Debra Thompson, Planning & Consulting LLC Reviews

117 | New Rochelle, NY

117 Reviews for Debra Thompson, Planning & Consulting LLC

Tamara Romney · Getting married on 01/11/2022

Can't Recommend Debra Enough!

I completely recommend Debra Thompson as a wedding planner/coordinator. When COVID upended our wedding plans this year, she helped us put together a wonderful alternative that made everyone happy -- including me, who used to think I didn't need a wedding planner!

I initially didn't think I needed a wedding planner, rather someone to help guide me in finding a venue and vendors for our Micro Wedding. I am organized and felt I could manage the wedding once I had the venue and vendors secured. However, I had recently moved to the East Coast and had no idea where to start. Finding an elegant wedding venue for a 20-person event is much harder than one would think. I reached out to Debra to help, as I was quickly becoming disappointed and frustrated. When I first connected with Debra, I found her to be warm and welcoming, very knowledgeable about venues to accommodate our size and budget.

2020’s Pandemic turned our micro wedding into an 100% virtual elopement for our family and friends. Debra researched with me how to have a Live Stream Wedding – to make it as intimate as possible given the virtual family attendees. But most importantly she helped me to find the video vendor with the knowledge, experience, and capability to make this a professional event, not just an amateur iPhone or laptop virtual event. Debra partnered closely with our venue and our vendor to create the virtual event we imagined.

We planned our wedding from A-Z in 7 short weeks. She helped with all our planning, coordinated with all of our vendors the week of our wedding, developing a timeline for the day and made sure we did not worry about a THING. On the day of the wedding, Debra and her assistant helped in more ways than we anticipated, we did not need to think or worry about the small details of the day. My fiancé and I were excited, thrilled, and dazed by the day’s momentous events, and not in the best frame of mind to attend to details, but Debra was there for us. For example, I had forgotten I needed someone to zip me in my dress – but she did not and buttoned up each of those buttons by hand! Debra stayed well past the end of the wedding to make sure everything was cleaned up, vendors left safely, and everyone involved was good to go. Our wedding was perfect.

Debra felt like an extension of me or a family friend, who organized and made sure everything was how I would like it and being in places that I couldn't be. Debra quickly became a close friend and a valuable confidant in the process.

We needed help to plan for a Covid-time wedding, but after watching Debra in action, I am now a FIRM believer in a wedding planner for any type of wedding, at any venue, in any year. I cannot recommend Debra enough!

Sent on 12/10/2020
  • Gina

Gina tiberi · Getting married on 09/25/2021

Incredibly friendly and efficient planner!

Debra took the time to get to know me and my fiancé and our style. She helped us plan a wedding, find our band, recommended the perfect venue (The Abbey Inn and Spa) put us in touch with our photographer and florist! Working with Debra made planning so easy especially if your an indecisive person like me! She took the pressure off and made the process fun and seamless. I feel safe having Debra looking over all of our plans and i know she will make sure our special day perfect. She cares more than any vendor I've ever worked with. Her expertise, patience and drive really impressed me. She is also incredibly responsive any day or time and she makes you feel like your the only bride in the world! I can't say enough good things about her, she really became a friend and i know i couldn't have done all this planning without her help. Having her as our planner was the best decision we made all year! i can't wait for out special day, thank you to Debra for piecing together our beautiful day and you will not be disappointed having her by your side!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Maryam E · Married on 01/12/2021

The absolute best money you'll spend

I echo the same as all the other brides here. Debra takes the time to get to know you, to make sure this day can be special for you and your future spouse. I wrote a really lengthy review on The Knot, but since there's a space limit here, I'll just say that hiring Debra was the best money we spent. She's such a lovely person, and we would not have had such a smooth lead-up and wedding day if not for her. I'm pretty organized, but there are SO MANY little things that come up that you don't expect. Debra sees ALL those things coming before they've started, and she tackles them head-on. She is prepared for everything and prepares YOU for everything. I cannot say enough good things about Debra and her team. Planning a wedding during Covid is no picnic, and Debra was the most incredible support. She's super responsive and you feel like you're her only client. I miss talking to her all the time! When Covid is over, we're definitely inviting her over to our new house :)

Sent on 01/05/2021

Katia C · Married on 06/20/2020

Can't say enough good things!

