2560 Mertz Road, Caro, MI 48723 Map · Phone number

About The Gardens at Grice's

"Up north" wedding experience without the up north price tag or distance!

The Gardens at Grice's is a wedding venue and reception hall that opened in 2010. The Gardens at Grice's is located on the same property as Grice's Tree Farm & Nursery. Grice's Tree Farm & Nursery, L.L.C. is a licensed and insured nursery which has been serving satisfied customers in the thumb area since 1996.

The Banquet Room features a silver chandelier and canister lighting, custom window treatments, a sound system, 55" flat screen television, bar area, display corner, round and rectangular tables, banquet chairs, Wi-Fi, and air conditioning. The outdoor space includes a covered patio surrounding the building, a courtyard, pergola space with seating, elaborate water features, and a fire pit. In addition, The Gardens at Grice's has an outdoor ceremony site in a secluded pond setting. The courtyard may also be used as a site for larger outdoor receptions.

Contact

Picture220
3454945305144087837054440087861217684449531n1

2 Reviews for The Gardens at Grice's

Diana · Married on 07/28/2004

My husband and I were the first couple to hold our reception at this location and it was perfect! Our friends and family were so impressed at how beautiful this venue was. It's truly a hidden gem for weddings and receptions!

• dragonfly726

Chelsea · Married on 10/01/2011

3.2
      3.5
      3.0

When I initially contacted The Gardens at Grices to inquire about there ceremony services, their event consultant, Kristen, was incredibly helpful and accommodating. She assured me that she would be able to set up my decorations the day of and that she would be on hand the day of the wedding to offer help as needed. Fast forward to 1 month before the wedding. I came in to pay off my balance and check on some last minute questions and was informed that Kristen no longer worked there. I had to re-negotiate details that I had once been assured of. Although we were not having our reception there, we had originally worked out a deal allowing us access to the hall as a back up rain location, and as a place to get ready for an additional fee. When I went in to pay the balance, the new consultant informed me that I would have no access to the hall (and therefore no where to get ready). Upon closer inspection of the contract she determined that we would have access to the hall, but there was no place to get ready. After I explained that the original consultant had pointed to an area for me to get ready, she conceded that we could get ready in the back office. The day of the wedding, the event consultant was no where to be found. Instead the owner was the only staff on the premises, and therefore the hall was locked when we arrived to get ready as he was setting up my decorations. There was no one to direct my guests to the back lot for parking and so many of them mingled in the hall until the ceremony was to begin, causing our ceremony to begin 30 min late. While I was very pleased with the beauty of the location and the price, I was not pleased with the professionalism of the staff or their level of service. I would recommend Grice's to another bride, but I would encourage anyone who is interested not to rely on the staff for anything, because although I expected to have their staff present to make the day flow smoothly, all I really had was a location.

The Gardens at Grice's FAQ