71 Reviews for The MV Skansonia

House Wine (1)
Open Bar (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
71 The MV Skansonia Reviews

Amazing staff, value, and most importantly FOOD! Anita was very attentive through the entire planing process answering any questions and organizing every detail. The boat is a unique and breathtaking venue and the food is phenomenal. Because of their organization, the day went off with out a hitch (except for us, we got hitched).

Profile Picture Daniel, 3/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

These people are PROS. The #1 thing I'm glad we did in the wedding process was decide to have our wedding here. They have their own caterer and bakery, so no running around to find more vendors, plus everything at the venue worked in perfect harmony. It was nice to just have one point person, Devon, who was amazing and thought of everything, down to what drink we wanted waiting for us after the ceremony!
As soon as I arrived on my wedding day, I asked like 3 questions, and then had to worry about NOTHING else the rest of the night. This was especially helpful when it came to keeping on schedule -- when it was time to do the dances, or start eating, or wrap up, I was gently prompted and things moved along like clockwork. We never felt rushed.
Devon was also our ceremony coordinator, and she ran the rehearsal and ceremony. It all went perfectly and was the loveliest moment of my life.
Quality wise, everything was exquisite. The food was AMAZING (the mushroom ravioli is to die for!) and the service at the bar was speedy and friendly. (We brought in our own alcohol and they served.) The space is just absolutely gorgeous on it's own (you don't have to do any decorating, which was a huge relief for me). It has an elegant vintage feel, and contains everything you could need. PLUS you have the incredible view! Most of our guests were from out of state and were absolutely blown away by it.
On the business end, they are very organized, the invoicing is clear and up-front. They worked with us adjusting, adding, changing the headcount, with no issues. They answered questions quickly and clearly.
I would recommend the Skansonia to anyone who will listen. I'm so happy we found it and booked it, the staff and the boat absolutely MADE our wedding.

Profile Picture Mariel, 7/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Our experience with the Skansonia was far better than we could've hoped for and we can't recommend them more!! We absolutely enjoyed every step of the process of working with the team there. They communicated consistently with us (including over Skype since we were overseas) and took the stress out of the event by taking care of the millions of details involved with planning a large event like this. The event went seamlessly and we felt like the Skansonia team was part of our family! Our guests LOVED the venue and we did too. We were also highly impressed with the food - our guests and family commented on how impressed they were with the quality (rare for large events!). The Skansonia team truly enhanced our experience with their kindness, organization, and expertise and YES, exceeded our expectations. We cannot recommend them more highly!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The MV Skansonia is a wonderful place to get married. It is fairly affordable in the off season, and we loved that it is located in the city. The venue offers most of the services you need for your wedding; such as catering, item rentals, floral, baking, and beverage. The staff are extremely responsive and helpful. There is no need to use a wedding planner if you get married at the Skansonia, since they are able to take care of pretty much everything for you. The pricing is very straightforward and they offer you a detailed price quote before you commit. Our guests loved the venue and enjoyed themselves very much and we did too!

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Wonderful place to have an event. The staff is great to work with and the food was delicious! The venue is unique and your guests will love it. The view of the Seattle skyline is amazing!

Profile Picture User7823132, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We fell in love with the charm of the ferry immediately! Our first trip to the Skansonia was on a rainy day in November and the space was cozy, warm and welcoming. Victoria and Vicki were always available to answer questions and to meet at the last minute. They truly made planning easy with in house catering from Lake Union Cafe (which the food was amazing - our guests raved!) as well as an in house florist and bakery. You don't need to go crazy on Pinterest either since the space is so unique and beautiful.

So here is where our story takes a bit of a twist. Our wedding fell on the same weekend as Seattle suffered through the remnants of Typhoon Songda. The winds that weekend were consistently 30 - 40 mph, with gusts up to 70 mph. We were informed on Friday that the boat might not be safe for everyone to board on Saturday due to predictions of even worse weather the next day. Gulp. So we slept on it to see what the weather would do and the next morning it looked just as bad. We decided with Victoria not to hold the wedding on the boat since we might lose power or have to evacuate if the weather made the boat unsafe. I say all of this not to scare anyone away from the venue. This was one of the fist times they ever had to move an event. So this is not common, at all. But what Victoria did do is move our wedding over to Hotel Deca and busted her ass to pull off a pretty fantastic wedding. So if you want a venue that can handle unexpected problems. . . which will happen. . . this is your place and Victoria is your woman!

