The Hobson

Kokomo, IN View map

Up to 175 guests

The Hobson is the premiere wedding and event space in the heart of Downtown Kokomo, Indiana. Our historical building with modern and contemporary elegance is the perfect setting to host an intimate and unforgettable experience. The Hobson is housed in the former City Building in downtown Kokomo. The Richardsonian Romanesque style building was built in 1893, and has undergone an intricate, stunning renovation. The third floor now houses the breathtaking two-story ballroom, holding up to 175 guests. The handsomely-constructed bar connects the ballroom to the lounge area, adorned with vintage-inspired William Morris wallpaper and bold brass fixtures. Day-of coordination services are offered with every package to ensure you are a guest at your own event. The staff at The Hobson works with you one on one prior to the event to coordinate all of your details and execute the day seamlessly while you relax and enjoy.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$6,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$6,500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$10

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Signature Drink

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Decor
Furniture
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

Greg L. Married on 02/09/2022

Greg Lowden

My granddaughter had her wedding here on 9/26/2020 this Venue was the perfect place to have it. I will recommend this venue to everyone. Greg Lowden
  • O
    Olivia M. Married on 01/07/2022

The Hobson made our wedding day the best day of our lives!

We had our wedding, cocktail hour & reception at The Hobson on July 25th, 2020. The entire year leading up to the wedding, they were hands in & amazing with communication & making sure all of our needs were met. The pandemic hit & they easily made a date change for us, making sure we were able to still have all of our needs & wants met. The day of was so perfect, no hiccups & overall the best day ever!! The staff went above & beyond to make sure all of our needs were met the entire day. Absolutely everything went smooth & there was no stress at all! I could not recommend The Hobson & their staff enough to anyone looking for a unique & sophisticated wedding space!

The Hobson's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Olivia! We loved working with you, and wish you and Drew all the best!

Pricing

Team

Kura  Bolinger
Kura Bolinger
Venue Director

I started at The Hobson in October 2018 as the Director of Weddings and Events and am now in charge of the administrative side of event coordination! I am also a Registered Wedding Planner with the Association of Bridal Consultants.

I was the first #HobsonBride when my Husband and I got married on January 06, 2018. Before getting married, I studied Human Development at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. I recently moved to Ohio with my husband, beautiful 1 year old daughter, 2 dogs, and 2 cats.

I have always been in love with the wedding industry, and it was a complete dream to get to start my career at The Hobson. My favorite part of being a wedding coordinator is getting to see the behind the scenes of the couple on their special day and executing all of their wishes!

Stephanie Stover
Stephanie Stover
Assistant Director of Events

I started at The Hobson as an Event Host in 2019, then moved up the ranks to Assistant Coordinator, Coordinator, Venue Manager, and now my current position as Assistant Director of Events. In this role I handle a lot of the behind-the-scenes magic for Hobson events, while also functioning as one of the Lead Coordinators!

After living by Lake Michigan for a few years I moved back to my hometown of Kokomo with my husband Sam, and our 9-year-old son Jace. After moving back, we adopted our 2 dogs, a German Shepherd named Max and Pitbull named Louie. When I’m not at The Hobson, you can find me cheering on Jace at one of his many sporting events, or curled up somewhere with a book and a giant cup of coffee!

I have always wanted to work in Event Planning and the Wedding Industry, but after taking time off from school to raise my son, I never thought I’d have the chance. My journey here at The Hobson has been an absolute dream come true! I love all of my couples, and the best part of my job is getting to help them achieve their perfect day!

Haley Reschke
Haley Reschke
Event Coordinator

I started at The Hobson in the summer of 2021 as a Lead Event Coordinator. My experience in the wedding industry began in my home of Columbus, Ohio where I worked as a bridal consultant. Learning the business of bridal gown sales helped me develop a sense of connection and passion for working with couples to make their dream day a success!

In addition to my work at The Hobson, I currently attend IUK as a senior in the Education program with a content area of English/Language arts. My fiance and I are planning a 2023 wedding of our own at The Hobson and I am so excited to work with this team here! Outside of the wedding world, I enjoy coaching high school volleyball, running, lifting weights, and spending time with my fiance and two adopted pitbulls, Dexter and Doakes!

During the planning process, I enjoy bringing comfort to our couples as they prepare for their big day. My favorite part of working at The Hobson is seeing couple's fall in love with the venue; the charm of this location makes every event beautiful and glamorous! Our event staff ensures that your big day goes off without a hitch!

110 N Washington St Kokomo, IN, 46901
(765) 457-8020

Tuesday - Friday: 9 AM - 5PM Weekends: Vary based on Event Schedule (All tours and meetings are by appointment only)
Location of (The Hobson)

The Hobson frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Hobson?

The Hobson includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At The Hobson, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at The Hobson includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • House Beer
  • House Liquor
  • House Wine
  • Signature Drink

What are the most important characteristics of The Hobson in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Hobson for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Historic Building

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Hobson for wedding events?

The Hobson offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor

What kind of wedding events does The Hobson offer?

The Hobson offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Hobson offer for wedding events?

The Hobson offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Bar Services
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Outside Vendors
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Hobson have available for wedding events?

The Hobson offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Decor
  • Furniture
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Hobson and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Hobson is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Indianapolis for your wedding

Wedding Venues