The Makeup Artists

The Makeup Artists

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About The Makeup Artists

The Makeup Artists is a collaborative of Boston-based professional freelance makeup artists and hair stylists specializing in bridal beauty.

Bride's-to-be searching for timeless makeup and hair will find our talented artists are able to create any look while making the entire experience enjoyable. We simply love whate do.

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

Hair (2)
Blowouts (2)
Updos/Styling (2)

1.5

Totally unimpressed. These guys don’t know what they are doing, and use cheap quality products to boot. My hair lasted less than 10 min. By the time I had walked to the car, It was already starting to fall out. I have thick hair and can literally use a single pen to keep it up in a bun, so if Erin couldn’t get my hair to stay put, I’d hate to think what would happen to someone w straight or fine hair.
Now for the makeup. It took a lot of coaching, but it finally came passable. It’s almost like she has a template for how to apply makeup, regardless of what quirks a persons face may have. The makeup looked good (which is more than I can say for my hair), but the first person I kissed and boom they had lipstick all over them. With such low quality products, I do not have much confidence they will withstand a night of dancing. What’s more, I feel like lesson #1 in bridal makeup is make sure the bride doesn’t get lipstick on the groom.
Ladtly, and I found this to be incredibly poor judgement and distasteful, they tried to charge gratuity on a trial. They added a 20% gratuity for the -trial- on the printed invoice. They then had the audacity to point that out to me -three times- and mentioned that it was optional. C’mon ladies, you should have the eyes on the prize. If i sign a contract w you, you gain a bunch more businesss. That’s just plain greedy.

Profile Picture Becs, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

Marlo (make up) and Meghan (hair) were an excellent choice. My bridal party, mothers and myself really appreciated how professional, flexible and accommodating Marlo and Meghan were during the whole process. They both pay attention to details and they make sure not only to listen to what you are looking for but also ensuring that you are happy with the results. I would highly recommend the Make up Artists for your wedding day. The results were exactly as requested and we all looked just perfect! Thank you Marlo and Meghan for all your excellent work! We could not have been more happy!

Profile Picture User7463299, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Andrea and Jen. These girls were not only so good at what they do, they made my wedding day a BLAST! I planned from out of state, and they were so accommodating with the necessary work-arounds that caused, including doing a trial with one of my bffs, and then another trial to actually test my wedding day look. I didn't have a large bridal party, but asked a number of my favorite girls to spend the morning getting ready with me. Jen and Andrea didn't blink at the crowd of 30 mimosa-sipping, chatty ladies that joined us. They made both of my 'maids' and our two moms feel beautiful. I truly felt like I was hanging out with two friends, not some vendor I found on the internet (which is how, luckily, I stumbled across them). I'm sad my weddings over, because it means I don't have an excuse to hang out with these ladies again! I can't thank them enough for such an amazing experience--from over communicating throughout the booking process, to a handy "month-out checklist" they provided. I did experience some irritation--I have super sensitive eye area--from one of the products they used at the trial (which is why a trial is a MUST), and they made sure it was noted and not part of my actual wedding-day regime. Their attention to detail and positive attitudes are just an added bonus to the great work they do.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/5/16, 3 Reviews