After all of that we had the most amazing event. Everything went off without a hitch. Other than lots of nautical themed koozies, our guests would have never known we hadn't planned it to be at the new venue. Thank you Victoria, we were sad not to get married on the boat, but couldn't of had a better backup wedding without your help. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place to celebrate!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a beautiful venue and what an extremely helpful and knowledgeable staff. Getting married with the skyline in the background made for a magical experience our guests will never forget and neither will we. The staff answered all our questions and made us feel comfortable and relaxed on the day. Vicki and Victoria were amazing and we are so grateful for everything they did for us!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I only have good things to say about the MV Skansonia and its staff. Our ceremony happened to be during sunset and was amazing. And the entire event was executed flawlessly.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The crew of the Skansonia could not have made our wedding day any better! They were very patient and accommodating with adding extra time and making desserts that weren't on their usual menu.

Profile Picture Kelli, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer

The venue is gorgeous - so unique and so Seattle. To top it off, Vicki, Mikaela and Victoria are amazing. So kind, calm and extremely helpful. They executed our wedding day flawlessly. The food and dessert provided by LUC was incredible - our guests couldn't get enough! We wish we could go back!

Profile Picture Marjan, 4/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot recommend the Skansonia highly enough! We got married on 11/7, which turned out to be a cold and rainy evening. We had our ceremony and reception inside, and it was so cozy and beautiful! The wood floors, bulb lights, and many LED candles made it super romantic and lovely.

The Skansonia staff, particularly Mikaela, were so helpful before, during and after the event. It was never a problem to stop by during tour hours to take another look at the layout or ask a question, and they were super responsive via email as well. We were able to store decorations at the venue in advance of the wedding, which was super helpful in minimizing last minute to-dos. On the day of the wedding Mikaela made sure everything ran smoothly, from starting to set up our decorations before we arrived to orienting the person running the music (we used their sound system instead of a DJ and it worked out great!).

If you're looking for a venue with a beautiful water/skyline view and lots of historic charm, this is it!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

We got married on the Skansonia on 10/9 and had a great wedding! The venue is absolutely gorgeous! The food and cake were delicious! Vicki and her team were amazing and helped make our day seamless. Strongly recommend this venue for your wedding or special event!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

We had our wedding at the Skansonia in October of 2015. I highly recommend the Skansonia for anyone looking for a great venue in Seattle. It is not only unique and has a great view of the city but the staff was amazing and we had a great time. The staff was professional, helpful, and extremely prompt in their communication. Having Vicki as our day of wedding coordinator made the day go seamless and I didn't have to worry about a thing. We had their sister company, Lake Union Cafe, cater and provide the cake & flowers, all of which were absolutely amazing. Skansonia took care of so many of the little details in house so we didn't have to go out on our own and piece it together. Thanks for making our day amazing Skansonia!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

My husband and I were married on the Skansonia on July 24, and cannot recommend the Skansonia highly enough! We had a wonderful time, and are still hearing from guests how much they loved the venue and the food!

The Skansonia was recommended to us by a friend whose sister had been married there a few years ago. We were able to see the boat the next day at an open house, and were immediately in love with the ambiance and atmosphere on the Skansonia. I mean, how much more "Seattle" does it get than a retired ferry boat on Lake Union, overlooking the Seattle skyline?

We loved the fact that the Skansonia team works closely with a bakery, florist, and caterer, and while we could have used our own vendors, why re-invent the wheel when you have such an excellent team already on board (no pun intended)? I'm always someone who wants a "Plan B," and I loved the fact that they could move everything for the ceremony inside within 15 minutes in case the weather didn't hold out. We had rain on the morning of our wedding, and with a quick email to Vicki on the Skansonia, she reassured me right away that we could make a game time decision to move things inside. It turns out we didn't need to, but it made the day much more relaxing to know we wouldn't be rained out!

Vicki and Mikayla were incredibly responsive to all of our emails, and never made it seem as though I was pestering them with questions (I really, really tried not to be a Bridezilla!). On the day of the wedding, Vicki was SO calm and reassuring, I was able to hand everything over to her and just enjoy the day! I never felt like I had to worry about anything - Vicki and Mikayla had it all taken care of. All we had to do was show up and have a wonderful time, which we did!

As I mentioned earlier, guests have been coming up to me for weeks, telling me what a fun time they had, how great the venue was, and how much they loved the food (including the cupcakes)!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The people at the Skansonia are wonderful to work with, and the reception was perfect! I am so happy we went with them! They catered with delicious food, they set up tables/chairs/tablecloths, they set up the mic, and they worked hard to make sure the reception went smoothly. They also let us do a practice rehearsal two days before, and drop off our own beverages ahead of time. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and perfect for a Seattle wedding. I highly recommend the Skansonia!

