New York, NY 10292 Map · Phone number

About Tom Schelling Photography

I'm a fine art photographer who creates timeless wedding stories using film in addition to digital cameras.

With a background in the arts and a love for celebrating love, I promise to not only be a calm and uplifting anchor during your wedding (your photographer is the only vendor you hang out with all day!) but also to create beautiful, authentic artwork of you, your family and your friends.

Follow Tom Schelling Photography on

7e6e475627e8cc4c 1525721401 39627da7b02a5472 1525721399547 1 Fine Art Wedding P
105a35c6190846b3 1525721401 675c597cd868b865 1525721399549 2 Fine Art Wedding P

22 Reviews for Tom Schelling Photography

Tara · Married on 06/30/2018

Working with Tom was the best decision we made while wedding planning. As someone who feels incredibly awkward when having their picture taken, I was dreading wedding photos and finding a photographer and just hoped I wouldn’t look too uncomfortable. After meeting with Tom for the first time he instantly put my mind at ease. I initially chose him because all the people looked very natural and comfortable in his photos. And it’s no wonder because he was so easy to work with and made the whole process very fun.

Tom is incredibly organized and my husband and I are incredibly unorganized so having Tom as hour photographer made life so much easier. There was never an issue with contacting him. He was always quick to reply to any of our questions or concerns. He checked in regularly to make sure everything was going according to plan and took away so much of the stress of planning a wedding.

Also Tom is super thoughtful. He really went out of his way to get to know us, he remembered our birthdays, he even sent a date night gift package to us after we first booked him.

Tom is just amazing. As a human, a a photographer, as an artist. Just generally all around amazing.

If you’re on the fence about booking Tom just know that he can make anyone look beautiful even if you find yourself to be terribly awkward and not photogenic. Not only will you and your significant other look great, but everyone in your wedding party will be stunning in his photographs as well. I highly recommend checking out his Instagram to see his work. And watching his Instagram stories which are usually pretty amusing.

Book Tom. It’ll be the best decision you make while wedding planning.

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2018

Less than 2 months before our wedding, our original photographer called me and told me she was unfortunately no longer able to photograph our wedding, as planned. In a panic, I contacted my wedding coordinator and explained what had happened. He told us not to worry, and he recommended a few photographers to us.
    Reaching out to Tom, I was nervous because of the given situation, but Tom was immediately able to put my mind at ease regarding our dilemma. From our first conversation with Tom until now, even after our wedding, Tom has been beyond amazing! Tom has always been so quick to respond to emails and answer all questions. Tom also surprised us with little extras along the way – we were blows away by his thoughtfulness. On our wedding day, Tom went above and beyond our expectations to give us photos that will last forever. Our pictures are absolutely STUNNING! We love them all (seriously there isn’t one bad photo in the bunch, which makes it tough to design the album... but it’s a problem you definitely want to have!). Tom is so incredibly talented that these few words of thanks do not give justice to his incredible artistic ability. Our photos look like they belong in a magazine: they are truly to die for!
    If you are on the fence about booking Tom, trust me – do it!! You will not be disappointed. Tom puts his whole heart and soul into his work, and for that, we are truly grateful. We highly recommend Tom and will be using him again in the future. Tom – Thank you! Thank you again! - John and Ashley

Joe · Married on 04/21/2018

My wife, Nicole and I used Tom for our wedding photography and I have to say he was an absolute pleasure to work with. His skill and efficiency went above & beyond and for that we are truly grateful. Tom is extremely mindful of all of his surroundings. He’s very patient and considerate. But most of all, he remembers to accommodate every single detail while shooting. By detail I mean even remembering to bring along a squeaky toy for our Siberian Husky, Ryder so his ADD wouldn’t get the better of him and it worked! The photos came out AMAZING!!!
    You’re the best, Tom!
    We definitely recommend Tom for all of your wedding photography needs!

Kudos!

-Joe & Nicole.

Tom Schelling Photography 1

Tom Schelling Photography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day

• Elegant Designs by Joy
    Elegant Designs by Joy Wedding Florists

I have now had the pleasure to work with Tom on several weddings. He captures the real feeling behind his images, so you can see the story without even hearing it. It's a special talent that comes to one so natural. I am more than happy to suggest clients check him out for their party & events. You have to have a connection & give trust to your vendors, and that is just what Tom gives back.

• New York, NY See on map