Durham, Durham, NC 27705 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Local DJ

The Local DJ is a DJ and entertainment company located in Durham, North Carolina that serves couples in the Raleigh metropolitan area. Chad, an award-winning DJ, aims to avoid the cheesy entertainment and music that tends to accompany less experienced DJs. Chad invests every ounce of dedication to getting to know couples and what they envision for their wedding entertainment. He enjoys DJing for friends much more than strangers; the couples he works with become just that. Contact this talented DJ today to start choosing the perfect playlist for your big day!

The Local DJ ensures that couples have everything they need for a successful wedding entertainment experience. Chad will provide microphones and a sound/PA system to keep the party moving. He will also work with couples to compile a do-not-play list so there are no unpleasant surprises. You can also count on lively MC services and even participate in karaoke. The Local DJ has flat screen TVs available at request and will take care of travel expenses.

vanchad068

The Local DJ 7
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 05/04/2019

Awesome wedding beats

I'll be the first to admit I was very anal when hiring a wedding DJ. I didn't want to be trapped with someone playing cheesy music and outdated songs, or someone that lingered on a certain decade of music. I also needed someone who was willing and had experience playing global music as my now husband is Brazilian and my family is Iranian.
    Well, Chad fit the bill 100%. He was very open-minded about playing different types of music and had EVERYONE on the dance floor. He played everything we wanted, and didn't play everything we didn't want! All of our friends and family had a blast dancing the night away.
    We're so glad we went with the Local DJ!! Thank you Chad!!!

Sent on 05/19/2019

The Local DJ's reply:

Thanks, Nina. It really was a super fun night, and your guests were so great to bear with my getting my feet wet with Brazilian and Persian music. I loved every minute!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/08/2018

Just book him already.

If I had my wedding to do over again, I would pick Chad every time. He did both the ceremony music and the reception perfectly. We had a weird mix of people at our wedding, so music was going to be difficult for the whole group. Chad nailed it. NAILED IT. I only had a few songs picked out that I wanted him to play and he picked the rest and did a great job figuring out the crowd. He took requests, but didn't play anything on our do not play list until an aunt pestered my husband to play the wobble. Chad only played it after getting the okay from us. She is known for her persistence, so props to him. Also, the glow sticks were a hit, people were till wearing them at the after party. He played everything at just the right time. He made all the announcements and killed it as MC. If you are looking for a great time, this is your DJ.

Sent on 12/19/2018

The Local DJ's reply:

Thanks Stephanie! Such a great time with your friends and family :) Happiest of New Years to you and Chris.

The Local DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,200.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

Real Weddings

• Emily Katherine Events
    Emily Katherine Events Wedding Planners

Chad is a great DJ, and my clients love working with him! He is NOT a cheesy wedding DJ. Chad gets all the song info he needs from the couple and builds a playlist around their tastes, and he as a great presence on the mic without inserting himself into their day. The dance floor has been packed at the weddings I've worked with Chad, which is always a great sign!

• Durham Durham, North Carolina, 27705 See on map