16501 135th Street, Lemont, IL 60439 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Meet the Team

About The Monte Bello Estate

The Monte Bello Estate is a wedding venue located in Lemont, Illinois. Nestled among 55 acres of oak forest, it offers a tranquil escape from day-to-day life. Overlooking the state’s largest wildflower preserve, this property benefits from the natural beauty of its surroundings, creating an ambience of serenity and joy. The breathtaking views and magical atmosphere help to create an idyllic backdrop for your fairytale wedding. Here, ceremonies and receptions can both be enjoyed, allowing couples and guests to celebrate happy life moments together in peace.

Facilities and Capacity

The Monte Bello Estate boasts a number of facilities with the capacity to host up to 275 guests. Begin your day in style by preparing for your festivities in one of the property’s luxurious get-ready suites. The dedicated staff can host outdoor services in the shade of the oak trees, or indoor gatherings in any of the sophisticated event spaces. The floor-to-ceiling windows featured throughout the property allow natural light to flood each area, creating a bright and airy atmosphere suitable for milestones. Use of the outdoor tent is available to couples who wish to wed in the sunshine while remaining prepared for unforeseen weather. Throughout the property’s 55 acres, its natural ponds, waterfalls, and abundant flora provide a multitude of enchanting backdrops for your photographs.

The estate’s dedicated team of experienced professionals offers a wide range of services to ensure that your dream day can be executed to your exact specifications. All-inclusive packages are available at Monte Bello Estate, along with extras such as hanging installations, wine tastings, and Champagne displays. The venue’s professional team of bartenders are on-hand to provide you with professional, friendly service. A wide variety of beverages are available for your event such as signature drinks, specialty wines, and craft beers. Staff is also available to serve hors d’oeuvres and main sit-down meals. For added convenience, tastings are available prior to your day to ensure that your menu lives up to your long-held expectations.

Follow The Monte Bello Estate on

Real Weddings 23 Photos

52 Reviews for The Monte Bello Estate

• Sarah

Sarah T. · Married on 07/11/2020

Outstanding planners, the most beautiful venue we have ever seen, amazing food!

My husband, family, and I were beyond impressed with this venue. I am SO happy we picked this place to have our ceremony and reception. When initially looking for wedding venues I knew that I was going to be very picky. I work in the wedding industry as a florist and have seen dozens of venues in the area but have never been here before. After seeing pictures online I knew I had to see this place. When pulling in, our jaws dropped - it was even more beautiful than the pictures and the property was massive. One piece of advice I would give is to book this place fast because spots fill up quickly (rightfully so since it is gorgeous). We booked our July 11th, 2020 wedding date in January 2019 and had about a year and a half to plan. Abbey was our coordinator at Monte Bello and she was wonderful with the planning process. She was kind, organized, and always replied in a timely manner. By the time of spring 2020, we were panicking about our wedding due to Covid-19 and whether it was going to be canceled or not. We debated postponing but there were, unfortunately, no summer dates left for 2021. Monte Bello was so amazing with the constant change of plans and even held a tentative date for us in the spring of 2021, but we were all still hoping we could go forward with our wedding on July 11th. Finally, about 2 weeks before the wedding we got the go ahead from the mayor and the team at Monte Bello to go forward with our wedding with some adjustments. We also had another change of plans in that we were originally supposed to have our ceremony in a catholic church but were unable to do so with their Covid restrictions. Monte Bello helped us plan an entire ceremony in a matter of only about a week and I'm so happy we had this change of plans because it was the most beautiful outdoor ceremony in the woods. My parents and family kept bringing up that this was the smoothest wedding they have ever been to, down to the cocktail hour, dinner, late night snacks, and everything in between - every server was friendly and brought things out in a timely matter. I have to bring up that the food was AMAZING. We had the option of filet mignon and champagne chicken for our guests and everyone was raving about the food and how they could cut their steak with a butter knife. My husband is vegetarian and I am pescatarian and they even made special entrees for the two of us upon request. My husband said his pesto tortellini was amazing and my shrimp were THE BEST shrimp I ever had! All of our guests said that this was the best and most beautiful wedding they have ever been to and we definitely have Abbey and the Monte Bello Estate to thank for that. We wish we could re-live our wedding date over and over again at this amazing venue :)

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 06/27/2020

The best venue!

Monte bello is the best wedding venue around! My husband and I looked at over 12 places at the beginning of our venue search, and the moment we saw Monte Bello we knew it simply could not be beat. Not only are the grounds beautiful but the staff are amazing. There are so many options when it comes to photo spots, ceremony location, room set-up, food, etc. so you can truly personalize your special day. We worked with both Courtney and Abbey, and we never could have planned a wedding (especially during the pandemic) without them. They remained calm and professional throughout the process, and helped us plan the most beautiful day. The food is amazing and the tasting was so fun! The cocktail hour spot was awesome too! They are always doing upgrades to make the place even more beautiful (in the time I was working with them, they got a new dance floor and redid the entire indoor cocktail hour/ceremony space). My friends and family absolutely loved it. We highly recommend Monte Bello for anyone looking for a beautiful venue whose staff will make sure you have your dream wedding.

