The MV Skansonia Reviews

The MV Skansonia 6
The MV Skansonia 7
  • Wesley

Wesley Nell · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding planning made so easy and stress-free

Love this venue and their staff! They are extremely easy to work with and very responsive. They seem to adapt well to however you and your partner treat wedding planning. We are not super into wedding planning so it was fantastic for us to have a one-stop shop for everything. I really appreciated their flexibility as well. We brought in all of our own alcohol and dessert and our dogs! And the venue, what is not to love? Views of the city, mountains, water, and Gas Park. I want to live on this boat. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat to friends and family.

Tiffany · Married on 07/22/2018

From our first tour of the venue to the last dance on our wedding night, the MV Skansonia met and exceeded all our expectations! The Skansonia provides the perfect backdrop! The inside and outside details of the boat are unique, very vintage and everything I dreamed of for our special day! The staff is so attentive and kind and made sure the focus was always on us and making the day perfect! The food was phenomenal, the flowers absolutely beautiful and the bakery brought my dessert vision to life! Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding and how perfect of a venue it was! My husband and I will forever reminisce about the best day of our lives in what we believe was the best location and venue to begin our forever together!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    The MV Skansonia 13
    The MV Skansonia 14
    The MV Skansonia 15

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for choosing the Skansonia to celebrate. Congratulations Tiffany & Joe!!!

Mariah · Married on 07/21/2018

Thank you SO much, Anita and Finni! Both of you are absolute superstars! We got married in Canada, and then we celebrated our wedding aboard the MV Skansonia in August of 2018 with a beautiful brunch, mimosa bar, and cake reception! We had about 80 guests, and the Skansonia was the best decision that we made for our Seattle wedding event! The entire process was filled with so much joy, and we had two outstanding people make the day flawless and fun! The venue itself is gorgeous and required very little extra decor, as it has some of the best views in Seattle and historic charm. The food was delicious! It was served fresh and piping hot! Our guests were raving about the venue and catering! We are so grateful to the staff at the Skansonia who worked tirelessly to make the day extra special! They even sent the sweetest card after our event. We feel so lucky to have found such a beautiful venue and to have worked with such incredible people! Thank you so much for making our dreams come true! - Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Sent on 10/02/2018

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Mariah!!!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 07/05/2018

The MV Skansonia is an amazing place to get married! The ferry is so unique that I fell in love!

I don’t think I could have imagined having my wedding at any other venue! Between the view, history, staff and food it was by far the most amazing venue I have ever seen! From the first time I saw the venue over, a year ago, the planning process couldn’t have gone better. The day of the wedding was just amazing. Finni was the most helpful ever and making sure the day ran close to on time and making sure everything ran smoothly. I personally didn’t add much decorations to the venue has I loved all the character that the ferry had from the years of history that it shared. All of our guests were just shocked how amazing the venue and staff was at the Skansonia. I’m so glad that I accidentally found this venue and got to experience the most amazing adventure I could have in my lifetime. Thank you to everyone and all the staff over this last year making it the most memorable wedding of a lifetime!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    The MV Skansonia 16
    The MV Skansonia 17
    The MV Skansonia 18

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you so much Tiffany!!!

Chany · Married on 06/23/2018

Best wedding venue in Seattle! We got married in June 2018 and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding. With Anita and Finni's help, we planned our wedding in just four months. We loved that it was all inclusive so we didn't have to waste time or worry about finding other vendors for food, dessert, flowers etc. That made the planning very efficient. So if you're a bride/groom that wants to keep the hassle of planning a wedding to a minimum, I'd recommend the Skansonia. Their staff is amazing. P.S. the food is delicious. Everyone loved the mushroom ravioli. I hope to be invited to a wedding there so I can have the food again :)

Andrew · Married on 06/22/2018

What an awesome place to have our wedding! The day was perfect and we couldn’t have felt more supported than we were with Finni and her team. She did a wonderful job, always willing to help and so patient throughout the whole process. She was extremely accommodating and so helpful throughout the whole day.

