1101 W Chapel Hill Street, Durham, NC 27701 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Cookery

Boasting exposed brick walls, distinctive metalwork salvaged from Durham landmarks, and a ceiling stretching 20 feet high, the Front Room, The Cookery's event venue in downtown Durham, hosts wedding ceremonies, receptions and rehearsal dinners.

• Cross and Main

The Cookery 4
The Cookery 5
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/20/2019

Loved having our wedding at the Cookery!

The Cookery had everything we wanted for our wedding. The main thing we loved about the venue was that there was a separate space for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and the reception. While the venue was a dream come true, it really was the staff that made our night turn out so perfectly. Starting with Tammy, I felt like I could reach out to her about anything, big or small, without feeling like I was inconveniencing her. This was huge for me. Planning a wedding when you have not planned any large event before can be a bit scary and I felt very comfortable with the whole process knowing I had her support.
    On the actual wedding day, the staff were amazing and so friendly. I felt like they went above and beyond. We really appreciated all that the staff did to keep things moving seamlessly. We had so many compliments about the space, it was a huge hit with the guests. I can honestly say that The Cookery as a venue coupled with the amazing staff, made all of our wedding dreams come true.
    Photo Credit: Copper Key Photos

The Cookery 6
    The Cookery 7
    Sent on 10/20/2019

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2019

Dream venue!

The Cookery was absolutely the most amazing venue! People could not stop complimenting us on how beautiful the venue was. Love that we had options to be inside and outside with multiple bars. The bridal suite was amazing and had ample space for us to get ready. Juli was amazing throughout the whole process with answering all of our million questions and was very prompt in response. The biggest aspect that we loved about the Cookery was the staff. All of our guests kept complimenting us on their service. They were prompt and polite and helped add to the amazing atmosphere of the venue. We hope we have friends that get married there one day cause we would love to experience this amazing venue again! Thank you so much The Cookery!!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 05/18/2019

Book the cookery!

We had our wedding at the Cookery June 15, 2019 and it was the PERFECT day. The Cookery and their staff played such a big roll in making the day perfect. For the past year and half Juli answered my thousands of questions with quickly and kindly. I am event planner myself so my questions were very detailed and frequent and seriously Juli was so great dealing my with constant inquiries. She made sure my rental order matched the layout, helped navigate parking issues, recommended vendors, and so much more!

The venue itself is also amazing. We loved being able to have our ceremony in the garden area. We did decide to have a tent due to the heat and sun around 4:00 p.m. The ceremony still looked beautiful. Our guests loved just being able to go right to the cocktail area after the ceremony. We got so many compliments on the flow of the wedding, the beauty of the space, and the location.

BOOK THE COOKERY!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Award

The Cookery FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Banquet Hall
    Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Wifi
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Chairs
    Lighting
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    Glassware
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access

Real Weddings

• Emily Katherine Events
    Emily Katherine Events Wedding Planners

The Cookery is one of my favorite venues in Durham! Julie and Tammy are both so easy to work with during the planning process, and the space itself has so much beautiful aesthetic. I'm always excited when I get to work with couples at The Cookery!

• 1101 W Chapel Hill Street Durham, 27701 See on map