Deciding to work with Debra might have been the best decision my fiance and I made when it came to wedding planning! With the curveballs 2020 ended up throwing, plus my fiance being in the military and us planning a NY wedding from the West coast, I could not have been more grateful for having Debra by our side! She was beyond supportive and helped my fiance and I stay sane throughout the process. Although we ended up making the decision to postpone our wedding for the time being due to the pandemic, I can attest to her professionalism and expertise based on our year of working together. Debra is organized, creative, and honestly fun to work with! Our phone calls always left me feeling less stressed and with more clarity on what I should be focusing on next. From the get-go, we could tell Debra truly cared about getting to know us - she really listened to understand our likes/dislikes, priorities, and overall vision for our wedding day. We really appreciated her personalized approach and over the past year, Debra came to feel like family. When we decided to postpone our wedding due to circumstances with the pandemic, she made the process smooth for us by contacting all vendors and gathering details on their future availability. We haven't decided on our new wedding date yet, but when we do we will definitely be enlisting Debra's help again with planning!! Highly recommend working with Debra to anyone considering it :)

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle Stouck · Married on 09/28/2019

Debra Made It Possible

My wedding was wonderful, but it was also a logistical nightmare. Debra and her team were always patient, professional, thorough, thoughtful, compassionate and realistic throughout the entire process from planning to the day-of and breakdown. Debra liaised brilliantly with all of my vendors and turned my family property into a wedding wonderland. She was always available and her advice was always valuable. I would not have been able to pull this wedding off without Debra's magic! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • SHAATRICE

SHAATRICE LEWIS · Married on 06/29/2019

Fairy Godmother for brides

Debra was more than a planner, she was our fairy Godmother. Debra and her team worked tirelessly for us, to make our every wish come true. Debra or someone from her staff were always available via phone or email. I knew my wedding would go fabulously with Debra heading it. I can't say enough about the dedication and attention to detail I experienced by Debra and her team.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Candice

Candice Turner · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Creativity and Attention to Every Detail

Debra did such an amazing job with our wedding, that we contacted her again for a graduation party we were throwing. WOW! She never stops impressing! She knew how to create this amazing party that even the teens thought were cool. She came up with a bunch of creative touches that really impressed. On top of that she managed to make sure the evening went well so I could just enjoy myself. She had to manage some very tricky family relations. She was my unofficial psychologist too! I cannot imagine a party without Debra at my side!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 06/08/2019

The best decision we made!

My fiancé and I were married in June 2019 and worked with Debra for the year leading up to our wedding. To sum it up, hiring Debra as our wedding planner was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process.

Throughout the year we worked together, Debra got to know us so well. She really took the time to understand our vision, our likes and dislikes, the over-the-top dreams we had (that she made come true), the challenges, the family dynamics, and, most importantly, who we are as a couple. Debra and I texted or emailed almost every day as she handled the communications with vendors and all of the logistics that accompany the wedding planning process. She is an amazing sounding board - always ready to hop on the phone, listen to new ideas and views, and offer her experience and opinions to guide you. She is incredibly responsive, organized, creative, and well-connected to the wedding business community.

When we first decided to hire a wedding planner, my fiancé and I were a little resistant to the idea. We knew we needed someone to coordinate the logistics of our day - we were inviting over 200 people, had multiple venues for the ceremony and reception, and wanted our event to be special and memorable in every way. But, we wanted to make sure our planner understood that we wanted to be involved in the process, that we wanted her team to work well behind the scenes, and that we wanted the day to appear effortless. Debra understood it all. Throughout this experience, she went above and beyond - even booking a BnB to be close to my family's home that I wanted to get ready at the morning of my wedding.

Debra became more than a confidante, an advisor, and a coordinator. She has become a very close family friend. I can honestly say our wedding would never have been the same without her. The whole day ran so smoothly, and she gave us the gift of being able to be truly present rather than worrying about the logistics of the day. Thanks Debra!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • ralph

ralph · Married on 06/01/2019

Uncanny professionalism and warm heart

Debra is extremely knowledgeable and business savvy. She understands every type of wedding and budget and is an absolute pleasure to work with. Debra and her staff are quite frankly the gold standard. #wortheverypenny

Sent on 11/28/2018

Jen DiMarino · Married on 05/10/2019

Jennifer & Brendan's Wedding Was the Best!

October 5, 2019 - My wedding day was everything I dreamed of and more...will always be remembered by my family and friends near and far as the best day ever! We could not have created this magical wedding day without the personal planning from Debra and her team, Shelley and Dean at Forever in Bloom and Ed Zissel at Tappan Hill! Debra's years of professional experience and relationships with vendors was so valuable to planning our wedding of 250 people. Debra was professional, poised, and funny when things needed to be lightened up. She could handle unexpected situations. Debra and her team made sure that on the wedding day the flow from the start of the early morning to the late evening was flawless. Debra was instrumental in making sure the Mother of Bride's worries were put to rest when last-minute details occurred. Debra took care of everything! We were so happy to have had Debra as our wedding planner and our forever friend!

Sent on 07/18/2020
  • Tony

Tony Perrone · Married on 03/20/2019

Simply the best!

Debra is an event professional with a vast amount of knowledge and tremendous wealth of experience in every area of planning, coordination and production. Debra has always proven to be an invaluable resource to anyone planning an event of any kind. My background is in entertainment and we’ve worked seamlessly on countless events together from weddings and sweet sixteens to social and corporate events. I’ve also hired her as a consultant and production manager for high-end weddings, corporate affairs and showcase events in NYC for my company... the events are always a huge success due to her involvement. If you’re in need of a consultant or planner for any type of event, a call to Debra Thompson should be the first one you make!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Pamela

Pamela Derobertis · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing her team was perfection!

I didn’t think I needed a wedding because this expense was not in my budget but boy was I wrong. I enjoy Every aspect of my wedding and so did my guest because of Debra and her team. She was perfect. Her attention to detail is impressive. She requested everything of me for the day and she was prepared. My wedding g was small but she was everywhere and coordinator every aspect of my wedding.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Karen Hoffman · Married on 10/20/2018

I couldn't have pulled it off without this team!

Without a doubt Debra’s team's services were worth every penny. It is the best money we spent for the wedding. I am in the events industry and thought I had everything under control myself and was originally looking for her to just help keep the day stress free so my planner brain wasn’t obsessed about the details. However, everything her and her team did leading up to the wedding was amazing. She makes sure that even if you’re elect to do the majority of the planning yourself, you’re not forgetting any of the little details and staying on track time wise. Since she does this every day she thinks to ask questions about things that wouldn’t have even occurred to me. They provided a recommended gratuity sheet and even pre-labeled envelopes with all of our vendor names on them. And then handling all of the moving parts day of let us really enjoy our day. From the wrangling of vendors to keeping transportation on track to managing timeline to dealing with a bridal party member who had a little too much to drink, to handing out vendor gratuities - they dealt with the stress so we didn't have to. They even kept on top of doing the dishes as we were getting ready in my home! The cleanup they did at the reception venue afterwards was phenomenal, delivering everything to our home and even arranging some of the flowers and other decorations in our living room and dining room beautifully, which was an unexpected surprise to come home to. It was great having trusted people handle all of the details and logistics. We actually got to focus on experiencing the day. Definitely book the Weddings by Debra team!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Debra B · Married on 10/10/2018

Perfect for any occasion

We hired Debra and her team to plan a fund raising Gala for our not for profit organization. We were so impressed with their attention to detail and thoughtful suggestions. Thanks to them we had a wonderful event.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Leah Caro · Married on 10/10/2018

Let Weddings by Debra Do It All!