The venue was gorgeous and the food and dessert were excellent. We lucked out with beautiful weather and our guests, who were mostly from out of Seattle, couldn’t stop talking about the venue. I highly recommend this venue, and this staff, if you’re looking to get married.

Finni and team - thanks so much for helping make our special day perfect!

Daniel · Married on 03/25/2018

Amazing staff, value, and most importantly FOOD! Anita was very attentive through the entire planing process answering any questions and organizing every detail. The boat is a unique and breathtaking venue and the food is phenomenal. Because of their organization, the day went off with out a hitch (except for us, we got hitched).

The MV Skansonia 19
  • Q

Quinne · Married on 02/17/2018

The Skansonia was the perfect place to get married! From our first email to a post wedding thank you card, my husband and I were supported every step of the way by the wonderful event coordinators. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to make our dream weddin a reality!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you Quinne! We are so happy that!

Mariel · Married on 07/22/2017

These people are PROS. The #1 thing I'm glad we did in the wedding process was decide to have our wedding here. They have their own caterer and bakery, so no running around to find more vendors, plus everything at the venue worked in perfect harmony. It was nice to just have one point person, Devon, who was amazing and thought of everything, down to what drink we wanted waiting for us after the ceremony!
    As soon as I arrived on my wedding day, I asked like 3 questions, and then had to worry about NOTHING else the rest of the night. This was especially helpful when it came to keeping on schedule -- when it was time to do the dances, or start eating, or wrap up, I was gently prompted and things moved along like clockwork. We never felt rushed.
    Devon was also our ceremony coordinator, and she ran the rehearsal and ceremony. It all went perfectly and was the loveliest moment of my life.
    Quality wise, everything was exquisite. The food was AMAZING (the mushroom ravioli is to die for!) and the service at the bar was speedy and friendly. (We brought in our own alcohol and they served.) The space is just absolutely gorgeous on it's own (you don't have to do any decorating, which was a huge relief for me). It has an elegant vintage feel, and contains everything you could need. PLUS you have the incredible view! Most of our guests were from out of state and were absolutely blown away by it.
    On the business end, they are very organized, the invoicing is clear and up-front. They worked with us adjusting, adding, changing the headcount, with no issues. They answered questions quickly and clearly.
    I would recommend the Skansonia to anyone who will listen. I'm so happy we found it and booked it, the staff and the boat absolutely MADE our wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2017

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you so much for your exceptional review, Mariel! :)

Erica · Married on 06/23/2017

Our experience with the Skansonia was far better than we could've hoped for and we can't recommend them more!! We absolutely enjoyed every step of the process of working with the team there. They communicated consistently with us (including over Skype since we were overseas) and took the stress out of the event by taking care of the millions of details involved with planning a large event like this. The event went seamlessly and we felt like the Skansonia team was part of our family! Our guests LOVED the venue and we did too. We were also highly impressed with the food - our guests and family commented on how impressed they were with the quality (rare for large events!). The Skansonia team truly enhanced our experience with their kindness, organization, and expertise and YES, exceeded our expectations. We cannot recommend them more highly!

Sent on 07/29/2017

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Erica! We loved having you aboard for your beautiful big day & are so happy you had such a great experience. :)

Jackie · Married on 04/08/2017

The MV Skansonia is a wonderful place to get married. It is fairly affordable in the off season, and we loved that it is located in the city. The venue offers most of the services you need for your wedding; such as catering, item rentals, floral, baking, and beverage. The staff are extremely responsive and helpful. There is no need to use a wedding planner if you get married at the Skansonia, since they are able to take care of pretty much everything for you. The pricing is very straightforward and they offer you a detailed price quote before you commit. Our guests loved the venue and enjoyed themselves very much and we did too!

Sent on 09/09/2017

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you Jackie!!! We loved having you here. :) Hope you are doing wonderfully!

