Aurora, NY 13026 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,800
Availability Check your date

About Whitney Nichols Photography

Welcome! Whitney Nichols Photography has a timeless and organic aesthetic. I find it to be a romantic and endearing thought that at one point in time, a single wedding portrait was all a couple received. And it was exquisite in every last detail, right down to the etched patinaed frame and velvet backing. Modern day brides deserve to have the same beautiful portraits that their own grandmothers treasured and it is my pleasure to provide them with these.

I was educated in the arts at Arizona State University, where I received my BFA in Photography. My area of focus is in large -format and alternative process photography, with a particular interest in historical photographic techniques. The time and effort given to these practices has further developed my approach to wedding photography. I believe special focus should be paid to the quality of each image so that every bride remembers her wedding day with beautiful and timeless photographic keepsakes and genuine works of art.

Although based primarily in the Finger Lakes area, I love connecting with out-of-state brides to discuss the possibility of traveling for your wedding, along with all your photography questions and ideas. Please get in touch and we can go over all the details together!

Follow Whitney Nichols Photography on

24 Reviews for Whitney Nichols Photography

• Grace

Grace Gianneschi · Married on 07/13/2019

Photos to cherish forever

Whitney Nichols deserves every accolade for the beautiful artist and person she is! Among a rocking team of vendors at our wedding, Whit was and is our shining star. She's not just an incredible photographer and artist, but she's someone you'll want to be friends with forever-- she's kind, warm, inviting, and a joy to be around. I can't decide what's better about her--- that she's so freaking talented, or that she's so great to work with and overall a joy to spend time with. I'll try to keep this short-- but some highlights: Whitney is incredibly talented, you all. Our photos take my breath away. She has such an eye. She's captured the nostalgia, the warmth, the energy, and the joy of each moment. Her photos are alive. Her B&Ws will make you cry. Her photos will bring you back to those precious moments over and over again. Secondly, her work ethic and commitment to making the day perfect for us speaks volumes about her passion for what she does. From our first meeting until well after the wedding, she made herself always available and flexible and was clear about her commitment to us. On the day of the wedding (and the night before at the rehearsal dinner), she and her husband Mike effortlessly guided us through the day's events and through portraits (something my husband and I don't take to so naturally). We felt so comfortable and at ease thanks to them, and my GOD the results are amazing. Finally, after the wedding, I had made some requests that I feared would be asking too much, but Whitney was always flexible and accommodating, always warm and kind to work with. I don't even have the words to express how grateful I am for her and her beautiful work. I will cherish these photos forever. You will be so glad you booked Whitney for your wedding, I recommend her from the very bottom of my heart. Thank you Whitney for all you have given us!! XOXO

Sent on 02/24/2020

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Grace, this review is so beautifully written and has filled my heart with such happiness! We are so grateful to have celebrated with you and your beautiful family...you both encompass everything that we love about photographing weddings...truth, beauty, and genuine joy.

Trista · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Whitney was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning. After meeting her for the first time, I turned to my husband and told him that I wanted to be FRIENDS with her. She has the most beautiful personality and her photographs are absolutely stunning. She made our engagement shoot fun and exciting during what could have been a sort of awkward, forced afternoon. Whitney blew us away with our amazing engagement photos, so I knew our wedding photos would be breathtaking. She was so much fun to chat/text with in the weeks leading up to our wedding and she has this unique sense about her that really makes you feel at ease. After a not so great morning with my hair/makeup artists, I was so relieved when Whitney arrived with her positive energy and sparkling personality. She and her husband made the best team and while we haven't received all of our photos yet, Whitney went out of her way to send me some sneak peeks while my husband and I were on our honeymoon! They're gorgeous- just like I knew they would be. If you're looking for a photographer who's not only an incredibly talented artist, but someone who will make you feel your absolute best, Whitney is IT. She's the absolute best!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

You are such a gem, Trista! THANK YOU for this spectacular review...it is appreciated beyond words! Okay, now let's HANG OUT ALREADY!!!!

Mai · Married on 06/02/2018

Whitney is one of the best people I’ve ever met. She has a wonderful energy and true passion for photography and everything she does. The best way I can describe her is she loves love. She wants to find a way to show your love in its truest and most natural form. Whitney manages to portray you as your most beautiful self, while still feeling like yourself.

Whitney’s love for what she does come across in every interaction with her. From the beginning she was so responsive to all my questions. We were certainly nervous for our engagement photos and were worried we’d feel awkward or uncomfortable walking through Brooklyn and posing awkwardly. But working with Whitney is so different. She made us feel so comfortable and talked us through natural movement to create the most beautiful photos.

The wedding went so smoothly, as she kindly did a walk through of all our locations a few days before the wedding to understand the lighting and timeline of the day. Whitney has the happiest energy and was so wonderful to have around all day. Her and her husband/co-shooter, Mike were the perfect reminder to enjoy the day and celebrate love. It didn’t hurt to have a real couple show photos ideas when my husband and I were being especially awkward…

Whitney’s energy, excitement and flexibility show how special she thinks every wedding is. She doesn’t limit the number of photos she gives you, but wants to share with you as many as she can and to tell the story as fully as possible.

Her documentary style photography captures every moment and emotion during the day. I love her ability to find light and darkness and show real depth in every photo. Every photo feels purposeful, perfect and was taken with such care. Hopefully my rambling review will help you realize how special it is to have Whitney as part of your wedding day! Thank you Whit for the amazing photos and making us feel so special and loved along the way!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Mai, this is a beautiful review! Thank you from the bottom of my heart (or as Mike would say...thank you from the top of my heart because who wants anything from the bottom?!), hehe! We love you both + can't wait to celebrate future milestones through many laughs + photographs!

Whitney Nichols Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2800
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Negatives
    Prints

• Craig Griffin Photography Wedding Photographers

Whitney is both a genuinely kind person and outstanding photographer. Her images have served as a source of inspiration to me and she is the only photographer I am completely confident in recommending to clients when I am unavailable.

• Bridget Rochelle Photography Wedding Photographers

Whitney is an absolutely fantastic photographer! She is so down to earth and really knows who she is as a photographer. I highly recommend her! She is willing to partner with other photographers and build relationships in the business!

• Fern Croft Floral Wedding Florists

Whitneys photos are magical.

• Aurora, 13026 See on map
    Location of (Whitney Nichols Photography)