Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC Reviews

Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 5
Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 6
Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 7

ralph · Getting married on 06/01/2019

Uncanny professionalism and warm heart

Debra is extremely knowledgeable and business savvy. She understands every type of wedding and budget and is an absolute pleasure to work with. Debra and her staff are quite frankly the gold standard. #wortheverypenny

Karen Hoffman · Married on 10/20/2018

I couldn't have pulled it off without this team!

Without a doubt Debra’s team's services were worth every penny. It is the best money we spent for the wedding. I am in the events industry and thought I had everything under control myself and was originally looking for her to just help keep the day stress free so my planner brain wasn’t obsessed about the details. However, everything her and her team did leading up to the wedding was amazing. She makes sure that even if you’re elect to do the majority of the planning yourself, you’re not forgetting any of the little details and staying on track time wise. Since she does this every day she thinks to ask questions about things that wouldn’t have even occurred to me. They provided a recommended gratuity sheet and even pre-labeled envelopes with all of our vendor names on them. And then handling all of the moving parts day of let us really enjoy our day. From the wrangling of vendors to keeping transportation on track to managing timeline to dealing with a bridal party member who had a little too much to drink, to handing out vendor gratuities - they dealt with the stress so we didn't have to. They even kept on top of doing the dishes as we were getting ready in my home! The cleanup they did at the reception venue afterwards was phenomenal, delivering everything to our home and even arranging some of the flowers and other decorations in our living room and dining room beautifully, which was an unexpected surprise to come home to. It was great having trusted people handle all of the details and logistics. We actually got to focus on experiencing the day. Definitely book the Weddings by Debra team!

Debra B · Married on 10/10/2018

Perfect for any occasion

We hired Debra and her team to plan a fund raising Gala for our not for profit organization. We were so impressed with their attention to detail and thoughtful suggestions. Thanks to them we had a wonderful event.

Leah Caro · Married on 10/10/2018

Let Weddings by Debra Do It All!

The amazing success of our event was entirely because Debra and her team took care of EVERYTHING - including keeping us focused, on schedule, and their attention to all the little things (and there are tons of little things) made all the difference. Our event was a 50th Anniversary fundraiser for a 501c3 charity, a huge endeavor in the public eye, and throughout the process I was constantly thinking about how awesome her weddings must be. Almost makes me wish I wasn't already married. :)

Nina · Married on 09/02/2018

Debra and her team were a joy to work with and second to none. I felt my wishes were heard and well-executed and that my job was relatively easy. Everything that Debra and her team took care of was executed to perfection and with attention to every single detail. Working with Debra was the best decision we made during the wedding process. Debra was a source of constant support and guidance throughout the process - and believe me, I required a lot! If I had to do everything over, I would work with Debra again in a heartbeat.

Alice · Married on 09/02/2018

If you are doing what I did to find a wedding planner, searching the internet, I can save you a lot of time. Look no further. Debra Thompson (Weddings by Debra) is extraordinary.
    This review is a little different because I am the MOG who hired the wedding planner, not the bride’s parents or the couple themselves. I contacted Debra initially to help with the rehearsal dinner, hotel rooms, and transportation for out of town guests because we, the groom’s parents and family, were out of state. I wasn’t going to do all of this planning on my own. The bride and groom expressed a need for help since they too lived out of state and had very busy work schedules. I knew from my first conversation with Debra that she was the person that we needed. So, we, the groom’s parents, hired Debra to help with just about everything.
    During the year of planning, Debra and her assistant Erica were constantly in contact with us, our vendors, and the bridal party. No detail was missed. This would be a very lengthy review if I related everything that they did. Debra did everything that she promised and so much more. Suffice it to say that as the wedding weekend approached, we were relaxed and ready without any worries because we knew Debra and her team had everything under control. Indeed, they did. All of our events were flawless. Even our Welcome Bags were beautifully assembled by WBD. Everything they handled on the wedding day also issue free. We were able to enjoy being with our family and friends without having to do anything else.
    Debra has a team of wonderful women who are professional, dedicated and maintain a sense of calm. They were at every event during the wedding weekend for us, at the ready for whatever we needed.
    Debra makes sure that the bride and groom, “her couple,” are happy and have the best wedding day ever. Debra is a very special person. She is a first-class professional. We are fortunate to have had her help and friendship.

