Terrain at Styer’s

Up to 150 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$19k - $23k For 100 Guests
Up to 150 guests

Terrain at Styer's is located on the historic site of J. Franklin Styer's nursery, a Philadelphia landmark for over 100 years. Our restored barn provides a gorgeous backdrop for any wedding celebration, while our talented culinary team considers each client’s personal style to shape a one-of-a-kind menu.

An outdoor space with an ornate wedding temple is the centerpiece for many ceremonies, but indoor space is also available in case of rain. Our historic Garden Shed serves as the rustic setting for a reception while our Mushroom House serves as the private suite. Paired with our blooming nursery, these spaces create a gorgeous backdrop for your celebration of up to 110 people.

Deeply rooted in nature and plant life, terrain is inspired by the idea of merging house and garden to create an experience for all of the senses, to shape a life lived outside and in. Our gatherings reflect the cycle of the seasons and the bounty of the land, capturing the beauty of all things grown. At each of our locations, a picturesque, horticultural setting is paired with menus inspired by local growers and the seasonal harvest.

DESIGN BY TERRAIN

Design by terrain provides floral installations and botanical expertise with a creative perspective, personally tailored to your event. From bouquets and boutonnieres to living centerpieces, our designers offer customized floral and event styling for weddings and gatherings of all kinds.

CUISINE & HOSPITALITY

Our in-house culinary staff uses hand-selected ingredients of the highest quality to create celebratory menus inspired by farmers we know and trust.

From plated meals for formal occasions to family-style dining, our dishes showcase the season’s finest flavors. Our warm, professional event staff brings an effortless approach to hospitality, while beautifully styled table settings provide the finishing touch for a meal shared with family and friends.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Glassware
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Event Planner

Jessica L. Married on 04/30/2022

The PERFECT wedding venue

I truly cannot recommend Terrain at Styer's enough- My wedding was perfect because of the gorgeous property and staff. From linens and tableware to the soap used in the bathrooms, everything is hand selected to fit the aesthetic of this gorgeous, naturally rustic venue. Our guests LOVED the layout of the venue, and commented several times on how spacious it was while still feeling intimate. I also had real peace of mind knowing that if the weather had been bad the day of, I had a built in contingency plan. The food is a 10/10- Nothing like traditional wedding food. I'm still dreaming about the short rib and polenta and mini lobster rolls. We also enjoyed a lot of flexibility within our budget being able to bring our own alcohol. The cost of the venue was well worth it given everything that was included (i.e. tables/chairs, all glassware, bar mixers, card box, table numbers, runners, etc.). That being said, the BEST part of working with Terrain was our event manager Carla, and her manager Eileen. Carla handled everything, from fielding questions from my family members during the planning process, to making sure my bar signage and place cards were set up the day of. She kept our wedding party on task during our rehearsal and made sure my husband and I had moments throughout our wedding day to enjoy our own wedding, rather than getting swept up in all the excitement. After the ceremony, we were ushered back to the mushroom house where we had a whole tray of appetizers and our signature drink waiting for us to enjoy while we soaked in the first few minutes of being married. I essentially felt like I had built-in wedding planner while working with them. If you are considering working with Terrain, this review should be your sign to just do it. I almost wish I could get married again just to celebrate there once more :). Thank you, Carla and Terrain for such a perfect day!
    Linda Married on 03/05/2022

Gorgeous venue for a small-ish intimate wedding!

The terrain staff were amazing throughout the whole process! They were super patient and really helpful. I love that they use Honeybook as their main way of communication. They were really responsive. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. It's a very rustic vibe which was perfect for me and my fiancé. On the wedding day, the terrain staff were great. They helped coordinate everything and made me feel less anxious. However, there's a couple things I wanted to note. My wedding day menus said Sunday when it should have said Saturday. Also, a few of my guests said that they wish the staff passed around more hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour. I would recommend terrain to anyone looking for a smaller more intimate wedding. My guest count was about 85 and it was perfect. Overall, the food was great and the venue was gorgeous.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Sean & Kenlyn
    181 photos · 09/03/2017

914 Baltimore Pike Glen Mills, PA, 19342
610.459.6035
Location of (Terrain at Styer’s)

Other vendors in Philadelphia for your wedding

Wedding Venues