About TwoToneUmbrella

Hair, Make-up, Cosmetics, Skincare

People often ask me how I came up with the name, TwoToneUmbrella.

I wanted something Fun, Fresh, and Unique that conveyed our company.

I love color and believe hair and makeup is about color and style and each person has their own, unique look -

so I envisioned two tones.  I also wanted the name to convey protection and coverage, for our line of skincare products and

in addition, our outstanding customer service and an umbrella came to mind.  And that's how the name

TwoToneUmbrella was born!

We are proud & honored to be published in

100 Layer Cake

Grace Ormonde Wedding Style

BelAire Bridal

OC Bride

Please vist our website www.TwoToneUmbrella.com  for updated events, makeup, skincare and photos.

Looking forward to connecting with you!

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

Blowouts (1)
Hair Extensions (1)
Haircuts (1)
Tweezing (1)

Denise was absolutely amazing, and I would recommend her highly to anyone. I am Asian, and I had the most difficult time finding a hair and makeup artist with the skill and knowledge to work with my thick, straight hair and my Asian facial features. On the consult visit, I knew that she was different from the other hair and makeup artists I consulted with. She carefully tailored my hairstyle and makeup to perfectly accentuate my natural features, and I looked absolutely gorgeous. On the wedding day, she was focused, attentive, and transformed me into the beautiful bride that I never thought I could be. I got numerous compliments on how beautiful I looked that evening. She is on the pricier side, but she is well worth the cost. You only get to be a bride once (ideally), and investing in a talented hair and makeup artist is a MUST, especially if you are shelling out the a hefty chunk of change on your photographer/videographer. Our photos came out so amazing that it is going to be featured in the upcoming Ceremony magazine.

Profile Picture agnes, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tweezing, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Two Tone Umbrella went above and beyond my expectations. Denise had been doing my hair for over 10 years, but hasn't done my makeup before my wedding. Denise is not only exceptional at what she does, she is also an incredible person. Denise listens to what you want, and gives honest feedback. She put me at ease during the entire process. She helped to calm me down when I was stressed about wedding planning, she made me feel really special every time she did my hair, and she gives the best advise weather it relates to hair/makeup/wedding or just life. She also helped me figure out my wedding day timeline. My venue had a weird set up for getting ready, and she helped me decide what would work best for the wedding day. She also really emphasizes looking naturally beautiful and not fake. Her ultimate goal is for you to look and feel incredible, no matter what. She is an expert in her field and individualizes her work to each client - there is no one look fits all with her, she makes YOU look YOUR best! Denise knows what makeup and hair looks good based on your face shape, completion, hair type, etc. When I did my makeup/hair trial I came to her with some general ideas, but didn't know exactly what I wanted. She helped me figure out the perfect look and the results were beyond anything I could have imagined. She also helped me find the perfect hair extension piece, and it matched my hair exactly (my friends were shocked that I had extensions in because it looked so flawless). On the day of the wedding, Denise and her assistant did an INCREDIBLE job. My hair and makeup were literally perfect, I've never looked so good in my life. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Two Tone Umbrella. They also made my bridesmaids, mom, and aunt look like models -my pictures were perfect! I can't recommend Two Tone Umbrella enough. If you are unsure of who to pick to do your hair and makeup on your wedding day GO WITH TWO TONE UMBRELLA.

Profile Picture Jeanette, 8/8/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Denise and her team are AMAZING! They do such an awesome job on hair and makeup. And to top it off, they are so fun to hang out with! I had an absolute disaster happen to me for my destination wedding - I had hired a makeup artist a year in advance, and she cancelled on me 4 months before my wedding. In hindsight, this was pure luck! Denise and her team had done my sister's wedding in Laguna the year before, so I knew she did an incredible job, and luckily, she was still available for my wedding date!! I flew her and Hannah out for my Tahoe wedding, and I could not have been happier. They were super accommodating of my timelines, and flight/car/hotel arrangements. They did hair and makeup for my entire wedding party, and both moms. Everyone looked spectacular, and my photos were gorgeous. She understood what I was looking for and nailed it. Thank you Denise!

I should also mention that they did a superb job on everyone for my sister's wedding as well. Everyone looked just so beautiful! AND the makeup lasted perfectly ALL NIGHT!!! For everyone at both our weddings. My other sister slept in her makeup, and woke up looking gorgeous, ha. Anyway, if you're looking for makeup/hair stylists for any of your events, you won't be disappointed by hiring Two Tone Umbrella.

Profile Picture User5309605, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

Maximum Group Size

19 Photos

Featured Magazine Photos

19 Photos

AMAZING hair and makeup!!! Denise is so professional, calm and efficient! She listens to each client to create the look they've imagined for their big day or any other event. A pleasure to work with as she and her crew are always on time and makeup/hair is flawless!!! HIGHLY recommended and first referral I give to all my brides! :)

For a fresh natural look with a touch of elegance and glamour that will last your entire wedding day and night, Denise Empey will make that happen. Every bride that I have ever sent to Denise (which is dozens) has always been 110% satisfied and thrilled with their hair, make-up and overall "look" for their special day.

2817 Villa Way, Newport Beach, CA 92663   See On Map