Aurora, NY 13026 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,800
Availability Check your date

About Whitney Nichols Photography

Welcome! Whitney Nichols Photography has a timeless and organic aesthetic. I find it to be a romantic and endearing thought that at one point in time, a single wedding portrait was all a couple received. And it was exquisite in every last detail, right down to the etched patinaed frame and velvet backing. Modern day brides deserve to have the same beautiful portraits that their own grandmothers treasured and it is my pleasure to provide them with these.

I was educated in the arts at Arizona State University, where I received my BFA in Photography. My area of focus is in large -format and alternative process photography, with a particular interest in historical photographic techniques. The time and effort given to these practices has further developed my approach to wedding photography. I believe special focus should be paid to the quality of each image so that every bride remembers her wedding day with beautiful and timeless photographic keepsakes and genuine works of art.

Although based primarily in the Finger Lakes area, I love connecting with out-of-state brides to discuss the possibility of traveling for your wedding, along with all your photography questions and ideas. Please get in touch and we can go over all the details together!

Follow Whitney Nichols Photography on

e978834d4eaf45c3 1522085574 3d57e615a94ec110 1522085573764 5 glamorous old worl
48bebb504c8f266d 1522085503 be529e4ee9e08b3c 1522085502587 2 WhitneyNicholsPhot

22 Reviews for Whitney Nichols Photography

Trista · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Whitney was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning. After meeting her for the first time, I turned to my husband and told him that I wanted to be FRIENDS with her. She has the most beautiful personality and her photographs are absolutely stunning. She made our engagement shoot fun and exciting during what could have been a sort of awkward, forced afternoon. Whitney blew us away with our amazing engagement photos, so I knew our wedding photos would be breathtaking. She was so much fun to chat/text with in the weeks leading up to our wedding and she has this unique sense about her that really makes you feel at ease. After a not so great morning with my hair/makeup artists, I was so relieved when Whitney arrived with her positive energy and sparkling personality. She and her husband made the best team and while we haven't received all of our photos yet, Whitney went out of her way to send me some sneak peeks while my husband and I were on our honeymoon! They're gorgeous- just like I knew they would be. If you're looking for a photographer who's not only an incredibly talented artist, but someone who will make you feel your absolute best, Whitney is IT. She's the absolute best!

Whitney Nichols Photography 1
    Whitney Nichols Photography 2
    Whitney Nichols Photography 3
    Whitney Nichols Photography 4

Mai · Married on 06/02/2018

Whitney is one of the best people I’ve ever met. She has a wonderful energy and true passion for photography and everything she does. The best way I can describe her is she loves love. She wants to find a way to show your love in its truest and most natural form. Whitney manages to portray you as your most beautiful self, while still feeling like yourself.

Whitney’s love for what she does come across in every interaction with her. From the beginning she was so responsive to all my questions. We were certainly nervous for our engagement photos and were worried we’d feel awkward or uncomfortable walking through Brooklyn and posing awkwardly. But working with Whitney is so different. She made us feel so comfortable and talked us through natural movement to create the most beautiful photos.

The wedding went so smoothly, as she kindly did a walk through of all our locations a few days before the wedding to understand the lighting and timeline of the day. Whitney has the happiest energy and was so wonderful to have around all day. Her and her husband/co-shooter, Mike were the perfect reminder to enjoy the day and celebrate love. It didn’t hurt to have a real couple show photos ideas when my husband and I were being especially awkward…

Whitney’s energy, excitement and flexibility show how special she thinks every wedding is. She doesn’t limit the number of photos she gives you, but wants to share with you as many as she can and to tell the story as fully as possible.

Her documentary style photography captures every moment and emotion during the day. I love her ability to find light and darkness and show real depth in every photo. Every photo feels purposeful, perfect and was taken with such care. Hopefully my rambling review will help you realize how special it is to have Whitney as part of your wedding day! Thank you Whit for the amazing photos and making us feel so special and loved along the way!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Whitney Nichols Photography 9
    Whitney Nichols Photography 10
    Whitney Nichols Photography 11

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Mai, this is a beautiful review! Thank you from the bottom of my heart (or as Mike would say...thank you from the top of my heart because who wants anything from the bottom?!), hehe! We love you both + can't wait to celebrate future milestones through many laughs + photographs!

Lydia · Married on 11/13/2017

Whitney is unbelievable as a photographer but more importantly as a person! She has done two photoshoots of my daughter. The first was at the hospital the day my daughter was born the second was just yesterday as my daughter is about to turn 6 months old. I HATE having my picture taken but Whitney made me feel comfortable and pretty! Keep in mind our first pictures were hours after I gave birth. To say she is talented would be an understatement, she made me feel pretty after delivering a baby!!! Whitney takes the time to get to know you, she is patient yet tells you exactly what to do and how to move for the best shot. I have always know that Whitney's work was beautiful but to be lucky enough to have precious, fleeting moments of MY daughter captured through her view, there are no words to describe that. Whitney will be taking many more pictures for my family, no matter what the event. Whitney's work is money very well spent. She is quick in getting you the final product, makes it so easily accessible and knows just the right mix of professionalism and humor!! I am very thankful to have found Whitney!!!

Whitney Nichols Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints

• Craig Griffin Photography
    Craig Griffin Photography Wedding Photographers

Whitney is both a genuinely kind person and outstanding photographer. Her images have served as a source of inspiration to me and she is the only photographer I am completely confident in recommending to clients when I am unavailable.

• Bridget Rochelle Photography
    Bridget Rochelle Photography Wedding Photographers

Whitney is an absolutely fantastic photographer! She is so down to earth and really knows who she is as a photographer. I highly recommend her! She is willing to partner with other photographers and build relationships in the business!

• Fern Croft Floral
    Fern Croft Floral Wedding Florists

Whitneys photos are magical.

• Aurora, NY 13026 See on map