Tom Schelling Photography Reviews

22 | New York, NY

22 Reviews for Tom Schelling Photography

22 Tom Schelling Photography Reviews

Tara · Married on 06/30/2018

Working with Tom was the best decision we made while wedding planning. As someone who feels incredibly awkward when having their picture taken, I was dreading wedding photos and finding a photographer and just hoped I wouldn’t look too uncomfortable. After meeting with Tom for the first time he instantly put my mind at ease. I initially chose him because all the people looked very natural and comfortable in his photos. And it’s no wonder because he was so easy to work with and made the whole process very fun.

Tom is incredibly organized and my husband and I are incredibly unorganized so having Tom as hour photographer made life so much easier. There was never an issue with contacting him. He was always quick to reply to any of our questions or concerns. He checked in regularly to make sure everything was going according to plan and took away so much of the stress of planning a wedding.

Also Tom is super thoughtful. He really went out of his way to get to know us, he remembered our birthdays, he even sent a date night gift package to us after we first booked him.

Tom is just amazing. As a human, a a photographer, as an artist. Just generally all around amazing.

If you’re on the fence about booking Tom just know that he can make anyone look beautiful even if you find yourself to be terribly awkward and not photogenic. Not only will you and your significant other look great, but everyone in your wedding party will be stunning in his photographs as well. I highly recommend checking out his Instagram to see his work. And watching his Instagram stories which are usually pretty amusing.

Book Tom. It’ll be the best decision you make while wedding planning.

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2018

Less than 2 months before our wedding, our original photographer called me and told me she was unfortunately no longer able to photograph our wedding, as planned. In a panic, I contacted my wedding coordinator and explained what had happened. He told us not to worry, and he recommended a few photographers to us.
    Reaching out to Tom, I was nervous because of the given situation, but Tom was immediately able to put my mind at ease regarding our dilemma. From our first conversation with Tom until now, even after our wedding, Tom has been beyond amazing! Tom has always been so quick to respond to emails and answer all questions. Tom also surprised us with little extras along the way – we were blows away by his thoughtfulness. On our wedding day, Tom went above and beyond our expectations to give us photos that will last forever. Our pictures are absolutely STUNNING! We love them all (seriously there isn’t one bad photo in the bunch, which makes it tough to design the album... but it’s a problem you definitely want to have!). Tom is so incredibly talented that these few words of thanks do not give justice to his incredible artistic ability. Our photos look like they belong in a magazine: they are truly to die for!
    If you are on the fence about booking Tom, trust me – do it!! You will not be disappointed. Tom puts his whole heart and soul into his work, and for that, we are truly grateful. We highly recommend Tom and will be using him again in the future. Tom – Thank you! Thank you again! - John and Ashley

Joe · Married on 04/21/2018

My wife, Nicole and I used Tom for our wedding photography and I have to say he was an absolute pleasure to work with. His skill and efficiency went above & beyond and for that we are truly grateful. Tom is extremely mindful of all of his surroundings. He’s very patient and considerate. But most of all, he remembers to accommodate every single detail while shooting. By detail I mean even remembering to bring along a squeaky toy for our Siberian Husky, Ryder so his ADD wouldn’t get the better of him and it worked! The photos came out AMAZING!!!
    You’re the best, Tom!
    We definitely recommend Tom for all of your wedding photography needs!

Kudos!

-Joe & Nicole.

Tom Schelling Photography 1

Tiffany · Married on 11/05/2017

We hired Tom to photograph our engagement photos as well as our wedding. He was very professional and captured beautiful photos of us as well as our friends and families. He showed up early and stayed late. He went above and beyond for us. I highly recommend him and I would hire him again.

Tom Schelling Photography 2
    Tom Schelling Photography 3
    Tom Schelling Photography 4

Richard · Married on 10/22/2017

I don't know where to start with this review. Do I start with the beautiful pictures he took? The professional attitude he had when dealing with my overbearing family? Or with the friendly and caring attitude he had towards making sure he captured the best photos possible!? Honestly, from the time we signed the contract until the wedding Tom was FANTASTIC! I would not only recommend him to everyone I know, but if I am ever in need of a photographer again he will be my first call. Thank you for the best experience I have ever had with photos.

David · Married on 09/24/2017

Tom was incredible from start to finish. As soon as we hired him he was constantly in touch with us, kept us up to date and that didn't stop the day of. During our wedding even our friends said he was like a ninja, barely seen but got incredible photos. Even after the big day he continued to make sure we were as happy as possible. Highly recommend.

