75 Reviews for The MV Skansonia

Champagne Toast (1)
House Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
75 The MV Skansonia Reviews

The MV Skansonia is an amazing place to get married! The ferry is so unique that I fell in love!

I don’t think I could have imagined having my wedding at any other venue! Between the view, history, staff and food it was by far the most amazing venue I have ever seen! From the first time I saw the venue over, a year ago, the planning process couldn’t have gone better. The day of the wedding was just amazing. Finni was the most helpful ever and making sure the day ran close to on time and making sure everything ran smoothly. I personally didn’t add much decorations to the venue has I loved all the character that the ferry had from the years of history that it shared. All of our guests were just shocked how amazing the venue and staff was at the Skansonia. I’m so glad that I accidentally found this venue and got to experience the most amazing adventure I could have in my lifetime. Thank you to everyone and all the staff over this last year making it the most memorable wedding of a lifetime!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Uncovered Outdoor

Best wedding venue in Seattle! We got married in June 2018 and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding. With Anita and Finni's help, we planned our wedding in just four months. We loved that it was all inclusive so we didn't have to waste time or worry about finding other vendors for food, dessert, flowers etc. That made the planning very efficient. So if you're a bride/groom that wants to keep the hassle of planning a wedding to a minimum, I'd recommend the Skansonia. Their staff is amazing. P.S. the food is delicious. Everyone loved the mushroom ravioli. I hope to be invited to a wedding there so I can have the food again :)

Profile Picture Chany, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an awesome place to have our wedding! The day was perfect and we couldn’t have felt more supported than we were with Finni and her team. She did a wonderful job, always willing to help and so patient throughout the whole process. She was extremely accommodating and so helpful throughout the whole day.

The venue was gorgeous and the food and dessert were excellent. We lucked out with beautiful weather and our guests, who were mostly from out of Seattle, couldn’t stop talking about the venue. I highly recommend this venue, and this staff, if you’re looking to get married.

Finni and team - thanks so much for helping make our special day perfect!

Profile Picture Andrew, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Amazing staff, value, and most importantly FOOD! Anita was very attentive through the entire planing process answering any questions and organizing every detail. The boat is a unique and breathtaking venue and the food is phenomenal. Because of their organization, the day went off with out a hitch (except for us, we got hitched).

Profile Picture Daniel, 3/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Skansonia was the perfect place to get married! From our first email to a post wedding thank you card, my husband and I were supported every step of the way by the wonderful event coordinators. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to make our dream weddin a reality!!

Profile Picture Quinne, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

These people are PROS. The #1 thing I'm glad we did in the wedding process was decide to have our wedding here. They have their own caterer and bakery, so no running around to find more vendors, plus everything at the venue worked in perfect harmony. It was nice to just have one point person, Devon, who was amazing and thought of everything, down to what drink we wanted waiting for us after the ceremony!
As soon as I arrived on my wedding day, I asked like 3 questions, and then had to worry about NOTHING else the rest of the night. This was especially helpful when it came to keeping on schedule -- when it was time to do the dances, or start eating, or wrap up, I was gently prompted and things moved along like clockwork. We never felt rushed.
Devon was also our ceremony coordinator, and she ran the rehearsal and ceremony. It all went perfectly and was the loveliest moment of my life.
Quality wise, everything was exquisite. The food was AMAZING (the mushroom ravioli is to die for!) and the service at the bar was speedy and friendly. (We brought in our own alcohol and they served.) The space is just absolutely gorgeous on it's own (you don't have to do any decorating, which was a huge relief for me). It has an elegant vintage feel, and contains everything you could need. PLUS you have the incredible view! Most of our guests were from out of state and were absolutely blown away by it.
On the business end, they are very organized, the invoicing is clear and up-front. They worked with us adjusting, adding, changing the headcount, with no issues. They answered questions quickly and clearly.
I would recommend the Skansonia to anyone who will listen. I'm so happy we found it and booked it, the staff and the boat absolutely MADE our wedding.

Profile Picture Mariel, 7/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Our experience with the Skansonia was far better than we could've hoped for and we can't recommend them more!! We absolutely enjoyed every step of the process of working with the team there. They communicated consistently with us (including over Skype since we were overseas) and took the stress out of the event by taking care of the millions of details involved with planning a large event like this. The event went seamlessly and we felt like the Skansonia team was part of our family! Our guests LOVED the venue and we did too. We were also highly impressed with the food - our guests and family commented on how impressed they were with the quality (rare for large events!). The Skansonia team truly enhanced our experience with their kindness, organization, and expertise and YES, exceeded our expectations. We cannot recommend them more highly!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I absolutely loved the venue. It has a gorgeous view of the Seattle City Skyline, but even better than that, is the day of coordinator. Vicki was very helpful in taking over the day. She kept the party on track! Furthermore, it is basically an "all in one" venue. Decorations, food (which was absolutely delicious!), silverware etc. can be provided. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Sherry, 6/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The MV Skansonia is a wonderful place to get married. It is fairly affordable in the off season, and we loved that it is located in the city. The venue offers most of the services you need for your wedding; such as catering, item rentals, floral, baking, and beverage. The staff are extremely responsive and helpful. There is no need to use a wedding planner if you get married at the Skansonia, since they are able to take care of pretty much everything for you. The pricing is very straightforward and they offer you a detailed price quote before you commit. Our guests loved the venue and enjoyed themselves very much and we did too!