Mimi · Married on 02/04/2017

Wonderful place to have an event. The staff is great to work with and the food was delicious! The venue is unique and your guests will love it. The view of the Seattle skyline is amazing!

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

We fell in love with the charm of the ferry immediately! Our first trip to the Skansonia was on a rainy day in November and the space was cozy, warm and welcoming. Victoria and Vicki were always available to answer questions and to meet at the last minute. They truly made planning easy with in house catering from Lake Union Cafe (which the food was amazing - our guests raved!) as well as an in house florist and bakery. You don't need to go crazy on Pinterest either since the space is so unique and beautiful.

So here is where our story takes a bit of a twist. Our wedding fell on the same weekend as Seattle suffered through the remnants of Typhoon Songda. The winds that weekend were consistently 30 - 40 mph, with gusts up to 70 mph. We were informed on Friday that the boat might not be safe for everyone to board on Saturday due to predictions of even worse weather the next day. Gulp. So we slept on it to see what the weather would do and the next morning it looked just as bad. We decided with Victoria not to hold the wedding on the boat since we might lose power or have to evacuate if the weather made the boat unsafe. I say all of this not to scare anyone away from the venue. This was one of the fist times they ever had to move an event. So this is not common, at all. But what Victoria did do is move our wedding over to Hotel Deca and busted her ass to pull off a pretty fantastic wedding. So if you want a venue that can handle unexpected problems. . . which will happen. . . this is your place and Victoria is your woman!

After all of that we had the most amazing event. Everything went off without a hitch. Other than lots of nautical themed koozies, our guests would have never known we hadn't planned it to be at the new venue. Thank you Victoria, we were sad not to get married on the boat, but couldn't of had a better backup wedding without your help. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place to celebrate!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2016

What a beautiful venue and what an extremely helpful and knowledgeable staff. Getting married with the skyline in the background made for a magical experience our guests will never forget and neither will we. The staff answered all our questions and made us feel comfortable and relaxed on the day. Vicki and Victoria were amazing and we are so grateful for everything they did for us!

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2016

I only have good things to say about the MV Skansonia and its staff. Our ceremony happened to be during sunset and was amazing. And the entire event was executed flawlessly.

Kelli · Married on 06/18/2016

The crew of the Skansonia could not have made our wedding day any better! They were very patient and accommodating with adding extra time and making desserts that weren't on their usual menu.

Marjan · Married on 04/29/2016

The venue is gorgeous - so unique and so Seattle. To top it off, Vicki, Mikaela and Victoria are amazing. So kind, calm and extremely helpful. They executed our wedding day flawlessly. The food and dessert provided by LUC was incredible - our guests couldn't get enough! We wish we could go back!

Kelsey · Married on 11/07/2015

I cannot recommend the Skansonia highly enough! We got married on 11/7, which turned out to be a cold and rainy evening. We had our ceremony and reception inside, and it was so cozy and beautiful! The wood floors, bulb lights, and many LED candles made it super romantic and lovely.

The Skansonia staff, particularly Mikaela, were so helpful before, during and after the event. It was never a problem to stop by during tour hours to take another look at the layout or ask a question, and they were super responsive via email as well. We were able to store decorations at the venue in advance of the wedding, which was super helpful in minimizing last minute to-dos. On the day of the wedding Mikaela made sure everything ran smoothly, from starting to set up our decorations before we arrived to orienting the person running the music (we used their sound system instead of a DJ and it worked out great!).

If you're looking for a venue with a beautiful water/skyline view and lots of historic charm, this is it!

Sent on 12/01/2015

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Thank you Kelsey for nice review. It really means a lot to hear everything you had to say. I hope that married life is treating you well! With two sweet people like you and Chris I am sure it though.

Amber · Married on 10/09/2015

We got married on the Skansonia on 10/9 and had a great wedding! The venue is absolutely gorgeous! The food and cake were delicious! Vicki and her team were amazing and helped make our day seamless. Strongly recommend this venue for your wedding or special event!