The amazing success of our event was entirely because Debra and her team took care of EVERYTHING - including keeping us focused, on schedule, and their attention to all the little things (and there are tons of little things) made all the difference. Our event was a 50th Anniversary fundraiser for a 501c3 charity, a huge endeavor in the public eye, and throughout the process I was constantly thinking about how awesome her weddings must be. Almost makes me wish I wasn't already married. :)

Sent on 10/24/2018

Nina · Married on 09/02/2018

Debra and her team were a joy to work with and second to none. I felt my wishes were heard and well-executed and that my job was relatively easy. Everything that Debra and her team took care of was executed to perfection and with attention to every single detail. Working with Debra was the best decision we made during the wedding process. Debra was a source of constant support and guidance throughout the process - and believe me, I required a lot! If I had to do everything over, I would work with Debra again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Alice · Married on 09/02/2018

If you are doing what I did to find a wedding planner, searching the internet, I can save you a lot of time. Look no further. Debra Thompson (Weddings by Debra) is extraordinary.
    This review is a little different because I am the MOG who hired the wedding planner, not the bride’s parents or the couple themselves. I contacted Debra initially to help with the rehearsal dinner, hotel rooms, and transportation for out of town guests because we, the groom’s parents and family, were out of state. I wasn’t going to do all of this planning on my own. The bride and groom expressed a need for help since they too lived out of state and had very busy work schedules. I knew from my first conversation with Debra that she was the person that we needed. So, we, the groom’s parents, hired Debra to help with just about everything.
    During the year of planning, Debra and her assistant Erica were constantly in contact with us, our vendors, and the bridal party. No detail was missed. This would be a very lengthy review if I related everything that they did. Debra did everything that she promised and so much more. Suffice it to say that as the wedding weekend approached, we were relaxed and ready without any worries because we knew Debra and her team had everything under control. Indeed, they did. All of our events were flawless. Even our Welcome Bags were beautifully assembled by WBD. Everything they handled on the wedding day also issue free. We were able to enjoy being with our family and friends without having to do anything else.
    Debra has a team of wonderful women who are professional, dedicated and maintain a sense of calm. They were at every event during the wedding weekend for us, at the ready for whatever we needed.
    Debra makes sure that the bride and groom, “her couple,” are happy and have the best wedding day ever. Debra is a very special person. She is a first-class professional. We are fortunate to have had her help and friendship.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2018

Words cannot describe the incredible work that Debra and her team did in order to create the wedding of our dreams. From the first meeting to the last and all of the phone calls, emails and texts in between, Debra and her team exhibited so much professionalism and love for what they do. At the first meeting I had expressed what my vision was and Debra went straight to work at providing me with lists of recommended vendors and places for me to look for inspiration. Debra and Erica came to every vendor meeting and served as amazing support systems and gave professional input and helped to support all of my ideas and ensure that they became a reality. No matter the time of day, Debra and Erica were quick to respond to any question (and I had a lot of them) that I had and to provide me with the assistance I was looking for. Friends and family constantly asked me throughout the wedding planning process if I was nervous or overwhelmed and my answer every single time was “no.” I knew that I had the most amazing wedding planning team in Debra and her staff; everything was under control! The attention to detail and ability to handle the entire wedding process was unparalleled to anything I had ever seen or heard of before. The 12 months that I worked with Debra and her team were incredible and I knew that they do a great job the day of the wedding but WOW!!!! “Great job” does not even BEGIN to describe the exquisite work that Debra and her team put in on our wedding day. They handled every single detail, both big and small. From having staff members at every location (bride’s house, groom’s house, church, hotel, reception hall), to ensuring that all bridal participants were in their places at the times they needed to be, to providing direction and guidance so that everyone felt comfortable with the flow of the day, I could not have dreamed for a better support system on the day of my wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Jaimie · Married on 06/30/2018

I'm a very type A, organized (some may call controlling) person, and I had a blast being involved in every part of wedding planning, but I knew that on the day of I didn't want to be agonizing over the placecards or stressing about last minute bumps. I needed someone who would understand my vision and take the reigns day of so I could soak it all in and have FUN! The first time I spoke with Debra on the phone I knew I had found my girl - she asked questions I hadn't thought of (and I thought I had considered it all!), provided advice in a firm but not pushy way and really seemed to care about my fiance and I as a couple.

We ended up choosing Weddings by Debra's day of coordination, which meant I ran all the planning and vendor meetings, keeping the WDT team in the loop, until passing it all off the day of the rehearsal dinner. They stayed involved while letting me take the lead on the planning, and the pass off was SEAMLESS. It worked perfectly for us and allowed me to soak in the planning process while knowing I would be able to fully enjoy the day, and I always had someone to shoot a quick email to if I had any questions.

