The Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio, LLC

Laurel, MD View map Visit website

As far back as I can remember my fingers have itched to make things. So, I do!!

I’ve dabbled in all sorts of arts and crafts, acquiring skills and mastering

techniques along the way, but my first, longest and most enduring love is sewing/designing.

My grandmother put the first threaded needle in my hands when I was about seven years old and taught me some simple embroidery stitches. Since them I have wanted to gobble up anything and everything to do with fabric and fashion.

And now you, my dear Bride, will be the beneficiary of all this experience and creativity and skill to create your dream gown, redesign or restore a precious heirloom or perfect the fit of a purchased gown.

I can’t wait to meet you!!

• Woman-owned

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Full Customization
Rentals

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Plus Size Gowns
Veils

1 User photo

Shiela Married on 12/03/2017
    I bought a dress off the rack. It was beautiful and fit perfectly on the top however, i'm too short and it was very, very, very long for me. The bridal shop told me that the only way to get it shorter is to cut from the middle because all the beading is on the bottom of the dress. They recommended a place but my conversations with that company over the phone was not very satisfactory and the place was too far for me. I searched around my area and found The Marilyn Johnson Studio. She had really good reviews so I took my chance and scheduled my appointment with her. My dress had something like 8 layers inside that I did not know about. I knew it was going to be a real pain cutting from the middle and making each layer shorter. When I went to my last fitting, I felt so beautiful. The dress fit me perfectly. Marilyn and her team really did a great job.
    Jessica Married on 08/08/2015
    Met Marilyn at Brides Against Breast Cancer event where I purchase a BEAUTIFUL dress that needed significant alteration (hemming, realigning of skirt and train, Lots of bead work). Marilyn made my dress fit perfectly and it was stunning on the big day! Can't thank her enough and have since recommended to several friends!

Della Blooms Della Blooms Wedding Florists

I often refer my brides and their wedding parties to The Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio for alterations and custom designs. So of course when planning my own daughter's wedding and needing some alterations we knew right where to go. Marilyn and her team took great care of us and our needs, not only making sure our dresses fit perfectly, but they customized a veil I'd worn at my own wedding.

Tawanda Beverly, Commercial Realtor Tawanda Beverly, Commercial Realtor Banquet Halls

Beautiful dresses and quality work!

154 Lafayette Ave. Suite K, Unit K Laurel, MD, 20707

M-F 10a-5p or By Appointment
Location of (The Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio, LLC)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding