115 West 18th Street, Kansas City, MO 64108 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 5

About The Bride and the Bauer

Ok, so this is who we are…

We are an incredible event space. We can’t imagine that you’ll find anything like us anywhere else in the city! We are rustic, vintage and charming, with a lot of “old” and a good dose of “new.” We are nestled in a beautiful, historic building in the Crossroads Arts District — painstakingly restored to provide modern conveniences but still retain the original charm and architectural details that make us so special. We have exposed brick, textured walls and original plaster. (One person called it our “patina” and we love that!) We have a Bridal Room made all cute and cozy just for you and your girls and a Groom’s Room made all handsome and dapper for your boys. We have handmade, artisan furniture, gorgeous hardwood floors and window seats made from century-old reclaimed fir. We have Italian-glass string bulbs draped from the ceiling. (Yes, the round ones that make you feel like you’re in a romantic alley in, well, Italy). And we have an extra little space adjacent to the main event room called The Parlour — ooh la la!

Wait, did we mention our view? We have a view from our event space that is absolutely marvelous! From our third floor you can see ALL of the gorgeous Kansas City skyline glowing at dusk or twinkling at night, the new performing arts center glimmering to the west and the restored TWA rocket ship ready for take-off. And our unique block of West 18th Street is peppered by an eclectic mix of boutiques, restaurants, galleries and shops.

On top of it all, we LOVE having events here. We love that we’re able to share with you a space that is totally unique and charming and beautiful on a day that you are so ready to make unique and charming and beautiful.

***

So what’s happening in the rest of the building? Well… The Bauer itself has three stories of mixed-use space, which include artist studios, galleries, and creative-inspired services, such as photographers, retail boutiques, an urban garden store and even a clock-maker. Atop it all perches our beloved event space. The building is called “THE BAUER.” The experience is called “THE BRIDE & THE BAUER.”

***

You’re the bride. We’re The Bauer. And we’re meant for each other.

Follow The Bride and the Bauer on

The Bride and the Bauer 5
The Bride and the Bauer 6
The Bride and the Bauer 7

Branden Chung · Married on 05/26/2019

Surprisingly affordable for an incredible vibe, great staff and beautiful design

I just had my wedding here this past weekend. I was born and raised in KC but went to school out of town. So when we were searching for a venue, I knew I had to find a place that really embodied KC for me because I had done nothing but hype up how awesome it is here the whole time I was abroad. The Bride and the Bauer was really a perfect fit for that because of the great view of downtown and the character of the building and location. The colorful, wedding day vibe it puts off is exactly what I hoped to find and I'm confident that my guests were charmed by the atmosphere it presents. And let's not forget to mention the friendly staff before, during and after our event! Very well organized, no surprises with costs/policies and very supportive and helpful.

This venue was the only one I viewed but as soon as I did, I was confident it was the one and looked no further. If you're looking for that hip Crossroads KC feel with classy architecture, exposed brick and hardwood floors, a great view and a great group of people running the place: look no further. This is it.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Sammy

Sammy · Married on 04/17/2019

I love the bride and the bauer!

This is the venue to end all venues (at least in my opinion). The staff is WONDERFUL, the space is STUNNING, and the ambiance is everything you could wish for and more. With beautiful views of downtown Kansas City, and a rustic/industrial/romantic fusion inside the walls, The Bride and The Bauer is perfect for so many events!!! We were recently married in the space and I can’t speak highly enough about the experience as a whole. Everyone at the Bauer was super helpful (leading up to and on the day of the wedding) but not only were they helpful, they were simply lovely and especially kind. In addition, I was (and will always be) in love with the aesthetics of the Bauer event space. With a dreamy bride’s room, a spacious grooms room, and the prettiest event space – there is nothing to leave you wanting – not to mention the lighting!! (Both natural and romantic string lights to boot!) Book the Bauer – you won’t regret it!! & Shout out to Chelsey and Ashlee – who were there for me through every question during the wedding planning process!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
    The Bride and the Bauer 13
    The Bride and the Bauer 14
    The Bride and the Bauer 15

Ally · Married on 03/31/2018

The Bauer was perfect! Israel was great, as were Chelsey and Ashlie! We adore the venue, and it was beautiful!

Sent on 05/08/2018