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Wonderful place to have an event. The staff is great to work with and the food was delicious! The venue is unique and your guests will love it. The view of the Seattle skyline is amazing!

Profile Picture User7823132, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We fell in love with the charm of the ferry immediately! Our first trip to the Skansonia was on a rainy day in November and the space was cozy, warm and welcoming. Victoria and Vicki were always available to answer questions and to meet at the last minute. They truly made planning easy with in house catering from Lake Union Cafe (which the food was amazing - our guests raved!) as well as an in house florist and bakery. You don't need to go crazy on Pinterest either since the space is so unique and beautiful.

So here is where our story takes a bit of a twist. Our wedding fell on the same weekend as Seattle suffered through the remnants of Typhoon Songda. The winds that weekend were consistently 30 - 40 mph, with gusts up to 70 mph. We were informed on Friday that the boat might not be safe for everyone to board on Saturday due to predictions of even worse weather the next day. Gulp. So we slept on it to see what the weather would do and the next morning it looked just as bad. We decided with Victoria not to hold the wedding on the boat since we might lose power or have to evacuate if the weather made the boat unsafe. I say all of this not to scare anyone away from the venue. This was one of the fist times they ever had to move an event. So this is not common, at all. But what Victoria did do is move our wedding over to Hotel Deca and busted her ass to pull off a pretty fantastic wedding. So if you want a venue that can handle unexpected problems. . . which will happen. . . this is your place and Victoria is your woman!

After all of that we had the most amazing event. Everything went off without a hitch. Other than lots of nautical themed koozies, our guests would have never known we hadn't planned it to be at the new venue. Thank you Victoria, we were sad not to get married on the boat, but couldn't of had a better backup wedding without your help. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place to celebrate!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a beautiful venue and what an extremely helpful and knowledgeable staff. Getting married with the skyline in the background made for a magical experience our guests will never forget and neither will we. The staff answered all our questions and made us feel comfortable and relaxed on the day. Vicki and Victoria were amazing and we are so grateful for everything they did for us!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I only have good things to say about the MV Skansonia and its staff. Our ceremony happened to be during sunset and was amazing. And the entire event was executed flawlessly.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
3.8

I would really love to give Skansonia 5/5. It is a beautiful venue and a great value overall! The way it is packaged with the catering, ceremony space, reception space, wedding cake/dessert options, and flower options, as well as a day of coordinator, is very organized and helpful for your wedding! The only reason I did not give 5/5 was that our day of coordinator had an emergency and could not be there for our wedding (we of course understand this!). The person who stepped in for her did not seem to have much experience with coordinating the ceremony and such (like how to have the attendants and children walk in and out and cueing the music) during the ceremony rehearsal. Victoria stepped in to support the day of the wedding with Makayla. Victoria was extremely helpful and really helped put my mind at ease and even created a new fake flower head for us when ours ended up going missing somehow. She really helped save our wedding day and we were so glad to have her there! We were slightly bummed that during our ceremony the dj was not cued at the right time and the ceremony music didn't start on time or loud enough. The music cueing and time and noise level did seem to be a problem during the ceremony. The dj had been instructed to wait for a cue to start the music and apparently didn't get the cues in time from the coordinator, but it is hard to know where the communication break down came in, at any rate this did not ruin our wedding:) the other rather unfortunate thing that took place was our cake topper falling off of a cake and shattering :(, but again this did not ruin our day. We loved our venue and the scenery was breathtaking! The weather held for us and the night air was perfect, warm but with a nice light breeze. The skyline looked amazing and our pictures are so perfect! Everyone loved the night and the food and drink service was right on point!
I would recommend the Skansonia to other brides, we just loved it's old world charm.

Profile Picture Melanie, 7/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The crew of the Skansonia could not have made our wedding day any better! They were very patient and accommodating with adding extra time and making desserts that weren't on their usual menu.

Profile Picture Kelli, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer

The venue is gorgeous - so unique and so Seattle. To top it off, Vicki, Mikaela and Victoria are amazing. So kind, calm and extremely helpful. They executed our wedding day flawlessly. The food and dessert provided by LUC was incredible - our guests couldn't get enough! We wish we could go back!

Profile Picture Marjan, 4/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was absolutely the perfect venue for us! With many friends and family traveling for our wedding (more than half traveled from out of state!), what better way to show off our beautiful city than to be on a ferry w/ a view of the Space Needle across Lake Union? Aside from the perfect setting, everything else was spot on. The food was delicious! I would pick something and say "you must have _________", but there isn't just one thing! You can't go wrong w/ the menu. The space is well laid out to allow guests to move about easily, find a quiet spot, or even escape outside. The onsite staff were wonderful during the event. Perfectly kind and helpful all evening. Looking back, there is not a thing we would change and given the chance, we would do it all over again!

Profile Picture Diana, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot recommend the Skansonia highly enough! We got married on 11/7, which turned out to be a cold and rainy evening. We had our ceremony and reception inside, and it was so cozy and beautiful! The wood floors, bulb lights, and many LED candles made it super romantic and lovely.

The Skansonia staff, particularly Mikaela, were so helpful before, during and after the event. It was never a problem to stop by during tour hours to take another look at the layout or ask a question, and they were super responsive via email as well. We were able to store decorations at the venue in advance of the wedding, which was super helpful in minimizing last minute to-dos. On the day of the wedding Mikaela made sure everything ran smoothly, from starting to set up our decorations before we arrived to orienting the person running the music (we used their sound system instead of a DJ and it worked out great!).

If you're looking for a venue with a beautiful water/skyline view and lots of historic charm, this is it!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

We got married on the Skansonia on 10/9 and had a great wedding! The venue is absolutely gorgeous! The food and cake were delicious! Vicki and her team were amazing and helped make our day seamless. Strongly recommend this venue for your wedding or special event!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

We had our wedding at the Skansonia in October of 2015. I highly recommend the Skansonia for anyone looking for a great venue in Seattle. It is not only unique and has a great view of the city but the staff was amazing and we had a great time. The staff was professional, helpful, and extremely prompt in their communication. Having Vicki as our day of wedding coordinator made the day go seamless and I didn't have to worry about a thing. We had their sister company, Lake Union Cafe, cater and provide the cake & flowers, all of which were absolutely amazing. Skansonia took care of so many of the little details in house so we didn't have to go out on our own and piece it together. Thanks for making our day amazing Skansonia!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

My husband and I were married on the Skansonia on July 24, and cannot recommend the Skansonia highly enough! We had a wonderful time, and are still hearing from guests how much they loved the venue and the food!

The Skansonia was recommended to us by a friend whose sister had been married there a few years ago. We were able to see the boat the next day at an open house, and were immediately in love with the ambiance and atmosphere on the Skansonia. I mean, how much more "Seattle" does it get than a retired ferry boat on Lake Union, overlooking the Seattle skyline?

We loved the fact that the Skansonia team works closely with a bakery, florist, and caterer, and while we could have used our own vendors, why re-invent the wheel when you have such an excellent team already on board (no pun intended)? I'm always someone who wants a "Plan B," and I loved the fact that they could move everything for the ceremony inside within 15 minutes in case the weather didn't hold out. We had rain on the morning of our wedding, and with a quick email to Vicki on the Skansonia, she reassured me right away that we could make a game time decision to move things inside. It turns out we didn't need to, but it made the day much more relaxing to know we wouldn't be rained out!

Vicki and Mikayla were incredibly responsive to all of our emails, and never made it seem as though I was pestering them with questions (I really, really tried not to be a Bridezilla!). On the day of the wedding, Vicki was SO calm and reassuring, I was able to hand everything over to her and just enjoy the day! I never felt like I had to worry about anything - Vicki and Mikayla had it all taken care of. All we had to do was show up and have a wonderful time, which we did!

As I mentioned earlier, guests have been coming up to me for weeks, telling me what a fun time they had, how great the venue was, and how much they loved the food (including the cupcakes)!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so happy with the Skansonia. We booked 18 months in advance to secure our Fourth of July date and the staff was kind enough to offer us the current year pricing. If you are booking this venue, book well ahead to get the best pricing.
When our big day drew closer, I was impressed with the tasting and planning process. Mikaela and Victoria were so helpful and accommodating and took the time to listen to us and really made everything work so well. On the day of, everything went off perfectly and I couldn't be happier. I wish they accepted credit cards. Our guests have told us many times since that the Skansonia was one of the best wedding venues they had been to.

Profile Picture Nicki, 7/4/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

The people at the Skansonia are wonderful to work with, and the reception was perfect! I am so happy we went with them! They catered with delicious food, they set up tables/chairs/tablecloths, they set up the mic, and they worked hard to make sure the reception went smoothly. They also let us do a practice rehearsal two days before, and drop off our own beverages ahead of time. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and perfect for a Seattle wedding. I highly recommend the Skansonia!

Profile Picture andrea, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had an incredible experience on the skansonia. VERY affordable and provided guests with an authentic Seattle experience. The staff was very helpful, professional, and easy to work with. The day-of went off incredibly smoothly and everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Elise, 3/21/15, 4 Reviews