884 Colusa Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94707 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About The Brow Sensei

The Brow Sensei provides excellent beauty services for wedding day looks and is located in Berkeley, California. Owner and artist Mylissa takes great pride in perfect lines and is dedicated to supporting you in achieving your best brow. She is also extremely talented at making you look and feel your best on your wedding day with her makeup artistry. The Brow Sensei will make you look and feel great on your wedding day without making it feel like you’re wearing a mask.

Experience

Mylissa graduated from the San Francisco Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology in 2014 and began training under Amanda Poe, The Brow Architect. The two recently reunited at POE Brow + Skin Studio and have made North Berkeley the studio’s forever home. She has completed more than 100 hours of post-graduate education at Dermalogica’s International Dermal Institute. Mylissa has honed her craft in eyebrows, skincare, and makeup to become a well-rounded beauty artist for her clients.

The Brow Sensei provides her clients beauty services like hair removal, makeup, and skincare, and can do a makeup trial to prepare for the big day. She provides on-site makeup application the day of your wedding and can accommodate groups of up to eight people. To perfect your brows she offers tweezing, waxing, and tinting. Her makeup services include:

• Contour makeup
screen shot 2018 11 05 at 5 43 38 pm 51 1022973

3 Reviews for The Brow Sensei

Brittany · Married on 05/19/2018

Mylissa is the best!!!

Mylissa did the wedding make-up for me and my bridal party, she did such a great job!! She was so much fun to get ready with and my make-up was stunning! Thank you, Mylissa!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Jennifer Lew · Married on 02/24/2018

Absolutely AMAZING artistry

I used Mylissa's services to get ready for my big day months in advance. I have dry skin issues which she completely fixed as her facials are an AMAZING experience. She also helped me pick which skin products would be best for me to use to keep my skin healthy and glowing. My brows were a hot mess as I had been getting them done more than I needed and they were very sparse and thin. I always wanted a thicker more natural brow. Mylissa gave me a personalized brow consultation and listened to my concerns. She created a plan for my brows to look great from day one while letting my brows grow over time to achieve the look I always dreamed of having. I'm absolutely obsessed with my brows now and will never go anywhere else! I chose to do a wedding makeup trial before because I usually don't wear a lot of makeup normally. I wanted a little more than I wear daily but still look like myself. Once again, Mylissa listened to what I wanted, looked at my many pictures, and answered all my questions. She was very honest about what would look best on me. I was extremely confident that I was going to look my best on my wedding day. It helped keep my stress down so I could relax and enjoy the whole getting ready process. She even suggested a great stylist to come and do my hair. She also did my husband and my moms' makeup as well as my three bridesmaids. She kept great time and still managed to give me the time to feel special and pampered. We all were finished on time. She gave us all a touch up kit to use throughout the night and for pictures. Needless to say I was more than pleased with Mylissa and the service she provides. I have continued to use her services well after my wedding and even used her for other events where I need to look my best. I call her my personal beauty guru. Thank you Mylissa for being the best and helping to make me feel beautiful at my wedding!

Sent on 11/12/2018

The Brow Sensei Pricing

The Brow Sensei Price Rates

The Brow Sensei FAQ

• What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 95.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 95.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 95.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the starting price for facials? $ 100.00
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee, Consultation, Travel Fee
  • What beauty services do you offer? Hair Removal, Makeup, Licensed, Skincare
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes, Brow/Lash Tinting, Tattoo Coverage
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Tweezing, Waxing