51 Reviews for 21st Century Sounds

Liability Insurance (1)
Disco Ball (1)
Projector (1)
51 21st Century Sounds Reviews

Brian and Jonathan were great to work with. Brian was extremely helpful and supportive in helping us organize and plan our day of the wedding. He sent us very well organized e-mails and gave us a lot of great suggestion on how to organize our evening. Jonathan, who was our DJ, was also very reliable and a great communicator! He continuously communicated with us during the wedding and made the evening run very smoothly.
21st Century Sounds is a venue that I would highly recommend to anyone looking to have a DJ for their event. Also, their uplighting package that we added in later was awesome. It made a huge difference in setting the mood for the reception area, and the cost was also very reasonable.

Profile Picture S, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Arren is by far the best DJ I have ever met!! He was professional from the beginning of the wedding till the end. He always kept my new husband or myself inform on what was happening thru out the night. He was dancing with my guest and made sure the dance floor stayed full. He was fun and energetic and always moving around to make our night as magical as possible. If you ever book a DJ , I 110% strongly recommend Arren!! You won't be disappointed!!

Brian the owner took care of us from the beginning and made sure our timeline was exactly how we wanted it. He kept us calm and laughing they put this whole process. This company is well worth the money!!

Profile Picture Sondra, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting

I initially worked with Brian to hire a DJ for my wedding reception on 11/4/17. He was very helpful and quick to respond to my calls and emails. We decided to hire Arren. My husband and I were extremely happy we decided to go with 21st Century, and specifically Arren. He was both professional and personable and made
sure everything ran smooth the entire night. He continuously checked in with me with a simple “thumbs up” to make sure I was happy with the music through out the night. He did an amazing job! He visited with guests and it felt like he was part of the party and not just there to do a job.
Everyone had a great time dancing. Several of my guests have made comments to me about how great the DJ was. I look forward to finding an excuse to have another party so I can hire Arren again! : )

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

21st Century Sounds was awesome for our wedding day! They did the music for our ceremony and reception, and they did a fantastic job. Brian worked with me on every detail - down to the pronunciation of the names for everyone in my bridal party (which I appreciated, since my husband and I have uncommon names). He thought of things I didn't and worked very well with my wedding coordinator. Arren was our DJ, and he was awesome - very friendly, professional yet fun! He played all the songs we wanted, checked in with me to make sure everything was going well and kept the party going all night! Music is a HUGE part of your wedding day, and it can make a big difference in how the night goes. If you want professionals who know what they're doing and a fun party, then go with 21st Century!

Profile Picture Jare, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian and our DJ, Arren, worked hard to create a fun and worry-free wedding day for us. Brian is impressively prompt when responding to emails and really friendly to chat with whenever we were on the phone. His list of 200 most-requested wedding songs is a great jumping-off point, and we ended up getting really into the song list, adding a lot of our own choices, which Brian and Arren did a great job incorporating into the day.

At the wedding, Arren was super friendly, checking in with us often to make sure we were doing alright and seeing if he could do anything to help out. He did an awesome job mixing two songs together for our first dance, and was really helpful working with our other vendors to make announcements and introductions.

We felt like we had a really personalized DJ experience and I'm so glad we worked with them for our wedding.

Profile Picture Margo, 10/7/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had the pleasure of working with Brian and Joey for my wedding on October 7th. I was lucky enough to witness both Brian and Joey DJ'ing other weddings so it was an easy decision for me to select 21st Century Sounds for my wedding. Both are excellent MC's and played a great mix of songs. Brian was so great to work with throughout the planning process from creating the entire event timeline, responding to my dozens of emails with changes (changed a couple special dance songs week of the wedding!!!), and was there for me with answers to all of my questions in a timely manner. Joey was my DJ for the day of, but he is unfortunately moving to Las Vegas and we were his 2nd to last wedding in California. He was fabulous and a testament to the caliber of DJ's Brian wants to have on his team. If you are looking for a professional, fun, and awesome DJ for your wedding, please consider Brian and the team at 21st Century Sounds!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day

We had a great experience with Brian as our DJ! He's a real pro. He assisted with our custom song selection, guided us through the evening, and the dance floor was full all night. Everyone had a wonderful time. It was the best day ever!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian is just great!!! He was our DJ and we received nothing but positive comments. The whole process with Brian was wonderful. When I contacted him he got back to me instantly and I was able to speak with him over the phone. I got the right vibes and booked him (after 7 DJ phone interviews in one day, he was the one). My husband and I met with him in his office to go over the songs we thought we wanted throughout the event. He has a great timeline, a plethora of songs to choose from and is very up to date on music. My father wanted a Guns and Roses song for our father daughter dance and Brian provided me multiple options to choose from. Fast forward to the wedding day, Brian was nothing but professional. He even helped pick foxtails out of my dress with all my girls prior to walking down the aisle, he just jumped right in! He really goes above and beyond. During the wedding, the song transitions were spot on and his voice is perfect for the MC. We received endless comments about how fun our dance party was, the whole party was literally on the dance floor all night. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture ashley, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Brian and Joey leading up to our wedding day. They are both professional and communicative business owners and helped us create our wedding day timeline and playlist well in advance. Joey was our DJ for our wedding in South Lake Tahoe and our dance floor was packed the entire evening! He played all sorts of genres requested by our guests and even provided uplighting and DJ booth lighting for our event. We cannot thank him enough for helping make our wedding day run smoothly and for keeping the party going! We highly recommend them for your wedding or event.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian and Joey were so easy and fun to work with. Brian was able to meet with us right away. He is such an amazing guy!! Joey did such an awesome job. I'm so happy we picked him to be our dj. He played all the music I love and made it so much fun to dance all night! I highly recommend 21st century sounds for anyone's wedding! They made our special day absolutely awesome!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

We hired Brian for our wedding on 7/21/17 and he was outstanding! Leading up to the wedding he invited my wife and I over to his house multiple times to plan for the wedding. He was essentially an expert wedding planner with tremendous amounts of knowledge on music. His suggestions were critical to the flow and energy of our wedding, and they worked out very well. Brian conversed with guests, assisted with things at the wedding that were outside of just being a DJ, and made sure all of our guests from different backgrounds and of different ages felt included. Brian helped make our wedding day the very best of our lives and we would both without a doubt hire him in a heartbeat if we could do it again! We have had many requests for his contact info and company name from guests following the wedding because they enjoyed his services so much.

Profile Picture Mario, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with 21st Century Sounds was superb! Brian got back to us on pricing within 24 hours, helped us figure out our wedding day itinerary, gave us input on wedding day favorites and made great suggestions for wedding participation/dances. Joey was our DJ for the day and played a great mix of tunes, for older and younger generations. We were running behind on the day of, and Joey was very flexible to sticking around an extra hour to keep the party going (not free of course). He took requests at the end of the night and was very patient with drunken shenanigans. My wife and I never felt worried about this part of our big day due to how easy it was to work with them and the great communication they provided. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Bethany, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I highly recommend Brian and Johnathan! The whole experience was easy, strait forward and worry free which is worth its weigh in gold when planning and executing a wedding.

Right from the beginning, Brian and his team were responsive (first to respond after contacting a few different DJs). After chatting with Brian on the phone, I knew we had found our DJ. He was extremely professional and wanted to make things as easy for us as he could. He sent us a very clear quote and an excellent example reception timeline that we customized to fit our plan. We chatted on the phone once we had a rough schedule and Brian took the time to go through each element, throwing out suggestions and making sure he knew how to pronounce names. From there we basically just emailed back and forth tweaks and changes until we had it down.

The day of went great. We went with one of the associates, Johnathan, who did an amazing job. He was extremely flexible and did a great job managing all the guests making request and asking to make a toast. The music selection was excellent and kept a good flow with the schedule and keeping people dancing.

We also used them for uplighting and it looked great!

Profile Picture Reid, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Brian was amazing! He has a very cool voice and was loved by us and all my guests. He was very helpful with the planning, patient and did not disappoint. We had so much fun dancing and his playlist was perfect! He pronounced everyone's name correctly and was a great MC! We got blue lighting in addition and it was awesome! We highly recommend Brian! :) We had people I have never seen dance dancing most of the night! He has great ideas about making the night more special and getting everyone involved in the dances... it was a big hit! :) Thanks so much Brian!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I are very happy and satisfied with the service 21st Century provided, Brian Fitzsimmons was our initial contact, he assured us he would do everything to make sure our event would go smoothly. Our DJ Joey was the best, he took the time to call days prior to our event to ask if we had any questions or concerns. The music he played at our wedding reception was exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend 21st Century for your next event!!

Profile Picture Rosemary, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I promise you, do not hesitate in booking with Brian and his team. Our DJ was Bart and he was great. He really helped keep things moving and that dreaded lull never came about! Everyone was telling me how great the DJ was and I was quite surprised how many people were actually dancing. It also helped that once I booked my wedding coordinator and went over vendors that she even confirmed that Brian and his team were awesome. Thank you so much, it was an absolute blast!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We just go back from our Honeymoon, sorry for the delay.

We had Joey as our DJ. My Wife and I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Joey is more then just the DJ. He worked with all the caterers, made sure we were on schedule throughout the night, it goes by too quickly! It takes the worry off your shoulders and just have fun.

Joey was very sincere when on the mic yet throws in subtle funniness to keep that good vibe going throughout the night.

Our tastes for music was mainly Indie, with some old school rock and rap mixed in. I thought it would be a problem with the indie music due to a lot of songs that a great to listen to, but hard to dance to at the same time. But joey nailed it. All the songs were great and fun. We received a lot compliments throughout the night.

Thank you again 21st team and Joey for an amazing night. Christina and I loved it.

Daniel.

Profile Picture daniel, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding went off without a hitch and Arren was fantastic to work with! He was calm, cool, collected and kept us on task. Everyone was happy with him so I just wanted to reach out and let you know how much we appreciate 21st Century Sounds. You guys did a great job and were so easy to work with!

Profile Picture User6542181, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I cannot say thank you enough to Brian and Mark from 21st century sounds! Mark DJ'ed our wedding last Saturday and he did an amazing job! We gave him a list of songs we definitely wanted played and he played all of them and let him play other songs as he saw fit which he did a great job and created a really great flow for the evening. I would highly recommend them for any event or wedding!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Brian and his staff were outstanding! We met with Brian about 2-months prior to our wedding, and he help us design a comprehensive agenda for both the ceremony and dinner service. When we first spoke with Brian, you can tell immediately he knew how to make a party successful...he immediately put us at easy. During the ceremony, dinner, and dancing Brian was engaging with the quest and had fun himself. The value extended beyond just his services, because Brian provide excellent recommendations for photographer and florest. Individuals he has worked with for years and the coordination between Brian and Jim, the Photographer, was perfect. No need to look further...call Brian and book your event. Brian will make your guest and you truly happy.

Profile Picture RIck, 10/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We couldn't have had a better DJ at our wedding, made everything flow so smoothly and couldn't have asked for better service! Highly recommend 21st Century Sounds :)

Profile Picture Katelin, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Arren was our DJ and he did an amazing job! He was at our venue setting up when arrived for photos a few hours before our ceremony and he come over to us introduced himself and let us know that he was here for us and to help us have an unforgettable wedding.

Arren was super friendly with all of our guests and he did an amazing job picking out music to play that suited the crowd. I asked him to play one Nsync song for my sister who is a huge fan and it turned out that everyone was super into the boyband songs. Arren played a few more boyband hits and every one was up dancing and a dance battle between groomsmen took place!

During dinner I stopped by Arren's booth a few times and asked him to play certain favorite songs of our guests and he did so instantly!

Profile Picture samantha, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

Words do not do justice to how FANTASTIC 21st Century Sound was to work with for my wedding.

Leading up the wedding, Brian was so easy to communicate with and very thorough, ensuring that we had the timeline down and he knew exactly what vibe I was going for. He even met me and the groom at our venue to scope it out, and go over details.

Upon meeting Arren, our assigned DJ, on our wedding day, I was so comforted by his calm demeanor and candor. He set the tone for the entire day. And I gotta say that as the bride, I loved when he told me: "Today is your day. Whatever you need, I'm here." It rang true as I asked for his help a lot throughout the evening!

His song choice was on-point; he played all the music we requested (with a few surprises that were perfect); and his MC-ing carried the entire wedding from beginning to end. Everyone loved him: my mom can't stop bragging about how they danced together, the groom comments often on his ability to cleverly incorporate song lyrics into every response, and my girlfriends can't stop talking about how fun it was when he led us in a dance.

I highly recommend calling 21st Century Sound for your next event --- and when you do, be sure to ask for DJ Arren!!

Profile Picture Rachael, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely loved them!!! Our friend used Brian (the owner) for their wedding several years ago and referred us. We had a great experience all year working with Brian through all the planning and he made it so easy! He was unavailable for the weekend of our wedding so Arren was our dj and I can't say enough great things about him! He was so much fun and even danced with us on some songs. He took some great pictures in the photobooth to add to our guest book. Something so important that we never would have thought of... He noticed we were getting stopped from eating and my husband kept getting stopped on the way to he bathroom, he came up and said he needed to talk to us real quick just to give us that quick escape for the things we needed to do. We couldn't be happier with how the whole night went and got a ton of compliments on how great Arren did. Thank you both again for everything, it made our door so much more amazing!

View Vendor Response