The Block Party

Ann Arbor, MI View map

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

I AM NOT going to tell corny jokes on the mic
I AM NOT going to play trance at your wedding!
I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY DESPERATE CRAPPY ANYTHING!
I AM NOT going to be an ego driven “artist” and only play what “I” want to hear
I AM NOT going to be a stereotypical wedding DJ!
I AM NOT going to play thug hip hop at your dinner (unless of course…)
I AM NOT going to play ipods/cds

I AM gonna play VINYL (remember that format?)
I AM going to play the perfect music for the mood of the people in attendance.
I AM going to be able to read the crowd and build the energy accordingly.
I AM going to seamlessly blend from dinner to dance party

I AM going to be a great MC and keep the night flowing smoothly

I AM going to coordinate with your other vendors
I AM going to make you dance your ass off
I AM going to make you laugh
I AM going to make you cry
I AM going to make your friends jealous.
I AM going to create lifelong memories…

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,900

What is included in the starting price?

Consultation
MC
Microphones
Sound/PA System

What music genres do you specialize in?

Electronic
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
MC
One Event Per Day

What additional equipment do you offer?

Microphones
Sound/PA System

Lindsay B. Married on 03/26/2022

Absolutely incredible !!!!!

I don’t know if words can ever be enough to describe how amazing working with Derek at The Block Party was. From our first conversation we knew he would understand exactly what were looking for and he definitely delivered. I am still getting messages weeks later from guests about how amazing the music / party was. Derek took our very eclectic music taste and he ran with it. It was exactly what I imagined for our wedding day. Everything was perfect. Don’t think I left the dance floor one time. Would definitely recommend!!!!!
    Charlotte Married on 01/29/2022

Do not hesitate. Book The Block Party

The Block Party is hands down the best DJ you can use at your wedding. They listen beforehand, are very normal people not trying to pinch pennies out of a couple already budgeting every part of their wedding, are upfront about what they can do and recommendations, read the room during your wedding and so much more. We had countless individuals at our wedding comment on how great of a DJ The Block Party is. At the very least, reach out to the Block Party and see what they can do for you. I sincerely think you're going to be blown away.
  • Sarah
    Sarah F. Married on 01/07/2022

Above and Beyond Our Expectations!

One of the desires for our wedding was an intimate gathering with close family and friends. We wanted the wedding day to be celebration. Despite the stress of planning a wedding during COVID, our day was just as we dreamed— actually above and beyond!

Derek Hall from DJ Block Party was one of the pivotal factors in helping to make our day amazing! From the initial interview where he was not only friendly, but listened to our vision, preferences, and music styles, my then fiancé and I felt confident Derek would do an amazing job.

He came up a day early to help us with our rehearsal since he was DJ’ing the ceremony music. He was flexible as we made minor changes the day before and worked closely with us to make sure he understood the schedule of events.

On the wedding day, he handled our ceremony music where we had three very different songs; yet, he managed to have them flow well.

And he was outstanding with not only handling the major things like keeping the music amped up and celebratory, but the other aspects like pronouncing all of our wedding party’s names correctly, announcing the speeches, and flowing with our tango as the first dance and the special first dances, to moving to the tent from the barn for the dancing.

He kept the party going on the dance floor, playing great tunes that encouraged guests to show off their moves along with played the three special requests my husband and I wanted.

Our guests raved about how he was one of the best DJ’s they’ve experienced and how he helped make the wedding intimate and fun. We couldn’t agree more!

Actually, my brother commented that you’d thought he (Derek) was a family friend because he personalized the special moments like when he introduced the Father of the Bride speech. Those little touches weren’t lost on us, and helped make our wedding feel very intimate.

I’ve attended over ten weddings in the past few years and none of those DJ’s could compare to Derek. He blew them all out of the water! Highly recommend!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Sarah Amelia Photography Sarah Amelia Photography Wedding Photographers

Derek is awesome at what he does, and he will keep the party going all night. You can tell the time and care he puts into each event. At our last wedding I couldn't stop singing or dancing along myself and I'm the wedding photographer :)

Beautiful Day Planning Beautiful Day Planning Wedding Planners

The best DJ in the business...hands down!

201 E Liberty St Suite 4, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104
248-736-2760
Location of (The Block Party)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding