The MV Skansonia

205 NE Northlake Way Dock A, Seattle, WA 98105 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 31

About The MV Skansonia

The MV Skansonia is a historic ferry boat, and Seattle's premier waterfront venue. Built in 1929, and permanently docked on Lake Union, it features stunning, panoramic views of the Seattle Skyline. It's rich history gives it a truly unique charm, equipped with vintage nautical decor, strung edison bulbs, draped chiffon, and modern upgrades. The MV Skansonia is an all-inclusive venue providing award-winning catering, linens, china, flatware, set up and tear down, day of coordinator, tables, chairs, glassware, and more! In addition, we have an on-site florist and bakery.

Follow The MV Skansonia on
davidsarahwedding0106
bg ivory and champagne
bridal gown at entrance
The MV Skansonia
bride and groom cake eating
bride and groom on deck

The MV Skansonia 6
The MV Skansonia 7
  • Wesley

Wesley Nell · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding planning made so easy and stress-free

Love this venue and their staff! They are extremely easy to work with and very responsive. They seem to adapt well to however you and your partner treat wedding planning. We are not super into wedding planning so it was fantastic for us to have a one-stop shop for everything. I really appreciated their flexibility as well. We brought in all of our own alcohol and dessert and our dogs! And the venue, what is not to love? Views of the city, mountains, water, and Gas Park. I want to live on this boat. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat to friends and family.

Tiffany · Married on 07/22/2018

From our first tour of the venue to the last dance on our wedding night, the MV Skansonia met and exceeded all our expectations! The Skansonia provides the perfect backdrop! The inside and outside details of the boat are unique, very vintage and everything I dreamed of for our special day! The staff is so attentive and kind and made sure the focus was always on us and making the day perfect! The food was phenomenal, the flowers absolutely beautiful and the bakery brought my dessert vision to life! Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding and how perfect of a venue it was! My husband and I will forever reminisce about the best day of our lives in what we believe was the best location and venue to begin our forever together!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    The MV Skansonia 13
    The MV Skansonia 14
    The MV Skansonia 15

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for choosing the Skansonia to celebrate. Congratulations Tiffany & Joe!!!

The MV Skansonia FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 350.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 12.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? House Wine
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 50
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Boat/Yacht, Historic Building
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party, Elopements, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• Photography by Nicolette Wedding Photographers

I love this venue so much that I chose it for my own wedding! The view is fantastic and I liked the convenience of getting so many services under one roof. The staff are friendly and I enjoy going back to this venue for photography, videography & photo booth events!

• 205 NE Northlake Way, Dock A Seattle, WA 98105 See on map