Tom Schelling Photography 5
    Tom Schelling Photography 6

Hillary · Married on 08/26/2017

So lucky that Tom was referred to me from a friend. Could not have asked for a more attentive and professional photographer. His work speaks for itself. Forever I’ll cherish these amazing moments that we’re perfectly captured by Tom!

Daniel · Married on 07/30/2017

Tom is not only an amazing photographer, he's a professional. From the initial consultation to the complete production and delivery of the photos he kept us up to date without once having to check up on him. Pretty much after hiring him we did not once have to be concerned about photography, that gave us more time to worry about the other million things we need for our wedding. On the day of the wedding Tom came early and understood the time sensitivity & urgency of every stage of the wedding and he acted accordingly, He was always in the background taking perfect shots without delay or interruptions. He made the photography an exciting and complimentary part of the whole big day. There is not a better photographer you can find if you are looking for one. Thanks Tom, my family & friends will enjoy these pictures for years to come.

Lloyd · Married on 07/23/2017

Tom was very attentive and professional. His poses were perfect for our wedding and the quality of the photographs were excellent. He always managed to get the right picture at the right time and this has to do with his knowledge. His post processing of the photos captured the wedding perfectly. Everyone was put at ease with his mannerisms. I highly recommend Tom Schelling Photography for any event.

Lincoln & Victoria · Married on 06/17/2017

Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder and through Toms eyes he was able to capture our love. Not only Is he a professional but he is personable. He was able to capture each moment in a way that together tell a very accurate story of our special day. It was so easy and effortless working with him and the experience with him was worth every penny!

Breeann · Married on 05/13/2017

Tom didn't have to work hard at all to manage to impress my husband and I. From our first meeting all the way to our wedding day, he maintained an incredible level of professionalism and expertise. He made our entire wedding planning process so smooth and simple, giving tips and advice not only on our day of photography, but also on vendors, our wedding day timeline, and so much more. He went above and beyond for us. On the day of our wedding it poured, but Tom didn't let the rain bring us down. He kept an eye on the weather the days building up to our wedding, and when we realized the rain was inevitable he convinced me to buy clear umbrellas. Thank goodness I listened to his advice, because we got some incredible shots! Tom, along with our amazing wedding party, were fearless. We all got out in the rain, umbrellas in tow, and battled the storm. Tom was soaking wet from head to toe by the end of the day, but he never once complained or let it interfere with his work. Even after the wedding he continued to impress us with all of his "extras" and details, that helped to show how much he appreciated working with us as much as we did with him. We have gotten an endless amount of compliments on our wedding photos. We highly recommend Tom to any couple. You won't be disappointed!

Mickaela · Married on 03/24/2017

Tom was absolutely amazing! He worked with us for a while before the wedding day to make sure we super prepared and he made everything so so easy! We don't take many pictures as it is and Tom made sure that everything ran smoothly and that we got all photos we needed. He was so nice and so professional and we could not have asked for anything better. The pictures came out beautifully and we could not have been happier! Thanks so much Tom!!

Lety · Married on 03/18/2017

Tom didn't have much time to prepare to shoot our wedding because we planned it in six days, we contacted him four days before and fortunately he was available, we didn't discuss the details until the day before, he had very little time if not hours to prepare, in spite of it, he did an amazing job, we haven't seen all of our pictures yet but what we saw excedded our expectations. The day of our wedding it was raining and we were concerned that our pictures wouldn't be as good, however Tom used it in our favor. We are very happy with his work and his personality. He made posing for him a fun and entertaining experience! My husband and I strongly recommend his services!

Tatiana · Married on 10/01/2016

Tom Schelling Photography is simply the best. I would recommend Tom to any couple looking for a great wedding photographer. We cannot thank Tom enough for being so professional, easy going, fun, and talented. My husband and I just got our wedding photos back and WOW! We are thrilled. The photos came back so quickly and are just gorgeous. Everyone has been totally amazed by them. The photos are really whimsical and have a dream-like quality to them. Just what I wanted. I have had a few bad experiences as a bridesmaid with friends' wedding photographers being super pushy and bossing the wedding party around, so it was really important to my husband and I that we hire a photographer who fit in well with our wedding party and would make everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. It is no easy task! But after meeting with Tom we knew he was just perfect. Honestly, he felt like a friend. He even traveled out to Manhattan to meet us for our first consultation. Tom really goes above and beyond for his clients. He's not forceful or bossy or constantly in your face with the camera. He lets you do your own thing and will capture very real and natural moments, without overly posing shots. We got married in a church and even our priest said he didn't notice Tom was there during the mass. That's truly how good he is. I can't say enough about how much we love our wedding photos and thoroughly enjoyed Tom's company during our wedding day and planning process. Planning a wedding is stressful and Tom totally put us at ease throughout the months leading up to the wedding. Book Tom Schelling Photography and you will be one happy bride!

