San Diego, CA 92103 Map · Phone number

23 Reviews for thomas bui lifestyle

• Charlotte

Charlotte Coseo · Married on 12/01/2019

Stress-free, Meticulous Planner!

We hired Thomas Bui for my mom's 60th birthday celebration. We have always admired Thomas' work as native San Diegans. It has always been a dream of my mom's to hire Thomas, so we were very excited to work with him and Thomas and his team exceeded all of our expectations.

We told him a brief idea of what we were thinking for the party and he took it to a new level. His knowledge of the industry and vast experience is unmatched. He has incredible relationships with the best, most reliable vendors, so the entire process from planning to the actual party was efficient and seamless. Thomas coordinated the invites, a dance floor on the pool, gourmet appetizers and dinner, a band, rentals, hair and makeup and much more. The day of the party was relaxing and stress-free thanks to his meticulous planning.

Thomas and his team are friendly, outgoing and easy to be around. We always looked forward to our meetings with them prior to the event. Thomas has endless ideas, but knows how to narrow down the priorities to fit within budget. We will absolutely be hiring Thomas again. If you want to throw a first class party, Thomas is for you.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Derrick

Derrick Djang · Married on 03/08/2019

Even better than in my dreams

To Thomas and the whole TBL crew: We wanted to say thank you, again, from the bottom of our hearts for making the wedding of our dreams a reality! I've personally been dreaming of my wedding day since I was a little boy, but this weekend proved that I didn't dream big enough. I never imagined just how beautiful it could have been -- and our actual wedding exceeded all of my wishes as a young boy. THANK YOU ALL for creating the best day of our lives! We love you so much for everything that you do!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Minh Le · Married on 01/10/2019

Confident, courteous and flexible

My wife and I have had a year to reflect on this since the wedding and I’m finally glad to publish it. For anyone that’s reading this review, I can only imagine the stress you’re feeling and sheer magnitude of items that you will need to address ahead of the wedding and things that you probably have not even thought of yet. Now imagine that and transporting yourself to the other side of the world (12 time zones away) and you may feel a sense of hopelessness or lack of control over such a creative process.

For my wife and I, that was exactly how we felt when we set out to plan our San Diego wedding from the UAE (San Diego because I’m from there). Now enter Thomas, a very friendly, easy to get along with person and very well connected in the event planning industry – additionally, he has an incredible attitude, bringing a sense of calmness and measured control during the planning and execution phase.

We started a year out for planning this wedding and during the first eight months, it was the occasional email on “let’s decide this because this is when we need to decide it” which was perfect given the time difference and our busy schedules. Crunch time came around T-4, when we were planning to meet Thomas for the first time (he was hired based on an initial Skype interview and seeing him plan other weddings for my family members). As expected, our schedules changed and we could only be in San Diego a month later; “no worries” said Thomas, all vendor were able to accommodate the schedule change with the utmost courtesy. Meeting Thomas for the first time at the Park Hyatt Aviara, we ate our way through a 20-course taster to dwindle the selection down to 8 choices. We picked out the final invitations with the meal choices and stopped by Blush Botanicals to see the proposed table settings and florals. I’m certain there was a ton of work in the background but to us, it was effortless and fun.

We come back to San Diego a week before the wedding with what we thought was a nearly finalized wedding plan, but we had a few ideas to make the wedding more fun and enjoyable for our guests. Conversations from one week out began and all ended like this:

Conversation #1
    Us: Hi Thomas, can we please have an ice luge for next weekend next to the bar outside?
    Thomas: Of course, I know a good ice sculptor. How big do you want it and what do you want inscribed?

Conversation #2
    Us: Hi Thomas, can we ask Melissa to print out detailed itineraries for all of the guests given it’s a 3-day event?
    Thomas: Of course, I’ll coordinate with her.

Conversation #3
    Us: Hi Thomas, can we order 100 cubes of Dom gummy bears as party favors from Sugarfina and add custom stickers thanking the guests?
    Thomas: Definitely, ship them to my house and I’ll work on it with Melissa

Conversation #4
    Us: Hi Thomas, can we make 50 hangover kits for the guests staying at the hotel?
    Thomas: Yes, these are the items I suggest…

I think you get the message here – the answer was never a no and no request was too much. We even asked to have free roaming peacocks at our farewell brunch – Thomas enquired and then suggested that we shouldn’t have them because they shed their feathers in October; featherless peacocks wouldn’t be too fun and we passed upon Thomas’ suggestion. In hindsight, we probably could have asked Thomas to import some from Australia for the brunch and he probably would have found a way. It’s this measured calmness and impression of being in control (and actually being in control) that gave us the calmness and confidence to push to the finish line. Having a panicked and tough to deal with wedding planner would have deteriorated our event which thankfully Thomas was not in any way.

A couple things to note: communication with Thomas was easy and effortless. You can always expect prompt replies to any questions or requests. He is a reasonable person and presents himself confidently, something that is very important when we’re all about to embark on something that we have never done before. We really enjoyed working with Thomas and hope others will have the same opportunity as well.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

thomas bui lifestyle FAQ

• What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 7008
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 12000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Guest List Creation
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• ANGIE SILVY Photography Wedding Photographers

Thomas is wonderful!!! just look at his web site and work... San Diego is very lucky to have someone as talented as he is... angie silvy

• San Diego, 92103 See on map
    6192989446 (Phone number)
    Location of (thomas bui lifestyle)