Profile Picture andrea, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had an incredible experience on the skansonia. VERY affordable and provided guests with an authentic Seattle experience. The staff was very helpful, professional, and easy to work with. The day-of went off incredibly smoothly and everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Elise, 3/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Skansonia was a beautiful venue! It was raining - a downpour really - on my daughter's wedding day, but the Skansonia was warm and cozy. Not stuffy and humid at all, which was my greatest fear. Everyone involved was very professional - friendly - and accommodating. We have awesome pictures and awesome memories from our special day on the Skansonia. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 3/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The MV Skansonia team is amazing! The venue is outstanding, not only in historical value, but location location location. What's more NW than a ferry boat?!

Jen and Kristen walked my husband and I through the whole process and our wedding went perfectly. When we worked with the Skansonia team, we felt like their top priority and they were clearly focused on our needs.

Make sure to take time to check out the venue, if you're looking for views of Seattle and a waterfront wedding this is the place! You won't be disappointed! (oh ya, and it is affordable!)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Worth every penny! For a flawless event with a professional staff this is where you should be married. Rain or shine, both of which happened on my wedding day, you couldn't go wrong with this timeless Seattle venue location.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Excellent Affordable Venue and Team!
Food was amazing, everyone raved about the butternut squash raviolis afterwards. The mini cheesecake bar was delicious.
The team was excellent to work with, responsive with any questions we had, willing to work with us to make our day special and memorable. The day of we didn't have to worry about one thing. James was our coordinator that day and really went above and beyond.
The whole ambiance of the venue is so romantic and unique. I fell in love the minute we stepped foot on it to see it. I recommend stopping by to check it out.

Profile Picture Allison, 11/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Skansonia was the perfect place to have our wedding. Their prices were reasonable compared to other waterfront venues we looked at. They were also very friendly and available for meetings to discuss details. They made all of the arrangements for cake, food, and wine tastings since we worked with them and their partner Lake Union Cafe and Bakery for the catering and cake. They also have a pretty good partnership with downtown spirits where they will deliver your alcohol for free and you get buying in bulk discounts with no cork fees with the Skansonia bartender. The day of coordinator is also part of the package and they make sure everything goes smoothly with the DJ, alcohol service, floral, and food. I didn't have to think about much on my wedding day other than saying the right words at the ceremony and having a good time. The Skansonia made the whole process seamless and wonderful.

Profile Picture Kala, 9/13/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

For our wedding we researched a few places around Seattle and the Skansonia was by far the most beautiful and romantic. At first we thought we cannot afford it, but once we run the numbers in Excel it was much cheaper than all the other places combined so we went for it.
Jen was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing! Actually that would be an understatement. She was extremely professional and she went way beyond to make sure everything was very good and exactly the way we planned it.
We would say, if it wasn't for Jen maybe we wouldn't have chosen this place. She made the whole difference in having the wedding exactly how we imagined it. We highly recommend her if you want your wedding to be a positive and enjoyable experience and most of all, stress free!!!
We loved the food and the vintage feel of the boat. Our guests from out of state and out of the country, enjoyed the beautiful view of Seattle and South Lake Union.
All in all the pictures were great, the day was gorgeous and sunny and the boat is extremely romantic.

Profile Picture User3583552, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved having my wedding at the Skansonia!!!! They made it so easy and beautiful. There were so many places to take pictures, hang out and celebrate. The food was phenomenal, the service was amazing and the setting was oh-so romantic and pretty. I highly recommend The Skansonia if you want a stunning, worry free wedding on Lake Union!

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding and reception at Skansonia this past summer. It's hard for me to put into words just how much we loved our experience! To start with, the view is amazing (it's hard to beat being right on Lake Union with a view of downtown) and the venue itself is beautiful with so much character. The food is excellent, we still have guests talking about how much they enjoyed the food at our wedding. Also, you can bring your own alcohol with no corkage fee (this is a great deal for a wedding reception in Seattle). The whole process from initial planning to the day of our wedding was completely stress free thanks to Jen, Kristine and the rest of the staff at Skansonia! I highly recommend Skansonia, on top of being everything that we wanted and more, it was a great value! I just wish we were having a party there again this summer! :)

Profile Picture Alison , 7/18/14, 1 Review