Peter · Married on 09/24/2016

Tom is as professional and as talented as they come. He came full of energy which really added to the outcome of all the photos, and he did a fantastic job directing our large party to make sure all the shots we wanted were captured. We couldn't be happier with the work that he did, and are very fortunate to have had him as a part of our wedding day.

Claire · Married on 08/05/2016

Tom knows what he's doing and is great to work with!

Marcie · Married on 07/23/2016

Tom Is an amazing wedding photographer and did any amazing job for us. Tom brought so much organization and clarity on the months before and the day of our wedding! He is a combination of wedding planner and wedding photographer. He made sure we had everything prepared and managed our expectations! He was fabulous and I wouldn't have changed one thing he did for us!

Kristey · Married on 05/22/2016

Where do I start with Tom. From the first time we sat to plan our special day I knew that we found the perfect person to help us make the best memories. One of the first things that called my attention was how organized and very experienced Tom was. There were details that he had brought up that myself as a bride you would think I touched up on but he was right on top of it all. He would frequently send us emails with some great advice and would constantly check up on us and offer his help. Tom also worked with our budget. He asked us what we were looking to spend and gave us exactly that! The day of the wedding Tom carried on with his amazing professionalism. He showed up right on time, he made out this perfect timeline for my day and constantly reminded me and my husband to most importantly HAVE FUN! He gave me great pointers on how to take advantage of the day and to have a good time. Your day will go by very very fast and i remember feeling a little pressure while having my "getting ready" shots because our limo had arrived a bit early and I knew they were out there waiting for us and he noticed that I got a little flustered and he so kindly told me to not worry about it, "its YOUR wedding day, they can wait for YOU" just those few words completely took all the pressure away. We took our "first look" pictures at the queens botanical garden and Tom took time out of his own schedule before our wedding day to check out the garden and get some ideas for some shots.
    While doing our portraits I loved how positive Tom was and energetic. you know we all have those family members that want to push their ideas and give their opinions and I was worried that Tom would get flustered but he handled them all so amazing and I really appreciated that. He brought great ease to my husband and I and I loved seeing him enjoy how the photos were coming out. I have many family members who will be getting married in the near future and have already mentioned using Tom for their day

Rachel · Married on 05/21/2016

Tom Schelling has helped photograph various events for GlamourGals. Tom is always in the right place at the right time to capture essential moments. He always listens to our needs while still incorporating his creativity. He makes the crowd feel at ease and can always get a smile out of them. His shots always look really natural, the colors are always vivid and the quality is very clear. We look forward to working with Tom for a very long time.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Tom Schelling Photography's reply:

Thanks Rachel!! It's always so inspiring to work with you guys!

Michael · Married on 05/07/2016

Be open minded and listen to the ideas he has to offer. Tom definitely has an eye for photography and Karina and I couldn't be happier with the results!

Karina · Married on 05/07/2016

Not only were our photos amazing and beautiful but Tom worked around our crazy schedule and really listened to what we were looking for. He's super fun to work with and makes it very easy for people who aren't very good at posing for photos (me) to take some great photos that look natural and gorgeous!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Tom Schelling Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! Your wedding was awesome and so unique! Both you and Mike were a pleasure to work with and I wish you both the best!

Kelsey · Married on 02/06/2015

Tom was beyond wonderful! He really took the time to get to know us as a couple . We looked at a bunch of different photographers but we choose Tom for his ability to capture moments in a way that retell the story and emotion along with it. Also his attention to detail was amazing . The day of was busy bur tom and his team captured it all and more. He even captured some really amazing candids! I love looking through our wedding ablum and sharing it with others. Some of our family was not able to be with us on our day but we were able to share it with them through the photos Tom took. I completely recommend him !

Tom Schelling Photography 7