Nearby Vendors to Consider

43 Reviews for The Garden Gate

Delivery (4)
Set Up (4)
Clean Up (3)

Junior, Maria, and the rest of the Garden Gate team were an absolute dream to work with! We could not have asked for a better wedding florist! They took mine and my wife's vision and turned it into so much more! We could not image what our day would have been like without them on our vendor team! We are so thankful for them and the beautiful work that they do! I can't wait to get anniversary flowers from them every year!!

Profile Picture Aaron, 1/12/18, 4 Reviews
2.6

This is a tough review to write, because the first 2 meetings with Junior were great. He is incredibly talented and creative, and he spent well over an hour discussing our wedding. His pricing is extremely reasonable, and he had great suggestions for all aspects of our wedding. I was extremely excited to work with him. About 6 weeks before our wedding (after we made our final payment) things started to go off the rails.

I sent two emails and made two phone calls to discuss the flowers for our cake - I never got any response from Junior or his staff. The flowers on the cake looked like a bad cartoon image of what I had sent him via email. I was extremely embarrassed by the way it looked.

My mother in law passed away unexpectedly three weeks before our wedding, and I called Junior THREE times to discuss the change in situation. I definitely did not want him to show up on the day of with her flowers (seeing her bouquet would be a painful reminder of her absence), and we were considering having memorial flowers for her during the ceremony. He never even bothered to call back, even after I made the situation clear to the woman that answered the phone. Not only is this terrible service, but I felt that it was incredibly insensitive. Long story short - we didn't have any memorial flowers during our ceremony.

Lastly was the bridal bouquet. He sent me a picture the day before and it looked great. On the day of the wedding, the flowers had turned pretty brown. Also, in real life it looked like a kid had glued a bunch of gardenias to a paper plate. There was no depth or shape at all. I'm hoping that it looks ok in my professional photos... in real life it was terribly disappointing.

Profile Picture Maureen, 9/29/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery

Junior came highly recommended by our venue because of his prior work in the particular hall we had selected. The consultation was relaxed and thorough as our tastes and expectations were discussed at length. There was no need for further discussion or consultant appointments. We knew we had the right match with Junior and contracted the first night. Follow up communication was great and the final work that Junior and staff at Garden Gate delivered exceeded our expectation. Check out the work at Junior's instagram account #AtLast. There are just not the right words to say thank you for how wonderful this experience was for us. Did I forget to say (in my opinion) affordable for the stunning work Junior produced?

Profile Picture Ed, 7/16/16, 7 Reviews