The Union League of Philadelphia

140 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19255 Map · Phone number

About The Union League of Philadelphia

The Union League of Philadelphia, ranked the #1 City Club in the Country, is a shining jewel of history in a city defined by such treasure. Founded in 1862 as a patriotic society to support the Union and the policies of President Abraham Lincoln, The Union League of Philadelphia laid the philosophical foundation of other Union Leagues across a nation torn by civil war.

The Union League Golf Club at Torresdale's beautifully renovated clubhouse is the perfect venue for your special event! Offering incredible views, located in Northeast Philadelphia only 12 miles from our Center City clubhouse, the Union League Golf Club feels like an oasis in the city. The ambiance and décor throughout the Torresdale clubhouse offer an inviting, classic feel, perfect for any occasion or celebration. The renovated Donald Ross golf course is a focal point of every event with picturesque views from the ballroom's curved windows and the lounge seating area in the Presidents Rooms. All events at the Union League Golf Club are planned with great attention to every detail and executed with seamless service. Weddings and events at the Golf Club are sure to impress. We look forward to helping you create the event of your dreams!

• Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
  • Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
  • The Madison

14 Reviews for The Union League of Philadelphia

Kate · Married on 09/04/2016

I just got married at the Union League on Sunday, September 4th, 2016. I can't say enough great things about this place! The venue is stunning and needs minimal decorations/flowers. The only thing we really needed was centerpieces and some flowers here and there- the building did all of the talking. I worked closely with Allison Ladley and she responded to all my emails quickly and always had the answer to all of my questions. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Union League. They also have hotel rooms so you don't even have to go anywhere from beginning to end of the wedding! Everythjng from the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, food, cigar bar- all of it!- was just absolutely perfect! Allison was there throughout the entire wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. We had not one issue (at least that I knew about) and I couldn't have asked for a better day or place to get married in.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2015

Karen Keinath and her team at the Union League of Philadelphia did an amazing job with our wedding. Everything was perfect. They went above and beyond. The service during the reception was excellent and many guests made comments to me about this. The food was delicious as well. I gave 5 stars for value even though others say it is is pricy, but for what you get it is worth every cent. No regrets!

Sent on 05/02/2015

I got married at the Union League Golf Club at Torresdale on May 27, 2016. We were the first wedding there since the Union League moved into the club and completely renovated it. I knew the UL would do an amazing job with the space, and they absolutely did. Moreover, the UL staff, particularly Ann Markowitz, was more than accommodating, every step of the way throughout the entire process. Ann and the UL catered to all of our needs, and they made my family and I feel very special. Every last detail was taken care of, and they truly went above and beyond. As soon as we arrived, Ann had two golf carts waiting to take us out on the golf course for pictures. The club’s golf pro drove us around to all of the most picturesque spots on the course, and Ann came along with bottles of champagne and plates of cheese, meats, and crudité. We felt so special and had such a wonderful time. If we didn’t have to get back for the cocktail hour, I would have loved to just keep riding along on the golf carts drinking champagne and having a great time. When we got back to the clubhouse, Ann was there every step of the way, making sure that everything was perfect. The maître d’ was also amazing, and he spent the entire night checking in on me and my husband, the bridal party, and our parents, making sure they had whatever they wanted/needed. He had the staff operating like a well-oiled machine, and everything was timed for our convenience. I can’t say enough about them. The clubhouse is absolutely beautiful, and the staff did an amazing job. Everyone kept telling me how good the food was, and everything we tasted was perfect. The food is restaurant-quality, and you do not feel like you are eating a mass-produced meal. I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at the Union League Golf Club at Torresdale. If you care about customer service and a high quality experience, they will not disappoint! I cannot thank Ann and her team enough.

Sent on 07/24/2016

• 140 S Broad St Philadelphia, PA, 19255 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (The Union League of Philadelphia)