Sent on 08/23/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

The Monte Bello Estate Pricing

Guests

Here's what couples with similar selections spent on this venue:

$25,978 - $38,035
Get your quote

This venue offers the below options which may impact pricing:

• Ceremony
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

The Monte Bello Estate FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 4900
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 4900
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 2500
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 2500
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    China
    Clean Up
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
    Parking
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    House Beer
    House Liquor
    House Wine
    Open Bar
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Banquet Hall
    Garden
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    All Inclusive Packages
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Pet Friendly
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Lighting
    Tables
    Tents
    Tent Accessories
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January

Team of The Monte Bello Estate

KATIE  COVALLE

KATIE COVALLE

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

I have been executing and overseeing weddings and all types of events here at the estate since 2006. I feel that an outgoing yet thoughtful attitude is the key to a successful event. My staff and clients would describe me as an attentive person that is committed to making our events remarkable.

It is my pleasure as the Executive Director to demand excellence out of myself as well as my staff to ensure that your day is amazing and one not to forget. We can't wait to meet you!

ABBEY  CASTEEL

ABBEY CASTEEL

DIRECTOR OF SALES AND EVENTS

Growing from within the company, I have had the pleasure of working at the estate since 2008. I have benefited from floating through several other positions before becoming the director of events by being able to fully understand the urgency and detail that goes into making each and every event a success from all aspects. Working hands on with my clients and executing each event to reflect their individual wants and needs is something I truly love. My staff would point out that you can always find me smiling. I am laid back and high energy, but I have a no-nonsense approach to ensuring that each event is exactly what the client envisions and more.

SARAH NILI

SARAH NILI

DIRECTOR OF MARKETING

I have firsthand experience with all things wedding related after planning my own wedding in May 2015 (yes, wedding planning can be really fun!). My favorite part of being in the event industry is helping clients add personalized details to create unique, one-of-a-kind events. My degree in Communication and Public Relations benefits me in specializing in marketing and social media at The Monte Bello Estate. Our staff would describe me as a positive person who is committed to making sure you and your guests have the most unforgettable day with amazing photos!

View team

• Rev. Jeannie Walton Wedding Officiants

What a lovely staff and lovely venue to have your wedding. I love to officiate weddings at the Monte Bello, Stepping on to the private Estate you instantly relax and your day starts off right with your first look, pictures and then your wonderful ceremony. You will love having your ceremony here!

• Being Joy Photography Wedding Photographers

The Monte Bello Estate is a beautiful venue for any wedding. The lush grounds create a stunning background with gorgeous water feature front and center. As you step inside you are blown away by the uniqueness that the venue holds. I especially love the new bridal suite and outdoor areas for guests to mingle and enjoy the breathtaking sunset. Their staff is top notch and amazing, which is just the icing on the cake!

• TWA Photographic Artists Wedding Photographers

We Love working with the team at Monte Bello Estates! The entire staff is amazing, offering professional, personalized service. The grounds are a photographer's Dream Come True! With so many wonderful, picturesque areas to photograph, there are breathtaking views from almost any angle.

• 16501 135th Street Lemont, IL, 60439 See on map
    815-476-3276 (Phone number)
    Our office hours are: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9am-5pm and Saturday from 9am-3pm. We take tours by appointment so please give us a call or email us to schedule your tour of our beautiful grounds and estate today!
    Location of (The Monte Bello Estate)

The Monte Bello Estate frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Monte Bello Estate?

The Monte Bello Estate includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:

• Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Tables

At The Monte Bello Estate, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

The Monte Bello Estate includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:

• Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)
  • Wedding Cake

At The Monte Bello Estate, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at The Monte Bello Estate includes:

• Bartender(s)
  • House Beer
  • House Liquor
  • House Wine
  • Open Bar

What are the most important characteristics of The Monte Bello Estate in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Monte Bello Estate for wedding events is known for:

• Ballroom
  • Banquet Hall
  • Garden
  • Mansion

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Monte Bello Estate for wedding events?

The Monte Bello Estate offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:

• Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does The Monte Bello Estate offer?

The Monte Bello Estate offers the following types of wedding events:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Monte Bello Estate offer for wedding events?

The Monte Bello Estate offers the following services for wedding events:

• Get Ready Rooms
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Pet Friendly
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Monte Bello Estate have available for wedding events?

The Monte Bello Estate offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:

• Chairs
  • Lighting
  • Tables
  • Tents
  • Tent Accessories

What percentage of users recommend The Monte Bello Estate and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Monte Bello Estate is recommended by 96% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.9 in average response time, 4.9 in professionalism, 4.8 in quality of service, 4.8 in flexibility and 4.7 in value.