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2018

Words cannot describe the incredible work that Debra and her team did in order to create the wedding of our dreams. From the first meeting to the last and all of the phone calls, emails and texts in between, Debra and her team exhibited so much professionalism and love for what they do. At the first meeting I had expressed what my vision was and Debra went straight to work at providing me with lists of recommended vendors and places for me to look for inspiration. Debra and Erica came to every vendor meeting and served as amazing support systems and gave professional input and helped to support all of my ideas and ensure that they became a reality. No matter the time of day, Debra and Erica were quick to respond to any question (and I had a lot of them) that I had and to provide me with the assistance I was looking for. Friends and family constantly asked me throughout the wedding planning process if I was nervous or overwhelmed and my answer every single time was “no.” I knew that I had the most amazing wedding planning team in Debra and her staff; everything was under control! The attention to detail and ability to handle the entire wedding process was unparalleled to anything I had ever seen or heard of before. The 12 months that I worked with Debra and her team were incredible and I knew that they do a great job the day of the wedding but WOW!!!! “Great job” does not even BEGIN to describe the exquisite work that Debra and her team put in on our wedding day. They handled every single detail, both big and small. From having staff members at every location (bride’s house, groom’s house, church, hotel, reception hall), to ensuring that all bridal participants were in their places at the times they needed to be, to providing direction and guidance so that everyone felt comfortable with the flow of the day, I could not have dreamed for a better support system on the day of my wedding.

Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 12

Jaimie · Married on 06/30/2018

I'm a very type A, organized (some may call controlling) person, and I had a blast being involved in every part of wedding planning, but I knew that on the day of I didn't want to be agonizing over the placecards or stressing about last minute bumps. I needed someone who would understand my vision and take the reigns day of so I could soak it all in and have FUN! The first time I spoke with Debra on the phone I knew I had found my girl - she asked questions I hadn't thought of (and I thought I had considered it all!), provided advice in a firm but not pushy way and really seemed to care about my fiance and I as a couple.

We ended up choosing Weddings by Debra's day of coordination, which meant I ran all the planning and vendor meetings, keeping the WDT team in the loop, until passing it all off the day of the rehearsal dinner. They stayed involved while letting me take the lead on the planning, and the pass off was SEAMLESS. It worked perfectly for us and allowed me to soak in the planning process while knowing I would be able to fully enjoy the day, and I always had someone to shoot a quick email to if I had any questions.

I knew I loved WDT before the wedding day because of the way they keep me sane and excited leading up to the wedding, but they blew me away on actual wedding day! From the moment they were at my door that morning to the surprise rose petals in the suite at the end of the night, they thought of EVERYTHING. From getting the cooler of waters on the guest shuttles, to pulling a granola bar out of thin air during photos when the adrenaline wore off and hunger hit, before I could even finish asking a question about logistics they were telling me it was already taken care of.

I can't tell you how many times my husband and I have looked back on our day, talking about the superstar WDT team and said word for word: "that was the best money we've ever spent." If you're considering it I promise you, they are worth EVERY penny!!

July · Married on 05/17/2018

Debra and Erika are a rare find and the perfect combo. They pulled the event off seamlessly. And we would not have known where to start.... THANK YOU for being a top notch team!!!

Kemi · Married on 03/17/2018

Don't hire anyone else! Debra finds a way of being sweet, caring and understanding while being a consummate professional. She and her amazing team of planners took care of my wedding coordination, my sister's, and two of my cousins. Needless to say she is the family wedding planner and I was so grateful to have her and her team behind me on my special day. All the vendors knew what to do and when to show up. All the guests had a great time and I can't thank Weddings by Debra Thompson enough. I can't wait until someone else in my group gets married so I can see Deb again. You're the best!

