50-250
Guest Capacity
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About The MV Skansonia

Quintessential Seattle venue with an unbeatable view

The MV Skansonia is a historic ferry boat, and Seattle's premier waterfront venue. Built in 1929, and permanently docked on Lake Union, it features stunning, panoramic views of the Seattle Skyline. It's rich history gives it a truly unique charm, equipped with vintage nautical decor, strung edison bulbs, draped chiffon, and modern upgrades. The MV Skansonia is an all-inclusive venue providing award-winning catering, linens, china, flatware, set up and tear down, day of coordinator, tables, chairs, glassware, and more!  In addition, we have an on-site florist and bakery.

Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
Open Bar (1)
Specialty Beer (1)

These people are PROS. The #1 thing I'm glad we did in the wedding process was decide to have our wedding here. They have their own caterer and bakery, so no running around to find more vendors, plus everything at the venue worked in perfect harmony. It was nice to just have one point person, Devon, who was amazing and thought of everything, down to what drink we wanted waiting for us after the ceremony!
As soon as I arrived on my wedding day, I asked like 3 questions, and then had to worry about NOTHING else the rest of the night. This was especially helpful when it came to keeping on schedule -- when it was time to do the dances, or start eating, or wrap up, I was gently prompted and things moved along like clockwork. We never felt rushed.
Devon was also our ceremony coordinator, and she ran the rehearsal and ceremony. It all went perfectly and was the loveliest moment of my life.
Quality wise, everything was exquisite. The food was AMAZING (the mushroom ravioli is to die for!) and the service at the bar was speedy and friendly. (We brought in our own alcohol and they served.) The space is just absolutely gorgeous on it's own (you don't have to do any decorating, which was a huge relief for me). It has an elegant vintage feel, and contains everything you could need. PLUS you have the incredible view! Most of our guests were from out of state and were absolutely blown away by it.
On the business end, they are very organized, the invoicing is clear and up-front. They worked with us adjusting, adding, changing the headcount, with no issues. They answered questions quickly and clearly.
I would recommend the Skansonia to anyone who will listen. I'm so happy we found it and booked it, the staff and the boat absolutely MADE our wedding.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mariel, 7/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Our experience with the Skansonia was far better than we could've hoped for and we can't recommend them more!! We absolutely enjoyed every step of the process of working with the team there. They communicated consistently with us (including over Skype since we were overseas) and took the stress out of the event by taking care of the millions of details involved with planning a large event like this. The event went seamlessly and we felt like the Skansonia team was part of our family! Our guests LOVED the venue and we did too. We were also highly impressed with the food - our guests and family commented on how impressed they were with the quality (rare for large events!). The Skansonia team truly enhanced our experience with their kindness, organization, and expertise and YES, exceeded our expectations. We cannot recommend them more highly!

View Vendor Response

Our Event Space

30 Photos

1 VIDEO

14 ENDORSEMENTS
I love this venue so much that I chose it for my own wedding! The view is fantastic and I liked the convenience of getting so many services under one roof. The staff are friendly and I enjoy going back to this venue for photography, videography & photo booth events!

Events