Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

6 Reviews for The Skybox Event Center & Banquet Hall

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
Valet (1)

Okay, so I realize that in the past, the Skybox has had some wonky reviews and experiences. I will admit, they scared me a little bit. But I fell so in love with the space, that I went for it anyway. We did have a similar experience to some other old reviewers with some weird changes in management, and I was freaked - for a second. When I got a hold of the new coordinator there, Angela, I was immediately reassured. ANGELA AND THE SKYBOX DID AN AMAZING JOB WITH OUR EVENT. I will repeat - our event was AWESOME. The Skybox is such a great deal because it comes with so many things, you only have to pay per head, and the food is honestly pretty good! We loved being able to have everything in the same space (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) while being able to change the scenery still. It is in the city, so there isn't a lot of parking and you'll have to pay for a valet, but the fact that you can pay per head for food/the venue AT THE SAME TIME (aka there's no "space" costs) is amazing. Angela is the best thing that ever happened to that place. She did an incredible job responding to me, helping me create my vision for my wedding day, and keeping everyone on top of what they needed to do (bartenders, decorators, etc). I can't say enough good things about her. The space looked gorgeous and everything ran really smoothly. They are turning it around for sure! Don't miss a chance to have your wedding or event in this incredible space. It's truly special!

Profile Picture Dana, 11/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Valet, Audio Equipment, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
4.1

1) Skybox was extremely accommodating with our menu selection and with last minute changes to the attendance/seating chart which we really appreciated. The guy who hung the lights was also very kind and accommodating. We really appreciated Kia, Nia and Martin's attentiveness the week of the wedding. The actual Skybox event center staff were actually all really great.
2) The event space can comfortably hold a large wedding size - we had just over 200 people. The event space can be very cost effective depending on the size of your wedding party , especially compared to other venues in the city limits. (if you reach 300 ppl it's no longer cost effective compared to our next option - Material Culture)
3) Unfortunately, the food was a little overcooked the day of the event. And it seemed like there was a little mix up/delay with getting the servers at the buffet, and delivering the vegetarian meals and children's meals - I haven't heard a single compliment from guests about the food, but everyone had a great time and said it was one of the best weddings they ever went to.
4) The bartenders were very kind but not skilled at making high end cocktails. They muddled maraschino cherries in an old fashioned resulting in pink old fashioneds... After a little coaching they got better.
5) The wait staff took everyone's drinks if they were left unattended even if they were completely full. Considering we were paying for the alcohol ourselves; this fact didn't sit well with us. Multiple people mentioned to us after the wedding that their full glasses of wine and mixed drinks were taken throughout the night. People had to make makeshift signs saying "Please don't take these" or put their name tags on top of the drinks to protect them from the wait staff. So, I would say, just make sure to have Skybox communicate to the day staffers not to take drinks unless they are empty or close to empty.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I forgot to post our photos in my review above (01/14/2017 weddin) - I'm giving 5 stars on this one so as not to lower their average rating since they're 4.X stars right now. Despite the small hiccups we really did have an excellent time and our guests LOVED our wedding.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 1/14/17, 1 Review