Carmella · Married on 01/13/2018

Debra created the most amazing candy bar at my daughter Olivia’s Sweet 16 and then she had it wheeled out to create added excitement for all the kids. The bar included both sweet and savory options that teens enjoy more than just piles of candy. She got the quantities down perfect and there was no waste. Additionally, she’s very professional and delight to work with. I’ve recommended her to all my friends that are planning Sweet 16’s.

Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 13
    Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 14
    Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 15
    Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC 16

Aderonke · Married on 10/29/2017

Debra is very special to me. I met her 6 years ago and I knew from that moment if I got married in NY, she would help me plan it. Debra was more than a planner, she was a friend, mom, confidant and therapist. Her whole team consists of friendly, professional ladies. They truely do go above and beyond!!! They're worth every penny. My husband was skeptical and thought it was an unnecessary expense but he agreed it was totally worth it.

Candice · Married on 10/14/2017

Debra, Erica, and the whole team are AMAZING! I have been a wedding planner myself, but knew I needed help given that I wanted to have a large, elegant reception in my suburban backyard, following a formal catholic mass in the NYC. No rustic chic for me. I was so thrilled to find Debra. After interviewing several wedding planners, I picked Debra because she put me at ease in the very first conversation. What I initially thought about her proved to be absolutely true. She is part logistics maven -- every single little tiny thing was so organized, she thought of things I had never considered and made sure we were well prepared for anything and that we were on time. She is an amazing CFO -- she gave straight forward, honest input on where to spend money and where it wouldn't matter, and she did this while considering what was important to me. She is also an amazing counselor -- she was on top of every family dynamic and made every distant relative and friend feel special and cared for while keeping me from being stressed by any of it. I truly love Debra and she turned my wedding into the wedding of my dreams. She would look at me and just know what I needed. One of the best examples I have is that I went to an awful fitting where my beautiful dress had been butchered. I called Debra to come back with me 6 days before the wedding. I wasn't worried because I knew that Debra would either have the woman fix the dress, tell me what I was missing, or find some other solution but that I would walk down the aisle feeling beautiful. Because I had Debra, I didn't panic of worry but was confident that the problem would be solved. And that is exactly what happened! My wedding and reception was everything I wanted and more -- definitely the happiest day of my life, thanks to Debra.

Jackie · Married on 09/30/2017

Wow!!! I really didn't know how much I would rely on my wedding planner until Debra and her team. From the moment planning started, they made sure to remind me of every minor detail along the way - many things I would have definitely forgotten without them. Erica and Aimee were amazing along the way, always touching base, all guided by the visionary - Debra Thompson. Debra, Aimee and Erica's attention to detail is unmatched. Debra had so many unique and cool ideas I would have never thought of myself.

On the day of the wedding, Christina was with me every step of the way - I definitely couldn't have gotten through it without her. She kept me on track and was there whenever I needed her.

Erica was with my husband for wedding day prep, and he had nothing but great things to say about her!

Katie and Yazmin took care of all of our guests, and took on the huge job of ensuring they got to and from our church, reception and hotel (our block had about 80 rooms!), and everything went off without a hitch.

I heard about some speed bumps throughout the day (to no fault of the WBD team), and you would have never known, because Debra's entire team thinks on their toes and fixes issues at the drop of a hat.

The vendors she recommended were simply the best. We went with Joseph Richard Floral, Naked Soul Band, Finishing Touch Linens, Dideo Films Photography, Ridge Squire Tuxedo etc. and our reception was at Glen Island Harbour Club. Debra has an amazing way of meeting you and just knowing your taste, and recommending the best fit for you when it comes to vendors.

I actually feel that I have a void to fill now that I don't see Aimee and Erica's texts / phone calls / email in my phone anymore :( I miss them so much! Debra Thompson and her team are simply amazing, and worth EVERY PENNY! Thank you so much for making the best day of our lives as magical as you made it.