I knew I loved WDT before the wedding day because of the way they keep me sane and excited leading up to the wedding, but they blew me away on actual wedding day! From the moment they were at my door that morning to the surprise rose petals in the suite at the end of the night, they thought of EVERYTHING. From getting the cooler of waters on the guest shuttles, to pulling a granola bar out of thin air during photos when the adrenaline wore off and hunger hit, before I could even finish asking a question about logistics they were telling me it was already taken care of.

I can't tell you how many times my husband and I have looked back on our day, talking about the superstar WDT team and said word for word: "that was the best money we've ever spent." If you're considering it I promise you, they are worth EVERY penny!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

July · Married on 05/17/2018

Debra and Erika are a rare find and the perfect combo. They pulled the event off seamlessly. And we would not have known where to start.... THANK YOU for being a top notch team!!!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Kemi · Married on 03/17/2018

Don't hire anyone else! Debra finds a way of being sweet, caring and understanding while being a consummate professional. She and her amazing team of planners took care of my wedding coordination, my sister's, and two of my cousins. Needless to say she is the family wedding planner and I was so grateful to have her and her team behind me on my special day. All the vendors knew what to do and when to show up. All the guests had a great time and I can't thank Weddings by Debra Thompson enough. I can't wait until someone else in my group gets married so I can see Deb again. You're the best!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Carmella · Married on 01/13/2018

Debra created the most amazing candy bar at my daughter Olivia’s Sweet 16 and then she had it wheeled out to create added excitement for all the kids. The bar included both sweet and savory options that teens enjoy more than just piles of candy. She got the quantities down perfect and there was no waste. Additionally, she’s very professional and delight to work with. I’ve recommended her to all my friends that are planning Sweet 16’s.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Aderonke · Married on 10/29/2017

Debra is very special to me. I met her 6 years ago and I knew from that moment if I got married in NY, she would help me plan it. Debra was more than a planner, she was a friend, mom, confidant and therapist. Her whole team consists of friendly, professional ladies. They truely do go above and beyond!!! They're worth every penny. My husband was skeptical and thought it was an unnecessary expense but he agreed it was totally worth it.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2017

I was MOA in my sisters wedding. My sister wanted to bring together unique elements reflective of both her and her groom ( think craft beer and carnival games meets Tommy Stinson from the Replacements). Debra magically transformed these elements into a classy, beautiful night that will unforgettable for the 200 guests. Even more amazing- after a bad second fitting of my sisters wedding dress, Debra went with her back to the seamstress and personally made sure every single stitch was perfect. It just doesn’t get better than Debra and her team! I can’t wait to refer the next bride to be in my life!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Candice · Married on 10/14/2017

Debra, Erica, and the whole team are AMAZING! I have been a wedding planner myself, but knew I needed help given that I wanted to have a large, elegant reception in my suburban backyard, following a formal catholic mass in the NYC. No rustic chic for me. I was so thrilled to find Debra. After interviewing several wedding planners, I picked Debra because she put me at ease in the very first conversation. What I initially thought about her proved to be absolutely true. She is part logistics maven -- every single little tiny thing was so organized, she thought of things I had never considered and made sure we were well prepared for anything and that we were on time. She is an amazing CFO -- she gave straight forward, honest input on where to spend money and where it wouldn't matter, and she did this while considering what was important to me. She is also an amazing counselor -- she was on top of every family dynamic and made every distant relative and friend feel special and cared for while keeping me from being stressed by any of it. I truly love Debra and she turned my wedding into the wedding of my dreams. She would look at me and just know what I needed. One of the best examples I have is that I went to an awful fitting where my beautiful dress had been butchered. I called Debra to come back with me 6 days before the wedding. I wasn't worried because I knew that Debra would either have the woman fix the dress, tell me what I was missing, or find some other solution but that I would walk down the aisle feeling beautiful. Because I had Debra, I didn't panic of worry but was confident that the problem would be solved. And that is exactly what happened! My wedding and reception was everything I wanted and more -- definitely the happiest day of my life, thanks to Debra.

Sent on 10/23/2017