Debra Thompson, Planning & Consulting LLC

New Rochelle, NY View map Visit website
2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Founded by Debra Thompson, Weddings by Debra has provided personalized planning and consulting services for over 14 years. Based in Westchester, NY, this award-winning firm has planned exceptional celebrations – from intimate ceremonies to 1,500-person gala events – throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Now Debra is thrilled to offer clients her wealth of knowledge, stellar network of vendors and venues, and planning expertise as she evolves Weddings by Debra to a consultancy – Debra Thompson, Planning & Consulting.

Services Offered:

Debra Thompson, Planning & Consulting offers couples a range of services to help bring their dream event to life. No matter where you are in your planning, whether you are starting from scratch or have already hired some vendors, we can help. All consulting services are customized to your specific needs and budget.

• Budget analysis and tracking
  • Full and partial planning
  • Checklist development and management
  • Development of all event day documents
  • Logistical flow of event
  • Vendor recommendations

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$3,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$150

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Tamara R. Getting married on 01/11/2022

Can't Recommend Debra Enough!

I completely recommend Debra Thompson as a wedding planner/coordinator. When COVID upended our wedding plans this year, she helped us put together a wonderful alternative that made everyone happy -- including me, who used to think I didn't need a wedding planner!

I initially didn't think I needed a wedding planner, rather someone to help guide me in finding a venue and vendors for our Micro Wedding. I am organized and felt I could manage the wedding once I had the venue and vendors secured. However, I had recently moved to the East Coast and had no idea where to start. Finding an elegant wedding venue for a 20-person event is much harder than one would think. I reached out to Debra to help, as I was quickly becoming disappointed and frustrated. When I first connected with Debra, I found her to be warm and welcoming, very knowledgeable about venues to accommodate our size and budget.

2020’s Pandemic turned our micro wedding into an 100% virtual elopement for our family and friends. Debra researched with me how to have a Live Stream Wedding – to make it as intimate as possible given the virtual family attendees. But most importantly she helped me to find the video vendor with the knowledge, experience, and capability to make this a professional event, not just an amateur iPhone or laptop virtual event. Debra partnered closely with our venue and our vendor to create the virtual event we imagined.

We planned our wedding from A-Z in 7 short weeks. She helped with all our planning, coordinated with all of our vendors the week of our wedding, developing a timeline for the day and made sure we did not worry about a THING. On the day of the wedding, Debra and her assistant helped in more ways than we anticipated, we did not need to think or worry about the small details of the day. My fiancé and I were excited, thrilled, and dazed by the day’s momentous events, and not in the best frame of mind to attend to details, but Debra was there for us. For example, I had forgotten I needed someone to zip me in my dress – but she did not and buttoned up each of those buttons by hand! Debra stayed well past the end of the wedding to make sure everything was cleaned up, vendors left safely, and everyone involved was good to go. Our wedding was perfect.

Debra felt like an extension of me or a family friend, who organized and made sure everything was how I would like it and being in places that I couldn't be. Debra quickly became a close friend and a valuable confidant in the process.

We needed help to plan for a Covid-time wedding, but after watching Debra in action, I am now a FIRM believer in a wedding planner for any type of wedding, at any venue, in any year. I cannot recommend Debra enough!
  • Essie
    Essie C. Married on 10/10/2021

Can’t live without her! She’s the best thing we did!

Hire hire hire now. If you’re even on the fence about a planner you don’t even understand all the details and things that go into a wedding, and I’m in the business and still had a lot of overwhelming moments till I involved Debra and her team. There are so many decisions to make, so many things to think of, so many people to coordinate with, family dynamics to please it’s endless lol. Having Debra there to navigate through her process and her team. PRICELESS.
    She is so passionate about what she does, she remembers everything even when you forget, your vision is her vision. Not only is she amazing to her clients but vendors LOVE her too. They all want to work for and with her, they want her clients to be happy they respect her. Having Debra and her team on your day is a NO Brainer. You will never regret a second of it . She’s the best with a heart of gold.
    Thank you thank you for everything 😘🥰
    Kathleen W. Married on 10/09/2021

The Wedding Whisperer

Deb is the wedding whisperer! My husband and I both wanted a unique combination of traditional and nontraditional elements and Deb truly listened and understood the vision we were trying to create. She helped us navigate complex family dynamics and reinforced our perspective at every turn. She was also wonderful about connecting us with vendors — including our florist and tent/ furniture vendors. Everything stayed on track thanks to her wonderful talent for coordination and made sure

On the day of the wedding itself, Deb and her team were simply spectacular—keeping everything moving along on time, jumping in to rectify any hiccups, making sure everyone was where they were meant to be. I felt totally assured having her present—a total wedding day blessing.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Manhattan Woods Golf Club Manhattan Woods Golf Club Country Club Weddings

I have had the pleasure to work with Debra for the past 12 years. We have received rave reviews from brides that have engaged her services. She is very professional, organized and keeps everyone on schedule, not always an easy tasks and she does it all in a very calming manner. I highly recommend Debra and her team.

CITY SWEETS & CONFECTIONS CITY SWEETS & CONFECTIONS Wedding Cakes

Debra is the ultimate professional, organized, detail oriented and so easy to work with. It's obvious she genuinely cares about her clients. She would be a huge asset (even a necessity) to any event.

Regency Studios Regency Studios Wedding Photographers

A party planner of the highest caliber!!

Calton Road New Rochelle, NY, 10804
Location of (Debra Thompson, Planning & Consulting LLC)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding