12658 FM 822, Edna, TX 77957 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date

About The Evermore

The Evermore is the newest modern barn venues in Texas, opening in the Fall 2018. Our over 8,500 sq ft venue, combined with 130 acres will create the picture-perfect backdrop for your ceremony & reception. Your guest will be wowed by a venue full of white shiplap to accommodate any style. We are set up for indoor weddings with a bridal suite and grooms quarter or choose a majestic outdoor ceremony nestled into our over-sized oak trees.

We also offer on-site modern farmhouse style guest houses for your weekend accommodations.

• The Rustic Chandelier

1.4
      2.0
      2.0

Not worth your money

I was the matron of honor in my friends wedding that was hosted at The Evermore. I went to the decor meeting with her and the venue owner Kim. She promised so many beautiful things but completely under delivered!! To start with, we were completely shorted on floral and a bouquet. One of the bridesmaids had a VERY noticeably different bouquet that Kim had to throw together last minute. Once everything was set up, Kim completely disappeared... I had to coordinate the entire wedding. From getting everyone in line for the ceremony on time; to pushing through everything in the reception. Kim didn’t step back in until it was time to clean up. We went above and beyond on clean up. That wasn’t good enough for Kim.. She constantly kept using the words, “if it doesn’t get done, the bride and groom will be charged for it.” Referring to bringing the trash that we bagged up to the front door. Not to mention, the trash can in the bridal room was almost full with trash when we came in to get ready. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, but I would recommend bringing in your own wedding planner and coordinator. That’s the only way to have things done as promised.

Sent on 09/16/2020

The Evermore's reply:

I’m so sorry you felt that way. If there was something missing, it was a mistake and we will definitely fix it. Kim only stays and does day of coordination if it is booked. If only decorating is booked she sets up and comes back and breaks down.

Jamie Barnard · Married on 03/01/2020

1.0

The epitome of over promising & under delivering

The epitome of over promising and under delivering. There were so many things missing from our ceremony and reception floral and decoration wise that it can only be summed up as pure lack of effort. Not to mention the numerous breaches and changes made to the contract along the way. It's like Kim made up the rules as she went. She also went back on her word countless times. The shortcomings of the venue owner/coordinator are just too long to list. I strongly encourage looking elsewhere. I would hate for another bride to go through the stress and disappointment I did.

Sent on 09/16/2020

The Evermore's reply:

I’m so sorry that you didn’t feel your day was everything you dreamt of. The original flowers wanted did not fit in your budget so thing had to be pulled and changed, this was all discussed and approved before flowers were ordered. The only thing missing we’re big “love” letters in the reception area and it was explained to mother in law that it fell and was damaged that morning.

Madison Reyes · Married on 11/09/2019

The Nevermore

I had seen photos of many beautiful weddings at The evermore and had hoped to experience the same but did not. I would like to save brides the frustration and disappointment I endured the day of my wedding by sharing my experience. I booked the Venue located in Edna TX, The Evermore in October 2018. I met with the owner Kim to sign the contract and also signed a contract for her Day of coordination, as well as her decoration package. We met in May of 2019 to discuss the details of the wedding decorations, layout and vision I had for the day of the wedding. It was that day that we discussed what items needed to be purchased. We even offered to buy decor but it was stated that she had those decorations and would also be ordering more items that went with the vision we had. The second and last meeting was in July to discuss further planning for the day of the wedding. I voiced my vision again and Kim wrote down what it was that we wanted for the wedding. Over and over I told her I had wanted more decorations than what she had currently been doing for other brides and she stated that she could make that happen. The day of the wedding the decor was not as planned and many items were missing from what we had discussed. When questioned where they were we were told the items did not come in time. Although she had been planning since May. Kim also provided all floral decor for the venue and church including bouquets, corsages and boutonnières. This was another amount of $4,770 in which I received flowers that were already half dead when they arrived to the church. The boutonnières were removed for photo purposes. When questioned about that we were told they are delicate flowers that’s why they died. I also purchased a charm with a photo of my deceased grandparents to be placed on my bouquet for when I walked down the isle. I was given the bouquet minutes before walking down the isle and my charm was left off. When asked about that Kim states to my mother that she’s human and makes mistakes. No I’m sorry or apology given. I know it meant nothing to her but it meant a lot to me. We had also had problems the weeks before with the venue stating that we needed to be out by 11 pm when the contract that we signed stated we had till 1am. She stated that they were no longer using that old contract and and that they were going by the new one. I explained to her that I had signed the old one and that was what should stand. I had booked vendors for that specific time frame and she said she would see if she could make it work. Despite everything that happened thus far the worst of it was meeting her unprofessional and rude husband that we had never spoken with throughout the course of planning. He was helping man their bar area and questioned everything that went on. Things that had been discussed with Kim but then we were told we were not allowed to do the night of such as our lantern exit. We eventually got to light them but after almost 30 minutes of arguing with him and proving to him that the lanterns were safe to light. Even though we had already received the ok from Kim. The venue itself is a beautiful venue but the management is a different story. We were told we were one of the most difficult weddings they have had. I guess if questioning why we did not get what we payed for is being difficult. If you choose to use this venue be prepared to have to fight for what you were promised in your contract. Be prepared to have to explain everything the night of your wedding to a rude man whom you never spoke to before. Everyone has their own experiences and this was mine with The evermore and it’s management.

Sent on 11/14/2019

• 12658 FM 822 Edna, 77957 See on map
    Location of (The Evermore)