The Bedford Columns

Bedford, VA View map Visit website
Up to 150 guests

Up to 150 guests

Experience the elegance of this historic estate amid quaint streets and breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Iconic columns, stunning gardens, and an exquisite, modern interior create a dramatic backdrop for extraordinary weddings that brides and grooms alike could only dream of. The Bedford Columns’ astounding outdoor ceremony site is complemented perfectly by the grandeur of its ballroom and the overlooking patio-style porches that allow guests to enjoy blushing sunsets as your perfect day comes to a close.

Facilities and Capacity
The Bedford Columns couples may host their ceremony and/or reception in a ballroom accommodating up to 150 guests.

Engaged couples who book The Bedford Columns benefit from the following amenities:

• Event planning
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Server(s)

Cuisine
The Bedford Columns offers an array of menu options consisting of American, French, Italian and local cuisine styles that utilize plated, buffet and station serving styles. In order to provide an enjoyable wedding experience for all, The Bedford Columns accommodates the following dietary restrictions:

• Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • Pork-free
  • Nut-free
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

Entwined Events
The Bedford Columns is a part of the Entwined Events family of premier wedding venues and services. Our priority is to make your grand affair as unforgettable and stress-free as possible. On-site directors and seasoned staff will guide you through the planning and details of your event. We believe personal involvement helps us capture your dreams on your special day, overlooking no detail. Additionally, Entwined Events offers exceptional services in floral arrangements, DJs, cakes, and catering.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Server(s)
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Drapery
Furniture
Photo booth
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

Maggie Married on 07/07/2018
    My husband and I got married at The Bedford Columns on July 7, 2018. It was literally the best day of our entire lives. Anna, was our planner who was provided through Entwined Events. She was amazing! She was what we called our “quiet force.” She was as sweet as can be, but she makes sure the job gets done and is done to perfection. And when I say to perfection, I mean perfection! Every single detail that we discussed with Anna, even the little things were not unnoticed. She made sure our day went beautifully. When I walked into our ceremony and reception space before the day began, I was absolutely speechless at how beautiful everything looked. Now, the staff provided by Entwined Events was also amazing! We had a great DJ who kept the party going, a great bartender (who was even so sweet to hand me a glass of water before I was about to walk down the aisle- pre-wedding jitters!), an amazing chef that prepared a wonderful meal for all of our guests (which everyone loved), a floral team that prepared the most beautiful centerpieces I could have ever imagined, and a wait staff that surpassed any other! Not only did we feel like royalty that day, but our guests did as well. Any time we needed something during the day Anna or another staff member were there to take care of us and help us with all of our needs. Even our guests, if they needed something a staff member was there to assist. We even had a gluten-free guest and the chef offered to prepare a separate meal for that guest. If something went wrong on the day of, I still to this day do not know of it. It was a stress-free atmosphere for ourselves as well as our guests and it made our wedding day be filled with love and laughter by all guests. I mean seriously Entwined Events really took care of us, and we are so incredibly appreciative for all of the hard work that was put into making our day so special. If I could turn around and do it again there would be not one thing I would change! If you are looking for a be
  • Loren
    Loren Married on 06/24/2017
    Where to begin - my entire day was magical thanks to the team at The Bedford Columns! Kira was our planner and was more than I could have ever asked for. She anticipated absolutely everything and was taking care of it all before I even thought to ask. The food was DELICIOUS. The DJ was fantastic. The flowers - WOW. We used Carla Bruce with Entwined Events and I literally cried when I saw my bouquet. Everything, and I mean everything, was perfect. Just to give you an idea of the level of service this place provides - they put a box of food and piece of your wedding cake in your room for after the reception because they know the bride and groom barely get to eat during everything. If I could do it all over again - I wouldn't change a thing. The staff is professional, which gave me such peace of mind, and the venue is absolutely stunning. Thank you doesn't begin to describe what they did for me on such an important day in my life.
    Ashley Married on 06/10/2017
    Kira was absolutely AMAZING! She made our big day absolutely perfect and worry-free. She was on top of everything from start to finish. She repeatedly checked on me, my husband and our bridal party from the beginning of the day to the end, catering to our every need. She handled the entire day with professionalism, promptness and a take-charge attitude... which kept me from having to worry about a single thing. She met every single one of my demanding expectations, and I would definitely recommend her to any bride as their coordinator. Bedford Columns is absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad I picked this venue AND had Kira as my bridal coordinator. Five stars in my book!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

A Little Party Events A Little Party Events Wedding Planners

We looove working at this venue!! Brides do not have to think twice about choosing quality vendors because Bedford Columns takes care of many of your needs in house. Delicious catering, beautiful flowers, stately cakes, all in addition to the estate, ceremony site, and ballroom. Did we mention the rental comes with tables, chairs, linens, dressing suits, yes Yes YES!!! The Bedford Columns has it all!! If you are looking for a beautiful full service venue, look no further!!

Elegance On The Avenue Brooch Bouquets Elegance On The Avenue Brooch Bouquets Wedding Florists

Beautiful facility! Gorgeous weddings. One of my brides had her reception at Bedford Columns. They were able to match her cake to the Elegance On The Avenue Custom Satin Bridal Bouquet I made for her. Very lovely!

812 East Main Street Bedford, VA, 24523
Location of (The Bedford Columns)

The Bedford Columns frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Bedford Columns?

The Bedford Columns includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At The Bedford Columns, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

The Bedford Columns includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)

At The Bedford Columns, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at The Bedford Columns includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • Champagne Toast

What are the most important characteristics of The Bedford Columns in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Bedford Columns for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Historic Building
  • Mansion

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Bedford Columns for wedding events?

The Bedford Columns offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does The Bedford Columns offer?

The Bedford Columns offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Bedford Columns offer for wedding events?

The Bedford Columns offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Get Ready Rooms
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Bedford Columns have available for wedding events?

The Bedford Columns offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Aisle Markers
  • Drapery
  • Furniture
  • Photo booth
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Bedford Columns and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Bedford Columns is recommended by 94% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.9 in quality of service, 4.9 in average response time, 4.9 in professionalism, 4.9 in value and 4.8 in flexibility.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding

Wedding Venues