Danielle · Married on 08/04/2017

Thank God for Erica!!! My fiancé at the time thought that we could do all the planning ourselves and a planner would'nt be necessary. Boy was he wrong!!! Everything was approaching so quickly and problems started to arise. I spoke with Debra and she introduced Erica who became my saving angel. She was hired to organize for the day of but she became so much more. You really don't know how much you need an experienced wedding professional that is used to handling the chaotic moments on what is supposed to be the most important day of your life. Trust me, the pressure even for someone as laid back as my new husband is overwhelming! Anxiety starts to set in when all those small details in the day start going wrong. But with Erica's facilitation of the wedding day everything came together seamlessly. She is kind yet assertive when she needs to be and she can give it and take it like the best of us. She is definitely "clutch" as my husband put it. She is behind the scenes yet there with you every step of the way. From someone to plan and organize your church rehearsal when the priest is suddenly unavailable, to getting your sarcastic grooms ready and out into the limo on time for the wedding, and keeping disgruntled family members apart from each other. She is my savior!! I don't know how I could've walked down the aisle without her help.

Julie · Married on 07/22/2017

Debra and her staff are amazing --Experienced, expert and yet warm, enthusiastic and very flexible. I cannot say enough about them and Very Highly recommend them! They made our wedding a perfect experience!

• F

F. · Married on 07/22/2017

Debra, Erica, and their team went above and beyond to make our wedding a truly seamless and beautiful day. They are exceptionally organized and detail oriented, also extremely kind and patient in all of our interactions, and listened well. They shared excellent advice on planning and took a lot of the burden of planning off our shoulders, communicating with vendors and making sure we made all necessary decisions on the right timeline as we approached the wedding. At the wedding itself, they very quietly and unobtrusively seemed to be everywhere at once -- ensuring that everyone in the wedding party was on time, where they needed to be, directing wedding guests, and generally making sure everything ran smoothly. At 1am, despite having worked since the morning, Erica and the team were still tirelessly walking our guests out to meet their cars, in the pouring rain! We are so grateful to them -- they turned what could have been a stressful undertaking into a warm and wonderful event.

Amy · Married on 06/24/2017

Our Weddings by Debra experience was truly amazing. From start to finish, every interaction was over and above our expectations, and handled in such a lovely and gracious manner it felt to each of us in both families like we were the most important people in Debra and her staff's lives. I don't know how we would have managed without Debra and her staff, and am very sure it would have been no where near the joyous, carefree, wonderful event it was for both families, and most importantly, for the wedding couple. Seriously, best decision we made about the wedding! We all can't thank you enough!

Laura · Married on 06/24/2017

The Weddings By Debra team was incredible! I honestly did not think we needed a wedding planner but I was so wrong. These women take care of so many details that you are not even aware of. They obviously have a lot of experience and took care of everything and everyone, had what we needed before we knew we needed it, were quick to solve any possible issue before it became apparent and remained behind the scenes at all times. Kudos to Debra for training her team to be extremely professional, courteous, trustworthy and dependable! They are truly worth every penny spent and you will want to take them home with you at the end of the evening...seriously!

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

Debra, Erica P. and the rest of the Weddings by Debra team are amazing. Once my finance and I set a wedding date, my parents hired Debra and her team. We could not have been more grateful. We worked with Debra for 14 months. My fiancé and I were planning our wedding in NY, but were living out of town. I must say, that our wedding planning was seamless. There was never a moment when we felt any stress. Debra was able to suggest reliable vendors, schedule appointments or video chats for us. Debra and Erica P. also accompanied us to each of the appointments, their expertise was appreciated. They paid close attention to our visions, and were great with suggesting fine details that ultimately enhanced the beauty of our day. Nothing was left out. Our guests were in awe not only by how beautiful everything was, but also at how smoothly the entire day went. The day of our wedding was such an amazing experience thanks to Debra, Erica P. and the rest of the team. They had put together a wedding day itinerary that was flawless. My husband and I enjoyed every minute of the day without a single worry. Debra, Erica P. and the rest of the team anticipated things before they even happened. The only thing we had to worry about was enjoying every moment of our special day, and we did. We highly recommend Weddings by Debra. Thanks Weddings by Debra! (Brittany and Jason)

