The Contemporary Austin

Austin, TX View map Visit website
4.2 out of 5 rating
Up to 200 guests

Up to 200 guests

Laguna Gloria is one of the most desired and award-winning venues in Central Texas to host exquisite events, receptions, ceremonies and weddings. Laguna Gloria is home to a Mediterranean-style Villa and gorgeous landscaping built in 1916 by Clara Driscoll, best known for helping to save the Alamo from destruction in 1903. Right in central Austin on the shores of Lake Austin- nothing compares to the unique beauty of Laguna Gloria.

VISIT US: Guests are welcome to visit during our museum open hours—no appointment necessary—or contact us at the phone number or email address provided below to book a private tour with our Rentals team.

CONTACT US: rent@thecontemporaryaustin.org

CAPACITY:
Weddings | (150) conditioned on rain plan tenting options and set up

Other Events| Dependent on set up

**Driscoll Villa, if available (indoor) 75–100 seated maximum wall-to-wall dependent on set up

** Reservation of tent rain plans required for events over 50 with ceremony, 75 without

PRICING: Please inquire with the Site Rentals Department for pricing

TIME PERIOD FOR RENTAL:
3pm–1am (including set-up/tear-down) | All amplified sound and event must end by 11pm Friday and Saturday and 10pm all other days. Weddings must end by 11pm and start after 5:00pm to allow time for set-up.

ALCOHOL: All alcohol can be delivered or brought in—usually quite a bit of savings for clients.

Inclusions

• Villa Terraces (outdoor)
  • Crushed Granite Path (outdoor)
  • Four Seasons Garden (outdoor)
  • The Temple of Love (outdoor)
  • Overlook (outdoor)
  • Driscoll Villa (indoor) restrooms
  • Driscoll Villa itself
  • Ability to bring in own alcohol
  • Brides (2) hour photo reservation (photographer not included)

ART/EXHIBITIONS:
We are a museum of rotating contemporary art exhibitions. The art can and will be changing on the grounds, and in the Villa, often without notification. The art and exhibitions cannot be moved, removed, turned off or added to, or disturbed or altered in any way for private events.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$4,900

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$3,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$4,900

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$3,500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Parking

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden
Historic Building
Mansion
Museum
Park

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Engagement Party
Elopements

What event services do you offer?

Outside Vendors
Preferred Vendors Only
Wifi

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

March
April
May
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

3.8 out of 5 rating

• Gretchen
    Gretchen C. Married on 05/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most beautiful wedding venue

I booked Laguna Gloria for my ceremony and reception. Ceremony - Amphitheater Reception - back terraces/patio with tables on long path When planning the wedding I was not sure what I was looking for, just that I wanted something outside and at a beautiful venue. When I saw Laguna Gloria I was sold! It's a beautiful venue. My contact at the venue was Shannon and she was excellent. She provided thorough communication and was very helpful answering my questions. It is an expensive venue, but I think it was worth it. I would just make sure you read your contract that Shannon provides thoroughly before signing. There are a lot of restrictions since it is a museum, and it is expensive compared to other venues, but I think it is worth it. Our guests were blown away by how beautiful it was and we got a sneak peek of our photos and they are gorgeous!
  • Jordyn
    Jordyn G. Married on 06/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely stunning wedding venue!

The Contemporary Austin - Laguna Gloria wedding venue was amazingly beautiful! It was perfect for an outdoor wedding, especially in the afternoon with the incredible strung lights around the villa and the gorgeous art pieces. The Temple of Love ceremony site was breathtaking, and perfect for a small intimate wedding!

Shannon was wonderful at answering any and all questions that I asked her both promptly and kindly - she was a huge help in keeping me sane through the wedding planning process. The day-of coordinators, Blythe and Victoria, were great at coordinating with our other vendors and helping the guests with anything they needed. Even when a sudden storm came in during the reception, they did not hesitate to help with getting everything inside the Driscoll Villa (very quickly)!

All in all, including the service, the aesthetic of the venue, and the adaptability of the staff in mind, we could not have chosen a better venue to celebrate our love with family and friends!

The Contemporary Austin's reply:

Jordyn,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I wish I could've been there to see your special day unfold! I'm thrilled to hear that everything was smooth with the transition with that weather. We were honored to be a part of this life milestone and hope to see you around the property again in the future!

All my best,
    Shannon
    Alicia Married on 04/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had my dream wedding at Laguna Gloria last weekend- it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy with how it turned out, I got so many compliments on this venue and it was perfect for our 75 person wedding outdoors. We had an intimate ceremony out at the Temple of Love, which I think is so unique compared to all of the church weddings we have been to recently. We did the long table along the path by the lake and strung lights and candles, and the venue was the perfect backdrop! I would say the beautiful gardens and venue made it so we didn't have to have as much decor and flowers as other places. I very much lucked out to have beautiful weather- the rain plan here isn't the greatest, we would have moved inside and rented a small tent, outdoors was my dream so I am glad it worked out! This isn't the venue for you if you want a package deal as you have to bring everything in yourself, but I enjoyed doing all the planning for it and making my dream come true. They aren't as difficult as some reviews say, you just have to know what you are getting into and know the vendors to use and they will all make it work without a problem! The ladies were also so nice to work with and they tried hard to make sure I got what I wanted within their limits! I recommend Laguna for a beautiful outdoor wedding!
  • illustration stars

4.9 out of 5 rating , 15 Reviews
  • Royal Fig Catering
    4.9 out of 5 rating , 290 Reviews

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
3809 West 35th Street Austin, TX, 78703
Location of (The Contemporary Austin)

Other vendors in Austin for your wedding

Wedding Venues