounced everyone's name correctly and was a great MC! We got blue lighting in addition and it was awesome! We highly recommend Brian! :) We had people I have never seen dance dancing most of the night! He has great ideas about making the night more special and getting everyone involved in the dances... it was a big hit! :) Thanks so much Brian!

Rosemary · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I are very happy and satisfied with the service 21st Century provided, Brian Fitzsimmons was our initial contact, he assured us he would do everything to make sure our event would go smoothly. Our DJ Joey was the best, he took the time to call days prior to our event to ask if we had any questions or concerns. The music he played at our wedding reception was exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend 21st Century for your next event!!

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

I promise you, do not hesitate in booking with Brian and his team. Our DJ was Bart and he was great. He really helped keep things moving and that dreaded lull never came about! Everyone was telling me how great the DJ was and I was quite surprised how many people were actually dancing. It also helped that once I booked my wedding coordinator and went over vendors that she even confirmed that Brian and his team were awesome. Thank you so much, it was an absolute blast!

daniel · Married on 05/06/2017

We just go back from our Honeymoon, sorry for the delay.

We had Joey as our DJ. My Wife and I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Joey is more then just the DJ. He worked with all the caterers, made sure we were on schedule throughout the night, it goes by too quickly! It takes the worry off your shoulders and just have fun.

Joey was very sincere when on the mic yet throws in subtle funniness to keep that good vibe going throughout the night.

Our tastes for music was mainly Indie, with some old school rock and rap mixed in. I thought it would be a problem with the indie music due to a lot of songs that a great to listen to, but hard to dance to at the same time. But joey nailed it. All the songs were great and fun. We received a lot compliments throughout the night.

Thank you again 21st team and Joey for an amazing night. Christina and I loved it.

Daniel.

Elizabeth · Married on 01/07/2017

I cannot say thank you enough to Brian and Mark from 21st century sounds! Mark DJ'ed our wedding last Saturday and he did an amazing job! We gave him a list of songs we definitely wanted played and he played all of them and let him play other songs as he saw fit which he did a great job and created a really great flow for the evening. I would highly recommend them for any event or wedding!

• Winterbride2017

Courtney · Married on 01/07/2017

Our wedding went off without a hitch and Arren was fantastic to work with! He was calm, cool, collected and kept us on task. Everyone was happy with him so I just wanted to reach out and let you know how much we appreciate 21st Century Sounds. You guys did a great job and were so easy to work with!

RIck · Married on 10/27/2016

Brian and his staff were outstanding! We met with Brian about 2-months prior to our wedding, and he help us design a comprehensive agenda for both the ceremony and dinner service. When we first spoke with Brian, you can tell immediately he knew how to make a party successful...he immediately put us at easy. During the ceremony, dinner, and dancing Brian was engaging with the quest and had fun himself. The value extended beyond just his services, because Brian provide excellent recommendations for photographer and florest. Individuals he has worked with for years and the coordination between Brian and Jim, the Photographer, was perfect. No need to look further...call Brian and book your event. Brian will make your guest and you truly happy.

Katelin · Married on 10/01/2016

We couldn't have had a better DJ at our wedding, made everything flow so smoothly and couldn't have asked for better service! Highly recommend 21st Century Sounds :)