With 10 acres of lush, gorgeous gardens you and your guests will be transported into a magical garden realm in one of the most uniquely beautiful private event venues in the country. Guests can enjoy a one-of-a-kind cocktail hour as they sip and stroll through the scenic model railway gardens created by a renowned artist and landscape designer. They also can enjoy the Shabui Japanese Garden or walk and discover the exhibits in the private Model Train Museum. Guests will be mesmerized by the stunning scenery which will make for priceless photographs.
The operating model railway makes a unique spot for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, and a charming photo op for you and your wedding party.
The place can be yours exclusively for the entire weekend! Reserve the Estate Friday through Sunday, and give your guests the luxury of a leisurely event. You have the entire estate exclusively for you and your event. During the week, Wandering Tree Estate also is available for private cocktails and dinner parties. You also can add special enhancements to your celebration such as elegant lighting in the trees for a touch of magic.
For more information or to schedule a tour, call us at 847-381-1907!
Still have questions? Visit our website www.WanderingTree.com
Let us know you found us on WeddingWire!
Recommended by 100% of couples
3 User photos
Stefanie · Married on 09/15/2018
Venue grounds were kept beautifully. There is a two story bridal cottage for getting ready. The gardens were immaculate. We enjoyed the train museum during cocktail hour. There are so many beautiful spots for photos. Venue clearly and consistently communicated with us. Please be aware that when you book Wandering Tree, you are only getting the grounds. Nothing else is included such as restrooms, lighting, valet etc.Sent on 10/10/2018
Sara · Married on 09/01/2018
Overall we had wonderful wedding at Wandering Tree. I would like to provide more suggestions for couples who interested in the venue:Sent on 10/12/2018
Great thing about this Venue:
1. It is absolutely beautiful!
2. This place very intimate which is great for family and friends to gathering together!
3. The price is reasonable compared to similar venue! (I booked at the winter, so I got a special price 7000 dollars for three days, including outside train and bridal cottage) It provides three days for couple to have wedding (Friday to set up, Saturday for wedding and Sunday for clean up). Time is significant important for me because I had a DIY wedding! I planned, decor, design, made flowers and wedding dress etc for my wedding. I appciate the owner actually provide me more than three days to prepare my wedding! My DIY cannot happen without their cooperation.
Something not perfect:
1. Weather is unpredictable in Chicago! If it is rain, many things become more complicate!
It is a outdoor venue, I personally consider the rain change the beauty and meaning of the outdoor wedding. You have to spend more money to rent a tent. If it is rain, the lovely train will shutdown. The money I paid including bridal cottage and outside train. However, the owner said they cannot let to train go if it is rain. Many of my friends want to observe the train. So they were so disappointed about it.The most terriable thing about the rain is: there will be so many mosquito and bugs. My guest were bite very serious at the day. Especially ladys with short skirts. One of my friend even went to the hospital to check! I spoke to the owner, he explained the rain can change everything even they spray during the earlier morning.
2. Do not mail things to there! They received my flowers but lost my sparkle. I could not play the sparkle during my day.
3. please do not waste of your time to find your own vendors, just use his prefer vendor. It will be complicate!
Ana · Married on 04/28/2018
I am so happy that I picked wandering tree estate as my venue! My photos are perfect, my wedding was perfect, and I still think about that special day a year later. The staff was super friendly and hardworking, I did not have a single issue.Sent on 05/18/2018
Sign up in 2019 for a 2020 wedding to receive our special pricing! Just ask us about our winter special when you call or message us.
Dream weddings happen here! This is what a luxury venue should look like.
An exquisite setting with plenty of variation for wedding photography -- lake, stream, gazebo, miniature railroads, Japanese garden, a bridge etc. Opulent yet tasteful, colorful yet refined, Wandering Tree Estate offers the perfect backdrop for upscale weddings!