The Westin Chicago North Shore

601 North Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, IL 60090 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Westin Chicago North Shore

Based in Wheeling, Illinois, the Westin Chicago North Shore is a chic wedding venue where you can enjoy the luxury of an elegant three-course dinner with wine service, butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, and white linen service. You and your guests will enjoy the creative dishes prepared from locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Dedicated wedding specialists work with you to ensure your wedding day vision is executed just as you imagined at the Westin.

Facilities and Capacity
The Westin Chicago North Shore offers an array of unique spaces and ballrooms where you can hold your wedding ceremony and reception. The largest ballroom can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a lavish event. The rooms are also flexible to accommodate smaller-sized weddings. The rooms are classically designed with modern touches, ready to be transformed and customized to fit your wedding. You have the convenience of holding all your events in this hotel, including using one of the get-ready rooms beforehand. There is parking and valet available. The hotel is wheelchair accessible and pet-friendly.

The Westin Chicago North Shore offers all-inclusive wedding packages that include everything from the event spaces to accommodations in the hotel rooms to specialty catering services. An event planner can walk you through your dining and catering options, whether you are serving a plated dinner, stations, a buffet, family-style meals, or just a cocktail reception. You have the opportunity to taste the dishes beforehand. Beverage services include an array of choices for beer, wine, liquor, champagne, and specialty drinks served at an open, limited, or cash bar. On the day of your event, staff members set up the venue space as you discussed and clean up once the wedding is over. The hotel offers the following event items:

• Chairs
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Chocolate fountain

Accommodations
The modern hotel offers 412 guest rooms and suites complete with a vast amount of amenities. You can receive special guest room rates. All the rooms feature the signature Westin Heavenly Bed® and Heavenly Bath®. The couple receives a complimentary suite on the night of the wedding.

Location
The hotel is 16 miles from Chicago O’Hare International Airport and situated on Chicago’s prestigious North Shore. This location offers you and your guests both suburban tranquility and easy city access.

Follow The Westin Chicago North Shore on
dlt351

10 Reviews for The Westin Chicago North Shore

• Lesley

Lesley · Married on 12/08/2012

When I began planning my wedding the one word I used to describe what I wanted was elegance - The Westin Chicago North Shore delivers that and so much more. I had my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception here. My guests loved that once they were here, they were here for the evening! We also utilized a room block which was another huge advantage.

I worked with Jennifer Remington who is the most responsive and accommodating person I could have ever dreamed of when planning my wedding. There were days I'd email her 10 times a day and she would always respond extremely fast and she was always there for every single random question, change in plans, accommodation, worry or concern I had, simply ANYTHING. She was an absolute God sent.

My guests were blown away by the class and elegance the Westin Chicago North Shore gives off. I also loved that everything is so clean and crisp with shining marble walls and neutral carpet - it's the perfect pallet to create your dream wedding.

The staff on my wedding day was top notch. They didn't bother us, but still were attentive to make sure everything was going as we wanted. They also did an impeccable job of putting away our table frames, card cage, etc. Everything with such care and grace.

Last but not least, this is an extremely honest and professional establishment. We had a guest cancel last min (she had a baby!) and when I notified Jennifer so that the table would be set with the correct number, she told me she'd credit me back those two plates. I didn't expect that, and it was such a wonderful gesture.

Elegance, class, and WOW - that's what you'll get here. We became Starwood Preferred members and are now huge fans of this hotel family. The restaurants here are top notch too, made for a great gathering place with friends the night before the wedding. This is a place you can be proud to host your wedding . We felt like royalty and so did our guests. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Sent on 12/13/2012

Leana · Married on 07/01/2011

The Westin was amazing!!! After looking at my photos, I was even more impressed with the location.
    From the very begining, Susan was most helpful. I bombarded her with questions and she was very prompt getting back to me. When we had a bad experience with another service, she assured me that we would not have an experience like that the day of our wedding....and she was right. She was at our weddignn most of the evening, even reminding me that I should eat my dinner if I was going to plan on making it through the night.
    The tent was beautiful. The food was amazing. The service was impecable. The value so superb.
    We could not have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 10/31/2011

The Westin Chicago North Shore FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 926.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Server(s), Wedding Cake
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Bar Services, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Pet Friendly
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, November, December

• 601 North Milwaukee Avenue Wheeling, IL, 60090 See on map