Amber · Married on 10/09/2015

We had our wedding at the Skansonia in October of 2015. I highly recommend the Skansonia for anyone looking for a great venue in Seattle. It is not only unique and has a great view of the city but the staff was amazing and we had a great time. The staff was professional, helpful, and extremely prompt in their communication. Having Vicki as our day of wedding coordinator made the day go seamless and I didn't have to worry about a thing. We had their sister company, Lake Union Cafe, cater and provide the cake & flowers, all of which were absolutely amazing. Skansonia took care of so many of the little details in house so we didn't have to go out on our own and piece it together. Thanks for making our day amazing Skansonia!

Sent on 02/17/2016

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Hi Amber! I am so glad we could help create a memorable day for you both! You both were so amazing to work with. Best wishes and endless smiles on your new journey together! CONGRATS!!!!!! -Vicki

Lisa · Married on 07/24/2015

My husband and I were married on the Skansonia on July 24, and cannot recommend the Skansonia highly enough! We had a wonderful time, and are still hearing from guests how much they loved the venue and the food!

The Skansonia was recommended to us by a friend whose sister had been married there a few years ago. We were able to see the boat the next day at an open house, and were immediately in love with the ambiance and atmosphere on the Skansonia. I mean, how much more "Seattle" does it get than a retired ferry boat on Lake Union, overlooking the Seattle skyline?

We loved the fact that the Skansonia team works closely with a bakery, florist, and caterer, and while we could have used our own vendors, why re-invent the wheel when you have such an excellent team already on board (no pun intended)? I'm always someone who wants a "Plan B," and I loved the fact that they could move everything for the ceremony inside within 15 minutes in case the weather didn't hold out. We had rain on the morning of our wedding, and with a quick email to Vicki on the Skansonia, she reassured me right away that we could make a game time decision to move things inside. It turns out we didn't need to, but it made the day much more relaxing to know we wouldn't be rained out!

Vicki and Mikayla were incredibly responsive to all of our emails, and never made it seem as though I was pestering them with questions (I really, really tried not to be a Bridezilla!). On the day of the wedding, Vicki was SO calm and reassuring, I was able to hand everything over to her and just enjoy the day! I never felt like I had to worry about anything - Vicki and Mikayla had it all taken care of. All we had to do was show up and have a wonderful time, which we did!

As I mentioned earlier, guests have been coming up to me for weeks, telling me what a fun time they had, how great the venue was, and how much they loved the food (including the cupcakes)!

andrea · Married on 06/27/2015

The people at the Skansonia are wonderful to work with, and the reception was perfect! I am so happy we went with them! They catered with delicious food, they set up tables/chairs/tablecloths, they set up the mic, and they worked hard to make sure the reception went smoothly. They also let us do a practice rehearsal two days before, and drop off our own beverages ahead of time. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and perfect for a Seattle wedding. I highly recommend the Skansonia!

Had an incredible experience on the skansonia. VERY affordable and provided guests with an authentic Seattle experience. The staff was very helpful, professional, and easy to work with. The day-of went off incredibly smoothly and everyone loved it!

Sent on 04/05/2015

The MV Skansonia's reply:

I had such a wonderful time helping create such special memories for the bride and groom! Thank you for allowing Skansonia to be apart of that special day! -Vicki

Kathleen · Married on 03/15/2015

The Skansonia was a beautiful venue! It was raining - a downpour really - on my daughter's wedding day, but the Skansonia was warm and cozy. Not stuffy and humid at all, which was my greatest fear. Everyone involved was very professional - friendly - and accommodating. We have awesome pictures and awesome memories from our special day on the Skansonia. Thank you!

Sent on 03/20/2015

The MV Skansonia's reply:

Kathleen, Thank you so much for allowing us to help your daughter create such special memories on her special day. She was so beautiful. We are sending many wishes of endless smiles to the new bride and groom! :) -Vicki