Jacki · Married on 05/06/2017

As parents of the bride, we can’t say enough about Debra, Erica P. and the rest of Weddings by Debra team. Working with them for 14 months allowed us to form a very special bond. Their calm demeanor certainly was helpful during a time that could have been stressful. Debra and Erica P. were always available to answer questions, as well as offer suggestions to help us achieve our daughter’s visions for her wedding. We always felt confident that Debra and Erica were guiding us in the right direction. Debra suggested many wonderful vendors. Each and every one of them delivered amazing services the day of the wedding. The itinerary that Debra and her team created for the day of our daughters wedding was so precise that the day ran like clock work. Because of this, my husband and I were relaxed and able to enjoy every moment of our daughter’s amazing day. They helped to make our wedding planning a wonderful experience. We can’t thank Debra and her team enough. We highly recommend them. (Jacki and Kevin)

Anthony · Married on 11/13/2016

I've been working with Debra Thompson for many years and she is easily, the most professional and well rounded event planner I've ever come across. Many event planners focus on their area of comfort such as decor or floral design. Debra is knowledgable in every area of any type of event. Whether you're discussing catering, decor, music, floral design, transportation, venue selections, accommodations, etc., she's got insightful and invaluable advice to impart to her clients. Most importantly, she understands the impact that each of these areas have on an event. I've recently had the pleasure of having her produce a showcase for my band and she made the planning of the event an enjoyable and productive process. On the day of the showcase, she and her team were invaluable in helping to coordinate the logistics and communicate with our guests. She was imperative to the organization of the event in so many ways and reduced a lot of stress for me and my team. I'm fortunate to be able to work with Debra in different capacities and on regular occasion. I would recommend her highly to anyone that needs help planning, organizing or producing an event. She is the BEST!

• Private_User510

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

Debra and her staff are truly AMAZING!!! I knew from the moment I got engaged, (which was also supported by Weddings By Debra) there was absolutely no way we could plan our wedding without her. Debra truly puts her whole heart into her work. She “dotted every I and crossed everyT,” while keeping our vision in mind from day one. Every meeting with our vendors was balanced and organized thanks to Debra. She listened to our hopes and dreams and added her own creative suggestions, which helped to make our wedding that much more of a day to remember. The day of went equally as smooth. Erica B and Erica P were with my husband and I from the early morning until the end of the night making sure that we had everything we needed and smiles on our faces. Michelle was also a great support at the church greeting all of our guests and supporting transportation to and from the venue. We are still getting pictures and phone calls about it being one of the best weddings people have ever been too! With Debra and her team producing the wedding, I don't think it could have gone any better. They become a part of the family and we were so grateful to have them with us every step of the way.

Marissa · Married on 09/16/2016

When my wife and I first started planning our wedding we thought we could handle it on our own, no big deal, how hard could it be? After about a week of doing research and taking notes we quickly realized we needed help. We spoke to our venue organizer who highly recommended Weddings by Debra. Our first call with Debra was so informative we knew right away she was the one we would use to help us plan our special day. Debra has wedding producers who assist with her planning procedures and day of event production, two of which, Aimee and Erica, jumped at the opportunity to help guide us along the way.

My wife and I had so many questions and uncertainties about every little detail, thankfully the ladies were always available and are full of knowledge (what vendors to use, flower selection, hair, makeup, tuxedo, you name it). Looking back now we clearly see that our perfect day wouldn’t have turned out the way it did if it wasn’t for the tremendous help from Debra and team. From the very first phone call to even weeks after the wedding, Aimee, Erica and Debra were right there to help us without hesitation or delay. We can assure from first-hand experience that Debra and her team are hands down the best in the business. Along with an overwhelming knowledge of all that is weddings, Debra and her producers are the kindest sweetest most comforting team we’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, professionally and personally.

Some people ask if we could do it all over is there anything we would change? Sure, there are a few things; but we wouldn’t dream of doing it without Weddings by Debra. So if you find yourself reading this review and comparing Debra to other event producers, trust me when I say you can stop right now and give Debra a call; you won’t regret it.
    - Jason and Marissa

PS – We gave five stars because they don’t allow for six.